Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might be no harm if people started using something like this here on the weekends

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
      Is it windows 7 yeah? Depending on grahics card drivers etc, you should be able to switch to a single monitor display from the nvidia or ati or intel tray/control centre for example.

Otherwise type display in the start menu and you can go to "connect to an external monitor" or "display" and reset the properties you need to.
      Yeah it's Windows 7. The display is a GT 330M. I tried what you suggested and it's still not working. It's only showing 1 display connected and 1 display active but still trying to open on the phanton display. When it was full screen, it opened on the laptop, but when it was minimised, it jumped away. Any way to maximise it? Might just have to restarted and then if still not working, connect the other monitor up

Comment

OK, so I have been on here talking about the potential of a middle-class run on the banks and the fact that people are panicking and getting their loots the hell out of Irish banks and indeed Ireland.

Sounds panicky, right? Ill-informed speculation?

BoI just released a trading statement (remember, they're the 'good' bank among our bunch of turkeys).

Loan to Deposit ratio has gone from 145% to 160% (this is a key funding ratio for banks i..e they are losing deposits because they sure as fuck aren't writing new loans). Deposits have gone from 84bn to 75bn. Trust is breaking down and people are voting with their feet.

A trickle becomes a stream becomes a river becomes a torrent.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Happened me the other day Tony. Alt-Tab until HM is your active window.

Then hit Alt-Space and the little 'restore-move-maximise etc' menu should appear on the side of your screen. Click maximise and that should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Yeah he defo looks good and i'd say one of the strongest. I think Michael Johnson will do it depending on who he gets in the semi when he beats Bruce Leeroy
            There's only one Michael Johnson...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2W_T77vwfQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
              Touchdown Falcons

Nearly missed it as I was trading the Boston v Miami game. Don't trade many games as I don't have enough knowledge of the NBA. Just a few that I think the odds will fluctuate nicely plus a few other conditions. I should probably put more effort into it and if anything I'm a little too cautious in terms of game selection and getting out of the market.

Still, not bad for 5 mins work
              I really need to learn how to do this.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                Tony Who is your pick to win ultimate fighter?Johnaton Brookins is a shoe in me thinks.
                Brookins has looked great tbh, but the way this is setup there really isn't such a thing as a shoe in. I don't know anything about Brookins apart from what I've seen in TUF, but his chin hasn't been tested so one punch and it could be "all ova baby".
                Would like him to win though, hippy fighters are good craic.

Mostly what I want to see is GSP knocking the bejaysus out of Koscheck also wish that french dude that GSP brought over would do some proper UFC fights, from what everyone was saying on the show he's a bit of a beast.
                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Saw this lad play last night, excellent gig hes an amazing guitarist and plays a lovely mix of tunes in a variety of styles.
                  He's only got a few more gigson an Irish tour hes been doing Leitrim tonight , Sligo tomorrow and the Button Factory in Dublin on Sunday. I'd highly recommend him to guitar fans and those who like this sort of thing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6WXav_ZII[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jy_2oeGqpM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNpVoxh1OU8&feature=related[/ame]
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Then hit Alt-Space and the little 'restore-move-maximise etc' menu should appear on the side of your screen. Click maximise and that should do it.
                    Do this. And yeah this happens just as easily in XP or Vista, it's a problem with how HEM is coded.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Eircom phonewatch's current marketing campaign is an absolute disgrace.

Imagine an old lady living alone listening to the radio and every ad break she hears this prick telling her that 'oh, did you know that 90% of house break-ins happen when the person is at home' or 'the majority of burglars break in your front door', 'burglaries are on the rise' etc...

These statements are most likely true, but the statistical likelyhood of any one house being targeted for a break in is so minimal that it should hardly be given a second thought.

These ads frighten the shite out of people, and for a product that imo is extremely bad value.

I paid €450 for a house alarm six years ago, an alarm that has never once gone off unexpectedly. I had an eircom rep trying to sell me phonewatch at the time.

If I had bought it, I would have spent €3900 by now.

Zero break-ins in six years is absolutely standard, so why is it legal for a company selling an extremely bad value product to scare the wits out of old and fragile people with vastly exaggerated claims?

It's akin to some chancer knocking on an elderly persons door telling them they need new gutters because 'Those one's could easily fall down missus'.

I think I'll make a complaint to advertising standards.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

all kind of rumours flying about this morning, all centering on a bailout package for Ireland and spreads tightening in anticipation

€80bn is the rumoured number, announcement expected imminently

I for one welcome our new German overlords

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          all kind of rumours flying about this morning, all centering on a bailout package for Ireland and spreads tightening in anticipation

If it means we'll get more quality weissbiers then great.
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            If it means we'll get more quality weissbiers then great.
                            you have to balance that out against the currywurst

Comment

Reuters denying it now

fun day to be trading EUR\USD imo

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                Brookins has looked great tbh, but the way this is setup there really isn't such a thing as a shoe in. I don't know anything about Brookins apart from what I've seen in TUF, but his chin hasn't been tested so one punch and it could be "all ova baby".
                                Would like him to win though, hippy fighters are good craic.

Mostly what I want to see is GSP knocking the bejaysus out of Koscheck also wish that french dude that GSP brought over would do some proper UFC fights, from what everyone was saying on the show he's a bit of a beast.
                                Yeah GSP is a class act.I met Koscheck at a ufc expo two years ago and he seemed sound.His fight v GSP wouldnt be a top notch ppv for ufc so theres no doubt Dana has told Kosh to be as big as prick as possible so to build up the indensity for their ppv and from that point of view it has worked.
                                Excuse my choice of words as in any form of fighting there is no shoe ins but i am a big fan of Brookins before this serious having seen 2 or 3 of his fights. He is also a class act.Its an enjoyable season but dont see many superstars come out of it.
                                I would like the Series to go back to the way they used to do it with two different weight catagories.Season 1 will never be topped.

Comment

Reuters denying it now

If you had a decent wedge on euros online would it be of any benefit to change the acting back to dollars or any thee currency?
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    I don't even know what it means

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                    Do this. And yeah this happens just as easily in XP or Vista, it's a problem with how HEM is coded.
                                    Cheers for that lads. Kept trying this and it wouldn't work. I can see it on the taskbar and it jumps jumps out of screen. I can hover over the task bar and right click on the screenshot of HEM and click restore, maximise, move etc, but the crosshairs just go to the edge of the screen. I shut down everything i had open bar HEM and spent a few mins bashing the Alt Tab/return/space buttons and it decided to pop across onto the screen

Stupid HEM

Comment

Reuters denying it now

Looks like maybe all this focus on the irrelevant value of Irish bonds has been a move a huge currency play and we is the prawns in their sandwich.
                                      Fck them if they break the Euro, that's a world I don't want to be part of.

Comment

fucking germans hope they don't come over here no sense of humour

look at the way they killed this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN151F4ORnA&feature=related[/ame]

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          If you had a decent wedge on euros online would it be of any benefit to change the acting back to dollars or any thee currency?
                                          I wouldn't bother - nobody knows what the fuck is going on atm

it's a bit like being at a poker table with 8 locked Bombers

Comment

Serious trouble so!!

Comment

Won't be saying another bad word about one of my flat mate's anyway. Woke up this morning and this was in the fridge! He made it last night while I was studying/procrastinating.

Nom nom nom, (Goes against Keto a bit though...)

Comment

LOL this would make a cool sig

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbiSJE6Dw_k[/ame]
                                                  "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ[/ame]

Comment

I'm changing my name to Willhelm Klienz so I may become a loyal subject of the Fatherland. Although they owe us for breaking promises Joe M Plunkett.

In other news, the missus got fully refunded for the Gun n Roses debacle, 156 Euros. Cheque arrived this morning. A little patience neede.
                                                      Wonder if Ionapaul got his.

Comment

I'm sure flipper won't mind me posting this, it's too funny.
                                                        Was on a drinks table in the se last night

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          I'm changing my name to Willhelm Klienz so I may become a loyal subject of the Fatherland. Although they owe us for breaking promises Joe M Plunkett.

In other news, the missus got fully refunded for the Gun n Roses debacle, 156 Euros. Cheque arrived this morning. A little patience neede.
                                                          Wonder if Ionapaul got his.
                                                          yeah fairly sure he got his back
                                                          i sent an email to MCD a few weeks back but havn't heard a thing, probably left it a bit late

Comment

LOL speculataments

Business as usual, Merkel was just a dumb broad shooting her mouth off, nothing to see here now move along please.

I wonder how much Soros, JP and the rest of the Drunken Bombers picked up on the back of it though .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              LOL speculataments

Business as usual, Merkel was just a dumb broad shooting her mouth off, nothing to see here now move along please.

I wonder how much Soros, JP and the rest of the Drunken Bombers picked up on the back of it though .
                                                              indeed

the funny thing is that the Irish banks need this bailout desperately

the government has money in the bank (so to speak) for a few months but the banks don't. We watch and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                yeah fairly sure he got his back
                                                                i sent an email to MCD a few weeks back but havn't heard a thing, probably left it a bit late
                                                                Was actually talking about this last night on my first return to the Point since the Guns'n'Roses debacle - loads of people (from what is posted on boards) didn't get any refund despite contacting MCD numerous times, it seems that emails / phone calls are useless, my friend and I have both been refunded and it was down to writing a professional snail mail letter calmly outlining the reasons you think you should be refunded (citing the supply of goods and sale of services act, etc...) and then threatening further legal action. It obviously did the trick. I've a feeling people from boards are letting their emotions get in the way when they contact MCD and this is not helping them.

The Gorillaz did a good job in the Point last night by the way, pretty cool gig. I also went to that Met Society lecture in Wynns beforehand and that was great too, very entertaining stories from Dr. Aidan Nulty and Dr. Gerry Fleming about different situations they've found themselves in over the years of working with Met Eireann and RTE.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                  Pretty amazing 90 minutes of TV to be fair on RTE2.

Fade Street, Living With Lucy with Crystal Swing, and some new dating show One Night Stand.

Nearly worth staying in for.
                                                                  Funnily enough, I actually watched the full 90 minutes of the above last night.

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                  Started watching this 'Fade Street' thing.
                                                                  This girl is called 'Vogue', or calls herself 'Vogue'?

Don't know if I can stomach this.
                                                                  Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                  What to say about Fade Street.
                                                                  Fucking 'ell. So fake, is it half scripted or what.
                                                                  Powerful bad.
                                                                  Essentially I am now dumber for the experience.

The job interview at the start was the hilarity high point:

Q: "What would your weaknesses be then?"
                                                                  A: "Oh I wouldn't have any to be fair"

The Crystal Swing thing with Lucy whatshername was very cringey.

On the plus side, I caught the last half hour of a Setanta documentary on the Cheltenham festival which was quite interesting (if a little heavy on myth making whimsy).
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

horse racing tip for any interested:

Eyre Square 3.25 at Newcastle, should be about 11/2
                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Lads, question:

I booked Aer Lingus flights to London for the weekend of Dec 4th and 5th and will not now be heading over. If I cancel the flights now will I get any money back for them? If not, could I transfer them over to someone else?

If neither apply should I just say 'fuck it' and fail to notify Aer Lingus at all?

Thanks in advance.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Get "A Geek's Toy" and mess about with it at small stakes. The main premise is (a) back high --> lay low or (b) lay low --> back high. Some sports like basketball are just perfect for it due to the presence of momentum. The price changes by a few ticks for each basket made.

It's pretty standard to see double figure runs by one team and then the other in basketball a few times a game which means lots and lots of price swings/fluctuations. The hard part is picking the correct games and timing the momentum swing.

Comment

indeed

the funny thing is that the Irish banks need this bailout desperately

the government has money in the bank (so to speak) for a few months but the banks don't. We watch and wait.
                                                                          Wrong I saw a teller in Rathcoole with a few bundles of 20s and two bundles of 50s. Must have been about 4k all told. Where do you dream up this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                            Lads, question:

I booked Aer Lingus flights to London for the weekend of Dec 4th and 5th and will not now be heading over. If I cancel the flights now will I get any money back for them? If not, could I transfer them over to someone else?

If neither apply should I just say 'fuck it' and fail to notify Aer Lingus at all?

Thanks in advance.
                                                                            Sounds complicated.Here and here.

Are you playing on saturday?
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Lads, question:

Thanks in advance.
                                                                              Afaik no refund and 50 euro to change name on the flight if u want to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                Afaik no refund and 50 euro to change name on the flight if u want to transfer.
                                                                                Cool. So fuck them so - they can call out my name across Dublin Airport for a few minutes before my flight I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                  Are you playing on saturday?
                                                                                  I'll be there, yes.

Comment

I'll be there, yes.
                                                                                    Feeling up to that Hayes rant you promised me?

Comment

Cool. So fuck them so - they can call out my name across Dublin Airport for a few minutes before my flight I guess.
                                                                                      You'll have to go out and check on a bag for them to do that unfortunately.

Comment

You have to check in 1st before they'd bother looking for you

snap COnor

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          You'll have to go out and check on a bag for them to do that unfortunately.
                                                                                          There is no justice in this world.

Comment

Check in a bag of rubbish and bail.

Comment

There is no justice in this world.
                                                                                              You could jokingly threaten to blow them up on twitter maybe?

Comment

Folks, bit of a long shot but if anyone can help mucho apreciato.

I've been contacted by Dublin Zoo about putting in a small market over three weekends next month, it's to coincide with a fully sold out family xmas event they're running.

Problem for me is it needs to be mostly craft based, children's toys, gifts etc.. but most of my contacts are food vendors.

I have a few lined up but I need five or six more, if any of you know anybody in that line of business let me know.

Also, I'm trying to get in touch with somebody that can sell roasted chestnuts, street vendor type. If anyone can help there too.

Comment

law and order

just reading the IT there and there's a story on the second page about a guy who got convicted of manslaughter after ramming a guy's car, dragging him out, attacking him with a machete and then driving over him

the judge gave him nine years

here's the bit that I thought interesting:

Mr Justice McCarthy said he was particularly struck by a part of the Myers’ family’s victim impact statement, where they described sitting around Aidan’s body in a small hospital room thinking “please, oh please, no”.

He said O’Riordan’s actions had been “morally reprehensible” and he regarded the crime as very high on the scale of manslaughter.

He also referred to the fact that a few weeks after the killing, O’Riordan was sentenced to two years’ jail for dangerous driving and reckless endangerment after hijacking a car, dragging a petrol pump attendant along the road, and ramming into another vehicle injuring two people.

But he said he could not take that, or his string of other convictions, into consideration
                                                                                                  , nor could he sentence O’Riordan on the basis that he had intended to kill or cause serious injury.
                                                                                                  the guy's a recidivist violent criminal, surely it's irresponsible NOT to take his previous form into consideration? Kayroo?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Folks, bit of a long shot but if anyone can help mucho apreciato.

I've been contacted by Dublin Zoo about putting in a small market over three weekends next month, it's to coincide with a fully sold out family xmas event they're running.

Problem for me is it needs to be mostly craft based, children's toys, gifts etc.. but most of my contacts are food vendors.

I have a few lined up but I need five or six more, if any of you know anybody in that line of business let me know.

Also, I'm trying to get in touch with somebody that can sell roasted chestnuts, street vendor type. If anyone can help there too.
                                                                                                    My Mr's is a market trader here in Waterford,if you pm the details now I can ask her straight away.They're all in the same area at the moment and she can check arounf for you if you want.

There's at least 1 stall with kids toys there anyway.

Comment

What's the legal definition of man slaughter?

The above would not fit into my thinking

Comment

My Mr's is a market trader here .
                                                                                                        Poetic typo

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Poetic typo
                                                                                                          Feck,always get that wrong.Meant Mrs,Mrs

Comment

Seen as it's Friday. And with da aperhort jibba jabba , thought I'd resurrect these old classics, there is a site that has the soundbites of the annoucer calling these out. I tried to access it but blocked in here. Try find them for a listen very funny. Here is the text anyway, these lads pretennd to be taxi drivers trying to pornounce names handed these in to the annoucer and asked her to page them. This was pre 9/11 so I bet they'd get a different reaction these days

Arheddis Varkenjaab and Aywellbe Fayed
                                                                                                            I hate this fucking job, and I will be fired

Arhev Bin Fayed and Bybeiev Rhibodie
                                                                                                            I have been fired, and bye-bye everybody

Aynayda Pizaqvick and Malexa Kriest
                                                                                                            I need a piss quick, and my legs are crossed

Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet
                                                                                                            Aa-ooh, that feels better, and now I need a shit

Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted
                                                                                                            My colleague just farted, and left the room, the bastard

Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee Still,
                                                                                                            I got my own back and took a piss in his tea

Comment

law and order

just reading the IT there and there's a story on the second page about a guy who got convicted of manslaughter after ramming a guy's car, dragging him out, attacking him with a machete and then driving over him

the judge gave him nine years

here's the bit that I thought interesting:

the guy's a recidivist violent criminal, surely it's irresponsible NOT to take his previous form into consideration? Kayroo?
                                                                                                              he was upset about his sisters' negative equity situation no doubt.

Comment

My Mr's is a market trader here in Waterford,if you pm the details now I can ask her straight away.They're all in the same area at the moment and she can check arounf for you if you want.

There's at least 1 stall with kids toys there anyway.

Cheers dude, pm sent.

Comment

[QUOTE]Irish Times

Some management sources said the reforms were already under way in some parts of the State in relation to the issue of additional time off awarded to staff on top of annual leave.
                                                                                                                  Staff in Leitrim County Council, for example, no longer get a traditional half-day’s leave in recognition of a local regatta on the shannon..
                                                                                                                  The local authority decided to seek to end the practice in the light of the deteriorating economic situation and because the original festival no longer took place. Staff brought the issue to the Labour Court, which ruled last year that they should receive compensation by way of a “one-off allocation of two days’ additional annual leave in 2009 and one day’s additional leave in 2010”.
                                                                                                                  Earlier this year Kildare County Council sought to remove two privilege days traditionally given to staff on top of annual leave to attend the horse racing festival at Punchestown.
                                                                                                                  [/QUOTE]

Fooking County Councils

Comment

Hey all,

Quick one for yee. I'm looking to get rid of a 1.4 Petrol Golf and get a 1.6 or 1.9 Diesel alternative.
                                                                                                                    I'm looking for a car that will be economical on Diesel and reliable for doing a fair bit of mileage.

Would a Passat be my best bet?

Any other ideas would be great.

Cheers.

Comment

FYI, also from the article:

O’Riordan, of Point Road, Bellurgan, Dundalk, originally went on trial for murder last July, but when the case was in its third week, he pleaded guilty to manslaughter after his girlfriend was declared a hostile witness and was about to be cross-examined by lawyers for the prosecution.
                                                                                                                      they should give the girlfriend 9 years as well, might loosen the bitches tongue

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                                        Hey all,

Quick one for yee. I'm looking to get rid of a 1.4 Petrol Golf and get a 1.6 or 1.9 Diesel alternative.
                                                                                                                        I'm looking for a car that will be economical on Diesel and reliable for doing a fair bit of mileage.

Would a Passat be my best bet?

Any other ideas would be great.

Cheers.

I'm told the primera is the nuts. 2nd hand info though.

Comment

Much the same as the definition for woman slaughter afaik

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X