Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these politicians dont fool me - iv seen season 4 and 5 of the wire I know how this shit works...

Comment

Listen I tried to help you and C-kid but you havn't a clue imo so I'm off now for the evening, I might play some pokers whilst the cat is away.

keeping the subject off polly thicks.

Comment

OK, question for you lot.

Getting sky in now under a shared dish arrangement in my apartment. Only 2 rooms (sitting room and 1 bedroom) have the coaxial connection that the box will need, and only the sitting room has the phone connection. I would like to get the other 2 bedrooms done as well for this.

What is the least messy way to get the other rooms cabled up? I know there is a wireless phone thing ([ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WTA-111-Wireless-Phone/dp/B000NJQHL4[/ame]) for phone connections, but does anyone know if you can have more than 1 of these?

Is it a fairly standard thing to get more rooms wired for sky? If it was an outside dish then I presume it would be easier, but it is not. Preferably would not have cables running along skirting boards, etc. Are there people who can do this all without costing an arm and a leg?

I'm a bit clueless about this stuff to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          by naming him as one of 3 players who inspired Liverpool.

Poor ol Joe COle is struggling without Essien and Co.

Chelski are strugging becuase they are getting old, like I told you at the start of the season feck they are top of the league . THeir defence is a joke atm. Injurys.
          J.Cole is shit, I have always said it. Stepovers and flicks against shit teams do not make you class.

Chelsea have been too old for years now, you also said it last season

We had a bad November last year. All this crisis talk is hilarious tbh. Bad patch, missing some class players. Freak result last weekend. Will motor to the title in the new year.

Comment

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              Can't see that image rasta, says I need to be logged in on biker.ie. Maybe upload it to imageshack.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                Doing a draft on 2+2. It's been a bit hilarious so far.

Gerrard went 5th which made me LOL, Beckham went sixth which made me LOL and Le Tissier went 7th which made LOL even more, McManaman went 12th jesus, and then someone took Gary Neville at 13 and Ashley Cole at 14.
                Keane, Scholes, Shearer and Giggs top 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Keane, Scholes, Shearer and Giggs top 4?
                  Shearer - Giggs - Scholes - Keane.

Comment

The GAA season tickets are back on sale today. www.seasontickets.ie Cant recommend them enough, fantastic value

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                      Out of interest now that the public secttor is a few days from being cut in half, the private sector on the way back in areas and the govt on the way out in Jan. We must be at the bottom now with no more really nasty shocks left to come. Personally I cant wait for the budget as it has been so painfully long coming when everyone kknew what was about to happen so we can asses the wreckage. I think it will be a little bit like walking into New Orleans after the huricane and thinking man this place is in shit but at least the weather is better. Plus it did drive the Sints to take the superbowl so maybe this has all been a massive plan by the IRFU to ensurte a decent showing in the world cup
                      Three and a half years later unfortunately. And the people who live in New Orleans (or lived) are still suffering the after effects.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        OK, question for you lot.

Getting sky in now under a shared dish arrangement in my apartment. Only 2 rooms (sitting room and 1 bedroom) have the coaxial connection that the box will need, and only the sitting room has the phone connection. I would like to get the other 2 bedrooms done as well for this.

What is the least messy way to get the other rooms cabled up? I know there is a wireless phone thing (http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WTA-111-.../dp/B000NJQHL4) for phone connections, but does anyone know if you can have more than 1 of these?

Is it a fairly standard thing to get more rooms wired for sky? If it was an outside dish then I presume it would be easier, but it is not. Preferably would not have cables running along skirting boards, etc. Are there people who can do this all without costing an arm and a leg?

I'm a bit clueless about this stuff to be honest.
                        Have you heard of Sky Multiroom? I don't have it myself but as far as I know you don't need to run cables around.Sky want you to have a phoneline but if you use an independant installer,they might have a workaround for this...

EDIT: similar question here
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                          Doing a draft on 2+2. It's been a bit hilarious so far.

Gerrard went 5th which made me LOL, Beckham went sixth which made me LOL and Le Tissier went 7th which made LOL even more, McManaman went 12th jesus, and then someone took Gary Neville at 13 and Ashley Cole at 14.
                          I quit the last 2+2 football draft a little ways in. They haven't a fucking clue. Never again.

I remember the first boards Premiership one we did being quite good actually. Two years ago now!
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                            Have you heard of Sky Multiroom? I don't have it myself but as far as I know you don't need to run cables around.Sky want you to have a phoneline but if you use an independant installer,they might have a workaround for this...

EDIT: similar question here
                            I am getting sky multiroom in, but it is not wireless. That question only deals with phone lines, not cable points, and these are the main concerns. I could deal with the phone line thing easily enough by running cables for them for a night when they tell us to connect them to a phone line.

Comment

I am getting sky multiroom in, but it is not wireless. That question only deals with phone lines, not cable points, and these are the main concerns. I could deal with the phone line thing easily enough by running cables for them for a night when they tell us to connect them to a phone line.
                              Why do you need to be connected to a phone line?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                Why do you need to be connected to a phone line?
                                Ignore the phone line aspect of it if you want. I know you don't 'need' to be conencted to it, but if running extra cables anyways, might as well throw a few phone connections anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                  BAM!

90 seconds to spare

Comment

Ignore the phone line aspect of it if you want. I know you don't 'need' to be conencted to it, but if running extra cables anyways, might as well throw a few phone connections anyways.
                                    you need to have a phone line for multi room viewing - its to stop you getting 2 boxes at the multi room rate and giving one to your neighbour (pretty much just guarantees sky get more money)

anyway if you want more than 1 box you need a phone line

Comment

Fabregas 7/1 and Drogba 5/2 1st scorers and a cheeky double.

Comment

Yup, he prob wasn't better but was a very good player. Would get injured in a gust of wind.
                                        Alan Sugar is meant to tear him a new arsehole in his book.Questioning his injuries and the treatment he was recieveing. I have a mate who was on the books @ spurs @ the start of the noughties and he said that Anderton was the most hated squad member at spurs. He also said that he was the biggest prick imaginable.

Comment

There's a cause on Facebook called "Do Not Touch Child Benefit"

Does that mean I get some money from the government for refraining from touching children?
                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Hey Solksjaer, take a look at the ancient Chelsea lineup tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              you need to have a phone line for multi room viewing - its to stop you getting 2 boxes at the multi room rate and giving one to your neighbour (pretty much just guarantees sky get more money)

anyway if you want more than 1 box you need a phone line
                                              Is everyone just talking about the phone line to annoy me?

Comment

Is everyone just talking about the phone line to annoy me?
                                                Don't think you really need the phone line

Comment

There has been no phone line into either of my boxes since they were put in a year ago, but they did run cables to each.

Comment

Hey Solksjaer, take a look at the ancient Chelsea lineup tonight!
                                                    Bello good team

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                      Bello good team
                                                      lol, what do you honestly expect?

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

There's a classical song stuck in my head and i am going out of mind trying to remember back to music class and the name of the damn thing.. i need help!! the lead instrument plying the melody is flute i think.. happy song so it's major i presume.. the melody line is 5 descending notes like a scale with 2 notes coming back up at the end of each line.. completely vague question i know lol

Comment

Fucking Doyle Brunson sicko here, guy was 16/12 over a decent sample. Was calling preflop for the set value

$0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
                                                            6 Players
                                                            Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
                                                            UTG ($433.05)
                                                            UTG+1 ($88.70)
                                                            Hero ($224.65)
                                                            BTN ($66.20)
                                                            SB ($277.20)
                                                            BB ($253.70)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: Q:heart:
                                                            UTG raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7.50, BTN calls $7.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $22.50, UTG folds, Hero calls $15, BTN calls $15

Flop: Q:spade: 3:spade: 10:heart: ($70, 3 players)
                                                            BB bets $21.50, Hero raises to $50, BTN folds, BB goes all-in $231.20, Hero calls $152.15

Turn: 6:spade: ($503.35, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 4:club: ($503.35, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $503.35
                                                            BB shows
                                                            2:spade: 10:spade:
                                                            Hero shows
                                                            Q:diamond: Q:heart:

BB wins $500.35 (net +$246.65)

UTG lost $2
                                                            Hero lost $224.65
                                                            BTN lost $22.50

Comment

LOL's , My son just said that there is a Live Aid concert being held at christmass in Ethiopia to raise money for ireland.

Comment

How has Phil Babb got no mention in this soccer draft

Comment

Could probably pick a few teams that could compete, but sure here goes anyway

david seaman
                                                                  ashley cole
                                                                  john terry
                                                                  tony adams
                                                                  denis irwin
                                                                  david beckham
                                                                  roy keane
                                                                  bryan robson
                                                                  ryan giggs
                                                                  alan shearer
                                                                  kenny daglish
                                                                  bench- just 1 for each area, ian rush, paul scholes, gary pallister and neville southall

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                    Probably to do with his inability to play football to a decent level

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                      Easy for people to forget his roots since he is so convincing as a poker god.

Comment

not to scare what remains of the shite out of you but have a look at this

As you know, I've been talking about this for a few weeks, big difference between a random lunatic on the internet (i.e. me ) and one of the most prominent men in world finance though. I've also been making the Argentine comparison.

money quote:

What you advise your sister in Ireland now is that you’d say take your money out of an Irish bank and put it in another bank headquartered elsewhere,” El-Erian said. “That’s what happened in Argentina and in emerging economies. People worry about their savings

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/el-er...#ixzz168q3DmMq
                                                                        and fucking Cowen pricks around. Resign now you fat drunk.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by cuterob View Post
                                                                          There's a classical song stuck in my head and i am going out of mind trying to remember back to music class and the name of the damn thing.. i need help!! the lead instrument plying the melody is flute i think.. happy song so it's major i presume.. the melody line is 5 descending notes like a scale with 2 notes coming back up at the end of each line.. completely vague question i know lol
                                                                          midomi.com find and discover music and people. Use your voice to instantly connect to your favorite music, and to a community of people that share your musical interests. Sing your own versions, listen to voices, see pictures, rate singers, send messages, buy music
                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

We need a El-Erian smiley

Comment

Savage week

On da plus side just shipped a $5 "Tilt Control" 6max sng, went allin for everyone of the 14 hands and won them all bar 1, wasnt called much mind but I would say Ive won back all the run bad I lost above

Comment

We need a El-Erian smiley
                                                                                Here:

Comment

in other news, 'rebel' FF TDs make tit of themselves

talk big in the morning and then do nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

lol, I was listening to (TD) talking on Newstalk this morning, and wondering if he'd go on your list or would he get a pass cause of danutpeddlar
                                                                                    Last edited by KevIRL; 23-11-10, 21:23.

Comment

I just rang and advised my sister to take her money out of an Irish bank. She replied "fcuk off are you drunk".

Comment

Oh wise Raoul. Why do you want Cowen to resign now? Do you not think that if the Government collaspse we'll be far worse off? FG and Labour won't have the balls to implement a strict budget that is required so Cowen staying on and letting him butcher everything that needs to be done then pissing off is the best solution, no?

Comment

lol, I was listening to (TD) talking on Newstalk this morning, and wondering if he'd go on your list or would he get a pass cause of
                                                                                          he's retiring anyway so I'll save my bullets

probably best to edit your post; I don't think it's particularly fair as many people may not be aware

Comment

just seen this on the news
                                                                                            the whole lot of them from the top down just look very farscical now

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Less doom and gloom talk please, I'm unwinding.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                Oh wise Raoul. Why do you want Cowen to resign now? Do you not think that if the Government collaspse we'll be far worse off? FG and Labour won't have the balls to implement a strict budget that is required so Cowen staying on and letting him butcher everything that needs to be done then pissing off is the best solution, no?
                                                                                                what choice have they got? they're in a straitjacket

Comment

probably best to edit your post; I don't think it's particularly fair as many people may not be aware
                                                                                                  It's fine, n1 though

Comment

Bad week for da Gunners too!!

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                                      It's fine, n1 though
                                                                                                      Apologies if I said anything I shouldnt, genuine mistake, didnt realise.

Comment

not to scare what remains of the shite out of you but have a look at this

As you know, I've been talking about this for a few weeks, big difference between a random lunatic on the internet (i.e. me ) and one of the most prominent men in world finance though. I've also been making the Argentine comparison.

money quote:

and fucking Cowen pricks around. Resign now you fat drunk.
                                                                                                        i know you have said this before, but what are the banks to move your money to.? is the acc bank(owned by rabo) safe?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Relax, honestly.

Glynn and the ould lad would actually get on great if they met

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                            Bad week for da Gunners too!!
                                                                                                            Won't be any crisis talk though will there

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                                              Relax, honestly.

Glynn and the ould lad would actually get on great if they met
                                                                                                              my da always used to give him a stroke actually

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                i know you have said this before, but what are the banks to move your money to.? is the acc bank(owned by rabo) safe?
                                                                                                                outside the state in a strong bank in a core Eurozone country

Comment

what choice have they got? they're in a straitjacket

They'll take the easy way out and make a balls of it by making cuts in the wrong areas? Do you much have much confidence in Labour going after the PS? God forbid Sinn Fein somehow manage to get with the SWP in bizzarre 3 way coalition with Labour.

Comment

outside the state in a strong bank in a core Eurozone country
                                                                                                                    Actually, how long do Keytrade take to come back with account details et once you've sent the forms etc? Waiting almost 2 weeks now

Comment

Actually, how long do Keytrade take to come back with account details et once you've sent the forms etc? Waiting almost 2 weeks now
                                                                                                                      Waiting 2-3 weeks myself

Comment

took quite a while for the one I opened, 3 weeks or so to get all the envelopes and secure device thingumajig

plus they are swamped with new applicants!

Comment

LOL Arsenal...seriously just L O fucking L

Cracking goal tho to seal the game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X