This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Yeah, you basically have to pay for certification. Could still be a crap place to work.
    Trawling glassdoor.ie for disgruntled employee comments is more fun.

https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Emp...VW20271528.htm
    I always thought of Glassdoor as a complete waste of time.

Largely disgruntled former employees leaving bias comments about how badly they were treated.

Anyone with a decent role in a company isn't leaving a review let alone a fair reflection of what the salary might be for the role.

Comment

Some of us think we have problems and some of us have real problems.

Housemate takes dump in my toilet and doesn't flush despite having her own en-suit? whats the deal here ladies?

2 of us in the house. Myself and a woman. There's two bathrooms and a toilet downstairs. She has the main bedroom with her own ensuite.

I use the other bathroom on the landing upstairs. She uses this bathroom for nothing, no showering etc. There's nothing in there other than my stuff. She has her own ensuite with shower and stuff.

Yet every day, without fail she takes a big dump in the toilet. Closes the lid and walks off without flushing for me to deal with it several hours later when I get home from work.

What the fuck is this???? Is she trying to assert dominance or somthing.

Not a fan.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Some of us think we have problems and some of us have real problems.

Obviously he should go defcon three and shit in her jacks whenever he can. What other reasonable course of action can a man take?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Or he could grow up a bit and say "Hey, if you're going to use that bathroom, please flush the toilet you disgusting weirdo" instead of whining on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Obviously he should go defcon three and shit in her jacks whenever he can. What other reasonable course of action can a man take?
            Interested to know what might happen if we escalate this to Defcon 4 or 5.

Comment

Implied rather than said in that is the hesitance because its a woman. That if it was just his guy mate he'd instantly shit in his bed and they'd all laugh about the situation over beers later - while the tumble dryer cleaned the sheets. But that he doesn't feel comfortable talking to a woman about her shitting habits.

Comment

Implied rather than said in that is the hesitance because its a woman. That if it was just his guy mate he'd instantly shit in his bed and they'd all laugh about the situation over beers later - while the tumble dryer cleaned the sheets. But that he doesn't feel comfortable talking to a woman about her shitting habits.
                Feels like he's a complete doormat and she is merely plotting her next step to crush him like a bug

Comment

Obviously he should go defIcon three and shit in her jacks whenever he can. What other reasonable course of action can a man take?
                  I is disappoint again. Missed another trick

FYP

Comment

The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp pot has already exceeded last year's prize and is now sitting at €1,450 with many entries yet to come.

No skills required. You could literally fling your flatmate's shit at the racecard and have a decent chance of scooping.

Comment

Know a good site to run a raffle on? I'm running a charity one for an animal sanctuary in Sligo. Have contacted companies and have a lot of prizes by now, as well as some more I'll buy myself, so looking for a nice place to host now.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Defcon 4 and 5 are the lowest level of readiness/aggression. Defcon 1 is the highest.

Guess RDIII didn't feel this was Cuban missile crisis territory

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            Know a good site to run a raffle on? I'm running a charity one for an animal sanctuary in Sligo. Have contacted companies and have a lot of prizes by now, as well as some more I'll buy myself, so looking for a nice place to host now.
                            I believe its illegal to run a raffle unless you have people going around selling brown ones and pink ones

Raffle-Tickets.jpg

Comment

Hope those feckers aren't going to assign the clear upswing in cases to the kids going back to school two weeks ago. Its almost certainly because the good-ish weather notably began about two weeks ago and everyone has broken.

Comment

Hope those feckers aren't going to assign the clear upswing in cases to the kids going back to school two weeks ago. Its almost certainly because the good-ish weather notably began about two weeks ago and everyone has broken.
                                cases are falling

Comment

cases are falling
                                  a rising number indicates that something is falling in the private sector

Comment

One day upswing? Cases are v much falling
                                    airport, lol

Comment

It's the other way round (descending order) but Defcon 2 would be taking a shit in the middle of her bed and Defcon 1 would be taking part of the shit from the bed and smearing it over everything she owns

Seems like a logical, natural, escalation of events...

Comment

Also, those good places to work are completely paid for - I know at least on of those companies listed cannot hold onto staff no matter ho much money they throw at the them (and they throw a lot of money at them) They are an awful bunch of cunts altogether.

Comment

a rising number indicates that something is falling in the private sector
                                          look at the 7 day average:

10-Feb: 930
                                          17-Feb: 830
                                          24-Feb: 727
                                          03-Mar: 621
                                          10-Mar 486

Comment

I feel I'd be willing to bet that yesterday is the start of an upswing. Past two weeks vs next two weeks - higher or lower?

Comment

I feel I'd be willing to bet that yesterday is the start of an upswing. Past two weeks vs next two weeks - higher or lower?
                                              Lower. For €50. The trend is my friend.

You can pay me out of your Cheltenham winnings.

Comment

Lower. For €50. The trend is my friend.

You can pay me out of your Cheltenham winnings.
                                                Done. So you are dates: 25th Feb to 10th Mar, and I am 11th Mar to 24th Mar?

Edit: raw numbers announced per day only, for the sake of simplicity?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I believe its illegal to run a raffle unless you have people going around selling brown ones and pink ones
                                                  Think you get away with it if it is a club, perhaps an internet club (instragram page). There are ways around it I guess, they can donate to the charity and as a thank you, we can do a giveaway for those that have etc.

Comment

Done. So you are dates: 25th Feb to 10th Mar, and I am 11th Mar to 24th Mar?

Edit: raw numbers announced per day only, for the sake of simplicity?
                                                    OK.

7,748 per the google stats. so I'm on the unders, you're on the overs and you need an average 553 cases per day.

Beat that if you can.

Note; I reserve the right to disqualify you if I hear of you hosting house parties and coughing on people.

This seems somewhat of a bad taste wager but hey free money is not to be sneezed or coughed at.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      May be a Lao Lao question.
                                                      Do landlocked (and double landlocked as per RD3s question) countries have any automatic shipping rights?
                                                      Like does say Switzerland have an inherent right to designate a French or German port as being a Swiss seaport at which only Swiss rules apply?
                                                      Or does it have to come to a treaty agreement with those counties?
                                                      It would seem a hugely important thing for a landlocked country when so much trade is still via sea.

Don't quote me on this but I think if you are landlocked, you need to have good relations with our neighbour who has access to the sea.

Switzerland is slightly different in that they have some agreement going back to the year dot where the Rhine River is deemed to be international waters and it gives them access to the sea or some nonsense like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Defcon 4 and 5 are the lowest level of readiness/aggression. Defcon 1 is the highest.

Guess RDIII didn't feel this was Cuban missile crisis territory
                                                        Ah should have known that, RD3 won't let that error slide.

In an effort to tie in awards, defcon, cuban missile crisis and shitting yourself, I give you the Future of Life award which Lex Fridman was talking about recently.
                                                        Its awarded to relatively unknown people who have in one way or another had a extraordinary impact on human existence:

Two of the recipients: Stanislav Petrov and Vasili Arkhipov, our first two recipients, were relatively unknown Soviet officers who single-handedly prevented nuclear war by trusting their gut instincts. Petrov and Arkhipov are by no means household names, but they may be two of the most important people to have ever existed. They each may have saved the planet from an all-out nuclear war between the United States and Russia, which would have destroyed life as we know it. We owe everything to these heroes, yet both of them died in relative anonymity

FLI works on reducing extreme risks from transformative technologies. We are best known for developing the Asilomar AI governance principles.

Comment

Used to stay in the missus' place at weekends back 20 odd years ago as it was a 5 min stroll from Grafton St. She was sharing with 2 lads but it was a kinda each to their own thing.

Anyway one night a couple of hours after hitting the hay i'd obv hit that perfect spot of drunkeness and sleepyness when upon getting up about 5am to do a dump instead of nipping the two feet across to the bathroom I somehow decided to go into the Banker lads bedroom and into the en-suite, light on and plonked myself on his throne in all my glory . The jacks faced straight out to the side of his bed and I could see him almost quivering under the duvet peeking out.

I woke up and kinda remembered it but wasnt sure if it was a dream or reality. A quick check later on that day confirmed the layout of his bedroom/en-suite and his subsequent subservient interactions with me over the next few months confirmed it.

Yeah, I marked that territory good

Comment

Squally as fuck out there.

Comment

Gone too soon. Rewind .

Comment

Nice bit of betting there Duke, money shouldnt come that easy
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

My issue is with a specific cohort of housebound patients who are unable to leave home to visit a GP surgery. It was a known issue that was raised with HSE well before rollout was planned. The switch from Astra Zeneca to Pfizer did complicate the issue but failing to come up with a plan until now was dire.
                                                                  Now I'm informed there is still no plan, National Ambulance Service are charged with gathering the names and then putting together a plan. They hope to be able to announce what that plan will be at the end of next week. So now we are looking at April delivery of a February promise.

I'm so furious at the level of incompetence of the HSE right now

Comment

I always thought of Glassdoor as a complete waste of time.

Largely disgruntled former employees leaving bias comments about how badly they were treated.

Anyone with a decent role in a company isn't leaving a review let alone a fair reflection of what the salary might be for the role.
                                                                    sold to indeed for a truckload of money.
                                                                    Worth quite a bit in the US market apparently, where yes it's another paid shill service by all accounts
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      Nice bit of betting there Duke, money shouldnt come that easy
                                                                      his idea tbf

Comment

My guess is we're going to see quite a big increase over the next few weeks and it won't be even close.

Comment

Now I'm informed there is still no plan, National Ambulance Service are charged with gathering the names and then putting together a plan. They hope to be able to announce what that plan will be at the end of next week. So now we are looking at April delivery of a February promise.

Did you catch SD on Pat Kenny yesterdy morning ? Its worth a listen to, although not if you want to keep the BP down. And today he had Eamon Ryan on who tried to tell him we were one of the first countries to push facemasks at the start of the pandemic.

Boils my piss the incompetence.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Did you catch SD on Pat Kenny yesterdy morning ? Its worth a listen to, although not if you want to keep the BP down. And today he had Eamon Ryan on who tried to tell him we were one of the first countries to push facemasks at the start of the pandemic.

Boils my piss the incompetence.
                                                                            We're in the world's top ten most vaccinated countries and we've half the death rate as our neighbours. Its a strange form of incompetence.

Comment

Looks like Hitch's model has factored in the Cheltenham effect, more going back to school, new strains and Paddy's day. Still see him as a slight dog though.
                                                                              Betting should be points based on case numbers. A euro a case?
                                                                              Last edited by Wombatman; 11-03-21, 15:45.
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

My guess is we're going to see quite a big increase over the next few weeks and it won't be even close.
                                                                                It will depend on how schools manage.

If they're equipped to manage outbreaks then numbers will continue to trend down, if they can't, then numbers will go back up.

I dont think you're gone but RD3 is fav for me especially given positivity rate has gone down to <4%

Comment

Will paint a message on Donnellys new fence for 30 quid a letter.

Comment

Confirmation that Kimmage exists and is rather nice: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-..._latest_digest

Comment

Anyone else find themselves drinking a lot less since the introduction of waist high barriers into the offie section of supermarkets- what a great idea that was- imagine how many lives will be saved . Saw local homeless guy go into to buy a load of devils bit the other day and he just turned around when he reached the barrier and went an bought a load of mi wadi. Kudos to the government
                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 11-03-21, 17:32.

Comment

Confirmation that Kimmage exists and is rather nice: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-..._latest_digest
                                                                                        when we lived in Dublin, we briefly entertained the thought of buying, we were living in Portobello at the time and went to visit a couple of houses in kimmage. it's definitely a nice area but stuck between 2 areas. the people living in the area close to D6W are annoyed with the D12 postcode as they feel it devalues their property. we visited one house on that side, beautiful 3 bedroom house with a big garden, at the time (2004 or 5) asking price 325k, and i think it actually sold for 425k (we bid up to 350k) but it was a lovely area. we then went to visit another one, cheaper and one road away from Crumlin. We went there by scooter which was my mode of transport at the time, parked outside, went in, and by the time we came out there were like 20 kids outside having the craic, 5 of them on our scooter. No issues and all in good humour but felt like a world away from the other house, and definitely felt like you joined a big community (good and bad) should you want to live there.

Comment

582 swabs today. Always very close to confirmed cases.
                                                                                          30 more than this day last week.
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            Anyone else find themselves drink a lot less since the introduction of waste high barriers into the offie section of supermarkets- what a great idea that was- imagine how many lives will be saved . Saw local homeless guy go into to buy a load of devils bit the other day and he just turned around when he reached the barrier and went an bought a load of mi wadi. Kudos to the government

And another thing people going through before you and holding the tiny little half door open for you for fucks sake.

Not quite as excruciating as the apartment neighbour who feels socially obliged to hold the door for you when you are still about 40 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Will paint a message on Donnellys new fence for 30 quid a letter.
                                                                                              Any chance you could paint a new image on his face?
                                                                                              Plenty of room between the eyes and the top of his alien cone head.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                582 swabs today. Always very close to confirmed cases.
                                                                                                30 more than this day last week.
                                                                                                I'm already mentally rehearsing my next Sunday Times topic. Risk: how the private sector over-extrapolate trends, and how that means we need to pay the public sector more.

Comment

I'm already mentally rehearsing my next Sunday Times topic. Risk: how the private sector over-extrapolate trends, and how that means we need to pay the public sector more.
                                                                                                  Just for the record; you do not have the right to use my name

Comment

Well that's a co-incidence. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be releasing this in the next week or so...

Tape 2.jpg
                                                                                                    (Improvised lo-fi doom electronics waltzing in a woozy industrial ambient haze, since you asked. And yes that is a hand-made tarot card insert. Limited edition of 10 of which only about 5 are for sale)

Attached Files
                                                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 11-03-21, 18:31.

Comment

Looking forward to it..

Ether soars after finance Prof pulls out to early!!

"Crappy luck really, would have had the deposit for a new house if I'd held on. Any tips for Cheltenham?"

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1689155&d=1615486875&type=thumb So who would NOT cash out.
                                                                                                        Attached Files
                                                                                                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-03-21, 18:35.

Comment

Mother & Father of a hail storm here.
                                                                                                          Decent covering on the lawn, looks like snow.

Comment

Hitch gets off to a flyer with 592 new cases.

Comment

Fkd up that attachment . Did some Scott and Deshambeau to get level or better big odds .

Comment

Just for the record; you do not have the right to use my name
                                                                                                                And just taking on board your solid advice from last Sunday, I also won't use my own name

Comment

Simple. P1ss on the seat in the morning before he leaves for work and leave it there.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Talking about the Jacks!. The work jacks I choose is a 2 cubicle 3 urinal setup thats as cold as a cellar on a quiet corridor and usually have it to myself no matter what time of day but especially in the mornings. Looked like it again this morning when I walk in at 06:50 and its pitched in darkness so nothing strange there. Remember pitch black and about a 10 step walk to the cubicles. So stepping in I knock on the first light in the initial step in area then walk forward 3 steps and take a left into the main area and knock on the main light to illuminate the whole area when I notice the door to one of the cubicles is closed.

Now I know the door swingage situation well enough that when unoccupied they stay open inwards and they dont close shut of their own accord. So im thinking hang on, this was pitch black before I switched on the lights, could there be someone in there!? surely not, surely not!.
                                                                                                                    I'm tempted to just gently push it to test as I step into the adjacent opened door out of curiosity but don't. But my creep radar is heightened as I know there just has to be someone in there somehow. Not a sound though, perfectly silent.

I step in to the other cubicle and lock it and as soon as i'm unbuckled I hear a toilet paper rack moving in the next cubicle swiftly followed by the sound of buckling up and flushing. No way, ah here. Whoever it was walks out washes hands and leaves. One part of me wanted to charge out just to see whoooo the actual fuuuuuk was that. But part of me was imagining
                                                                                                                    Some strange people out there.

Comment

Well this is pretty cool..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Screen one: Hancock. Just starting on BBC4. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0207504/
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Any chance you could paint a new image on his face?
                                                                                                                          Plenty of room between the eyes and the top of his alien cone head.
                                                                                                                          I can organise for it to be rearranged but it costs alot more.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X