X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
    Just a quick question for the BBV.

Last time playing live I am sitting next to a player who must of been playing live for the first time, but nice enough chap. Folded around to him and he holds his cards up off the table in clear veiw of me. I see his cards and he folds. I fold as well but choose not to tell him because not sure of his reaction.

Would you tell him or do as I did.
    Tell him once. Thereafter look at his cards (if he continues to show them to you) and take his chips.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Last time playing live I am sitting next to a player who must of been playing live for the first time, but nice enough chap. Folded around to him and he holds his cards up off the table in clear veiw of me. I see his cards and he folds. I fold as well but choose not to tell him because not sure of his reaction.

Ya I'd quietly tell him for his own sake to protect his cards better because the guy to the right can probably see them too.

If he's a noob it shouldn't be too hard to get chips from him anyway

Comment

Man City have just confirmed they have bid 45mill quid for Raoul Moat, They have no idea who he is but heard everyone else was after him.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          For Shrapnel

so dont go quoting me on all of this now.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
            Ya I'd quietly tell him for his own sake to protect his cards better because the guy to the right can probably see them too.

If he's a noob it shouldn't be too hard to get chips from him anyway
            Guy to his right was the dealer and he never did at again. I was gonna tell him if I seen him do it again. Pretty nooby mistake but we all started like that I'm sure.

Cheers BBV.

Comment

less of this niceness!
              buy the man a double; stick a pillow on his shoulder and stare at his cards like they are a nice pair of boobies, thats what would do!

Comment

Originally posted by Laxie View Post
                LeBron James has up and left Cleveland opting for Miami. I'm from Cleveland. Grew up there and watched while team after team 'nearly' got there. We're the most loyal fans you'd ever want to meet. Even when our teams are playing pure crap, we're still there cheering them on in hopes that some day - just maybe - they'll do well. We were very nearly there thanks to one of our own last season. We were gutted when the Cavs didn't take the lot last season. But now? Fans aren't gutted. We're feckin raging.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html
                Bill Simmons has 23 (make that 24) thoughts as we count down to the LeBron James decision.

brilliant piece on the whole situation...
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  American drinking culture is funny, we're renowned as binge drinkers around the world but we do it differently to them. We stretch our binge over as long as possible, while they seem to want to get major shit faced as fast as is humanly possible.

I much prefer an oul Irish binge myself.
                  I've noticed this too. They'll either stretch 3 drinks over 6 hours or get completely blitzed and collapse in 2.

Also the English are somewhere in the middle. They'll drink 3 pints an hour for 4 hours and then fall over.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is anyone else missing the live tourney and HH forums at the top of the main page , have they been moved ??

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                      Is anyone else missing the live tourney and HH forums at the top of the main page , have they been moved ??
                      Yep, they've been taken out from under General Poker and made into forums of their own. They're listed under the main page: www.irishpokerboards.com

Comment

Yeah I guess so. As Lloyd said, they are wicked strong.

I only had two I think, I don't like the whole knocking back thing, makes me pukey.

American drinking culture is funny, we're renowned as binge drinkers around the world but we do it differently to them. We stretch our binge over as long as possible, while they seem to want to get major shit faced as fast as is humanly possible.

I much prefer an oul Irish binge myself.
                        Americans are all about the shotgunning and the beer bonging, basically make your drinking as uncomfortable as possible. I've never been to North America myself but its something I've noticed with Americans and Canadians in Europe. Many a time I've been in a hostel common room and have had some random Canadian dick telling me I have to down my drink in 3 seconds or something.

I'd much rather have a good day long session where you can drink at your own pace. As I often say, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Comment

Text message sent to Raul Moat read

"it has come to my notice that John Terry has been shagging your missus while you were in prison"

yours sincerely

Wayne Bridge"

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                            Americans are all about the shotgunning and the beer bonging, basically make your drinking as uncomfortable as possible. I've never been to North America myself but its something I've noticed with Americans and Canadians in Europe. Many a time I've been in a hostel common room and have had some random Canadian dick telling me I have to down my drink in 3 seconds or something.

I'd much rather have a good day long session where you can drink at your own pace. As I often say, it's a marathon, not a sprint.
                            The term over there isn't "get wasted" for nothing. Pretty good description of how they do their drinking.
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                              Yep, they've been taken out from under General Poker and made into forums of their own. They're listed under the main page: www.irishpokerboards.com
                              Ughhh. Sorry for complaining Ste but i think its a terrible idea to move them from where they were . While they were at the top of the page on general poker we had everything in the one place and it was very easy to follow and see if there was new posts without having to go looking for them. I just think they will get lost where they are now . Out of sight out of mind type of thing.

Comment

Ughhh. Sorry for complaining Ste but i think its a terrible idea to move them from where they were . While they were at the top of the page on general poker we had everything in the one place and it was very easy to follow and see if there was new posts without having to go looking for them. I just think they will get lost where they are now . Out of sight out of mind type of thing.
                                Ya they are stuck out with the sheep and the werewolves etc that I've no interest in

Comment

Speaking of Seth Green, Robot Chicken needs way more love.
                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm7zSLKu8ko[/ame]

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Damo. We're going to give the new layout a spin for a week or so and if people still dislike it we'll reconsider!

Comment

Some guy who opted to play the Ladies event at the WSOP used a tampon as his card protector, lols.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I don't Why the area would still be called general poker if live and online is covered in different forums?
                                        General poker should have live, online, and theory rulings sub forums. Maybe a community "forum" instead of "games", where the games and general stuff like personal logs could reside, and, dare i say it, this thread too?
                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I booked flights to LA last Feb for myself and the wife with e-bookers, due to travel August 20th.

My wife's father took really ill recently so it was looking like we'd have to cancel.

I called them to check how much it would cost to cancel and what sort of time we had to decide.

Got talking to a girl in the Phillipines and she told me it would cost €195 to cancel and we had up until the day before travelling. Grand, I was fearing it would cost much more.

A week later we decided to cancel the trip. I called back and was told this time that it was €195 PER PASSENGER.

Big argument ensued and it ended with them saying they'd check back on the tape of the call and if I was told €195 total, that would be what they'd charge. I said I wanted to listen to the tape and was told it was not possible, but don't worry our investigation team are totally impartial.

Got a call three days later telling me I was wrong and that their representative clearly stated 'per passenger'.

I demanded to hear the tape and was told it would take up to forty days and if I wanted a copy I would have to write a letter to their London office to request it, I couldn't email them. Basically trying their best to dissuade me.

I wrote the letter last week.

Got a call just there from them apologising for their representative's mistake in not mentioning 'per passenger' and offering me the refund based on what she originally told me.

Lying bastards.

Won't book with them again.

Good result though for the little guy
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                            I don't Why the area would still be called general poker if live and online is covered in different forums?
                                            General poker should have live, online, and theory rulings sub forums. Maybe a community "forum" instead of "games", where the games and general stuff like personal logs could reside, and, dare i say it, this thread too?
                                            This along with Damo's comments are exactly the kind of thing we need to hear lads.

I'm gonna move these posts into the thread about the forum changes to keep everything in one place. I presume that's OK with people.

EDIT: Which BTW is here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...newpost&t=4584

Also, I just copied the posts over so other BBV regs can see them and maybe follow over to the thread and have their say. We genuinely want to hear what you guys think. If it's crap, say so and we can go back it's no skin off our teeth and we're just trying to make the place better, the last thing we want is to make the place worse!!
                                            Last edited by Ste05; 09-07-10, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                              http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

brilliant piece on the whole situation...
                                              What is the deal that he was able to become a free agent? Im not really a fan of NBA but im kinda intrigued by this story, seems absolutely absurd. Im not sure what way players are swapped between teams and what kind of money is involved.

Could you fill me in on this story as much as you could Lloyd or any NBA head is layman's terms?
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just had a thought, there's probably some poor Filipino girl getting docked six months wages right now.

Dems de breaks

Comment

I booked flights to LA last Feb for myself and the wife with e-bookers, due to travel August 20th.

My wife's father took really ill recently so it was looking like we'd have to cancel.

I called them to check how much it would cost to cancel and what sort of time we had to decide.

Got talking to a girl in the Phillipines and she told me it would cost €195 to cancel and we had up until the day before travelling. Grand, I was fearing it would cost much more.

A week later we decided to cancel the trip. I called back and was told this time that it was €195 PER PASSENGER.

Big argument ensued and it ended with them saying they'd check back on the tape of the call and if I was told €195 total, that would be what they'd charge. I said I wanted to listen to the tape and was told it was not possible, but don't worry our investigation team are totally impartial.

Got a call three days later telling me I was wrong and that their representative clearly stated 'per passenger'.

I demanded to hear the tape and was told it would take up to forty days and if I wanted a copy I would have to write a letter to their London office to request it, I couldn't email them. Basically trying their best to dissuade me.

I wrote the letter last week.

Got a call just there from them apologising for their representative's mistake in not mentioning 'per passenger' and offering me the refund based on what she originally told me.

Lying bastards.

Won't book with them again.

Good result though for the little guy
                                                  Not enough irish people go to these lengths, wp.
                                                  Last edited by a-k-47; 09-07-10, 17:53.

Comment

That's the problem.

All those foreigners are taking our jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      What is the deal that he was able to become a free agent? Im not really a fan of NBA but im kinda intrigued by this story, seems absolutely absurd. Im not sure what way players are swapped between teams and what kind of money is involved.

Could you fill me in on this story as much as you could Lloyd or any NBA head is layman's terms?
                                                      His contract simply expired at the end of June. On a basic level it is the same as the bosman rule in football. LeBron was automatically signed to a standard rookie deal when he was initially drafted (as all players who enter the NBA are), and then signed a max length / max payment (salaries in the NBA are capped as are contract lengths) deal with them after his rookie season. As such, with that contract expired he was an unrestricted free agent and able to go and play for whoever he liked really given any team would offer him a max contract in an instant if they had the cap space.

This summer has been eagerly anticipated for some time because Dwayne Wade (a consensus top five NBA player) and Chris Bosh (one of the top 5 players at his position) also became free agents at the end of June. Also on the market were top consensus top 20 players Carlos Boozer and Amare Stoudemire, along with a fair amount of solid positional players worthy of mid level contracts that could put a good team over the top.

The drama was heightened because the New York Knicks (basically the Newcastle of the NBA) had thrown the past three years to give themselves a ton of leverage in the free agency market (i.e. the had the ability to sign two players to max contracts), and for the past seven years LeBron has been playing professional basketball just down the road from where he grew up.

The dust has now settled though, and the result is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh have conspired to go to sunny South Florida and win all the gold for the foreseeable future. Florida has no state income tax and the three have agreed to settle for contracts a couple of million dollars under the max amount payable so that there is a few quid left over for Miami to fill out the roster around them. The reaction in the American media has been apocalyptic and debate will rage for some time over a couple of general points:

- has LeBron a right to turn his back on his home team before he won them a title?

- was it right for him to take out an hour long special on primetime television solely dedicated to his decision on where he would play basketball?

- is it admirable that the three players have taken a pay cut to play together?

- are the titles they may win devalued because they have basically rigged things to give them a huge talent edge over the opposition?

- would the more honourable decision on LeBron's part been signing for historic basketball cities like New York or Chicago and taking on the challenge of restoring them to their rightful positions of dominance?

- Fuck Miami, it has terrible sports fans and doesn't deserve this!

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                        This along with Damo's comments are exactly the kind of thing we need to hear lads.

I'm gonna move these posts into the thread about the forum changes to keep everything in one place. I presume that's OK with people.

EDIT: Which BTW is here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...newpost&t=4584

Also, I just copied the posts over so other BBV regs can see them and maybe follow over to the thread and have their say. We genuinely want to hear what you guys think. If it's crap, say so and we can go back it's no skin off our teeth and we're just trying to make the place better, the last thing we want is to make the place worse!!
                                                        I understand that you's want to try something new ect I just don't like complaining cause you lads put lot time effort into this forum and have the last say. But i really don't like the new layout... sry
                                                        ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                        I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

May have been posted before. Anna Chapman one of the russian spies swapped. Not a bad looking spy. Wonder who they swapped her for

Comment

Puncture on a Friday means you can't leave the bike in work and get the bus home.

I may as well have swam

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                              His contract simply expired at the end of June. On a basic level it is the same as the bosman rule in football. LeBron was automatically signed to a standard rookie deal when he was initially drafted (as all players who enter the NBA are), and then signed a max length / max payment (salaries in the NBA are capped as are contract lengths) deal with them after his rookie season. As such, with that contract expired he was an unrestricted free agent and able to go and play for whoever he liked really given any team would offer him a max contract in an instant if they had the cap space.

This summer has been eagerly anticipated for some time because Dwayne Wade (a consensus top five NBA player) and Chris Bosh (one of the top 5 players at his position) also became free agents at the end of June. Also on the market were top consensus top 20 players Carlos Boozer and Amare Stoudemire, along with a fair amount of solid positional players worthy of mid level contracts that could put a good team over the top.

The drama was heightened because the New York Knicks (basically the Newcastle of the NBA) had thrown the past three years to give themselves a ton of leverage in the free agency market (i.e. the had the ability to sign two players to max contracts), and for the past seven years LeBron has been playing professional basketball just down the road from where he grew up.

The dust has now settled though, and the result is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh have conspired to go to sunny South Florida and win all the gold for the foreseeable future. Florida has no state income tax and the three have agreed to settle for contracts a couple of million dollars under the max amount payable so that there is a few quid left over for Miami to fill out the roster around them. The reaction in the American media has been apocalyptic and debate will rage for some time over a couple of general points:

- has LeBron a right to turn his back on his home team before he won them a title?

- was it right for him to take out an hour long special on primetime television solely dedicated to his decision on where he would play basketball?

- is it admirable that the three players have taken a pay cut to play together?

- are the titles they may win devalued because they have basically rigged things to give them a huge talent edge over the opposition?

- would the more honourable decision on LeBron's part been signing for historic basketball cities like New York or Chicago and taking on the challenge of restoring them to their rightful positions of dominance?

- Fuck Miami, it has terrible sports fans and doesn't deserve this!
                                                              Not been an NBA fan i have and idea when he first came to prominence that he was the next big thing? Has he lived up this?

What way are players bought and sold or traded? Like in football Ronaldo was sold for €80 million does that kind of shit happen in the NBA? Could his team made some money off of him?

I really am intrigued by this and i appreciate you doing this

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                Puncture on a Friday means you can't leave the bike in work and get the bus home.

I may as well have swam
                                                                Doesn't seemed to have been your best first week.

Comment

FPL will go live on 12th July with the following new rules!

An Extra Wildcard

Okay, strap yourself in; this is the big rule change. We’re going to be handed a second wildcard in gameweek 23 to coincide with the Premier League transfer window. This wildcard will be given to us straight after the start of gameweek 22 and must be used before the gameweek 27 deadline; fail to use it and you lose it. The existing wildcard can still be played at any point in the season.

The FPL described the thinking behind this to us and it seems that last season’s big chill is one of the main factors behind it. The fixture pile-up which resulted in so many double gameweeks was seen as a major disruption for Fantasy Managers and their plans, this coming season the FPL want to safeguard against that by giving us a method of coping with a backlog of fixtures. In addition this change is seen as a device to tempt back Fantasy Managers who may feel they have lost their way by the turn of the year. A problem for many Fantasy games out there of course. A handy one for mini-league organisers looking to whip up some New Year enthusiasm.

Roll-over Transfers

So last season we saw the FPL grant us the ability to carry over one unused transfer to the following gameweek. That gave us the ability to have double transfers in a given gameweek but if we didn’t use them, we lost them. Well not now. Next season we can carry over a transfer and continue to roll it over gameweek after gameweek. We can never have more than two in a given gameweek but gone are the days when we feel forced to exploit two transfers when, in reality, we could have dealt with just the one.

Own Goal Points Deduction

Yep, we’re going to be losing two points for OG’s. A minor change that shouldn’t affect our thinking when it comes to player selection but one which will certainly hurt when we fall foul of Richard Dunne’s latest arse-cheek deflection. The FPL were quick to point out to us that own goals will be based on the stats they are provided with (which are fed live from the Press Association) and that these decisions would not be revisited as a result of dubious goal panel findings. We’re going to have fun with this then.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                    Not enough irish people go to these lengths, wp.
                                                                    I try
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Doesn't seemed to have been your best first week.
                                                                      I'll survive, its pretty handy work, not exactly enthralling, but thats alright. I've gotten computer access since Wednesday, and they have hundreds of training modules on their intranet.

I'm pretty much getting paid to get a start on my studying for next year! Doing all the modules that will overlap with my Masters, and not really have anything to do with my "role" within the organisation. My manager seems happy enough with me doing that since they've only given me about an hour of work a day so far.

Only 9 weeks of it too, pretty sure most people can handle 9 weeks of pretty much anything (within reason ldo).

Anyway, less of that, Pints time!

Comment

Might have to get one of you's to write me a harshly worded email to Meteor if they keep pricking me around

My letter would just go something like "fuck you, you fucking fucks" might not get the best reply from that

Comment

so when i came to america my flights were booked through USIT and obviously they couldnt book return flight on date I wanted to as cant book over a year in advance. i finish work sometime towards the end of october and legally i have 30 days to leave america before getting a proper visa. as of right now i finish the 22nd and flight is the 29nd and it turns out if i want to change flights I have pay the changing fee and the cost difference of the new flight, USIT being cunts or pretty standard and should I fight them for it?

Comment

Might have to get one of you's to write me a harshly worded email to Meteor if they keep pricking me around

My letter would just go something like "fuck you, you fucking fucks" might not get the best reply from that
                                                                            +1 for meteors customer service been a pack of cunts.

My 500th post was calling a group of people a pack of cunts
                                                                            Last edited by MegaSin; 09-07-10, 18:42.

Comment

Great Preview of the Munster Final

Munster finals I have known
                                                                              At the back end of 2008, this writer was in Australia for the Compromise Rules. There was a series of cafes in Perth, along a street, and the smell of cooking made the body desire some food. The ‘Sporting Limerick’ jersey was on me upon walking in, and the Asian counterman said to me in a broken English accent, ‘Do you know what the greatest sporting occasion in the world is?’ Assuming he was referring to something from that side of the world I replied ‘The Melbourne Cup’, ‘The Bledisloe Cup’. ‘No, No’ he replied, ‘the greatest sporting occasion in the world is the Munster hurling final’. It turns out that he had been to Ireland a year earlier, and visited Semple Stadium for the Waterford vs Limerick decider, sealed by the late Dan Shanahan goals. A small world eh. Truthfully, it brought a tear to my eye.

He is dead right. There have been some truly great Munster finals. Last year, my workload was heavy, between writing a book and trying to qualify as a teacher. ‘Running on Empty’ would be something of an understatement. Some use music to give themselves a lift in such circumstances, and this writer is no different, but the greatest lift of all came from listening to Mick Dunne’s great commentary of the 1980 Munster Hurling final. (The Eamonn Grimes speech from 1973 came a close second!). That was the day of the famous Ollie O’Connor goal, and John Horgan’s thrown hurley. In one of the greatest team performances ever from a Limerick side, Eamonn Cregan was very influential and scored two late pressure frees to help secure victory against a Cork side who were comparable to the present day great Kilkenny side.

The 1981 Munster final between Limerick and Clare was one of the most exciting ever played, but is rarely mentioned, such is the volume of quality Munster finals etched into folklore. Joe McKenna scored three goals off John Ryan that day to secure a Limerick victory, and Paudie Fitzmaurice lifted the cup. 1982 and 1983 were washouts as Waterford seemed to freeze on both days against Cork. The 1984 final was arguably a better final than many played in subsequent years which have greater reputations. Cork stole that one with a late victory over Tipperary. Those sides would meet in several Munster finals from then until 1991, but all the talk seems to be about 1987 and 1991. However 1984 and 1990 (The Day of the Donkeys) are not far behind based on present day video evidence. Who can forget Mark Foley scoring 2-7 in 1990, or the great John Fitzgibbon poaching two more.

Clare dominated the mid to late 1990’s more than any other side. They appeared in every Munster final from 1993 to 1999 except for one year, 1996, the year of the great Ciaran Carey point. 1993 and 1994 were washouts while 1995 was known as the Johnny McDonnell final (There’s something wrong when the referee still hasn’t been forgotten fifteen years later). 1996 brought the year where Limerick memorably won the Munster final twice. As satisfying as it was to win the psychological battle in Limerick after a thrilling comeback - thanks to my boyhood hero Frankie Carroll - there was nothing to compare to climbing the wire for the replay in Páirc Uí Chaoimh one year later. Clare raised the bar in 1997, 1998 but were caught by a fresh faced Cork in 1999. 1997 is best remembered for the late John Leahy goal chance, and the famous great speech by Anthony Daly “We are no longer the whipping boys of Munster”, a speech that incidentally doesn’t seem to be available on Youtube. It must be any captain’s dream to make a speech like that after beating Tipperary in a Munster final. 1998 brought a new era where controversy became more important than hurling. Read Ger Loughnane’s book ‘Raising the Banner’ for the exclusive account of what happened there. It’s first hand, explosive and opinionated. If you haven’t read it by now, you should have read it.

The 2000’s brought us the Cork vs Waterford rivalry and the greatest game of hurling ever witnessed by this writer, apart from the 1990 All Ireland final. The year was 2004, and the game had everything, Paul Flynn’s superlative free, Garvan McCarthy’s goal which summed up the Waterford full back line and goalkeeping frailties of that time, Ken McGrath’s overhead catch at the end and don’t forget John Mullane’s sending off, followed by a declaration of passion for his beloved ‘Wahurford’. Time waits for no man, though, and 2004 is but a memory now. A promising 14-year-old Tony Forrestal player back then is a 20-year-old senior intercounty hurler now. No longer a boy but a grown man.

Cork and Waterford have an opportunity to recreate 2004 on Sunday in a hurling year marred by slack attendances. The Munster Council need a big attendance at this game, and, above all, they need a spectacle of 2004 proportions. It hasn’t been a good year for the Munster hurling championship and it needs to be rescued from the media critics (who would prefer if the Munster championship wasn’t there) on Sunday. Cork vs Tipperary was a cash cow, Cork vs Limerick was never going to be a cash cow, so they needed to ensure that Clare vs Waterford maximised its financial potential. However, the brains who fixed that game for a Bank Holiday Monday are probably still patting themselves on the back for blowing a small fortune on potential gate receipts.

As for Sunday, Cork appear to be the more settled outfit. They know their team and their players are comfortable in their positions. Waterford are strong in the half back line, and Cork have runners as opposed to ball winners there. Limerick picked runners to mark the Cork midfield and half forward runners and it worked well to an extent, but Waterford have players who like to impose themselves rather than try to contain their Cork opponents. Cork will be better at containing Waterford, than Waterford will be at containing Cork. Waterford do not know their best starting team, and cannot be sure until the match is in full flow if the balance is right between starting players and those held back on the bench.

The full back line forever remains the chestnut but they will be mindful of the job David Breen did on Aisaki in the last round. Maybe Declan Prendergast is the man for the No. 3 shirt yet again. He did an excellent job as a left half back in wet blustery conditions against Clare, but it would be a huge ask of him to mark Ben O’Connor on a fast sod, especially if the Newtownshandrum man is supplied with the right ball. Aidan Kearney would do the No. 3 job too, but is he available/wanted? Cathal Naughton and Tom Kenny are sprinters, but have Richie Foley and Shane O’Sullivan got the appetite to sacrifice their own ballplay to contain the running game? Dan Shanahan will be a dream for Eoin Cadogan, and someone like Shane Walsh would make life a lot more difficult for Cadogan. The Waterford half back line thrive on overhead battles, but Cork are the one team that will not rain high ball down on top of them.

It’s a game that both teams need to win, Waterford to vindicate their decision to remove Justin McCarthy (as if the Limerick situation didn’t already do that) while Cork need this trophy to vindicate their striking actions over the past couple of years.

Cork to win.

Comment

The phone i have at the moment has been acting funny for the last month and a half, dropping calls/try sending texts multiple times/bad reception so i finally decided to get a new phone and decided to switch to bill pay to get the new HTC and was told i would have it by Friday.

Today rolls around and nope no sign of it now ive been told Saturday, im not really gonna hold my breath. Instead of just bullshitting why not just tell me it will be awhile? So now im on this new plan on a phone that works when it wants i really feel if i dont get it tomorrow i will tell them to shove that contract up their hole!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                  so when i came to america my flights were booked through USIT and obviously they couldnt book return flight on date I wanted to as cant book over a year in advance. i finish work sometime towards the end of october and legally i have 30 days to leave america before getting a proper visa. as of right now i finish the 22nd and flight is the 29nd and it turns out if i want to change flights I have pay the changing fee and the cost difference of the new flight, USIT being cunts or pretty standard and should I fight them for it?
                                                                                  Seems pretty standard enough on their part unfortunately Gordon.

Third parties always have their own admin fees on top of whatever an airline might charge.

Can you pick the airline? If so, surely you can shop around for a good price and only pay their changing fee?

Comment

Make your next one about Levi's, I was sick I didn't.

Comment

That's a good thing in my book, wp.
                                                                                      Cunts.
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Seems pretty standard enough on their part unfortunately Gordon.

Third parties always have their own admin fees on top of whatever an airline might charge.

Can you pick the airline? If so, surely you can shop around for a good price and only pay their changing fee?
                                                                                        have the return flight booked with BA, dallas direct to london, best flight out there for getting to and from here but also means ill have to change flight from london to dublin too so could get expensive along with the 150 changing fee.

Comment

Now if i write this they seem to be very helpfull . But you would have to finish it off with something like " Im gonna come down there and pull your fukkin head clean outta your neck " just for visual effects type of thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                            have the return flight booked with BA, dallas direct to london, best flight out there for getting to and from here but also means ill have to change flight from london to dublin too so could get expensive along with the 150 changing fee.
                                                                                            Try Continental Dallas to London, crap airline but dirt cheap. You could arrange to arrive in enough time for a Ryanair €20 flight to Dublin.

Comment

BA arent able to change itinerary, has to be done through agent. i really fucking hate USIT. biggest showers of cunts around

Comment

I'm tired.

Comment

anyone know if ipoker got there shit sorted out????????

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                                                    anyone know if ipoker got there shit sorted out????????
                                                                                                    Level?

Comment

Seems that Raoul chap is surrounded and has a gun to his head. Sky desperately trying to get live shots of this. Mad world.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Seems that Raoul chap is surrounded and has a gun to his head. Sky desperately trying to get live shots of this. Mad world.
                                                                                                        Cool, thanks for the heads up

Comment

Oh fuck right off ipoker. They've only gone and reduced the guarentee in the 8.40 PLH game from 1.5K to 1K, all cause it was missing the guarentee by about $150-$200.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Oh fuck right off ipoker. They've only gone and reduced the guarentee in the 8.40 PLH game from 1.5K to 1K, all cause it was missing the guarentee by about $150-$200.
                                                                                                            yeah seen that
                                                                                                            lol

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Just had a thought, there's probably some poor Filipino girl getting docked six months wages right now.

Dems de breaks
                                                                                                              Oh she is fired, we have a call center out there and if they make any sort of mistake they are out the door in an instant. My boss told me that so he doesn't mention most of their fuckups unless it's big.
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on RTE 2 @ 9.55.

Comment

hey,

Im watching a stream of Friday night lights at the moment, and they all seem to be out of synch with the sound v picture, is there any way to fix this? Streaming from Megavideo...

Cheers

Comment

Noticed this guy sitting at a 2c/5c LHE table...

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerinthefront View Post
                                                                                                                      hey,

Im watching a stream of Friday night lights at the moment, and they all seem to be out of synch with the sound v picture, is there any way to fix this? Streaming from Megavideo...

Cheers
                                                                                                                      Nope. Find another stream I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                        Noticed this guy sitting at a 2c/5c LHE table...

3 questions:

who is he?
                                                                                                                        how/why does he have 2.5k BB?
                                                                                                                        Why would you put yourself through the pain of micro stakes limit holdem?
                                                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

^^^
                                                                                                                          Its limit that's his roll

Cool, thanks for the heads off
                                                                                                                          FYP IMO
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X