X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
      Ah I guess you know of Them Crooked Vultures so, was going to post them too. Don't really have anything particularly obscure that I'd listen to off hand.
      This is new to me. I approve of them so far as of the first 25 seconds of Caligulove

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        This is new to me. I approve of them so far as of the first 25 seconds of Caligulove
        Josh Homme of QOTSA, John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin and Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters/Nirvana. A true modern supergroup imo.

Speaking of supergroups, this is probably my favourite one of all time: The Travelling Wilburys. The lineup will never be surpassed, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ89HHSq9b8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ispk94iPJfU[/ame]

With that I better go out and get a few pints in, it's late enough already.

Comment

Yes, if you're a fan of most of the work josh homme does, you will like them.

Comment

I'm on an FLC kick at the moment. Their second album is very rocky.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mhaRim7LMQ[/ame]
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              Ever try play Rugby yourself?

well he's fat enough & useless enough so could be a good prospect

Comment

Need recommendations for some good rock music.

A la Thin Lizzy, Neil Young, Rory Gallagher kind of stuff. Would like to listen to an album I've never heard of before and am putting my trust in BBV (- Sloth)
                You might like the more recent Incubus stuff.
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APB--jqS5oA[/ame]

Comment

Comment

I love good covers of songs.

This is an outrageously gay cover of a fantastic song. But he "Mayer'ed" it so full marks!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wJ-VPqFzy0[/ame]

Comment

Into The Wild on Ch4 at the moment is a fantastic film.

Opr

Comment

^^ +1

Hitchhiker don't watch it though, I have a feeling we'd lose you to the road

Comment

The walking dead is pretty good, cant see it lasting for long though as a series, that chich from prison break is in it too

Comment

Comment

TYVM Spurs.

LOL Arsenal.
                              LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                Eastbound and Down second series - such a good start
                                Yeah its brilliant there is some cracking episodes ahead been awhile since I watched season 1 will have to go over it again

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                The walking dead is pretty good, cant see it lasting for long though as a series, that chich from prison break is in it too
                                Season 1 is only 6 episodes long, I dont see AMC as flogging this out too long, maybe 12-16 episodes in season 2 and then wrap it up in 3 seasons is my hope.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

So I should check out Eastbound and Down then by the sounds of things?

Comment

Having a fucking mare with my electronics at the moment reconnected my bluray after having it in the sitting room and it wont recognise on my tv in my bedroom, bollox.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      So I should check out Eastbound and Down then by the sounds of things?
                                      Big thumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        Into The Wild on Ch4 at the moment is a fantastic film.

Opr
                                        Such a good movie + the soundtrack is amazing.

Comment

Ship the 5k gtd for $1600 whoop whoop - and somehow 3rd in another 5k gtd for $600 when I had horrifically been decimated to 1.5bbs with 40 players left. First tourney I've won in ages. Felt fucking good

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) (t296788)
                                          SB (t285212)

Hero's M: 32.98

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8
                                          SB bets t15000, Hero raises t290188, SB calls t266612

Flop: (t569224) K, Q, 2 (2 players)

Turn: (t569224) 6 (2 players)

River: (t569224) K (2 players)

Total pot: t569224

Results:
                                          SB had 7, A (one pair, Kings).
                                          Hero had 8, 8 (two pair, Kings and eights).
                                          Outcome: Hero won t570424

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-11-10, 00:57.

Comment

Good documentary about copyright laws and the future of music in general, with Girl Talk as the main focus.

1h30m
                                              eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                Such a good movie + the soundtrack is amazing.
                                                Forgotten how good the soundtrack is, so fuckin good.

Second episode of Misfits was great, director is destined for greatness. Some of the camera work and scenes were amazing. It had one of the best depictions of being off you tits in a nightclub I have seen on a TV show.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                                                  Good documentary about copyright laws and the future of music in general, with Girl Talk as the main focus.

1h30m
                                                  Cheers bookmarked for later.

Comment

Forgotten how good the soundtrack is, so fuckin good.

Second episode of Misfits was great, director is destined for greatness. Some of the camera work and scenes were amazing. It had one of the best depictions of being off you tits in a nightclub I have seen on a TV show.

Opr
                                                    Ive never seen Misfits any use?

Comment

I loved the police and Sting is brilliant. Whatever your feelings about Craig David, their TOTP performance was pretty cool.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLFF2P8fInI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf3Y7WqYkos[/ame]
                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Pretty sure you would love it. It started off a little dodgy but has gone on to be great and so far with only two episodes down season 2 is amazing. Jonathon Ross has been waxing lyrical about it for a while now.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                          Blakroc IMO

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtWNDI_EOI[/ame]

Comment

Well I like them

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kYUaEm-H9I[/ame]
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDG1Sr8Lv7I[/ame]
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlQpQ33zBkk[/ame]
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RGuhgS9dDk[/ame]

Simon Cowell apparently doesn't
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nI1vsaPQHE[/ame]

Comment

Lloyd is trolling you all when it comes to football. I hope.
                                                              Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Pretty sure those Lloyd posts were levels lads.

He has a record of trolling soccer forums as well.
                                                              Lads:

I really only post straight up on matters Liverpool related. Most everything else should be taken with a pinch of salt.
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Lads I'm in Coppers and badly stuck for some Class A due to lack of local knowledge....

Suggestions???

Comment

Worse than Rosenthal!
                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9HK__Panhg[/ame]

Comment

Pretty sure you would love it. It started off a little dodgy but has gone on to be great and so far with only two episodes down season 2 is amazing. Jonathon Ross has been waxing lyrical about it for a while now.

Opr
                                                                    I generally like Chanel4/E4 programming but with the likes of Skins I enjoyed it for like 1 episode and although I think the Inbetweeners is ok I dont see all the love I get so I never bothered with Misfits.

Some superheroes thing? See there is only 6 episodes in season 1 how long is each episode?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-11-10, 02:19.

Comment

Lads I'm in Coppers and badly stuck for some Class A due to lack of local knowledge....

Suggestions???
                                                                        Lol, you're too late at this stage imo.

Go blow your nose repeatedly in the bathroom until someone gets antsy

Comment

Losing races 2 tables out for big final table stacks with 10k/20k for the win sucks.

Just happened twice to me in the space of 5 minutes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post

1h30m
                                                                              I like Girl Talk and think that he makes some cool music but choosing him as the subject when making this doc was a mistake imo. He's not the artist to choose if you're promoting the art in sampling.

GT doesn't use any of his samples in inventive or creative ways. For the most part all he does is take a distinctive instrumental part from an oldish popular song and lay a hip-hop vocal sample over it (obv a bit more to it than this but you get my point). He picks these rapped vocal samples because they're for the most part atonal and the oldish instrumental lines make you sit back and go "woah that was unexpected" and have a big nostalgia factor. It's pretty formulaic and it's not very artistic.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                The whole rugby versus soccer debate is old.
                                                                                Most people who hate rugby do so because they think its posh kids who play.

Lat year i played against Tallaght Clondalkin and Guinness which is Crumlin hardly d 4 areas.
                                                                                Rugby is growing i dont think it will ever be as popular as soccer.
                                                                                When you see a rugby player go down hes fcuked injured probably badly soccer players big strong athletes feign injury cry if touched.

And no offence finkel saw your photo i doubt at any age you were going to male a living playing sport professionally.

People are seeing through the spin that fifa do football the beautiful game my hole
                                                                                cynical
                                                                                full of cheats
                                                                                ovepaid primadonnas
                                                                                at least in ireland our top teams can compete in europe
                                                                                unlike the league of ireland
                                                                                most irish soccerfans dont even support an irish team
                                                                                fcuk england while roaring on man u or chelsea
                                                                                Solid. I'm certainly no D4 head fwiw!!
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Back to the Fifa thing I was just browsing the leaderboards and there are guys right at the top of the page with DNF % of 30+ on some of them one guy I seen had a DNF % of 41

Horrible bastards should not be allowed near the top.

Mine is 4% but ive never quit a game but I would assume its from dropped connections.

Comment

Daire, have you heard any other mashup stuff like Girl Talk that's worth listening to? This guy is pretty slick too imo, really like his album. Huge overlap with GT, but worth a listen for the subtle differences.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPxxGfNcqs[/ame]

Comment

Suggestions???
                                                                                      You do not under any circumstances leave your drug acquisition to chance. Get your shit done before you head out you fkin amatuer.

Kids these days.

Comment

Suggestions???
                                                                                        You don't want to end up like Zammo. JUST SAY NO.
                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLs0jv_Efk[/ame]

Comment

Daire, have you heard any other mashup stuff like Girl Talk that's worth listening to? This guy is pretty slick too imo, really like his album. Huge overlap with GT, but worth a listen for the subtle differences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPxxGfNcqs
                                                                                          Couldn't tell ya of any other artists that do mashups exclusively to be honest with ya but some of the old mashups they used to do on MTV were pretty cool. I'll be sure to give that e-603 guy a listen tomorrow!

Comment

Back to the Fifa thing I was just browsing the leaderboards and there are guys right at the top of the page with DNF % of 30+ on some of them one guy I seen had a DNF % of 41

Horrible bastards should not be allowed near the top.

Mine is 4% but ive never quit a game but I would assume its from dropped connections.
                                                                                            i agree i think mine is around 5-6% but are all from dropped connections aswell, people on the fifa forums have been asking them to do something for ages now and EA just ignore them

Comment

Suggestions???
                                                                                              Nobody ever answer a question like that on here, thanks. I wouldn't take such matters to PM either, but that's just me.

Comment

I generally like Chanel4/E4 programming but with the likes of Skins I enjoyed it for like 1 episode and although I think the Inbetweeners is ok I dont see all the love I get so I never bothered with Misfits.

Some superheroes thing? See there is only 6 episodes in season 1 how long is each episode?
                                                                                                Been noticing a lot of English shows are 6 episode seasons, just got season 1, 1st episode is 45mins anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                  I like Girl Talk and think that he makes some cool music but choosing him as the subject when making this doc was a mistake imo. He's not the artist to choose if you're promoting the art in sampling.

GT doesn't use any of his samples in inventive or creative ways. For the most part all he does is take a distinctive instrumental part from an oldish popular song and lay a hip-hop vocal sample over it (obv a bit more to it than this but you get my point). He picks these rapped vocal samples because they're for the most part atonal and the oldish instrumental lines make you sit back and go "woah that was unexpected" and have a big nostalgia factor. It's pretty formulaic and it's not very artistic.

Is the definitive example of creative sampling imo. Every single second of every sample was paid for in cold hard cash. And 100% worth it too.

Comment

Thats a super album alright Lloyd.

I also feel that the creativity of The Avalanches would've suited that type of documentary better. One of my first "sampled" albums. Really really cool stuff.

Outrageous video too!
                                                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpqm-05R2Jk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                      i agree i think mine is around 5-6% but are all from dropped connections aswell, people on the fifa forums have been asking them to do something for ages now and EA just ignore them
                                                                                                      I would love to see them do something, obviously they cant ban them outright because they will loose players + $$$ but something in place dock them points something anything nearly

Comment

Right, hitting the hay. Said earlier how much I love covers, would be interested if anyone has any weird/alternative versions of famous songs by bands they love that people wouldn't have heard.

I'm a huge Noah and the Whale fan, criminally underrated teenage angst band imo! Here's their take on The Smith's - Girlfriend in a Coma.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ONri7EY2I[/ame]

Copy and paste some of your favourites folks!

Comment

Apart from the partying bit, this really sums up my weekday life.

Comment

Copy and paste some of your favourites folks!
                                                                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EtQhLWDxlw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Is the definitive example of creative sampling imo. Every single second of every sample was paid for in cold hard cash. And 100% worth it too.
                                                                                                              Listened to this through immediately after posting of course (first time I've played it in a while). So fucking good:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2zf4-qbG4[/ame]

Comment

OK, I got bored and was looking for something on vbulletin, when I found this other thing. It is certainly not the most technoligically advanced thing ever, but there is now an 'Arcade' button on the navbar at the top of the page, beside the Forum Jump menu. There are a few games in there that can be played, all classics from before most of you young'uns time. Only the default few are installed now, but there are loads more than can be installed I think.

Probably not going to be used much, but we'll see I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  OK, I got bored and was looking for something on vbulletin, when I found this other thing. It is certainly not the most technoligically advanced thing ever, but there is now an 'Arcade' button on the navbar at the top of the page, beside the Forum Jump menu. There are a few games in there that can be played, all classics from before most of you young'uns time. Only the default few are installed now, but there are loads more than can be installed I think.

Probably not going to be used much, but we'll see I guess.
                                                                                                                  I smell an extra chance to gombooooolllll!
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Addicted to snake. At least this way I'm not losing money!

Comment

Lads in all fairness everyone takes me way too seriously on here.

CHD nearly crying last night when I slagged him about the boards soccer forum, Icky at me over some fat yoke I didn't even fuck and now everyone at me about a coke dealer in the jacks of Coppers.

I don't even smoke FFS!

Comment

I don't even smoke FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Liverpool 9 points from top, 3 points from a champions league place. Bizarre league.
                                                                                                                          Our year.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah but does your spar sell these...

I get the reference, but did you post because they are decent too?

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          Leprechanophopia? can't remember what else the dwarf guy was in, but it was something good. It's a bit of a class movie though! Buscemi is just an amazing actor.
                                                                                                                          wp

Lads in all fairness everyone takes me way too seriously on here.

CHD nearly crying last night when I slagged him about the boards soccer forum, Icky at me over some fat yoke I didn't even fuck and now everyone at me about a coke dealer in the jacks of Coppers.

I don't even smoke FFS!
                                                                                                                          I know you are from Tralee but everytime I read your posts now, I read it hearing the voice of Eddie Hobbs (not that you have his voice).
                                                                                                                          I also can't read anything written by Hobbs without hearing his voice reading it aloud in my head.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X