X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Is the passport office still a warzone?

If I go there in the morning with all the forms filled whats the best I can hope for?
    Don't know about the office, I submitted mine via passport express:

Application No. 1*********. Received on 26/04/2010 and has been registered.
    ...stage 1 of 6.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What do people think of Eircoms 'Next Generation Broadband' coming soon?. Seems good to me for people on standard 3mb packages etc, any bad points?. You just need to make sure you dont overshoot your quota but theres a useage meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
        Funny stuff

I was at home the other day and the doorbell rings, normally I ignore it to be honest because nobody I know expects me to be there during the day but this time I decided I'd answer it.

There's a guy there, probably mid to late 30's, with a clipboard. "How are you doing, just checking to see if you're an eircom customer?" he says, I reply in the affirmative and he asks me if I've heard of this new fantastic technology called WiMax. Apparently it's coming to my area soon and it's really exciting.

I start to feel a little like a cat with a mouse and decide I'll put him out of his misery by telling him that I work in telecoms with a competitor and so wouldn't be interested in switching to Imagine.

His response....

"So you probably know all about WiMax then? Is it any good, I'm just going around selling it, I've no idea what it is or how it compares. What do you think of it?"

Somehow, I don't think eircom et al need to be quaking in their boots
        There's a chap from imagine trying to get us to sign up as an affiliate for them as wimax is rolling out "soon" in Mullingar. He obviously wants our commission and easy sales as we are based on the main street and have a reasonable turnover in terms of computer repairs, sales and peripherals. I can't see anything amazing with it tbh.

At the end of the day it's only urban areas atm where it is available and there are other ISPs with better products for a similar price directly competing with them. I reckon it will be a while before it becomes any good.

Comment

If it works half well as as it is touted to in rural areas then I expect Eircon will lose most of their fixed line business within a couple of years.
          It doesn't work as well as it is touted to. Reliability is an issue with any wireless communications. In any area where mobile phone signal can be patchy, a landline will still be a requirement.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A Spartacus Blood and Sand prequel is underway, while the main actor is getting treatment for his illness they have decided to fill the gap with the story of the rise of the house of Batiatus.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I really don't think so tbh. WiMax conceptually is a good idea but it has a number of inherent flaws that make it a distant 4th in terms of technology even now. Even if you're working off the assumption that eircom won't have fibre enabled any areas in that couple of years there is still insufficent knowledge and quality for WiMax over DSL.

This also discounts the fact that Cable is becoming increasingly available and beats both hands down for speed and reliability, not to mention including an entertainment option which is key to winning over the consumer market. Now if you were to argue that cable will lead to eircom losing most of their fixed line business over the next few years you wouldn't get much argument from me.

As I see it the market will evolve something like below over the next 2-3 years

Consumer: Cable > DSL/Fibre > Mobile > WiMax
              Business: DSL/Fibre > Cable > Mobile >WiMax

Bear in mind that Mobile is only 3rd in terms of likely behaviours, i.e. mobile broadband acting as a complimentary service as opposed to substitional. This is particularly true in business where the key consideration is still reliable Voice services rather than internet driven decision making. Again this will change over time, but I fully expect that DSL provider will have started to launch much wider spread fibre connections within the next 3 years or so.
              Agree with this really, WiMax will find it very tough to break into the market where most people already have good connections in towns.

I am sitting about 20m underneath a Vodafone antannae and this is the quality you get when you are close, further you go away the worse it gets!!

My UPC connection at home is very good, usually get 3.5MB/s from rapishare which is basically maxing out the 30Mb connection. Who are you working for in telecoms Iago?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                What do people think of Eircoms 'Next Generation Broadband' coming soon?. Seems good to me for people on standard 3mb packages etc, any bad points?. You just need to make sure you dont overshoot your quota but theres a useage meter.
                Overall it's a good thing as it'll increase the speeds on most connections and remove the congestion/contention issues that have been experienced to date on the lower end services. It's not really "Next Gen Broadband" though, that's just a marketing term to make it sound more exciting and what have you.

The usage meter is a good idea, and they have an "unlimited" package available for an extra €10 a month, although I think "unlimited" means FUP with something like a 250Gb max.

If you're already on one of their packages then it's all good news as you could double or triple your speed, but if you're a consistent heavy downloader you're probably better off moving up the chain to the unlimited offer as 10Gb or even 30Gb isn't really a great deal once you get going.
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                  My UPC connection at home is very good, usually get 3.5MB/s from rapishare which is basically maxing out the 30Mb connection. Who are you working for in telecoms Iago?
                  I'm a bit of a telecoms slut I've worked for eircom, BT & Vodafone at various stages over the last 10 years or so. Just can't resist the gardening leave every couple of years

Comment

Feeling a bit old today due to some crazy recent events so I decided to hark back to the summer between school and college when I was 18, sitting in peoples' free gafs all summer, living easy, when MTV used to play music. (apologies for the long post!)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl2LTD_tu50[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styYbRWQYP8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh1mMjsPGjo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISJkJi2KAM&feature=fvst[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyvvCuIHrJw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qapDnDDHNfs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REfDCPhPQQ4[/ame]

Comment

Will anyone lay me a price about Tom Huddlestone starting for England against the USA, and also a price for him to score in the tournament, or start any of England's three group games?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        A Spartacus Blood and Sand prequel is underway, while the main actor is getting treatment for his illness they have decided to fill the gap with the story of the rise of the house of Batiatus.
                        Maybe they just realised that the real star of the show was John Hannah's sneer and that a prequel would be n times better than whatever they come upo with as a sequel.

Really weird show I saw the first episode on a low res version and it just seemed so weird that I couldn't figure out what to make of it, I hated the next few but herself loved it. By ep 7 or 8 we were completely hooked.

For whoever is looking for TV shows, Deadwood is better than almost everything else on your list. Right up there with the Wire and the Sopranos.
                        And if you are looking for Comedies Larry Sanders and Modern Family.

That WiMax doesn't sound great ... the future isn't looking all that good for me living in the middle of the bog. Sigh!

Need to have a new Passport by this day week at the absolute outside. Pity the fool that tries to stop me.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Need to have a new Passport by this day week at the absolute outside. Pity the fool that tries to stop me.
                          just get onto your local TD, shure isn't that their job?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Maybe they just realised that the real star of the show was John Hannah's sneer and that a prequel would be n times better than whatever they come upo with as a sequel.

Really weird show I saw the first episode on a low res version and it just seemed so weird that I couldn't figure out what to make of it, I hated the next few but herself loved it. By ep 7 or 8 we were completely hooked.

For whoever is looking for TV shows, Deadwood is better than almost everything else on your list. Right up there with the Wire and the Sopranos.
                            And if you are looking for Comedies Larry Sanders and Modern Family.

That WiMax doesn't sound great ... the future isn't looking all that good for me living in the middle of the bog. Sigh!

grumpy ol man.

How can this chick not cop on.?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTrbT7nZVU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTrbT7nZVU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              just get onto your local TD, shure isn't that their job?
                              Thought that was more in the line of party functionaries like P_L and Kayroo.

I'll get it OK

Comment

Re: Wiimax, it was done without my approval, but surely it will be better then my current IBB setup which is atrocious.
                                Once I can play ps3 online and download via rapidshare in a reasonable amount of time i'll be happy.
                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

went fishing caught me a fish, then lost it. For x5 the avg stack, mudafuckaaaaaaaaaaaa

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 8.8 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t34687)
                                  MP3 (t12300)
                                  CO (t12551)
                                  Button (t6300)
                                  SB (t5705)
                                  BB (t9321)
                                  Hero (UTG) (t30750)
                                  UTG+1 (t9991)
                                  MP1 (t6265)

Hero's M: 37.96

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, 10
                                  Hero bets t600, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t1500, 5 folds, Hero calls t900

Flop: (t3810) 9, Q, K (2 players)
                                  Hero bets t3300, MP2 raises to t8100, Hero raises to t29210 (All-In), MP2 calls t21110

Turn: (t62230) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t62230) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t62230

he had 99...

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                    Yup, finished 12th after a spewy shove. Started on table 3 seat 6(was wearing a navy peak cap, glasses n a grey hoody). The standard of play was lol bad and there was some Polish lad that was staring at me like he was going to kill me. He ended up tilting off his chips to me and I thought my life could have been in danger. How'd you get on?
                                    Yea i had a feelin that was you at the start of the nite, i was the guy that 2 to your right at start of nite (blue top) - then moved and finally got my KJ v 99 v 33 - obv 33 hits the house.... mbn to raise with rubbish and flop quads

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                      No love for House? I just started Series 4 and it's fantastic.
                                      House is formulaic and repetitive
                                      And I fucking love it
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                        Oh to have this at home

my hole
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                          There's a formula for an episode alright, but there's an ongoing story arc and enough entertaining things going on to make it well worth watching. I'll probably stop at season 4 as I'm told it goes downhill from there.
                                          not a chance, season 5 is the best one.
                                          Season 6 is pretty good too

Comment

10 minutes to go in the last game of the season. It's 1-1 and you need to win to avoid relegation, step forward and take a bow son....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZKoyC7TBo[/ame]

Comment

Question for anyone who might know.

I met a government minister at my Market on Sunday, Paul Gogarty came up too but the minister came in a personal capacity, and we had an informal chat.

He gave me his card and told me to contact him and keep him up to date.

I want to send him an email now, but I'm not sure of the correct protocol with regards to addressing him.

I just used his first name when talking to him on Sunday, but the shopping centre manager was addressing him as Minister.

Do I just say 'Hi Xxx', or 'Dear Minister' or what?

I don't want to be too formal in the mail, I'd rather use his first name, but not sure if this is bad etiquette.

Anyone any idea?
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Overall it's a good thing as it'll increase the speeds on most connections and remove the congestion/contention issues that have been experienced to date on the lower end services. It's not really "Next Gen Broadband" though, that's just a marketing term to make it sound more exciting and what have you.

The usage meter is a good idea, and they have an "unlimited" package available for an extra €10 a month, although I think "unlimited" means FUP with something like a 250Gb max.

If you're already on one of their packages then it's all good news as you could double or triple your speed, but if you're a consistent heavy downloader you're probably better off moving up the chain to the unlimited offer as 10Gb or even 30Gb isn't really a great deal once you get going.

It's just LLU and backhaul management tbh

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  my hole
                                                  ???? Tis work connection.
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

If you were using first names on Sunday, no need to change it now imo.

Comment

Winners ...

Attached Files

Comment

I know House is formulaic but it's a funny thing to accuse it of given how this week's episode is one of the rare exceptions to the formula.
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

some pretty terrible tv suggestions being thrown around atm imo!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                            some pretty terrible tv suggestions being thrown around atm imo!
                                                            Jersey shore is suppose to be good

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                              There's a chap from imagine trying to get us to sign up as an affiliate for them as wimax is rolling out "soon" in Mullingar. He obviously wants our commission and easy sales as we are based on the main street and have a reasonable turnover in terms of computer repairs, sales and peripherals. I can't see anything amazing with it tbh.

At the end of the day it's only urban areas atm where it is available and there are other ISPs with better products for a similar price directly competing with them. I reckon it will be a while before it becomes any good.
                                                              How did your date go? No point telling us about the leadup wothout giving a summary of the event.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I met a government minister at my Market on Sunday, Paul Gogarty came up too but the minister came in a personal capacity, and we had an informal chat.

I want to send him an email now, but I'm not sure of the correct protocol with regards to addressing him.

I just used his first name when talking to him on Sunday, but the shopping centre manager was addressing him as Minister.

I don't want to be too formal in the mail, I'd rather use his first name, but not sure if this is bad etiquette.

Anyone any idea?
                                                              First name all the way.

Was he looking for protection money or something:

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                It's just LLU and backhaul management tbh
                                                                Not so much LLU really, but essentially yes. As I said if you're already a DSL customer on either the 1Mb or 3Mb product then you're likely to see significant increases in speed and less contention in the evenings so it's all good news.

If you're not already on DSL this wouldn't justify switching to it on it's own by means. UPC all the way if you can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post

pfft - i laugh at you.
                                                                  Right, this is the definitive test. Clearly boyles >>>>> powers...

Comment

Anyone any idea?
                                                                    Darling facist bullyboy give me some more money you bastard, may the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of yer womaaan. Anf If you don't believe me

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANquX0YHFhw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANquX0YHFhw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                      ???? Tis work connection.
                                                                      you said at home, exchange cant handle that afaik

Comment

Comment

Gotta second Eagle Eye's suggestion of Sons of Anarchy, wonderful show if you like Sopranos type stuff with a bit of the old ultra violence.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            How did your date go? No point telling us about the leadup wothout giving a summary of the event.
                                                                            Pretty good actually, went for an Italian and a couple of beers afterwards with a few tunes thrown in. My mates' and work colleague's band were playing too. Had the privilege of the venerable "Count Tornado" doing an impromptu cameo, including his cape. First time to bump into him too. I've had a friend from Dublin telling me about him for the last few years. For anyone that doesn't know him. He's this guy: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fKb0T3ld8[/ame]

This is his facebook page also http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...9537706&ref=ts He was absolutely hilarious I have to say and had the pub eating out of his hand.

Walked her home and I was happy enough to keep on going after that as I lived 5 mins up the road. She was having none of it and insisted I get a taxi and wait inside. All well and good until I got ambushed by her mother and granny inside . Only in Ireland. Meeting up with her later this week so we'll see how things go after that.

Comment

Anyone any idea?
                                                                              Will ya tel him I'l be down tomorrow for my passport

Comment

All well and good until I got ambushed by her mother and granny inside
                                                                                pretty ill threesome imo

Comment

anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi from say malahide to Glasnevin would be and also is the westbury near the dart station out there - thanks?

Comment

not enough love for The L word in the BBV. Am I the only person who watches it?

Comment

lol at some snobby bint on Joe Duffy right now.

Giving out stink that Aldi got planning permission for a store in 'Portmornock'

'It's toshally inappropriate Joe'

I fucking hate people like her, ugghhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                        anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi from say malahide to Glasnevin would be and also is the westbury near the dart station out there - thanks?
                                                                                        Handy site:

How much is a taxi from Malahide Village to Glasnevin? Calculate the price of any taxi trip with our taxi fare calculator in Dublin.

Comment

lol at some snobby bint on Joe Duffy right now.

Giving out stink that Aldi got planning permission for a store in 'Portmornock'

'It's toshally inappropriate Joe'

I fucking hate people like her, ugghhhh
                                                                                          Portmanock

it's hardly Gstaad or Monaco

Comment

10 min walk from the Dart and prob about 15 for the jo maxi

although you'll be DARTing back so make sure you get a return ticket imo

Comment

Portmanock

it's hardly Gstaad or Monaco
                                                                                              Guy on now laying into her. Saying everything I want to say to the bitch

Comment

Do they still call it the joe duffy show? Who replace him actually? They should get the apres match lads in, it'll be like he never died.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                  Do they still call it the joe duffy show? Who replace him actually? They should get the apres match lads in, it'll be like he never died.

Is that you Doughal?

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                    Any decent recomendations for a new tv show?
                                                                                                    I already watch/have watched
                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                    Turn off that television
                                                                                                    Go outside and have a vision
                                                                                                    Of how life used to be
                                                                                                    Before Sky and the TV3...3...3...3

Turn off that television
                                                                                                    Stay inside and show less indecision
                                                                                                    Live a life with some precision

Can't find a new TV show
                                                                                                    Listen to the radio
                                                                                                    Watch live BBC TV channels, enjoy TV programmes you missed and view exclusive content on BBC iPlayer.

Young wans inspired shit poetry, because your worth it

Comment

You been having those "let loose in RTE with a gun" dreams again?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                          You been having those "let loose in RTE with a gun" dreams again?
                                                                                                          I have them every time I see Ryan Tubridy

Comment

those 2 lads remind me of someone 5 star

Comment

Originally posted by raoul duke iii View Post
                                                                                                              damo72 ?

Comment

I was delighted to spot the new John Connolly in the book shop today,think I'll save it for my holidays.

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Naw, Kev ears don't stick out that much. although I see where you are coming from.
                                                                                                                  They look like two lads who went mad outside the Listowel Arms hotel a few years ago, they weren't allowed in due to being deformed monsters, in fairness to them the bouncer was being very harsh as there were many many worse looking yokes inside. Everyone sleeps with one eye open in that Hotel at the weekend.

Comment

Joe still does it.

Comment

Joe still does it.
                                                                                                                      No,Joe died a few weeks ago.It was in all the papers.
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I bought some biscuits yesterday, on the packet it said "Store in a cool place."

So I mailed them to Samuel L Jackson's house.

I also got some bread which said to store in a dry place so i mailed it to madonna's vagina
                                                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Funny stuff

I was at home the other day and the doorbell rings, normally I ignore it to be honest because nobody I know expects me to be there during the day but this time I decided I'd answer it.

There's a guy there, probably mid to late 30's, with a clipboard. "How are you doing, just checking to see if you're an eircom customer?" he says, I reply in the affirmative and he asks me if I've heard of this new fantastic technology called WiMax. Apparently it's coming to my area soon and it's really exciting.

I start to feel a little like a cat with a mouse and decide I'll put him out of his misery by telling him that I work in telecoms with a competitor and so wouldn't be interested in switching to Imagine.

His response....

"So you probably know all about WiMax then? Is it any good, I'm just going around selling it, I've no idea what it is or how it compares. What do you think of it?"

Somehow, I don't think eircom et al need to be quaking in their boots
                                                                                                                          I feel sorry for the guy - I did that door to door selling for awhile. He was probably just happy to have someone talk to him for awhile rather than have the door slammed in his face.

Pretty good actually, went for an Italian and a couple of beers afterwards with a few tunes thrown in. My mates' and work colleague's band were playing too. Had the privilege of the venerable "Count Tornado" doing an impromptu cameo, including his cape. First time to bump into him too. I've had a friend from Dublin telling me about him for the last few years. For anyone that doesn't know him. He's this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fKb0T3ld8

This is his facebook page also http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...9537706&ref=ts He was absolutely hilarious I have to say and had the pub eating out of his hand.

Walked her home and I was happy enough to keep on going after that as I lived 5 mins up the road. She was having none of it and insisted I get a taxi and wait inside. All well and good until I got ambushed by her mother and granny inside . Only in Ireland. Meeting up with her later this week so we'll see how things go after that.
                                                                                                                          you didnt get your hole then?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X