This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    I still get genuinely tilted by The Muppet at times, which upsets me.

Any advice?
    Just ignore him and get everyone to do that too, that will kill him.

Or get him to make a bet where access is the stake, I hear this is effective as it got rid of two trolls last time.

I noticed BBC and doing Live updates on Korea.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/9218848.stm

Is it going to kick off?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      No point in a Chelsea fan and Arsenal fan arguing over who had the better player, we aren't soccer forum droolers.
      Definetly.

Ive been in too many debates about things like that to know too well.

Comment

I don't have a side in this argument, but this video always gives me tingles:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs[/ame]
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          If pissing is your fantasy, it's WRONG. If it's to punish the bitch, do it when she is awake. and muhahaha whilst doing it. Bitches hate that.
          Would you not be concerned with "flow pressure"?

I mean if she's awake and lying on the couch looking at you,what if you're suddenly struck down with stage fright? Might wind up on the register of sex offenders if not careful.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
            the whole pissing fantasy thing is wrong
            or
            its wrong to piss on her when she is asleep

either way once i get my kicks thats all that maters
            very Fruedion

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
              I don't have a side in this argument, but this video always gives me tingles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs
              My favourite goal of all time along with Zizu's in the champions league final. What a genius Bergkamp was.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                I know what you mean. If Chopper Challenge didn't have a leaderboard, i wouldn't have felt the need to keep playing until i beat Bubblrkings score
                yes maximum shippage gimme back my title yo mo fo - thats 2 hours of my life I'll never get back

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtVFcJiqHSQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtVFcJiqHSQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                  Could people do me a favour and post their all-time Premiership X1 of UK and ROI players only. So no Carlos Kickalballs, just British and Irish players please, judging on their Premiership career only.

Cheers!
                  Seaman

Irwin
                  Adams
                  Pallister
                  Pearce

Beckham
                  Keane
                  Scholes
                  Giggs

Shearer
                  Owen

Subs: Given, Neville, Terry, Lampard, Le Tissier, Fowler, Wright

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRR5nI_bCYg[/ame]

Keane. I take back my Cork girls are ok comment.

Gold.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Denny, let's get our groove on here:

set the FF line at 42, obv. I'll take the under

what price will you do me for LAB to get 50+?
                      I'd say if you set the line for each party, the total would add up to over 200.

I made my guesses yesterday at something like:

FF 35
                      FG 65
                      LAB 40
                      SF 12
                      IND 14

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                        Robbie Fowler was the most natural English Striker of all time at his peak.
                        Correct. but only of the premisership.

Comment

forgot about SHearer. Ah well. Fowler or Owen can swap wtih him, sort it out Robbie and Michael.

Comment

That enough people would vote to get FF 35 seats is absolutely mind-boggling. In the area I live it would have been considered a massive faux-pas to even think voting FF over the last 15 years, I can only imagine what its like now.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                              a tattoo of a mickey on your mickey would be pointless imo
                              This imo

SPOILER

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piYh2UfX-GY[/ame]
                                ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    This imo

SPOILER
                                    Would be pretty obv when he's telling a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      I should look at doing that but I'm a financially illiterate gambler and I'd like to hope that for 4% these guys would be able to be a +ev proposition for me.
                                      If it all gets pissed away I wouldn't have the likes Olly to blame for doing it to me
                                      Prsa market has no profit for us tbh and I generally don't work in that area.

Check out LA brokers online and there execution only prsa with no upfront charges and a 1% annual management fee. Could be good value for new monies going forward. You'd need to sit down and work through the figures.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Goddamit, why couldn't I have found this little boards exchange from early 2009 when I was having my tiff with HH the other day. Interesting to read now, I've highlighted a few choice quotes.

cliffs; HH looks backwards, I look forwards.

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
                                        Let’s look at some numbers.
                                        Originally posted by El Stuntman
                                        why not, it should be fun
                                        Since 2002 the Building & Construction sector has expanded by nearly 33% until now. It grew from €12bn to £15.9bn (so an increase for €3.9bn). ‘Other industry’ only grew by about 23%. However in monetary terms in grew from €33.2bn to €40.8bn (for an increase of €7.6bn). [Table 1, CSO]
                                        what was the total amount of mortgages outstanding in 2002 versus at the end of 2008? it's all about debt baby
                                        Building & Construction was undoubtedly important. But the idea that for the last 6 years all we have been doing is building is clearly not just hyperbole as you say, but absolutely wrong. People have been doing other things, and doing them very successfully. Other industry is about 3 times the size of construction, and it increased in monetary terms by approximately twice the amount of the building sector over the last six years.

A nation of builders? Hardly.
                                        not a nation of builders (literally) but we are a nation that took the farm, bet it all on a single asset class and then went out and borrowed several more farms to throw it into the same non-productive asset class. Now that asset class is worthless, we're fecked. bankrupt. Insolvent. Screwed.
                                        Industry has driven a big part of the growth. Another big driver of growth has been personal expenditure (included in ‘Other Expenditure’ in Table 1, CSO report). This increased by 41% over the last 6 years from €52.4bn to €74.2bn. (by the way, these are inflation-adjusted figures). We, as people, are spending more.
                                        illusory

it's all financed by debt and unsustainable salary increases. Those jobs are going and those workers left with jobs are having their pay slashed and their taxes increased. Welcome to the 1980s.
                                        This expenditure is nearly 5 times larger than Building & Construction as a contribution to growth. Some people might say that this is illusory growth as people are spending their money to create this growth. I’m not so sure. The fact is that this spending more is directly related to the fact that we are working more productively now (or in positions with a higher educational qualification requirement) and thus earning more.
                                        eh, if we were really more productive we'd be gaining jobs not losing them at a record rate

sure salaries have gone up - without any underlying increases in productivity, hence our almost total loss of competitiveness vis-a-vis other nations

we are less productive now
                                        Some stats on earnings:

• Financial services companies increased their average weekly pay for the 296,300 people they employ (the largest sector in the economy btw) from €686.91 per week in 2002 to €829.25 in 2006. An increase of 20%. More up-to-date figures than 2006 are not available, but there is probably another 10% added to this increase for the last two years.
                                        that's great Ted, we all know how well financial services firms are doing.

Most of those jobs will be gone pretty soon. Nationalisation beckons for BoI and AIB.
                                        Industrial pay is up 24% from 2002 to 2006 and probably the same 10% extra for the last two years..
                                        where do you think it'll be by the end of 2010? Down at least 15% is my estimate. Where do you think unemployment will be?
                                        There are also at least 8% more people in the economy since 2002. So this has also driven personal expenditure growth.
                                        another illusion

the economic migrants are now going home and being followed by native migrants

expect the population to fall by a startling number this year
                                        Maybe we have spent more than we should, but growth in the economy because of personal expenditure is valid growth if it is supported by a rise in income.
                                        didn't you see the 2008 tax numbers? That income was never sustainable and is now disappearing at a terrifying rate
                                        There is also no evidence that people are overextending themselves financially given that personal (non-housing, so presumably discretionary) borrowing is €24.2bn or approx 15% of GNP. In the UK it is about 18% (derived from this report and assuming GDP of STG£1.3tn).
                                        this would be the same Central Bank that said the banks were soundly capitalised and their assets were secure?

income is falling off a cliff but the debts remain

this is being temporarily masked by the reduction in ECB rates but most people in this economy (those with a mortgage anyway) couldn't survive more than 6 months without salary. Seen the unemployment numbers recently? They'll be at least 15% by year end. Kelly reckons 20% - I think he's right.
                                        A ‘small’ other point: our exports last year were €89bn. It’s fallen over the last six years (from €93bn in 2002), but its up from €18bn in 1990 and is a huge proportion of our GDP. That’s all stuff we made and sold abroad and none of it is houses.
                                        well a large proportion of those exports just fecked off to Poland and plenty more to go with that as other MNCs shut up shop. Also world trade is contracting at a record pace.
                                        Maybe that extra €71bn we are exporting since 1990 is also an illusion?
                                        it is actually - it's all based on MNCs, none of whom are based here. Very little of that export number trickles down into the Irish ecomony.
                                        These are just a few statistics, but at least it gives us a proper basis to make some assessment about whether a statement that our economic growth was built on building has any basis in fact. Building had an impact, but far more of the growth was due to people working harder (as evidenced by the growth in wages and the known rise in educational attainment) and then spending this money. We’ve also produced a lot more things that we sell abroad over the last 18 years, and our forgotten non-building industrial sector is a substantial multiple of the building sector that dominates media discussion.
                                        riiiight

so, why has our entire banking system imploded as the property bubble deflated? 'external factors' I suppose?

seriously man, there's nothing wrong with seeing the bright side and all that but we've seen too much misleading analysis of the 'fundamentals' for too long now. We need a solid dose of reality, no matter how unpalatable that may be. You're basing your upbeat analysis on out of date numbers (a bit like Lenihan's budget fiascos).

Morgan Kelly is a hero imo
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I told you no doom and gloom.

Where is Lottie, we need sunshine, rainbows and lollipops.

Comment

cliffs; HH looks backwards, I look forwards but clearly do no work ever.
                                            fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                              Prsa market has no profit for us tbh and I generally don't work in that area.

Check out LA brokers online and there execution only prsa with no upfront charges and a 1% annual management fee. Could be good value for new monies going forward. You'd need to sit down and work through the figures.
                                              Thanks I'll look at that.
                                              Just one freebie quick question, my man here says there is no downside to switching from PRSA to Company Scheme (for the lower fees) now that the law has changed on how AVC's are handled and it will be free to switch back out to a PRSA in the future, if I was to move job etc.
                                              Does that sound legit ? I seem to remember losing some money when moving out of previous company pensions and into the PRSA.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

here's more classic ranting: 16 Jan 2009

my rant of the day (long): The Irish People

what the fcuk is wrong with us as a people? We now have incontrovertible evidence that Fianna Fail has acted in concert with property developers and bankers to create the largest property bubble in history (woo-hoo, we're Number 1!). Either there was massive corruption going on whereby the planning laws of the State were systematically undermined by the sheer volume of brown envelopes flowing in secret and in public (remember the Galway races tent?) to politicans, mainly FF but also some other rotten eggs, or else FF have demonstrated a lack of competence in running a country that is almost unparalelled outside of the banana republics of Africa and South America (at least they shoot their leaders when things go wrong). To me it's both - corruption and incompetence.

The man who to me epitomises these twin evils is Bertie Ahern. He's clearly been on the take for years - his evidence to Mahon veered into the surreal at times, such was the scale of the lies, duplicity and double-dealing. He's never held a real job in his life (despite liking to claim that he's an accountant, he's passed no exams). He never went to college, has only a passing knowledge of the English language and despite enjoying a public image as a man of the people, has no close friends. The inanity of the celebrity culture that he enjoyed was encapsulated by the media fawning that surrounded the marriage of one of his daughters to a talentless popstar. His only genius was for finding out what people wanted and making them believe he was getting it for them.

The idiotic and criminal economic policies implemented by this man's government have led us to national ruin. I believe it's inevitable that the IMF or the ECB will be running this country's finances within two years. The shame is that we didn't have to get here; we could have wisely invested the money of the real Celtic Tiger years (about 1994-2001) and gotten ourselves some modern public infrastructure, reformed our health and education systems and positioned ourselves and our children for generations to come. Instead Fianna Fail, blinded by their and their paymaster's greed, blew the entire fruits of the Tiger on wildly fanning the fires of the housing boom. I don't think anyone needs to be told now how foolish a 'strategy' this was yet at the time the few dissenting voices (David McWilliams, Alan Aherne, Morgan Kelly, thepropertypin.com etc) were mocked as Jeremiahs by the hired mouthpieces of the banks (Dan McLaughlin, Austin Hughes etc.), developers (all the fantasy property porn shows on TV, Estate Agents) and FF themselves all spouted the mantras of 'never been a better time to buy', 'rent is dead money' and 'property only goes up'. Bertie himself even suggested that those brave dissenters should go and commit suicide. The people fell head over heels for this crap, lapped it up and enslaved themselves in generations of debt as a result. FF bought off the public sector vote through the manic scheme of benchmarking and the rest of us through SSIAs, unsustainable tax reductions and the happy illusion that we were getting rich by doing nothing more than renting property from the banks. Even now, you can still see the desperation in FF as they try to spin the line that the housing market is 'bottoming out' and the good times will soon roll again. Thankfully the numbers can't be argued with.

Yet.

If a General Election was called in the morning, at least 30% of the population would still blindly go out and vote Fianna Fail No. 1. Please don't spin me the line about 'shure the other crowd would be worse!'. Nobody, I mean nobody could be as directionless, as clueless, as venal and as amoral as these guys. Something is wrong with us as a people when we can vote a guy\gal (Cooper-Flynn, Bertie, Lowry etc.) who is blatantly corrupt back into office, over and over again. what the hell is that? Is it a legacy of colonialism by the Brits? Fcuked if I know but it sickens me to my stomach.

Another thing that sickens me is the passivity of the populace at large. As the country crumbles around us, where are the mass demonstrations, the riots and the outraged demands for heads to roll in Government. Nothing. The general attitude is one of 'keep the head down and ride it out'. The nonsense that the Government and its apologists trot out about this being all down to 'international factors' is blindly accepted. The media is a disgrace - there is very little honest attempt to investigate and analyse what has gone on here in the last decade. I watched Miriam O'Callaghan on Primetime on Wednesday night shout down the one good man in RTE (George Lee) when he was passionately making some very good points about where we are and how we got here. No surprise given that she is a scion of a noted FF family. Are we a nation of cowed peasants that are just blindly accepting this treasonous behaviour that has taken place on the part of the unholy triumvirate of FF, the banks and the developers? Why are we not baying for these fcukers to be stripped of their assets and thrown in jail for twenty years? Are we even a society any more or are we just a disparate collection of individuals out for what we each can get? The behaviour of the unions and the vested interests over the last decade would certainly support this view.

We as a people are sick. The German Ambassador was right. We're not worthy of independence.

how's that for a rant?

el S

Comment

Am I missing something here with the lack of Stevie Gerrard and Ashley Cole in these teams? First two on the sheet imo, and Given ahead of Seaman for sure too.
                                                  http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                  http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                    Am I missing something here with the lack of Stevie Gerrard and Ashley Cole in these teams? First two on the sheet imo, and Given ahead of Seaman for sure too.
                                                    Irish Liverpool fan?

Comment

Ah Nic Cage

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8[/ame]
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anyone who picks Gerrard ahead of Keane, Lampard or Scholes should be certified medically insane.

Comment

Would love to see a graph mapping % growth unemployment figures alongside % growth in RDIII post count in the BBV over the last few years.
                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

We need to declare war on someone to distract the masses.I say Switzerland.

Comment

Thanks I'll look at that.
                                                              Just one freebie quick question, my man here says there is no downside to switching from PRSA to Company Scheme (for the lower fees) now that the law has changed on how AVC's are handled and it will be free to switch back out to a PRSA in the future, if I was to move job etc.
                                                              Does that sound legit ? I seem to remember losing some money when moving out of previous company pensions and into the PRSA.
                                                              I hate answering these questions in a vacuum.

In theory there shouldn't be an issue however there is a little thing called the 15 year rule on transfers from an OCP to a prsa. Also it might need a certificate of comparison which needs to be paid for.

Also if it was my money id never agree to paying initial charges on money I'm transferring in. If you want to sit down and look at the whole thing give me a shout and I'll look at your overall position for you. No charge.
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone who picks Gerrard ahead of Keane, Lampard or Scholes is obv a Liverpool drooler similar to Lloyd
                                                                Also not enough love for Tim Flowers or Paul Parker

Comment

Out of interest now that the public secttor is a few days from being cut in half, the private sector on the way back in areas and the govt on the way out in Jan. We must be at the bottom now with no more really nasty shocks left to come. Personally I cant wait for the budget as it has been so painfully long coming when everyone kknew what was about to happen so we can asses the wreckage. I think it will be a little bit like walking into New Orleans after the huricane and thinking man this place is in shit but at least the weather is better. Plus it did drive the Sints to take the superbowl so maybe this has all been a massive plan by the IRFU to ensurte a decent showing in the world cup

Comment

Irish Liverpool fan?
                                                                    Once was, pretty much just a football fan now ie I don't care if Liverpool win/lose (plus Gerrard is the only Liverpool player I'd have in). Its all about a Keane, Gerrard and Scholes midfield axis me thinks.
                                                                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                      You really are some Nancy boy, you Want to go to war with chocolate eating yodel eh eeee hoo watchmakers. Poof
                                                                      Last edited by Wesley Harms; 23-11-10, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                        You really are some Nancy boy, you
                                                                        Want to go to war with chocolate eating yodel eh eeee hoopo watchmakers. Poof
                                                                        Every Swiss male over the age of 21 has a machine gun in their house

pick someone that won't fight back

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

The truth is that there are a large number of people who get tattoos for the wrong reason, or for the right reason but get the wrong tattoo. For example someone with Bugs Bunny in a football strip or something is going to look pretty ridiculous over time
                                                                          I've had mine for 18 years now, roughly half my life, and I still love it, so you can stick it up your gash.

Seriously though if you're worried about what others will think of your tattoo you simply shouldn't get one.

People who ridicule others for having tattoos make me lol hard.
                                                                          Fk right off, and mind your own business imo.

The above isn't directed towards you btw Iago!
                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                            Out of interest now that the public secttor is a few days from being cut in half, the private sector on the way back in areas and the govt on the way out in Jan. We must be at the bottom now with no more really nasty shocks left to come. Personally I cant wait for the budget as it has been so painfully long coming when everyone kknew what was about to happen so we can asses the wreckage. I think it will be a little bit like walking into New Orleans after the huricane and thinking man this place is in shit but at least the weather is better. Plus it did drive the Sints to take the superbowl so maybe this has all been a massive plan by the IRFU to ensurte a decent showing in the world cup
                                                                            oh man, you don't want to know what I think on this

you really don't

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                              Nah we should invade somewhere warm like Cuba.

Comment

I'm looking for some advice please. A friend of mine is thinking of going to the Madrid - Barcelona match in April 2011. Has anyone gone before? What is the best way of getting tickets, accomodation etc in Madrid?

Comment

1. Tim Flowers
                                                                                  2. Paul Parker
                                                                                  3. Nigel Winterburn
                                                                                  4. Tony Adams
                                                                                  5. Carlton Palmer
                                                                                  6. Lee Chapman
                                                                                  7. Darren Anderton
                                                                                  8. Roy Keane
                                                                                  9. Mark Robbins
                                                                                  10. Robbie Fowler
                                                                                  11. Emile Heskey.

Now that team would get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                    Would love to see a graph mapping % growth unemployment figures alongside % growth in RDIII post count in the BBV over the last few years.

Way too bored today.

Comment

Question for the varied and interesting minds of the BBV

Everyone know what's going on in this country so let's get straight to the point.

EMIGRATION

I'm thinking of moving to another country now - most likely the UK or the US as I'm not prepared to pay higher and higher taxes every year just for the funds to go to pay back the IMF for a loan they are giving us in order for us to be able to "bail out" the banks - essentially what we are doing is taking money from Europe so the Irish banks can repay their upcoming maturities to European and other foreign fixed income investors.

It makes me sick - I have no problem with taxes if the proceeds go to healthcare, education, infrastructure, social welfare etc. but this current situation just makes me sick to my stomach.

So the my predicament is:

I could leave and have a better quality of life in another country

or

Stay and help my country recover again. I love this country but I don't feel like I should have to stay and repair the ineptidudes of others.

Am I just bailing when things get tough or am I justified in looking after number 1 ?!?

.
                                                                                      No Sig To See Here

Comment

I hate answering these questions in a vacuum.

In theory there shouldn't be an issue however there is a little thing called the 15 year rule on transfers from an OCP to a prsa. Also it might need a certificate of comparison which needs to be paid for.

Also if it was my money id never agree to paying initial charges on money I'm transferring in. If you want to sit down and look at the whole thing give me a shout and I'll look at your overall position for you. No charge.
                                                                                        Cheers Thanks.
                                                                                        I hate dealing with all this crap. Life is still way too expensive for me to be putting away the kind of money I need to be. When I up the Ante in four or five years time I'll probably give you a shout
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sell country to China IMO.

Comment

Speaking of American T.V shows, you have to check out Boardwalk Empire. Its as good as soprano's, and surprise surprise it is being written by the same fella who wrote sopranos.. Steve Buscemi is the lead character, and the leading woman in the show is the young wan who got her tits out in Train spotting when riding renton!

Its 10 episodes in now and Im addicted...

Comment

Cheers Thanks.
                                                                                              I hate dealing with all this crap. Life is still way too expensive for me to be putting away the kind of money I need to be. When I up the Ante in four or five years time I'll probably give you a shout
                                                                                              Seriously Tony its not going to get any easier. Give me a shout some evening and we can map out a general plan and you can at least get the ball rolling and improve your knowledge if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                                                                Everyone know what's going on in this country so let's get straight to the point.

EMIGRATION

I'm thinking of moving to another country now - most likely the UK or the US as I'm not prepared to pay higher and higher taxes every year just for the funds to go to pay back the IMF for a loan they are giving us in order for us to be able to "bail out" the banks - essentially what we are doing is taking money from Europe so the Irish banks can repay their upcoming maturities to European and other foreign fixed income investors.

It makes me sick - I have no problem with taxes if the proceeds go to healthcare, education, infrastructure, social welfare etc. but this current situation just makes me sick to my stomach.

or

Stay and help my country recover again. I love this country but I don't feel like I should have to stay and repair the ineptidudes of others.

Am I just bailing when things get tough or am I justified in looking after number 1 ?!?

.
                                                                                                When the going gets tough, the tough get going (emigrate)

Comment

Originally posted by niav View Post
                                                                                                  I'm looking for some advice please. A friend of mine is thinking of going to the Madrid - Barcelona match in April 2011. Has anyone gone before? What is the best way of getting tickets, accomodation etc in Madrid?
                                                                                                  Next to no chance of getting a ticket unless you know a charitable member of the club, but i could be wrong on that. Pretty sure members and season ticket holders get the lot long before they go on general sale second hand tickets cost a small fortune. Not as sure on the madrid end though so hopefully i'm wrong.

Also keep in mind the game could be on a saturday sunday or monday and will get decided around two weeks before the fixture is due to be played because of the shambolic way the league is run.
                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

or

what is a country and why should you love it? just wondering like

Comment

When the going gets tough, the tough get going (emigrate)
                                                                                                      I left 2 weeks ago...

Comment

full house in the Dail today

I wonder why

Comment

So encouraging to see the Dail 25% full.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                                                            Speaking of American T.V shows, you have to check out Boardwalk Empire. Its as good as soprano\'s, and surprise surprise it is being written by the same fella who wrote sopranos.. Steve Buscemi is the lead character, and the leading woman in the show is the young wan who got her tits out in Train spotting when riding renton!

Its 10 episodes in now and Im addicted...
                                                                                                            Terence Winter and Tim Van Patten are to be thanked for much of the best stuff ever to hit our TVs. Interesting to see Mark Wahlberg as a producer of BWE along with Marty.

Comment

or

.
                                                                                                              Now this is a topic worth discussing as we are all faced with this choice to some extent.

Firstly I see nothing wrong with leaving a job in Ireland if you enjoy economic and social flexibility as it will be be able to be filled by someone who is currently underemployed or unemployed at present who doesn't enjoy the same degree of flexibility.

Secondly given that you'll likely return to the country at some stage with savings you will over your lifetime add to the economic wealth of the country unlike most of your taxes which will be flushed down the toilet until we have a credit default event.

If you can earn more abroad and you bring some of that home with you in the end you will be doing your bit. You won't be here to vote out FF or to improve our government in the future but unless you intend being active politically how much of a loss is that anyway??

Looking after number one will benefit everyone in the long run IMO. Invisible hand and all that.

Comment

Anyone who picks Gerrard ahead of Keane, Lampard or Scholes should be certified medically insane.
                                                                                                                ------------------------Seaman------------------------

---Irwin-------Adams---------Terry-------Cole------

--McManaman----Keane-----Scholes-------Giggs---

-------------------------Gerrard-----------------------

------------------------------Shearer------------------

Opr

Comment

Reports saying Adebayor off to Juve.

Comment

you really don't
                                                                                                                    Oh but we do. But if you could please use paragraphs and subheadings that would be great. Anyone fancy a spot of the live pokers tonight btw?

Comment

you really don't
                                                                                                                      I assume you are referring to the mortage defaults and IFSC multi national banks mismanagement?
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                                        Reports saying Adebayor off to Juve.
                                                                                                                        They are putting some team together from others cast-off's.

Opr

Comment

Oh but we do. But if you could please use paragraphs and subheadings that would be great. Anyone fancy a spot of the live pokers tonight btw?
                                                                                                                          I was planning on playing in the Fitz satellite to their 500 game tomorrow night

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X