Clear All

I just bubbled a tourni

hand missing from my history

m of 11
    I raise JJ one caller

Q33 board
    i pot
    he raises
    I say fuck it and shove (half my chips in middle already)

*ya of course he had AQ

im pretty sure subconsciously im undermining myself at this stage to get myself to quit and join bubbleking's Christian fundamentalist anti poker cult
    Last edited by Guest; 19-05-10, 00:12. Reason: *

Comment

FT time
      Low and dead

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
        If you are split between those two then somewhere central is going to be your best bet unless you plan on getting a car.

I would go as far as Dalry one way or the top of Leith walk the other. You should then be within 10 minutes walk of a bus to either destination. Leith was having a lot of development done when I left and was being transformed into a nice place to live.

In Dalry you would probably get a bus to Riccarton right outside your door and a short walk to Princes St to get one to Kings Buildings. Leith Walk the opposite.

Football wise - Leith is where Hibs ground is and Dalry is right next to Hearts ground.

Both places are a short walk from Princes street and all the action of a night-time.

Morningside would be a pain unless you had a car.
        http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-15502863.html is one of the places I used to live and was very handy for everything.
        sigpic
        www.d4events.com

Comment

Shortstack thanks for the info, much appreciated!

I'll surely be a cyclist in Edinburgh, tis the only way to travel in cities!

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
            FT time
            Low and dead
            gl have you up now

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
              FT time
              Low and dead
              what do you mean card dead?

73s > KK!

Comment

With ~2BB's i needed something

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Anyone seen Find Me Guilty? Just loved it. Vin Diesel was excellent in it. Brilliant courtroom and mafia movie.
                  It's Sidney Lumet, I'd highly recommend his last movie "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead" too.

And most of his movies from the 70s are pretty awesome too. Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico etc.

Comment

gonzo 10 10 v JJ

Cheers for the rail folks

Comment

Found one of those fish at a HU tables that emmet talks about (or should i say he found me) i honestly think he may have been drunk...

Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting completely owned by a 92/54 drooler on a 6max table. He donks 80% of hands, and I just haven't caught a hand to play against him with. My JJ found a AK5 flop, he donked 3 barrels with K3o.

I have no idea how to exploit him? Its jus relentless (idiotic) aggression

Comment

Comment

Got him. Nh sir...

The £ tables are a great call for slightly moving up levels, I'm essentially playing 30nl by playing on them

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($21.95)
                            BB ($25.63)
                            UTG ($20)
                            MP ($23.81)
                            CO ($23.10)
                            Hero (Button) ($47.02)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
                            2 folds, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.20) J, J, 7 (3 players)
                            BB bets $0.80, CO raises $2.30, Hero calls $2.30, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($9.10) A (3 players)
                            BB bets $0.60, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($10.30) 7 (2 players)
                            BB bets $0.60, Hero raises $43.42 (All-In), BB calls $21.43 (All-In)

Total pot: $54.36

Results:
                            Hero had J, K (full house, Jacks over sevens).
                            BB had 7, 3 (full house, sevens over Jacks).
                            Outcome: Hero won $73.04

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong85 View Post
                              I've travelled through Java and Bali.
                              Thanks a lot for that, I appreciate it. Bali does sound like a hell of a place. If I go I'll need some emergency swimming lessons before I go as I stupidly never learnt to swim, and not going into the sea / snorkelling there would be unforgivable and incredibly tilting.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                Oh dear civilians
                                CliffNotes?

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                This is akin to diagnosing illnesses by typing symptoms into google.
                                I'd say that wouldn't be too far off a random doctor's visit.

A quick google gives http://www.healthline.com/
                                I threw the following into the symptom checker.

'Pain in testicle, Painful urination, Vomiting' = 1 possible causes : Kidney Stones

Then I tried Pain in testicle, Vaginal discharge. I thought I had it stumped. But it nailed it.
                                SPOILER

Comment

My last travel related post, but this is just so sick that some of you may have an interest. Air Asia is a low fare airline which has a Ryanairesque taxes only type thing going on atm for travel from 3 January 2011 - 8 May 2011.

Now they only fly from Stansted which isn't a problem, and they only go to Kuala Lumpur from there, but they go everywhere from Kuala Lumpur. Return London-Kuala Lumpur is £250, from there everywhere is dirt cheap, as in like £5 to India, Indonesia, Thailand etc, and only another £30-40 to go to Australia. Pretty sick prices imo.

Download AirAsia MOVE today and get only the best deals on flights, hotels, ride and more! Completing your travel, all in one app.

Comment

12 more minutes of this Boston and I'm doing my Marv Albert impression!
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

H/L omaha can be the most annoyin game at times

Comment

Boomshakalaka!

2-0 Celtics in the Eastern Conference Championship game. Two road wins, they can finish this one off in 4 with two homes wins.

What you gotta say now LuckyLloyd?
                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I love this, was posted over on boards.

Comment

Who was Hornswaggl on boards?

Comment

BBV Help - Laptop problem

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this.

My HP Pavillion used to overheat and switch itself off if it was left sitting on couch/bed etc but was grand on floor/table. I had it in for repair while it was still in warranty and they said it was a safety feature of the HP that it switches off when it overheats to prevent damage.

Lately it has been switching off after just over an hour and the bottom is so hot its almost untouchable. It will go back on if you leave it to cool. I had a critical error last night after it went back on and it would not connect to internet and asked for the eircom code and even when put in it still didn't connect. I reboot it and it was fine for a while.

My question is, will it be ok with one of those cooler things under it or is it a more serious problem.

Anyone had this and able to give an opinion?

On The spare laptop that Tony uses and need sorted soon as there will be blood spilled if there is only one to use ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                Irish Bracelet Winners at the WSOP

Noel Furlong
                                                Marty Smyth
                                                Ciaran O'Leary
                                                Alan Smurfit
                                                Donnacha O'Dea

anybody else?
                                                Did John Magill win one?

Comment

just to be clear I gave up poker before it was the cool thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Just wondering if any of you have experienced this.

My HP Pavillion used to overheat and switch itself off if it was left sitting on couch/bed etc but was grand on floor/table. I had it in for repair while it was still in warranty and they said it was a safety feature of the HP that it switches off when it overheats to prevent damage.

Lately it has been switching off after just over an hour and the bottom is so hot its almost untouchable. It will go back on if you leave it to cool. I had a critical error last night after it went back on and it would not connect to internet and asked for the eircom code and even when put in it still didn't connect. I reboot it and it was fine for a while.

My question is, will it be ok with one of those cooler things under it or is it a more serious problem.

Anyone had this and able to give an opinion?

On The spare laptop that Tony uses and need sorted soon as there will be blood spilled if there is only one to use ha!
                                                    Gill can you post the model number of that laptop and I'll check it out? You could have a build of dust/dirt inside that needs to be cleaned and the heatsink/processor re-seated with new thermal compound. Alternatively some laptops have incorrect fan settings shipped with the original BIOS so flashing the BIOS with the latest available version can solve that too.

There are a massive amount of older pavillion laptops that were all shipped with a shite nvidia GPU that is guaranteed to burn out eventually and they are virtually unrepairable and will not even boot when they are on the way out. I know of people who went through 3 different motherboards on them inside warranty. That said if your laptop is under 2 years old you are probably ok.

I'd avoid using the laptop on a blanket as you can block it's ventilation and collect dust from a carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      Anyone ever been to Indonesia? Bali or some such?
                                                      I have but way back in 2001 - Bali was madly overtouristed is spots but absolutely gorgeous in others (some town in the middle of the island up in the hills is very nice, can't remember its name). It's a Hindu island, the only one in Muslim Indonesia, so is a lot more relaxed than the other bits of Indonesia I was in. Jakarta is mental in the way that all big Asian cities are mental.

Actually Bali probably isn't overtouristed anymore what with the bombs and all
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Both my brothers had the same problem with HP Pavillion laptops. Both had never been looked after very well and were overloaded with programs running in the background and little space left ont he hard drive. I spent a few hours cleaning one up, removing all unnecessary programs from startup and clearing all the tempory files that are stored for no reason. After i done this i wouldn't over heat for maybe 2-3hrs compared to the 1/2hr before the clean up. Im not saying this is your problem but if you can reduce the load on your cpu etc then it will lessen the problem.

He also bought a cushion thing with a flat surface on it that helped with the air circulation and put some cooler pads under it when he was on it for a long time. It sorted the problem but was only really a work around. When he brounght it to the shop they said that it needed a new fan but it wasnt worth replacing it as getting an new laptop would make more sence.

Comment

Ubud is the name of that town, lots of this kind of scenery going on

doh, I see someone else gave a much more detailed and useful answer on the last page

gl with it anyway hotspur

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                            Gill can you post the model number of that laptop and I'll check it out? You could have a build of dust/dirt inside that needs to be cleaned and the heatsink/processor re-seated with new thermal compound. Alternatively some laptops have incorrect fan settings shipped with the original BIOS so flashing the BIOS with the latest available version can solve that too.

There are a massive amount of older pavillion laptops that were all shipped with a shite nvidia GPU that is guaranteed to burn out eventually and they are virtually unrepairable and will not even boot when they are on the way out. I know of people who went through 3 different motherboards on them inside warranty. That said if your laptop is under 2 years old you are probably ok.

I'd avoid using the laptop on a blanket as you can block it's ventilation and collect dust from a carpet.
                                                            Hi there. It is the DV9700 I have. I don't put it on carpet or blanket anymore, that was in the first few months of having it. I have it on a cooling mat (not the fan kind) if it was in the bed which is never these days with the baby!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

MrsTony:

Definitely stop using it on cushions or blankets. If you turn it upside down you can see the intake vents. These are blocked when you don't put it on a flat surface. Also make sure that the fans there are spinning. If they're not, they need to be replaced.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone played on Real deal poker yet? Whats it like?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                  Both my brothers had the same problem with HP Pavillion laptops. Both had never been looked after very well and were overloaded with programs running in the background and little space left ont he hard drive. I spent a few hours cleaning one up, removing all unnecessary programs from startup and clearing all the tempory files that are stored for no reason. After i done this i wouldn't over heat for maybe 2-3hrs compared to the 1/2hr before the clean up. Im not saying this is your problem but if you can reduce the load on your cpu etc then it will lessen the problem.

He also bought a cushion thing with a flat surface on it that helped with the air circulation and put some cooler pads under it when he was on it for a long time. It sorted the problem but was only really a work around. When he brounght it to the shop they said that it needed a new fan but it wasnt worth replacing it as getting an new laptop would make more sence.
                                                                  It was 1300 2 years ago, surely it is cheaper to fix? how old was his?

I will clean it up, but don't think there is too much crap running on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                    MrsTony:

Definitely stop using it on cushions or blankets. If you turn it upside down you can see the intake vents. These are blocked when you don't put it on a flat surface. Also make sure that the fans there are spinning. If they're not, they need to be replaced.
                                                                    I haven't done that in 18 months. Will check fans cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                      It was 1300 2 years ago, surely it is cheaper to fix? how old was his?

I will clean it up, but don't think there is too much crap running on it.
                                                                      His was 1300 5 or 6 years ago. I didnt realise the laptop was that new. It might just be a case of cleaning it out, even if the fans looks like they are ok there could still be some dust and dirt affecting them. There are other good progems out there that can monitor your fan speed, cpu temp and gpu temp. Think they are called CPU wiz and GPU wiz. It might help you localise the problem and check the the fan is workin at the right speed.

Comment

Tilting.

Why is it impossible to find a nice desk that doesn't require a shit load of assembly and will fall apart should you ever try to move it to a different location.

Why can't they just build them in 3 parts, a top that just sits on top of two solid sides pieces containing drawers/file drawers, etc.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                          Tilting.

Why is it impossible to find a nice desk that doesn't require a shit load of assembly and will fall apart should you ever try to move it to a different location.

Why can't they just build them in 3 parts, a top that just sits on top of two solid sides pieces containing drawers/file drawers, etc.
                                                                          desks are so 20th century

don't you sit like this yet?

Comment

That Raoul fella has an answer for everything
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                              Anyone played on Real deal poker yet? Whats it like?
                                                                              No, but the 2+2 thread on it is one of the funniest reads you'll find.

Originally Posted by Josem 2013 bump So remember this 'Real Deal Poker' site? When I registered for this site, I created a unique email address for my

Comment

Just pre-ordered the new UFC game for the ps3, exams finish the 26th, this game is supposed to be out the 27th. Perfect timing, now to buy a ps3.... def think this should wait till the 27th
                                                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

never fear, fellow royalists

the Queen is not dead

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kBz7D3rHo[/ame]
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Any thoughts on Eamon Ryans plan to make 6N and HC both free-to-air events for the Irish teams games?
                                                                                      I'm a fan of fta for sports, but the IRFU seem to think its the end of the world, and look as if they are willing to sacrifice Connacht to prove their point.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Ubud is the name of that town, lots of this kind of scenery going on

doh, I see someone else gave a much more detailed and useful answer on the last page

gl with it anyway hotspur
                                                                                        I've been reminded of something; do not find yourself arriving in Bali in Mid-April, specifically at Nyepi

I remember flying in to Kuta late on night and taxi-ing straight to our hotel. It was after midnight when we arrived so we just went straight to bed and promised ourselves a nice big breakfast the following morning. We rolled out of bed at about 9am, got dressed\showered etc and wandered downstairs to the reception. We got there and found the front door barred and locked.

We banged on the receptionist's desk for a while (no sign of anyone) and eventually this dude appears (no English spoken) and sign-languages to us that we cannot go outside. Having already been through one military coup (in Fiji) on our travels, we surmised that there must be some sort of trouble brewing but then your man starts making ghost noises and funny faces to warn us about what might be outside. We sign-language back to him looking for some grub and he emphatically signs 'no'

Being completely confuzzled by what's going on, we wander back to our room and I start looking through the Lonley Planet to see if Bali is inhabited by total lunatics. I happen to find out about Nyepi and we realise that we are going to be stuck in our room until the next morning - with no food.

That was a long 36 hours

The party afterwards is cool though

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Any thoughts on Eamon Ryans plan to make 6N and HC both free-to-air events for the Irish teams games?
                                                                                          I'm a fan of fta for sports, but the IRFU seem to think its the end of the world, and look as if they are willing to sacrifice Connacht to prove their point.
                                                                                          12 million would be a huge loss to the sport, if ER wanted to make it FTA, surely he needs to compensate the loss incurred. Thats the wages of a lot of pro players he'd be wiping out with a signature, they'll all head abroad and we'll be left where we were many many years ago.
                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                            Just pre-ordered the new UFC game for the ps3, exams finish the 26th, this game is supposed to be out the 27th. Perfect timing, now to buy a ps3.... def think this should wait till the 27th
                                                                                            played the demo online, the production is great but i found the fighting system very complicated and slow.
                                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I really dislike it, he's also talking about making the Magner's League FTA if I remember correctly?

He's taking 3 revenue streams from the IRFU away from them, just as they're starting to be worth serious €€€ to them.

He reported some silly figure of 115,000 people in Ireland only being able to watch the H Cup final that Leinster played in, as this was the number of subscribers to Sky Sports at the time. BS. I've never subscribed to Sky Sports, had a dodgey box for 18months with all the channels, and when that went, I had my good friend Justin, he owns a TV site. People who weren't so computer savvy went to the pub, and watched it there, justifying the pubs expense on Sky Sports by bringing in business.

Good Friday game Leinster vs Munster is a prime example of this, pubs were not allowed serve alcohol, yet I wasn't able to get parking in either The Goat or The Dropping Well, as there were people packed out the doors to see the games.

He really hasn't thought through the implications of what he is doing, this isn't like the Irish Soccer Internationals being made available to all, he's talking about a sport that is only 15years professional, and has seen a huge increase in interest in the last 4/5 years due to Irish teams over performing at top levels.

I think its a crazy call, he will be denying the IRFU much needed money, and is severely devaluing the competitions' broadcasting rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                I've been reminded of something; do not find yourself arriving in Bali in Mid-April, specifically at Nyepi
                                                                                                Not the greatest introduction I imagine. Although in essence Nyepi sounds kind of cool - a day of self introspection to decide on values, e.g. humanity, love, patience, kindness - I just wouldn't be a fan of the not eating. People need to eat, not eating doesn't do much for introspecting about kindness and love, unless it's love for a big juicy steak.

I was talking to a friend last week about her round the world trip years ago and she was going on about how unbelievable Fiji was. Probably not as great when there's a coup going on. Bloodless coup...all smotherings!

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Eamonn Ryan can fuck right off imo.

FTA sports are an absolute joke. Any sports fan who doesn't like Sky is mildly retarded imo. Yeah you have to pay for it, but for your outlay, you get a product that is lightyears ahead of any other channel.

Comment

...

Comment

Had a beautiful steak last night at Chateau moi, fresh from the local Newcastle Butchers. Unfortunately I couldn't drink red wine with it due to a slight stomach complaint. It was my 1st bit of red meat in 3 weeks and I'm afriad I let the side down by devouring it like a starved wolf. The other half were barely cutting into her first piece when I looked over longingly at her remaining piece . She retreated rapidly to get a sharper knife. Not for the steak but to fend me off
                                                                                                        She has texted me this morning that she is looking on the interweb for wolfbane. Feking hell a couple of weeks off the meat and I'm driven demented by the 1st bit fo steak. How do you Veggies manage?

Comment

Another thing with the matches being made FTA, is that we will see much less rugby.

There's no way that RTE are going to show 4 provinces games a weekend in the Magner's League, followed by every group match in each of the groups that have Irish interest in the H Cup,

He's going to deny people coverage by "opening up" coverage.

Comment

Not the greatest introduction I imagine. Although in essence Nyepi sounds kind of cool - a day of self introspection to decide on values, e.g. humanity, love, patience, kindness - I just wouldn't be a fan of the not eating. People need to eat, not eating doesn't do much for introspecting about kindness and love, unless it's love for a big juicy steak.
                                                                                                            you're allowed to eat, there was just no food - we were the only guests in the hotel and they had locked up the kitchen. We found a jar of manky boiled sweets at reception. Cue jbravado-esque heights of emotion.

I was talking to a friend last week about her round the world trip years ago and she was going on about how unbelievable Fiji was. Probably not as great when there's a coup going on. Bloodless coup...all smotherings!
                                                                                                            I didn't think Fiji was that great although my memories are clouded by the coup. The natives aren't that friendly. I thought the Cook Islands were much nicer.

It wasn't all that bloodless either. On the morning of the coup, a mob ran riot through Suva, looting and burning Indian shops. Quite a few Indians who tried to get in the way got badly beaten. Most unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                              I explained to the doctor, "Whenever I harvest our cornfields, I get a really bad headache."

"It's a migraine," he explained.

"No, it's not, it's mine - and why the fck have you started speaking Italian?"
                                                                                                              That is so bad I am going to remove any thanks you get for it in a KevIRL style abuse of powers. At least while I remember to keep checking I will anyhow.

Comment

...

Comment

Casual sports fans have plenty of highlight programmes on FTA tv, they also have the option of the pub, where there's always the important games on show.

Us technical people have veetle, justin.tv and myp2p.eu for when we're not in the mood to get off the couch.

Comment

I like sports but don't have Sky

I am mildly retarded obv.

Comment

€40m deal done. David Villa to Barca. Still subject to a medical though.

The latest news from FC Barcelona — schedule, tickets, injury updates, player info, video, match stats and highlights, standings, official shop & more

Comment

Cant remember who posted this the other day but seems because of this video that the kid has now gotten himself a record deal with Interscope Records.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDlC7YV5is[/ame]
                                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

fedupaments

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X