X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    LOL, in your dreams. I have a whole new reading list lined up for you boy
    For anyone reading this with a feeling of confusion I suppose I ought to point out that my new job in Dublin is in the company Strewelly works for.

It's a software engineering job, pretty much just object oriented design.

My opening line was more or less "I've never actually done any object oriented programming to be honest", but I somehow managed to talk into thinking I'd be alright.

However, posts like these make me feel like I've made a terrible mistake and have opened myself up to a world of bullying and threats to tell management how much of the day I'm spending on a gambling forum.

This is while I was being interviewed FFS

I'm an evil bastard... having a nice cup of coffee and a quick catch up here while my victim stews

Think I'll leave him sweat till the first at Punchestown is over
    I've lost count of the number of times I've been meant to go to Nigeria and not ended up going. A place I used to work did all its business there and despite having Visa and tickets a few times the only trips I went on were to Paris, Madrid and Johannesburg.

My visa will run out next month around when the trip is rescheduled for, so maybe I'll be able to dodge the trip on to some unsuspecting junior or new recruit who feels like they need a holiday
    LOL, in your dreams. I have a whole new reading list lined up for you boy
    Nevertheless, you've got to say it - IPB delivers

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      stuck The Leopard on the list, I've read the McGahern

once I saw the word 'geeky', I deigned not to click the last link
      [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manage-Like-Mourinho-Inside-Special/dp/1848185103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305900095&sr=8-1[/ame]
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        My Wishlist is basically a list of the books that have been recommended in the BBV over the last 12 months or so...
        ordered A Confereracy of Dunces

that's quite the list
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Simon Singh, The Code Book or Fermat's Last Theorem.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

that's quite the list
            I know, I have no shot at ever even being able to buy them all, never mind reading them!

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
              Two pretty good ones i have read recently from Simon Winchester

Atlantic -

The Map that changed the world
              funny I just read his Korea book last month

reading a lot about Korea at the moment, [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coldest-Winter-David-Halberstam/dp/0330458507/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1305900359&sr=8-4"]this[/ame] is what I'm currently on

Comment

My favourite book! Poor guy killed himself and his mother published it posthumourlessly, post-humus-ly, ...

Comment

askmebollix

you should read [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barca-Peoples-Passion-Jimmy-Burns/dp/1408805782/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305900470&sr=1-1"]this[/ame]

Comment

also
                    The Party by Richard McGregor.
                    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Party-Secret-Chinas-Communist-Rulers/dp/0061708771[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                      urgh, libertarians put me on life-tilt.
                      Libertarian is pretty much a meaningless term.
                      Which sort of ones are upsetting you currently?
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        the router is actually powering down and powering up?
                        replace the router so.
                        If it is the IP address resetting every 30 mins or so, it's an other issue.
                        Yep it's knocking on and off. Rang them earlier and they said it was spiking? They need to see it when it's acting abnormally on Tuesday

Comment

Libertarian is pretty much a meaningless term.
                          Which sort of ones are upsetting you currently?
                          The "Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?" Atlas Shrugged, Tyranny of Government kind.

Comment

I read every word Kundera had published in a matter of weeks many years ago.
                            I was asked about them the other day (he must be coming back into fashion among youse young people ) and I couldn't remember anything about any of them except the Joke which I remembered in great detail.
                            Still when I went to look for copies of the books there were almost none to be found, filling the rule for all the good books in my house, that they get lent and you never see them again, only the dross makes its way home.
                            Will not be lending it out for sure! Such a gorgeous book imo, must get onto his other stuff.

Comment

Keane has made an interesting career decision here

I think his annual performance reviews should be conducted via the BBV

Comment

Some of my favourite dunks of the season. First one is from last night, second one was early in the season and the last one is from Blake Griffin who was rookie of the year. He was the no.1 draft pick in '09 but never played a game that season. He is going to be a huge star in the NBA for many years to come. There is no doubt he is the new king of the dunk already. These two in one game was just legendary.

Just for some referance the best for me was Shaq, just so big and powerful. So I've put up two of his because the second one is so different.
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrjg8AcjSvo&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9HyzRQVEns&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyGTLGKcSkI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrzQ-X_B2c&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2VLEGtRuz4&feature=related[/ame]
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

My visa will run out next month around when the trip is rescheduled for, so maybe I'll be able to dodge the trip on to some unsuspecting junior or new recruit who feels like they need a holida
                                  I have to say when I read that, I guessed you had got the job, thanking it gave the game away
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Yeah I'd assume there's a jury.
                                    Defamation cases are one of the rare examples of where there are juries in a civil matter.

Jesus the evidence so far has been so boring. I couldn't stick it anymore and left. Have a very funny story to tell once the case is over.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

What's the name of the author of travel literature that some of you, incl. RDIII, rave about? Will have to check out some of his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                        What's the name of the author of travel literature that some of you, incl. RDIII, rave about? Will have to check out some of his stuff.
                                        Paul Theroux?

Comment

Check out he updates of the UKIPT Day 1b
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

accountant; "why can't I work out my month-end profit? I keep running reports for 31 May but the numbers don't make sense.'

me; "the space-time continuum"

him;

I love being a prick, it really makes my day

Comment

Paul Theroux?
                                              Ryszard Kapuscinksi is the business too if you want some travel stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                Ryszard Kapuscinksi is the business too if you want some travel stuff.
                                                how he didn't end up shot dead at some point in his career is quite amazing

Comment

Paul Theroux?
                                                  Who as it happens is the Daddy of BBV's favourite documentary maker Louis.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Who as it happens is the Daddy of BBV's favourite documentary maker Louis.
                                                    in more ways than one

Paul >>>>> Louis

and, in a nice twist, I am going to listen to Theroux Snr next week (thanks to TomD). Sold out too.

Comment

This pretty much made my day:
                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBpXt8_6xs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Watching the queen walking around my lab and instead of being filled with pride, I'm thinking 'fml I have to go back there on Monday'. Time to quit imo.

Comment

in more ways than one

Paul >>>>> Louis

and, in a nice twist, I am going to listen to Theroux Snr next week (thanks to TomD). Sold out too.
                                                          I think his son is poor man's Jon Ronson, whom I am going to see next week talking about his work on this new book:
                                                          [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychopath-Test-Jon-Ronson/dp/0330492268/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1[/ame]

Comment

First picture of Tom Hardy as Bane in next year's The Dark Knight Rises...

SPOILER

EDIT: Spoilered due to obscene image size.

EDIT2: Image broken now
                                                            Last edited by Keane; 20-05-11, 16:39.

Comment

how many times did the Queen say LoLCork people today

Comment

SPOILER

doesn't look like it supports BB tags

Comment

SPOILER

Not sure if this is the same image cause I cant see yours but this is just too cool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimag...gunaltered.jpg

doesn't look like it supports BB tags
                                                                    Lame, it was working a while ago.

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                    Not sure if this is the same image cause I cant see yours but this is just too cool

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/image.html
                                                                    Same image, just a high-def version...

Comment

Anyway, have a good weekend folks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM[/ame]

Comment

Macho Man Randy Savage has died.

Sad scenes.

Comment

just about to post that

Oooohhhhhhh No

Comment

In memory of Macho Man.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rE0-ek6MZA[/ame]

Comment

RIP to the Macho Man.

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... (In memoriam)
                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYRJLr90vSA[/ame]
                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

bring on the rapture. A world without the Macho Man isn't worth contemplating.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UoChk5pZIQ[/ame]

Comment

Just watching this week's Apprentice. Jim best be getting massages from the whole rest of the team after his performance! £8 win and he sneaked that £10 "bonus" discount.

The project manager needs to be lumped out instantly though, she's a joke.

Comment

I blame Spiderman
                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Anyone else see the Black Hawks and Chinooks flying over Dublin earlier? The noise of them, thought something was about to crash through my roof.

Comment

Ship Ship finally getting the ex's name taken of my morgage!

I can dwell in negative equity on my own at last

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                              Anyone else see the Black Hawks and Chinooks flying over Dublin earlier? The noise of them, thought something was about to crash through my roof.
                                                                                              yep all in for obama
                                                                                              the mrs saw all sorts of military aircraft & MIB's out in the airport today

Comment

He'll need a grave....
                                                                                                Dig it!!!

Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-05-11, 18:54.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Jacko's statue at Craven Cottage.

Edit - I am probably light years behind with the picture but while I heard it referred to loads had never actually seen it.

Opr
                                                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 20-05-11, 19:43.

Comment

Amlin Cup final has been fucking unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Amlin Cup final has been fucking unreal
                                                                                                          Great game but thought Stade should have had a penalty right at the end when they were moving forward through the scrum and it went down.
                                                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

yeah Clancy's got no bottle. He wouldn't have given a penalty there if the Quins' prop had stabbed his opposite number in that last scrum!

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Feature length documentary about the online poker boom.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4noS7EmKqNM&hd[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                                                                  Is it available yet?
                                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                                                                    wow that looks pretty good actually & the kid sayin "ship it" is deadly

Comment

No its not due out till next year but has been in production for eights according to thread on 2+2. Its does look promising from the trailer.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                        You might be gone to sleep at this stage, but reading The Master and the Margarita at the moment, excellent stuff.

absolutely loved that book

Comment

A fun hand from the scoop earlier. Unfortunately will have to wait to Sunday to have a last go of shipping one.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 700/1400 Blinds 175 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t25398)
                                                                                                                          UTG+1 (t34027)
                                                                                                                          MP1 (t78022)
                                                                                                                          MP2 (t19273)
                                                                                                                          MP3 (t22039)
                                                                                                                          CO (t35983)
                                                                                                                          Hero (Button) (t96077)
                                                                                                                          SB (t40610)
                                                                                                                          BB (t86368)

Hero's M: 26.14

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 5
                                                                                                                          6 folds, Hero bets t2800, 1 fold, BB raises to t6300, Hero calls t3500

Flop: (t14875) J, 10, 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                                          BB bets t7000, Hero calls t7000

Turn: (t28875) K (2 players)
                                                                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets t12600, BB calls t12600

River: (t54075) J (2 players)
                                                                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets t70002 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t54075

Results:
                                                                                                                          Hero didn't show 8, 5 (nothing).
                                                                                                                          Outcome: Hero won t54075

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X