This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
    threw up a post, haven't heard anything yet though. Thanks for the link!
    where did you put up the post?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
      anybody here play mafia wars on facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
        where did you put up the post?

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
        Free Coaching?

http://www.leggopoker.com/forums/mic...ted-11166.html.

PSA: I am a mod on Leggo but I have NO input whatsoever to do with the coaching forum.

@mods - I am only posting this as a heads up to the small stake players in here in a non-pimping capacity. If you guys aren't happy with it then feel free to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          agreed, but be fair, he's trying to plug the hole that poker left...

Comment

i thought due south sucked once they replaced the detective guy no? could be wrong, was a long time ago.

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
            anybody here play mafia wars on facebook?
            jayus stick to the poker!

Comment

it could be worse - i.e. farmville

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                I'm a bit of a telecoms slut I've worked for eircom, BT & Vodafone at various stages over the last 10 years or so. Just can't resist the gardening leave every couple of years
                You may know my brother in law he worked in the same area from two of the above

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJG9Tol1a0U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJG9Tol1a0U[/ame]

Comment

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t3190)
                    Hero (BB) (t1155)
                    UTG (t1595)
                    UTG+1 (t1675)
                    MP1 (t3095)
                    MP2 (t3500)
                    CO (t2690)
                    Button (t985)

Hero's M: 25.67

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4
                    Hero calls t30, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t30, 1 fold, MP2 calls t30, 2 folds, SB checks

Flop: (t120) 4, 4, 6 (4 players)
                    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets t120, 1 fold, Hero calls t120, 1 fold

Turn: (t360) 10 (2 players)
                    Hero checks, MP2 bets t360, Hero calls t360

River: (t1080) 7 (2 players)
                    Hero bets t645 (All-In), MP2 calls t645

Total pot: t2370

Results:
                    Hero had 4, 4 (four of a kind, fours).
                    MP2 had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and fours).
                    Outcome: Hero won t2370

Always nice to get paid off here.
                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The listings with the uni accom are pretty expensive though, and only cover 51week leases, wouldn't think that I will be trying to stay there next summer tbh.

The fact that there's two of us heading over doing the same course means we should* be able to get a decent place, close enough to the uni. (*hope)

Comment

Comment

Google goggles for taking pics of wimmins which searchs social network sites and gives you a slutiness rating would make it the most useful invention since the the wheel (mouse wheel obv).

Comment

Comment

turbo doublestack

kinda defeats the idea imo

why not play normal speed normal stack

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

The mafia thread is painful to read

Comment

Oh dear civilians

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Oh dear civilians
                                      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

im glad I died first because it means people will fail to associate me with that joke that is the civilain population

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Oh dear civilians
                                          ????

Comment

On my way down to sligo to look at a house in Enniscrone, i am just sick of living in Dublin to be honest and feel a need for change, Have anyboby been to Enniscrone before or the surrounding area? If so any opionions/advice about the area would be very helpful

Regards,

Darren
                                            Last edited by Hornswaggl; 18-05-10, 21:26.

Comment

Comment

turbo doublestack

kinda defeats the idea imo

why not play normal speed normal stack
                                                Gimmeabreak has often explained that starting stack size is just one element in determining the depth of a tournament.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

been playing the early double A and B on fulltilt quiet a bit lately

seem to run well in one and bad in the other don't ever seem to run well in both.

obviously rigged imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    Seems fairly obv who one of the bad guys is. Won't say anything though.
                                                    I think so too but even if it isn't its still being played lolbad by the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                      On my way down to sligo to look at a house in Enniscrone, i am just sick of living in Dublin to be honest and feel a need for change, Have anyboby been to Enniscrone before or the surrounding area? If so any opionions/advice about the area would be very helpful

Regards,

Darren
                                                      Lovely place, you can invite me for a game on their v scenic golf course. then up to murvagh Stayed there for a weekend, bit of a resort so very sleepy off season.

Comment

Comment

I feel old!

A girl who was in the year below me in school became a Granny yesterday! She is 37 in November.

Thank god I had my first at 28 as I could not face being a Gran at this age.

Comment

Leaving Las Vegas is heavy going but jeez,that Elisabeth Shue is hot.
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              A girl who was in the year below me in school became a Granny yesterday! She is 37 in November.

Thank god I had my first at 28 as I could not face being a Gran at this age.

my sister is a granny since birth

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                my sister is a granny since birth
                                                                as long as she's not a tranny.
                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Gimmeabreak has often explained that starting stack size is just one element in determining the depth of a tournament.
                                                                  i agree on full tilt you can gauge how long to the bubble by starting stack and blinds and you won't be too far off

1500 chips 12min blinds=2.5hrs
                                                                  3000 chips 12min blinds=3.5hrs
                                                                  5000 chips 12min blinds=4.5hrs

if they are 10min blinds you could knock roughly half an hour of each of those estamates

but surely the idea of a turbo is smaller blind times 5-6mins and surely the idea of this is to speed up the game by forcing people to play more hands or else get blinded out.

so surely it defeats the whole objective of the structure by having a bigger starting stack thus allowing more time between levels for better hand selection

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                    I put that on my new HTC last week. It is really cool, but I still prefer to use the old fashioned way.
                                                                    Doesn't seem to be on the Android store yet as was looking for it just there. Maybe just a US release so far....
                                                                    It certainly is available over here. Sadly it doesn't work for people though at this moment. If it did, then as hotspur says, it would be

Regards,

Darren
                                                                    There isn't a lot to Enniscrone itself, but there are some lovely beaches there for the few nice days a year, and as Willie says, a top class golf course if you like that. It is also only a couple of miles from Ballina just across the Mayo border if you want somewhere a bit bigger (although still small enough) within easy reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                      as long as she's not a tranny.
                                                                      LOL

Comment

Comment

Maybe it's because i'm on an older version of Android. How are you finding the HTC? Liking Android in general?
                                                                          Ya, I think you might need 2.1 alright for it.

I really like it. Fast, responsive, great screen, good looking phone, interesting add ons. What's not to like? It is a really fast growing platform for apps as well the platform itself developing far faster than apples one.

It'll be interesting to see how much (if at all) apple raise the bar with their new iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                            I think i blinded about half the cars on the Belgard Road. Cheers for the help lads, will get to draining it later when i figure that bit out
                                                                            Any updates on ghostface ste's car troubles? The more I googled on oil overfilling the scarier it got. At the very least his catalytic converter is history.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by couriercollie View Post
                                                                              any updates on ghostface ste's car troubles? The more i googled on oil overfilling the scarier it got. At the very least his catalytic converter is history.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                Any updates on ghostface ste's car troubles? The more I googled on oil overfilling the scarier it got. At the very least his catalytic converter is history.
                                                                                has he even checked in today??

hope he got the mechanic to change the giggling pin like i said

Comment

The listings with the uni accom are pretty expensive though, and only cover 51week leases, wouldn't think that I will be trying to stay there next summer tbh.

The fact that there's two of us heading over doing the same course means we should* be able to get a decent place, close enough to the uni. (*hope)
                                                                                  Edinburgh is a fantastic place to live. I spent almost 7 years there. Summertime is great there especially when the festivals are on. Definitely somewhere you should spend at least one summer if you have the opportunity.

Plenty of great places to live, depends on what Uni you are at. There are a lot of massive flats in the city centre area that you could try and get a couple of rooms in. In my time there I lived in Dalry, Great George St, Leith and Morningside and all have their good points and are pretty close to all the action.
                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                  www.d4events.com

Comment

The more I googled on oil overfilling the scarier it got. At the very least his catalytic converter is history.
                                                                                    This is akin to diagnosing illnesses by typing symptoms into google.

The first step is to take care of the over fill and see if anything stops working over the next few weeks. If it wasn't driven very far it's probably* fine.

*I'm not a mechanic. Consult your professional.
                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Regards,

Darren
                                                                                      It's pretty scenic, but it's going to be pretty boring I'd imagine. Golf course is nice, but Strandhill and Rosses Point would be nicer, similar places, but with a bit more life to them and also closer to civilisation. Unlike 5star I wouldn't count Ballina as civilisation, quite the opposite in fact!

Comment

What the hell is villian doing calling pre with 8,5?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t2235)
                                                                                        UTG (t5455)
                                                                                        UTG+1 (t945)
                                                                                        Hero (MP1) (t2665)
                                                                                        MP2 (t1800)
                                                                                        MP3 (t1600)
                                                                                        CO (t1440)
                                                                                        Button (t3890)
                                                                                        SB (t1020)

Hero's M: 44.42

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K
                                                                                        2 folds, Hero bets t160, 4 folds, SB calls t140, 1 fold

Flop: (t360) K, J, 6 (2 players)
                                                                                        SB checks, Hero bets t240, SB calls t240

Turn: (t840) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                        SB checks, Hero bets t440, SB calls t440

River: (t1720) 9 (2 players)
                                                                                        SB checks, Hero bets t180, SB calls t180 (All-In)

Total pot: t2080

Results:
                                                                                        SB had 8, 5 (flush, Jack high).
                                                                                        Hero had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
                                                                                        Outcome: SB won t2080
                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

It was soooted. Snap call.

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                                                                            Edinburgh is a fantastic place to live. I spent almost 7 years there. Summertime is great there especially when the festivals are on. Definitely somewhere you should spend at least one summer if you have the opportunity.

Plenty of great places to live, depends on what Uni you are at. There are a lot of massive flats in the city centre area that you could try and get a couple of rooms in. In my time there I lived in Dalry, Great George St, Leith and Morningside and all have their good points and are pretty close to all the action.
                                                                                            Cheers shortstack, this is what I'll be studying MSc Financial Mathematics, its a joint program
                                                                                            "The programme is run jointly by the two universities and you should expect to spend two days (per teaching week) at the King’s Buildings campus (University of Edinburgh) and three days at the Riccarton campus (Heriot-Watt University). ".

So I guess I'll be trying to live somewhere central between these two. I don't know Edinburgh too well, have only been there for a few days before, so wouldn't know ideal places to set up shop. What areas would be central to these two campuses? The University of Edinburgh website mentions Leith and Morningside a lot, recommended areas?

Thanks

Comment

.

Would def burn oil if overfilled and cause alot of problems like the cat going. If it runs on oil the engine could keep reving itself out and the engine could blow happens on vans alot, only way to stop it reving out is to use the gearbox and jam it into gear. He needs to get the oil taken out asap. 5 litres of oil is crazy for any car, even with zero oil in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                It's pretty scenic, but it's going to be pretty boring I'd imagine. Golf course is nice, but Strandhill and Rosses Point would be nicer, similar places, but with a bit more life to them and also closer to civilisation. Unlike 5star I wouldn't count Ballina as civilisation, quite the opposite in fact!
                                                                                                lol, I agree that there isn't much to do in Ballina at all, but there are things like Tesco that wouldn't be found in civilisation. I agree that Rosses Point and Strandhill would be better places to live though, with a personal preference for Rosses Point if I had to choose, which thankfully I don't. Sligo can stay where it is for now thank you very much.

Comment

has he even checked in today??

hope he got the mechanic to change the giggling pin like i said
                                                                                                  Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                  This is akin to diagnosing illnesses by typing symptoms into google.

The first step is to take care of the over fill and see if anything stops working over the next few weeks. If it wasn't driven very far it's probably* fine.

*I'm not a mechanic. Consult your professional.
                                                                                                  Well called the AA to see what they thought, they sent out a chap. He said that since i didn't drive it too far it should be fine. He couldn't drain it for me he said as he had no way of getting ris of the ecess oil so meh... gonna give it a shot myself to drain it but will prob have to wait til weekend to do so. luckily my Mam broke her ankle 2 weeks ago so i am using her car at the moment, every cloud and all that

Best part was when he looked at me strangely and asked why i put so much oil in - 'no idea'

Will keep ye updated with the progress or can take suggestions on a new car to buy!!
                                                                                                  Last edited by ghostface; 18-05-10, 23:32.

Comment

For all you bbv lurkers only, if you could vote (honestly) in this thread I would appreciate it.

It could potentially save me some work in doing things on the site, which is always a good thing.

Comment

Well called the AA to see what they thoguht, they sent out a chap. He said that since i didn't drive it too far it should be fine. He couldn't drain it for me he said as he had no way of getting ris of the ecess oil so meh... gonna give it a shot myself to drain it but will prob have to wait til weekend to do so. luckily my Mam broke her ankle 2 weeks ago so i am using her car at the moment, every cluod and all that

Best part was when he looked at me strangely and asked why i put so much oil in - 'no idea'

Will keep ye updated with the progress or can take suggestions on a new car to buy!!
                                                                                                      You could learn how to service a car n 5 minutes and never have to spend 200 quid each year. I'll drain the oil and refill it for you if you want. I am a grease monkey after all free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
                                                                                                        You could learn how to service a car n 5 minutes and never have to spend 200 quid each year. I'll drain the oil and refill it for you if you want. I am a grease monkey after all free of charge.
                                                                                                        Be sound if you could Carl, you'd be getting paid tho. On top of all the lost prop bets/last longest... I forgot you were a greaser

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone ever been to Indonesia? Bali or some such? Plus Komodo is there
                                                                                                          I've travelled through Java and Bali. I think I read earlier that you're going with the other half and kids? If so I would say Bali is a far better bet. Java can be quite difficult to negotiate once you leave the bigger cities. Bar one or two major attractions, it certainly isn't a touristy, chill by the beach sort of place. Having said that, I absolutely loved Java and found it very refreshing after coming directly from the tourist haven that is Thailand. This was as a backpacker with nobody to worry about but myself though! With kids in tow, I'm not so sure how enjoyable it would be.

Bali could be ideal for you depending on what you're after. I spent about a week in Kuta, the main tourist town, which was great but more than enough of this town for me! It attracts a lot of Aussie two week piss up merchants. Combine this with backpacker piss up merchants (I'd include myself in this category for the duration of my stay in this town) and it could get a bit tiresome. However, other parts of this island are a completely different kettle of fish.

After throwing in the towel on Kuta we moved on to a place called Uluwatu, which is a small area about thirty mins away from the madness. This is a bit of a surfers paradise, which if I'm honest is the main reason we were there, but it has so much more to offer.
                                                                                                          Accommodation is very reasonable, and food costs literally next to nothing. If I remember correctly, we were eating really decent local main dishes for as little as 2 euro, with beers coming in at about 1.50 or so. The amount of restaurants etc here is quite low, but if you rented a vehicle, which I'd reccommend, it's only a short trip into Kuta, which offers a far greater variety of restaurants.

As for what to do in Uluwatu bar eat, drink and surf...It has some great beaches for swimming/sunbathing within a short distance, but the main thing I loved about the place is how chilled out and relaxing it was. Lots of days spent just lazing about reading etc.

The Gili islands are something I'd definitely reccommend if you venture to Bali. Trips can be arranged from any tourist office in Kuta. There are three islands, differing both in size and in terms of what's on offer. We spent a few days on the busiest, which has lots of restaurants, diving schools and some pretty decent beaches. Then we moved on to one of the quieter ones, which was incredible. You're talking beaches that are more or less deserted, small home run guest houses, most of which provide simple dishes. Ate a lot of freshly caught fish, of different varieties, all of them delicious! If you're craving some Western food there were a few places here that made stone baked pizzas which were pretty damn good too!

The snorkelling and diving here is amazing. Even snorkelling in waist deep water, you're going to see an unreal amount of tropical fish, turtles etc. My brother did a dive here too and saw reef sharks, which he says were pretty cool, if that's your thing! As far as I know Whale Sharks also inhabit the surrounding waters, would be pretty lucky to spot one though.

Unfortunately didn't get to Komodo, as I only had the one month visa and time was too scarce, but on my next trip I definitely plan to, as I've heard nothing but good things about the place. Just to let you know, if you want a two month visa, you'll need to arrange it in advance. They're quite strict on their visa limits, and overstaying whatever visa you have is a definite no no!

Right, babbled on for ages here. Forgot how much fun I had there In short, I've travelled throughout SE Asia, and Indonesia is by FAR my favourite country in the region. Everything about the place, from the people, to the food, to the weather, is pretty incredible! It's also ridiculously cheap. I really couldn't reccommend the place highly enough. Hope some of this helps, if you have any more specific questions then fire away and I'll do my best to answer them!

Comment

Be sound if you could Carl, you'd be getting paid tho. On top of all the lost prop bets/last longest... I forgot you were a greaser
                                                                                                            Your money is no good. hopefully it's karma and i start running good

Comment

9/15 in the ipoker 35k $50 rb if yall fancy a rail
                                                                                                              SN KrushemYO

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                                                  SN KrushemYO
                                                                                                                  gl

Comment

Just opened an account with PPP, registered the details etc as ya do, noticed my balance

SN KrushemYO
                                                                                                                    At this rate you'll work that debt off i no time

GL
                                                                                                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

Thanks lads for your responce's, i am travelling there tomorrow for a few days, @ willie, the golf course looks great and views/ scenary from it look fantastic and if i buy the house i will joining, you will get an invite for a round The main reason i would be buying is really for the quiet life, i mean im sure i will be able to go for a few pints and my choice of golf course, fishing and im 90% sure they have the internet, so i can still play poker, Anyway if i dont like it i will be keeping my residence in Dublin for rental purposes as by selling it i would lose too much money, so i can always come back and they are basically giving the houses away in a new development 200 yeards from the beach

Comment

Thanks lads for your responce's, i am travelling there tomorrow for a few days, @ willie, the golf course looks great and views/ scenary from it look fantastic and if i buy the house i will joining, you will get an invite for a round The main reason i would be buying is really for the quiet life, i mean im sure i will be able to go for a few pints and my choice of golf course, fishing and im 90% sure they have the internet, so i can still play poker, Anyway if i dont like it i will be keeping my residence in Dublin for rental purposes as by selling it i would lose too much money, so i can always come back and they are basically giving the houses away in a new development 200 yeards from the beach
                                                                                                                        Id pretty much go with what CKid said

the beach is lovely might have an undertow, check before letting kids near the water (either Enniscrone or Mullaghmore, cannot remember which),

+If I remember right, one of the two (again cannot remember which) has a shelf with a big drop about 10-20 yards out which if you dont know about it is scary

anyhu just check before going near the water

the golf course is one of the best in the world according to some awards yoke a few years ago

pub out there is nice, its quiet but you can get occasional wedding etc using the hotel bar (if its still there, been a while)

If they are giving the gaff's away, you want the quiet life and you want out of Dublin, I could thing of worse places (like sligo town)

worse comes to worse you could probably keep it as a summer home type thing?

Id be careful to find out how many of the other house have/are selling
                                                                                                                        you don't want to end up in a ghost estate!?
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 19-05-10, 00:04.

Comment

Cheers shortstack, this is what I'll be studying MSc Financial Mathematics, its a joint program
                                                                                                                          "The programme is run jointly by the two universities and you should expect to spend two days (per teaching week) at the King’s Buildings campus (University of Edinburgh) and three days at the Riccarton campus (Heriot-Watt University). ".

So I guess I'll be trying to live somewhere central between these two. I don't know Edinburgh too well, have only been there for a few days before, so wouldn't know ideal places to set up shop. What areas would be central to these two campuses? The University of Edinburgh website mentions Leith and Morningside a lot, recommended areas?

Thanks
                                                                                                                          If you are split between those two then somewhere central is going to be your best bet unless you plan on getting a car.

I would go as far as Dalry one way or the top of Leith walk the other. You should then be within 10 minutes walk of a bus to either destination. Leith was having a lot of development done when I left and was being transformed into a nice place to live.

In Dalry you would probably get a bus to Riccarton right outside your door and a short walk to Princes St to get one to Kings Buildings. Leith Walk the opposite.

Football wise - Leith is where Hibs ground is and Dalry is right next to Hearts ground.

Both places are a short walk from Princes street and all the action of a night-time.

Morningside would be a pain unless you had a car.
                                                                                                                          sigpic
                                                                                                                          www.d4events.com

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X