This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
    this twitter trial thing is a joke. What a terrible judgement!
    What is this twitter trial? It's been mentioned a few times but i've no idea what it is...something to do with legal action against a comment made on there that was taken out of context or something? Cliffs?
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        does that mean there are places available now in the deepstack? thought there was a waiting list? think can prob actually go now
        Awesome, a drinking buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
          Awesome, a drinking buddy.
          He's probably not gonna bring the Nigerian lad to act as a buffer between you and Iccky / Gaylord.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            He's probably not gonna bring the Nigerian lad to act as a buffer between you and Iccky / Gaylord.
            Are you playing or does your hiatus from poker apply?

Comment

Sigh, had managed to put that out of my head

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                does that mean there are places available now in the deepstack? thought there was a waiting list? think can prob actually go now
                You'll almost certainly be allowed play, yeah. People are dropping like flies
                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Are you playing or does your hiatus from poker apply?
                  Nothing to do with my hiatus, I live in Scotland though!

Comment

Nothing to do with my hiatus, I live in Scotland though!
                    Ah...

Comment

how do I show a power point file up here

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        I just lol at what is currently happening to the Deepstack every time. People love to type "In" and post in a thread - maybe even confirm by PM to someone that they'll be there - and they don't bother actually making any decision as to whether they'll play or not until the couple of days before, when they can weigh up what their options are for the day in question.

In my world, if you say you're going to go to something, that means you've assessed your availability for the time in question and concluded that you're free.

There is nothing wrong with saying: 'looks great, like the idea, maybe in - will decide closer to the day'.

/rant
                        In all fairness I think there's a genuine reason this time - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....9&postcount=64

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                          In all fairness I think there's a genuine reason this time - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....9&postcount=64
                          They ARE being fucking pansies!!!

Comment

They ARE being fucking pansies!!!

Straight red if the ref sees it, 3 match ban now, the life ban guys are lol obviously.

Comment

Amc confirmed it is cancelling rubicon. actually liked the show a lot but alas not meant to be obviously

Comment

Speaking of the punch ive just seen it, he is a total scumbag!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CO6ymxxLg8[/ame]
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                  Straight red if the ref sees it, 3 match ban now, the life ban guys are lol obviously.
                                  Ah yeah it's a red card and a ban obv, but if you played football, hurling, rugby and I assume almost any other field sport in the world you'd get worse than that over the course of a game and not even be too bothered.

Soccer has genuinely been taking over by bleeding heart, weakling fags* imo.

*EDIT: Not in a homophobic way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                    Not illegal in that sense but will loose 100% of the time if/when it goes to court.
                                    Does not compute.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Ah yeah it's a red card and a ban obv, but if you played football, hurling, rugby and I assume almost any other field sport in the world you'd get worse than that over the course of a game and not even be too bothered.

No need for the edit, Icarus is banned

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDzVavYlLQ[/ame]
                                        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          No need for the edit, Icarus is banned
                                          Yeah but for sure he's lurking!

Comment

Conviction for threatening to blow up airport in 'foolish prank' on Twitter will stand, court rules
                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Ha class, funny how unfazed the people watching who were nearly smashed into looked.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

how do i enable the "quick reply" option? It does'nt seem to be active.

duh......sorted!!
                                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

I am by no means hard or particularly vicious but I remember an occasion before helmets were compulsory in hurling where I went to catch a ball and hadn't got my hand fully protected so yer man lamped me obviously given the easy opportunity to put me out of the game. I couldn't catch the ball or close my hand fully after that so if a high ball came in I'd just stand back and swing. Next 2 balls I swing and connect with them, he gets a nice gash each time for symmetry's sake obv. 3rd ball I connect again and this time he left the pitch for stitches. He never complained, ref never carded me and opposition players weren't bothered. He just obviously wasn't protecting himself properly.

I can recall plenty of occasions when I was 16-18, weighed about 8 stone and would challenge for a ball where the backs usually the wrong side of 30 and round/bald laying barton-esque thumps into the ribs every chance possible. Junior hurling ftw.

Also the only time I ever got sent off was U18 when I was marking a big fucker who kept needling me in the ribs so I swing the butt of the stick back at him. Obv the height discrepancy means I hit him square in the groin. He impersonates a sack of spuds, nobody saw it at all and I get sent off. Curiously I can play Junior the next day as the ref told me he only put me in for 2 yellows, go figure

Comment

Originally posted by NObrainNOtumour View Post
                                                    is there tournies on stars for fpp buy-in with an FPP payout?
                                                    i have 0 balance in account and i want to make 23 fpps more to buy something at the vip store.
                                                    bump

Comment

LOL, this is completely wrong. An argument like worse happens in other sports, is just LOL.

It's a punch, which is bad, but it's a completely cheap shot which is worse, and then he tries to cover it up after by claiming he only pushed him. It's such a scumbag, cowardly act too. It's even sadder as he's having such a good season and seemed to have calmed down a bit, but this is indefensible.

Honestly he should be at least a 12 game ban.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                        LOL, this is completely wrong. An argument like worse happens in other sports, is just LOL.
                                                        It's not LOL at all - it highlights the fact that, in reality, stuff like this happens in physical contact, competitive sports everywhere, and shows this:

It's a punch, which is bad, but it's a completely cheap shot which is worse, and then he tries to cover it up after by claiming he only pushed him. It's such a scumbag, cowardly act too. It's even sadder as he's having such a good season and seemed to have calmed down a bit, but this is indefensible.

Honestly he should be at least a 12 game ban.
                                                        For the type of pansy bullshít that has made soccer such a poofter's game.

It's a fuckin dig in the ribs - it's a red card, a couple of games off, no big deal. Soccer fans red top style over-dramatics FTL.

Comment

Icarus surely isn't banned for real is he? Is this not all about kev acting the bollocks and changing his name and Icarus doing a facebook thing?

I thought it was a pretend banning. Poor show if it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                            Icarus surely isn't banned for real is he? Is this not all about kev acting the bollocks and changing his name and Icarus doing a facebook thing?

I thought it was a pretend banning. Poor show if it's not.
                                                            I've been waiting a long time to get rid of him. Good riddance imo.

Comment

also lol wimmin.

Comment

I've been waiting a long time to get rid of him. Good riddance imo.
                                                                Wow..any particular reason from this?
                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I would love if Icarus wasn't actually banned, but just wasn't posting to make Kev look like a dick...

Too sharp for Icarus though?

Comment

also lol wimmin.
                                                                    I am just a nice person

And stfu Kevin Ireland

Comment

I would love if Icarus wasn't actually banned, but just wasn't posting to make Kev look like a dick...

Too sharp for Icarus though?
                                                                      That's what I thought was going on and he just had his tagline changed for the lolz

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                        Wow..any particular reason from this?
                                                                        lolz.

Come on ffs.

Comment

It's not LOL at all - it highlights the fact that, in reality, stuff like this happens in physical contact, competitive sports everywhere, and shows this:

It's a fuckin dig in the ribs - it's a red card, a couple of games off, no big deal. Soccer fans red top style over-dramatics FTL.
                                                                          I agree with you to an extent, its just that it's Joey Barton who happens to be a sumbag anyway. Also some games allow for more physicality, modern soccer doesnt.
                                                                          Joey belongs in the 70s where hooligans abound off and on the pitch.

Comment

lolz.

Come on ffs.
                                                                            Boo Kev, you gave in too quick. I was enjoying the charade.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

lolz.

Come on ffs.
                                                                              Genuine question tbf..

I know he can be a bit of a WUM but I've never seen him do anything too far out of line. I'm open to be corrected on that but just thought I'd ask.

Edit: Ah I see I've been levelled..
                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

There should probably be some competition of some sort to have IcarusGaylord unbanned. The winner can pick his new username and tagline etc

Comment

If it was any other player I would agree with you but Barton is the scumiest racist little cowardly cnut going. This is a guy who put a cigar out in the face of a 15 year old youth team player at a Christmas party, left another player with serious concussion after a training ground attack, and lucky not to kill another man in a drunken attack outside a Mcdonalds, hit him around twenty times in the head.

So he's proven time and time again that he's clearly not in control of his aggression, and thus is a clear threat to players. It only takes one punch in the right place to cause serious brain damage to someone. I'd be handing a long ban to him.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

There should probably be some competition of some sort to have IcarusGaylord unbanned. The winner can pick his new username and tagline etc
                                                                                    no takers on my plan to return to boards, loyal fuckers

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      no takers on my plan to return to boards, loyal fuckers
                                                                                      Kinetic awaits with open arms

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Boo Kev, you gave in too quick. I was enjoying the charade.
                                                                                        Ah I know Conor, but sure how can anyone take one of my random bannings seriously. Gill I understand, being female and all, but didnt want to let poor sligboi show himself up any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                          Does not compute.
                                                                                          Labour court i should have said!

Comment

Ah I know Conor, but sure how can anyone take one of my random bannings seriously. Gill I understand, being female and all, but didnt want to let poor sligboi show himself up any further.
                                                                                            Leave me alone please To show you how serious I am here's a pic of me looking sad
                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

You never know with that Llyod one, he is lethal with the ban hammer. Sometimes it doesn't take much

Comment

its even WINDIER than Cheyrl Cole tonight. I'd say Icarus is hiding under the bed with his poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                  This is a guy who put a cigar out in the eye of a 15 year old youth team player at a Christmas party,
                                                                                                  FYP. You underestimated just how much a scumbag he is.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDGK_UjfFI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                      I just lol at what is currently happening to the Deepstack every time. People love to type "In" and post in a thread - maybe even confirm by PM to someone that they'll be there - and they don't bother actually making any decision as to whether they'll play or not until the couple of days before, when they can weigh up what their options are for the day in question.

In my world, if you say you're going to go to something, that means you've assessed your availability for the time in question and concluded that you're free.

There is nothing wrong with saying: 'looks great, like the idea, maybe in - will decide closer to the day'.

/rant

posted this in the Deepstack boards game...
                                                                                                      Still think this will get 80 + even with all the wusses/big girls blouses dropouts

Thanks in advance to Barrys for putting this game on.....

I would encourage any IPB players who can make it to go to Vegas Nights Monthly game the next day in Barrys... It is a great game, and it would be a good gesture to the lads.....

100% agree with you Lloyd... people see a list and immediately say, put me down

Anyway it will be a good day of cards, regardless
                                                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

This Irish "The Hills" is funny.

Comment

This Irish "The Hills" is funny.
                                                                                                          Makes the roaring twenties look like frasier. It is hysterically bad.

Comment

Pretty amazing 90 minutes of TV to be fair on RTE2.

Fade Street, Living With Lucy with Crystal Swing, and some new dating show One Night Stand.

Nearly worth staying in for.

Comment

Leave me alone please To show you how serious I am here's a pic of me looking sad
                                                                                                              If there's one thing that really iritates me, it's incorrect info under one of those kind of pictures. I know it shouldn't but I can't help it lol.

(1) There's no such thing as an Olympic powerlifter although it would be cool if there was.
                                                                                                              (2) The majority of powerlifters are under 6ft.

/pedantism

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                                If there's one thing that really iritates me, it's incorrect info under one of those kind of pictures. I know it shouldn't but I can't help it lol.

(1) There's no such thing as an Olympic powerlifter although it would be cool if there was.
                                                                                                                (2) The majority of powerlifters are under 6ft.

/pedantism
                                                                                                                That's the joke!!

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

That's the joke!!

Its awful when you have to spell stuff out, eh sligboi?

Comment

Its awful when you have to spell stuff out, eh sligboi?
                                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

That's the joke!!

Don't mind me. I just hold a grudge that powerlifting isn't in the olympics.

Comment

Pretty amazing 90 minutes of TV to be fair on RTE2.

Fade Street, Living With Lucy with Crystal Swing, and some new dating show One Night Stand.

Nearly worth staying in for.
                                                                                                                        I actually can't wait to see One Nigh Stand next week as I'd know all the girls and one of the lads I played football with is on it. They are going to get a serious ribbing.

Fuck RTE and it's original TV. I am going for a few pints with the ould lad to see this guy play:
                                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grwsvqCkZkM[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X