Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe must know something we don't. Maybe luke's hustling us?

Leinster bench would start for northhampton. Game will be won in last 25 when the changes are made. What's the odds on s northhampton/Leinster ht/ft? Could be an interesting bet for a neutral/ casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      They're both better looking than me.
      at least I didn't suggest this guy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUXAgUoPa3U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUXAgUoPa3U[/ame]
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
        Name change to something easier to dress up as please...
        Sligo football jersey. Easy as mine since it will just be me on a work day. Suit on a saturday makes people look like a tool if its not a wedding tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Joe must know something we don't. Maybe luke's hustling us?

Leinster bench would start for northhampton. Game will be won in last 25 when the changes are made. What's the odds on s northhampton/Leinster ht/ft? Could be an interesting bet for a neutral/ casual fan.
          we're going to steamroller them, I am immensely confident

I haven't felt this good about a sports event since Istabraq went for his 4th Champion Hurdle

Comment

Leinster will set a record final winning margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              we're going to steamroller them, I am immensely confident

I haven't felt this good about a sports event since Istabraq went for his 4th Champion Hurdle
              Perhaps I'm just nervous at the idea of us faltering. We should murder them, but its a Cup Final, teams rarely get murdered in Cup Finals, most of them finish within one or two scores of each other.

It should be a non-contest, but it wont be. Looking forward to SOB running over Myler over and over again, and Boss on at 55 to steamroll Diggins (who Neil Francis said was "muck" on "The Breakdown" last night - horribly harsh on him, I think he's a fairly decent 9).

Sexton to show the haters how its done too hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Leinster will set a record final winning margin.
                this

Comment

Rosanna Davison is suing Ryanair for defamation and the case started this morning. Fucking court room was packed.
                  Does she have a case?

I read the ryanair statement and it seems pretty flimsy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Does she have a case?

I read the ryanair statement and it seems pretty flimsy
                    prob depends on how female heavy the jury is.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

I was at the Munster Northampton Final, what is it ten years ago already OK Munster were only slight favs that day but Northampton knew how to close the deal.
                      Istabraq's 4th CH bah!
                      Its as Emmet says we Should but somehow I'm afraid that the hype and expectation could make it a much easier game for Northampton than for us.
                      I'm ridiculously nervous about this.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        prob depends on how female heavy the jury is.
                        Is there a jury for cases like this? I imagine a lad heavy jury would suit her better as the whole daddys money, miss world, airhead thing plays better with guys than girls. I know I would fake sympathy for her for a chance of her faking something else later.

I hope this comment is enough to remove me from any potentail jury duty in the future.

Comment

Lads this matter is still under decision in the courts and is, therefore, sub judice. While you should feel free to discuss it in the abstract any discussion of the merits of the case could technically constitute a contempt of court so perhaps it's best to refrain from commenting on jury composition on a public forum.

Basically, if the papers report it tonight it's fair game. If they don't then I wouldn't discuss the particulars here either.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi
                            Jealousy is an awful thing....That's what they said about her regarding remarks she made about a charity calendar they released which featured no Irish members of their cabin crew (Are there any? )
                            Snip
                            Last edited by Lazare; 20-05-11, 12:37.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lads this matter is still under decision in the courts and is, therefore, sub judice. While you should feel free to discuss it in the abstract any discussion of the merits of the case could technically constitute a contempt of court so perhaps it's best to refrain from commenting on jury composition on a public forum.

Basically, if the papers report it tonight it's fair game. If they don't then I wouldn't discuss the particulars here either.
                              should have thought of that before you brought it up!

You know they're like a bunch of old women in here
                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

sure maybe rosanna's new poker facebook friends will give her a glowing character reference...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  Day 1 UKIPT - shit run in short handed + do bollox playing drunk cash

Day 2 UKIPT - standard exit from main event (never fold the pockets) + do bollox playing mythical

Day 3 UKIPT - got up early enough to grind a few tournaments. get to the bubble of the 15k guarantee 2nd in chips. get it in with the chip leader on a flop of Td Jc Qd me holding the AdKd him with the AQo and the turn and river come running Jack balls.

fml Im going on the beer
                                  Did you bother with the GAMSAT again BK? results out today as far as i know

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                    Did you bother with the GAMSAT again BK? results out today as far as i know
                                    really? didnt know that - I'll be able to figure out where I'll be doing med so. Didnt bother doing it a 2nd time - overall it was -EV. Im gonna check out UCC this weekend but Im pretty set on UL. you hardly did it again?

Comment

Anyone going to the Blackpool game on Sunday flying into Liverpool @ 1?
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

As Kayroo says, it's best if we don't talk specifics about an ongoing case other than what has been previously reported, never mind abusing the person taking the case and is obviously not afraid of legal action. I'd prefer if we didn't give anyone a reason to sue us. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                          I know I would fake sympathy for her for a chance of her faking something else later.
                                          kudos sir

kudos

Comment

RE: Rosanna

This is the only info I got off google.

Read, share and shape the news on TheJournal.ie - Breaking Irish and International News

SPOILER
                                            ROSANNA DAVISON is in court today in a row with Ryanair over claims they branded her a racist.

The row stems back to comments Davison made in 2008 about the budget airline’s charity calendar, which features images of some of their cabin crew clad in bikinis. She expressed disappointment that no Irish girls were represented in that year’s edition of the calendar.
                                            Ryanair responded with a statement on their website, saying that Davison’s comments “bordered on racism and demonstrated an elitist attitude against Ryanair’s international cabin crew”.

Ryanair said that only four Irish girls applied to appear in the calendar in 2008, and that one was chosen but had to cancel the shoot due to other commitments. Davison was quoted at the time as saying:

If I was organising it, I would have made sure that Irish women were involved because it’s an Irish charity (The Simon Community) and Irish fundraising.
                                            Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara called Davison’s remarks “narrow-minded” and said that “Ryanair does not participate in tokenism”:

To replace a girl with another applicant on the basis of her being Irish would have been unfair to all the girls who applied to participate. Ryanair is an international airline and all the staff members involved in this year’s calendar, irrespective of where they come from are delighted to help this year’s charity.

The Irish Sun reports that the case is getting underway in the High Court today.

Comment

Seems like a vewy seeewiooous case

I agwee that we should wefwain from debating such weighty issues of groundbweaking legal import

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                As Kayroo says, it's best if we don't talk specifics about an ongoing case other than what has been previously reported, never mind abusing the person taking the case and is obviously not afraid of legal action. I'd prefer if we didn't give anyone a reason to sue us. Ever.
                                                earlier post snipped.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                  Is there a jury for cases like this? I imagine a lad heavy jury would suit her better as the whole daddys money, miss world, airhead thing plays better with guys than girls. I know I would fake sympathy for her for a chance of her faking something else later.

I hope this comment is enough to remove me from any potentail jury duty in the future.
                                                  Yeah I'd assume there's a jury.

I was on a jury a few years back in a massive defamation case a woman took against at the evening hearld and won. The jury had a female majority and it was all over bar the shouting before the case even started. They were the least objective group I've ever met.

Such a massive factor in a case imo. Although maybe woman wouldn't sympathize with Rosana as much but I'm sure her lawyers will be aware of the target jury that will give her the highest chance of winning.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Hopefully the judge sees sense and throws the case out today.
                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

really? didnt know that - I'll be able to figure out where I'll be doing med so. Didnt bother doing it a 2nd time - overall it was -EV. Im gonna check out UCC this weekend but Im pretty set on UL. you hardly did it again?
                                                      No no, happy the first time. It seems my score that equated to the 91st percentile from the London one now is the 97th for the irish one so thats good news for you i'd imagine.

Comment

6/1 seems like outrageous odds for this....

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Yeah I'd assume there's a jury.

I was on a jury a few years back in a massive defamation case a woman took against at the evening hearld and won. The jury had a female majority and it was all over bar the shouting before the case even started. They were the least objective group I've ever met.
                                                          In fairness, once I saw that the defendant was The Herald, I'd be the same way.

Disgraceful excuse for a paper; in my experience they stand out from the pack in Ireland for simply making up 'facts' and then sticking them on Page 1. Not to mention committing various illegal acts. Someone get me drunk some day and I will tell all.

Comment

In fairness, once I saw that the defendant was The Herald, I'd be the same way.

Disgraceful excuse for a paper; in my experience they stand out from the pack in Ireland for simply making up 'facts' and then sticking them on Page 1. Not to mention committing various illegal acts. Someone get me drunk some day and I will tell all.
                                                            Will you be drinking tomorrow for the match?

I'm going with a group of 9, I'm the youngest by 20+ years. Reckon that means I don't have to buy a single drink, and I'll be comatose by the time we arrive back into Dublin.

Delighted

Comment

Rosanna Davison is suing Ryanair for defamation and the case started this morning. Fucking court room was packed.
                                                              pretty much goes without saying

pics or GTFO

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                No no, happy the first time. It seems my score that equated to the 91st percentile from the London one now is the 97th for the irish one so thats good news for you i'd imagine.
                                                                yeah its weird though the description of the chart says "Score of 60 is equal to a percentile rank of approximately 80. This means that you scored equal to or higher than 80% of the candidates who took GAMSAT2011"

However when you look at the bell curve a score of 59 has me in the 86th percentile. without jinxing it I think I'll start looking for accommodation in UL.

Comment

that's the plan, unsure as to where to head in town though

we don't want a Kielys type atmosphere but do want some level of craic and not just the few of us roaring at a telly in a deserted pub

possibly Mulligans

Comment

I'm going with a group of 9, I'm the youngest by 20+ years. Reckon that means I don't have to buy a single drink, and I'll be comatose by the time we arrive back into Dublin.

Delighted
                                                                    This happened me in Edinburgh because I booked late so was flying home with my uncles and my dad. Landed back in Dublin at midnight at the same time as AKQJ10 and the aircoach dropped us straight into town. Sucha dreamy scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                      Name change to something easier to dress up as please...
                                                                      Sligo girl?
                                                                      SPOILER

about as work safe as I could get
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

yeah its weird though the description of the chart says "Score of 60 is equal to a percentile rank of approximately 80. This means that you scored equal to or higher than 80% of the candidates who took GAMSAT2011"

However when you look at the bell curve a score of 59 has me in the 86th percentile. without jinxing it I think I'll start looking for accommodation in UL.
                                                                        Yeah i dont understand it at all, im also not gonna question it, im also not questioning the fact that they rounded my score up in the first place when they shouldnt have. You'd think they could do simple maths but no. UCD for me i think, no reason for choosing it over RCSI other than its nearer where I live and I'd prefer not to have to go to Blanchardstown to the hospital. Slim chance i might take my place in St. Georges in London but prob not.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          Sligo girl?
                                                                          SPOILER

about as work safe as I could get
                                                                          who the fuck is that
                                                                          and what significance does she bare

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

well the big "hush hush" story in here this morning is all over the news.
                                                                            so can we start bashing the plaintiff and the defence now

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                              who the fuck is that
                                                                              and what significance does she bare
                                                                              You havent heard of internet phenom Aine Chambers?
                                                                              sligozone.net

be warned, it's pretty gruesome
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Recommend me some books BBV so i can go on an Amazon spree. My tastes are fairly catholic. No science fiction shite.

Comment

Ugh, I have to drive to Valentia Island in Kerry after work today, I'm guessing it will be at least a 4 1/2 hour drive leaving from Cherrywood at 5pm, heading up the M50 to the Red Cow and onwards towards Limerick. Gonna be shattered by the time I arrive!

I also might be dragged to a family dinner tomorrow afternoon and possibly miss some of the rugby, am a little concerned at this prospect TBH. Then will miss most of the football while driving back Sunday afternoon, double ugh!

Comment

Recommend me some books BBV so i can go on an Amazon spree. My tastes are fairly catholic. No science fiction shite.
                                                                                    [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Predators-Pedophiles-Rapists-Other-Offenders/dp/0465071732/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305897136&sr=8-1[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                      Ugh, I have to drive to Valentia Island in Kerry after work today, I'm guessing it will be at least a 4 1/2 hour drive leaving from Cherrywood at 5pm, heading up the M50 to the Red Cow and onwards towards Limerick. Gonna be shattered by the time I arrive!

I also might be dragged to a family dinner tomorrow afternoon and possibly miss some of the rugby, am a little concerned at this prospect TBH. Then will miss most of the football while driving back Sunday afternoon, double ugh!
                                                                                      You're looking at two hours Dublin to Limerick, although that doesn't account for traffic.

Assuming you get to Limerick around 7 - 7.30 it'll only be another hour and a quarter to Tralee, but it's probably the bones of an hour more to Valentia so you're looking at probably four hours best case.

Comment

WTF? No.

Comment

The Celtic Tiger : Irelands Continuing Economic Miracle.
                                                                                          [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Tiger-Irelands-Continuing-Economic/dp/1860761488[/ame]

The Robert Harris Rome books, Imperium and Llustrum would appeal to a political animal like yourself.
                                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-05-11, 13:32. Reason: Robert, not richard.

Comment

Comment

WTF? No.
                                                                                              you said your tastes were Catholic???

Comment

The Secret
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  You're looking at two hours Dublin to Limerick, although that doesn't account for traffic.

Assuming you get to Limerick around 7 - 7.30 it'll only be another hour and a quarter to Tralee, but it's probably the bones of an hour more to Valentia so you're looking at probably four hours best case.
                                                                                                  I'm guessing it'll be at least 30 minutes from the office to the Red Cow unfortunately, Friday fecking traffic. Valentia is just so far away from most place in Ireland, my folks are driving from Galway city and they'll be on the road for more than 3 hours getting there. Lovely place though, my Dad's family is from there so I've been loads of times, though not in a decade or so, am guessing it hasn't changed too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                    I'm guessing it'll be at least 30 minutes from the office to the Red Cow unfortunately, Friday fecking traffic. Valentia is just so far away from most place in Ireland, my folks are driving from Galway city and they'll be on the road for more than 3 hours getting there. Lovely place though, my Dad's family is from there so I've been loads of times, though not in a decade or so, am guessing it hasn't changed too much.
                                                                                                    I assume traffic out of Dublin will be fairly bad as well. I know on Friday's it only takes me an hour and three quarters to get from Shannon to Dublin but it's probably a fair bit different going the other way.

You'll pretty much be an hour longer than your folks I'd guess - Galway to Limerick is roughly an hour, Dublin to Limerick is roughly two hours.

Comment

My Wishlist is basically a list of the books that have been recommended in the BBV over the last 12 months or so...

Comment

You would love this, I cannot recomment it highly enough:
                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Leopard-Giuseppe-Lampedusa/dp/0679731210[/ame]

This was a great read:
                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Hall-Novel-Hilary-Mantel/dp/0312429983/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305898678&sr=1-1[/ame]

A lot of people haven't read this, its sublime
                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/That-They-May-Face-Rising/dp/0571225721/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305898763&sr=1-2-fkmr0[/ame]

I'm currently absorbed in this but it might be a bit geeky for you.
                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Information-History-Theory-Flood/dp/0375423729/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305898805&sr=1-1[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          My Wishlist is basically a list of the books that have been recommended in the BBV over the last 12 months or so...
                                                                                                          LOL, in your dreams. I have a whole new reading list lined up for you boy

Comment

urgh, libertarians put me on life-tilt.
                                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

you said your tastes were Catholic???
                                                                                                              small c dipshit

it's like the difference between Republican and republican

Comment

I've had The Big Short recommended to be by a bunch of people and I'd imagine you'd enjoy the subject matter and schadenfreude.

Finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being the other day and it was fantastic.

Comment

Ì'd heartily recommend Under the Dome by Stephen King
                                                                                                                  The twist is a bit of a MacGuffin but the villains smack of Bush/Cheney

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                                    I've had The Big Short recommended to be by a bunch of people and I'd imagine you'd enjoy the subject matter and schadenfreude.

read both of them thanks, Big Short is good craic alright (possibly not the best way to describe a book a financial crisis)

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post

I read every word Kundera had published in a matter of weeks many years ago.
                                                                                                                      I was asked about them the other day (he must be coming back into fashion among youse young people ) and I couldn't remember anything about any of them except the Joke which I remembered in great detail.
                                                                                                                      Still when I went to look for copies of the books there were almost none to be found, filling the rule for all the good books in my house, that they get lent and you never see them again, only the dross makes its way home.

Comment

stuck The Leopard on the list, I've read the McGahern

once I saw the word 'geeky', I deigned not to click the last link

Comment

Two pretty good ones i have read recently from Simon Winchester

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atlantic-Vast-Ocean-Million-Stories/dp/0007341377/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305899566&sr=8-1"]Atlantic[/ame] -

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Map-That-Changed-World-Redemption/dp/0140280391/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_3"]The Map that changed the world[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X