This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boards.ie, now yer droolin more like.

Its just as patriotic to shop in the North apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

Don't mind me. I just hold a grudge that powerlifting isn't in the olympics.
      tbh I was trying to be ironic as I'm sure that's not the joke but w/e it backfired.

See y'all later
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        boards.ie, now yer droolin more like.

Its just as patriotic to shop in the North apparently.
        same country dont you know...

Comment

Happy birthday emmet.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Happy birthday emmet.
            +1
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                I can give you my login if you want, return as a mod!
                haha I'd love to be in the mod forum there to witness the carnage if that happened.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlfeuky0pjE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                    Labour court i should have said!
                    Yeah you should have! I was imagining some containers full of illegal immigrants( lol wireaments me)
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

obviously i havn't a clue about omaha
                      but everyone seems to be getting great results around here lately playing it so i decided i would try it

lol rungoodaments

Full Tilt, PL Omaha Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 9 Players
                      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: 4,380
                      UTG+1: 1,920
                      UTG+2: 3,225
                      MP1: 4,260
                      MP2: 1,245
                      CO: 3,000
                      BTN: 2,865
                      SB: 3,045
                      Hero (BB): 2,940

Pre-Flop: (45) T Q 4 Q dealt to Hero (BB)
                      4 folds, MP2 raises to 60, CO calls 60, 2 folds, Hero raises to 255, MP2 calls 195, CO calls 195

Flop: (780) Q T A (3 Players)
                      Hero bets 390, MP2 raises to 990 and is All-In, CO raises to 2,745 and is All-In, Hero calls 2,295 and is All-In

Turn: (7,140) 2 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (7,140) T (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 7,140 Pot
                      MP2 showed 2 T 3 A and LOST (-1,245 NET)
                      CO showed 2 J K A and LOST (-2,940 NET)
                      Hero showed T Q 4 Q and WON 7,140 (+4,230 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Comment

Had to boot up my old laptop there for nearly the first time this year, it is infuriatingly slow but it made me think of the possible advantages of having it being somewhat useable. I reckon I might format it. It has a copy of Winsows Vista on it but god only knows where the CD is for that now...Is there any way to get Vista back on it after the format without having to go and buy another CD, or is the best option to put some form of Linux on there?
                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                            Had to boot up my old laptop there for nearly the first time this year, it is infuriatingly slow but it made me think of the possible advantages of having it being somewhat useable. I reckon I might format it. It has a copy of Winsows Vista on it but god only knows where the CD is for that now...Is there any way to get Vista back on it after the format without having to go and buy another CD, or is the best option to put some form of Linux on there?
                            Just download an uncracked version and use your key. It should be on a sticker under the laptop.
                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Boston v Miami opening night rematch on tonight in the NBA. Should be good.

Plus the Ravens @ Falcons in the NFL. Thursday night football seems a bit weird when it's not thanksgiving. Must be a nightmare for the coaches and players being on a short week in terms of planning and recovery.

Comment

Looks like Ace was at it again??

Comment

Got some potentially interesting news there earlier before the flight.

Had mentioned on here a few weeks ago about trying to get funding for a proposal sent to the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) to give 300 Preston kids pocket money for 15 weeks, and then give different groups of them different incentives to save and see what works best.

Apparently they've got back to us saying they are 'favourably disposed, but need more info'.

Now that only gets us an entrance, but kind of wow imo! I mean, even the likes of Oxford would have to bust their balls to get FSA funding. Not that its in the bag yet, by any means, but...!

I just think they are rewarding the extreme craziness of the idea (ala Dave Gorman Genius) - and with that in mind, just want to take this moment to say 'thank you drugs, thank you!'
                                  You sure this isnt your Nigerian friend stringing you along?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                    Just download an uncracked version and use your key. It should be on a sticker under the laptop.
                                    That's shockingly simple...Cheers
                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

'thank you drugs, thank you!'
                                      I always found that the phrase "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems" would make alot more sense if the word drugs was used instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                        obviously i havn't a clue about omaha
                                        but everyone seems to be getting great results around here lately playing it so i decided i would try it

lol rungoodaments

Full Tilt, PL Omaha Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 9 Players
                                        LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: 4,380
                                        UTG+1: 1,920
                                        UTG+2: 3,225
                                        MP1: 4,260
                                        MP2: 1,245
                                        CO: 3,000
                                        BTN: 2,865
                                        SB: 3,045
                                        Hero (BB): 2,940

Pre-Flop: (45) T Q 4 Q dealt to Hero (BB)
                                        4 folds, MP2 raises to 60, CO calls 60, 2 folds, Hero raises to 255, MP2 calls 195, CO calls 195

Flop: (780) Q T A (3 Players)
                                        Hero bets 390, MP2 raises to 990 and is All-In, CO raises to 2,745 and is All-In, Hero calls 2,295 and is All-In

Turn: (7,140) 2 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (7,140) T (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 7,140 Pot
                                        MP2 showed 2 T 3 A and LOST (-1,245 NET)
                                        CO showed 2 J K A and LOST (-2,940 NET)
                                        Hero showed T Q 4 Q and WON 7,140 (+4,230 NET)
                                        Stuff like that makes me cry, just wait for the downturn, my graph obv small sample size, but that guy doing trying to win 100 buyins in a month - see the graph a few pages back - fairly sick.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                          only a few hours late posting that up - wp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                            Stuff like that makes me cry, just wait for the downturn, my graph obv small sample size, but that guy doing trying to win 100 buyins in a month - see the graph a few pages back - fairly sick.
                                            Emmet:
                                            SPOILER

Comment

I just won a $60 stt satt for FTOPS $322 6 max turbo shootout.

My initial intention in playing these are just to stockpile tournie $ as the're quite soft, but after a week running horribly, my mojo seems to be working tonight in my other games so fk it i'll have a hop off it.

Anyone else in?
                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                That's pretty sick. lol at sitting with your entire roll at a HU sng and assuming it 'wont fill', show some common sense for the love of god.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

My initial intention in playing these are just to stockpile tournie $ as the're quite soft, but after a week running horribly, my mojo seems to be working tonight in my other games so fk it i'll have a hop off it.

Anyone else in?
                                                  Nice one what time does that kick off at? gl
                                                  You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                    Amc confirmed it is cancelling rubicon. actually liked the show a lot but alas not meant to be obviously
                                                    sucky
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                      Nice one what time does that kick off at? gl

Starts at 11. Only have to win 4 stts on the bounce to win it, piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                        Genuine question tbf..

I know he can be a bit of a WUM but I've never seen him do anything too far out of line. I'm open to be corrected on that but just thought I'd ask.

Edit: Ah I see I've been levelled..

balls.
                                                        It's out. I wanted to start a grassroots campaign to get everyone to change profile pics, locations and sigs in support of Ic.
                                                        You ruined my fun
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Not sure why, maybe its overtiredness, but got a good giggle from the BBC iPlayer's volume control going up to 11.

Comment

Starts at 11. Only have to win 4 stts on the bounce to win it, piece of cake.
                                                              I actually just unreg'd.

I had a look at the payouts and they seem weird to me for a shootout.

Unlike stars the are pay jumps during the second round of games as opposed to a cut off if you win. I don't really like that, wanna just play each table to win and not have the considerable payout jumps to consider during a game. Wouldn't be entirely comfortable with that so best to just jump out I guess.

Kind of a weird way to structure the payouts for a shootout.

I'll use the tournie $ to play another ftops game over the weekend instead.
                                                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 11-11-10, 23:08.

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree with you. (but on reflection on this post before posting it; realise have gone slightly off track in terms of responding to your post, and instead used it as a platform for some other comment - my bad!)

You essentially need to do 'something' every now and again or else you become the equiv of a machine. Just about getting a realistic perspective on life really.

Been blown away by watching TV adverts recently for more-or-less the first time in three years while watching X-Factor (sigh). lol, the crap they try to sell in those ads is just unbelievable. e.g. 'your kid deserves to be fat, but not too fat - why not feed him chips that were only fried in XXX oil instead of the deadly YYY oil'.

The only problem is that you can't become too removed from society, else you become Unabomber-crazy. Tried not following news at all for a while, but just too strange to have no idea whats going on - even though you really miss out on nothing (ty Nassim Taleb)

/ meh typing this in the Dandelion off Stephens Green, trying to work out how to appear to the gf as sober. Thinking the nicotine patch / giving up smoking excuse gives me a 70% pass though.

// Also the fcking turbulence on the flight was crazy tonight.

Speaking of shit ads I can't stand the Eircom ones or Spar ones. I've no idea how people at Eircom agreed to them. They are basically admitting they hire the stupidest people in the world with their ads. Yes, I'd love to sign up to Eircom so when I have a problem with the service and ring up I can talk to a complete clown who thinks that when someone is frozen they are actually frozen and a great Dane is a dog. Unreal.

Also, Dandelion? I thought you'd be in Coppers tonight. http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/11/08/...dent-teachers/

Comment

Been blown away by watching TV adverts recently for more-or-less the first time in three years while watching X-Factor (sigh). lol, the crap they try to sell in those ads is just unbelievable. e.g. 'your kid deserves to be fat, but not too fat - why not feed him chips that were only fried in XXX oil instead of the deadly YYY oil'.

The only problem is that you can't become too removed from society, else you become Unabomber-crazy.
                                                                  A bit bothered myself about the whole not ever seeing adverts thing. Vaguely remember how they used to make you feel part of a society, ah them were the days.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBR0ybCNRg[/ame]

Lol, delivered something up to Mr Pratts gaf in Foxrock about 2 weeks ago. Still looks the same, gave me a semi

Comment

Comment

Are you going to the game Courier? (haven't followed the game-specific thread!)
                                                                      Going for the drinks anyway. May be shoving all in from the get go. Really not into poker at all anymore

Comment

Comment

Comment

Haven't been following the thread on it, but is smurf's idea the leading idea of where we meet for the pre-beers?
                                                                            It's the only suggestion I've seen so far. Though I think everyone should go to the 'Casino' first. They seem a bit concerned about the logistics of signing up 60+ new members on the same day.

Comment

Same here - just considering the buyin the price of having a few beers tbh!

Haven't been following the thread on it, but is smurf's idea the leading idea of where we meet for the pre-beers?
                                                                              The Belvedere at half two I believe.

That's where i'll be heading anyway, I might well be there on my own though!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa
                                                                                Who wants to start the drinking at 12:45 for the Villa v United game?
                                                                                There's also this suggestion for the early birds.

Comment

Will try get in early for beers.

Comment

Anyone who's not half dead or has bits of their legs in knots (Sorry Fran), should be playing the football first, and then beering.

Nothing like building up some team spirit by knocking lumps out of each other on the pitch first.

Comment

Anyone else in?
                                                                                      I actually just unreg'd.

I had a look at the payouts and they seem weird to me for a shootout.

Unlike stars the are pay jumps during the second round of games as opposed to a cut off if you win. I don't really like that, wanna just play each table to win and not have the considerable payout jumps to consider during a game. Wouldn't be entirely comfortable with that so best to just jump out I guess.

Kind of a weird way to structure the payouts for a shootout.

I'll use the tournie $ to play another ftops game over the weekend instead.
                                                                                      GL with the sats Danny.

I decided to play two $75 8man HU sats into the HU $535 FTOPS, they have a ticket for first and $25 for 2nd. I just played the first one there and finished second for the $25. I got unlucky in the last leg. Feckin AJ<Q10 aipf to give villain a 5:1 CL which I fought back from but he ran like god again. Prob leave it for the night now and try another tomorrow.

Comment

Backs to the wall guys, he's back...

Comment

Anyone who's not half dead or has bits of their legs in knots (Sorry Fran), should be playing the football first, and then beering.

Nothing like building up some team spirit by knocking lumps out of each other on the pitch first.
                                                                                          Really pissed i cannot play nothing like a good run around before pints.

Comment

Learned a valuable lesson tonight...always flip over my cards!

3 hands in to cash game it goes all in on a 910J flop
                                                                                            Im holding QQ playing 120
                                                                                            Next to me holding AA playing 50
                                                                                            Next holding KJ playing 100

Just saw the AA not realising he had bought in for 50 threw away my hand after announcing Queens. 100 euro thrown away, not been a good week at the pokers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                              GL with the sats Danny.

I decided to play two $75 8man HU sats into the HU $535 FTOPS, they have a ticket for first and $25 for 2nd. I just played the first one there and finished second for the $25. I got unlucky in the last leg. Feckin AJ<Q10 aipf to give villain a 5:1 CL which I fought back from but he ran like god again. Prob leave it for the night now and try another tomorrow.
                                                                                              Cheers caf, whenever the ftops are on, I always target the 6 max turbo stt satts.

They're a speciality of mine anyway, but they are particularly soft around ftops time. So many players who are poor at this particular format but take stabs for the bigger games.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                Lottie,I'm upgrading you to Vice President of Public Relations and Press Attache.
                                                                                                You're sacked for a start.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                I've had enough of this.

Banned.

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                Free the Homo, Free the Homo, Free the Homo, Free the Homo,
                                                                                                Until out Garlord has been set free, then let us move to here.

Er,ty.

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                Sharing with Gaylord at Barrys on Saturday night. FML
                                                                                                You lucky,lucky bastard.

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                Tournament Life Syndrome =
                                                                                                not having to go back to the room where Gaylord is waiting.
                                                                                                I would rather be up on a murder charge.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                FREE the

imo

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Icarus surely isn't banned for real is he? Is this not all about kev acting the bollocks and changing his name and Icarus doing a facebook thing?

I thought it was a pretend banning. Poor show if it's not.
                                                                                                Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                I've been waiting a long time to get rid of him. Good riddance imo.
                                                                                                Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                Wow..any particular reason from this?
                                                                                                Ty,ty,ty.

I would love if Icarus wasn't actually banned, but just wasn't posting to make Kev look like a dick...

Too sharp for Icarus though?
                                                                                                Boredom got the better of me.

What's all this talk of pre-game beer?
                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Shipped the e2,400 EMOP Malta package on Entraction.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
                                                                                                    N1. you should book your flights right away, there are only flights on Mon and Fridays I think out of Dublin.
                                                                                                    A mate of mine is over there now for the pokerstars ipt game and the emop.

Good luck with it, there's a good few Irish lads heading over.

Comment

congratz man. see you out there (that is if I get released from this fcuking hospital!!).
                                                                                                      Whats your real name so i can look you up out there?

Connie

Comment

N1. you should book your flights right away, there are only flights on Mon and Fridays I think out of Dublin.

I booked mine a couple of weeks ago. had to book Kerry/Luton and Luton/malta return as the days didnt suit and having to go to dublin to get the flight when your from kerry is a bit of an ordeal. On top of that, I booked the 4 flights for myself and Patricia for 25% of the cost of flying Dublin/Malta. Saved myself 2 x 4 hour drives (kerry/dublin) and a heap of $'s in the process!!

Comment

word of warning to any of you who plan to go to el clasico on November 28th, well it's been moved to the 29th A MONDAY.

Comment

Yeah struggling with the flights at the mo. Any ideas? 500 on expedia. Ryanair sold out.

Comment

Cheers caf, whenever the ftops are on, I always target the 6 max turbo stt satts.

They're a speciality of mine anyway, but they are particularly soft around ftops time. So many players who are poor at this particular format but take stabs for the bigger games.
                                                                                                              I might give them a shot myself. I enjoy HU and would like to play the HU FTOPS(or any decent HU game) so might try the 6max to spin up enough tourney $.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                congratz man. see you out there (that is if I get released from this fcuking hospital!!).
                                                                                                                Whats your real name so i can look you up out there?

Connie
                                                                                                                Thanks Connie. Was chatting to you briefly in the sat earlier. The name is S.. S... Hope you're mended in time.
                                                                                                                Last edited by ikilldurrr1; 12-11-10, 05:01. Reason: privacy

Comment

Yeah struggling with the flights at the mo. Any ideas? 500 on expedia. Ryanair sold out.
                                                                                                                  Connie has the solution!

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                  I booked mine a couple of weeks ago. had to book Kerry/Luton and Luton/malta return as the days didnt suit and having to go to dublin to get the flight when your from kerry is a bit of an ordeal. On top of that, I booked the 4 flights for myself and Patricia for 25% of the cost of flying Dublin/Malta. Saved myself 2 x 4 hour drives (kerry/dublin) and a heap of $'s in the process!!

Comment

Bang on your Skype Connie, if you're no getting hassled by hot nurses.

Comment

Ugh ffs, importing a tonne of hands into my HEM, and it was going dead slow. Googled it, and was recommended some changes to the postgrle.conf file or something like that, did all those, restarted, and now the speed of import has halved!

I wanted to set it and go to bed, but it'll take more than 8 hours now!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEvv63iYeZ0[/ame]

Comment

Nerdy kid is a lot cooler than he looks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X