This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

This reads like you've just come home to find two naked super models in your bed and you don't know which one to fuck

Great position to be in!
    Yeah, or more accurately - being completely happy with hot long term girlfriend, and the slutty supermodel saying she's DTF if you leave the girlfriend.

I completely get this is a really weird scenario to be conflicted over - pretty much the catalyst for posting.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

My advice would be to take the money out of the equation first off and ask yourself a few questions such as.

do you want to move into real estate, what’s the company culture like, what’s the work life balance like, where will you learn more and most importantly which set of people do you want to spend a large part of your waking days with for the next 5 years. Etc etc

obv a massive offer one way or the other will make a difference but usually both sides come within a few k of each other which has a fairly neglible impact on your life after tax compared to how much you enjoy your job.
    One of the issues is that I've clue what the answers are to those questions. Know one person at the new place she's great. I'm sure the culture is fine, smaller team in a bigger company. I'd have no problem working there if I was looking. Kinda just not wanted to mess with current situation,

It shouldn't be about the money. But most likely it will be about the money. A few K won't stress me, if the difference is into 5 figures I have to take it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I guess that's the system soccer has come up with though. Actually makes rugby look good. And cricket look like geniuses!

I'm happy for the more attacking team to win.
      I think it's fine to want to see the attacking team win, but that's not the same as them winning simply for attacking.
      And many sports do have a rule that favours the attacker, but a bit unfair to apply it retrospectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        In other news.
        Back in lockdown in Sydney, for two weeks. 30 Cases a day and they're like nah lets stop that. Some contrast with the UK. Meh, the price of freedom for the last 12 months.

Never really got the whole lockdown make bread thing, but took a notion yesterday and tried to make my own cheese.

eBVhhQY.gif
        The homemade cheese is delicious. The missus wasn't that impressed as she seen how easy it was.

The ma hasn't a clue how it's made though, so she thinks I'm a fucking alchemist

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        I think I’m turning into a Falafel. Spinach and Pine nut . Lashed a load of curry sauce on it and it was good. I’m deffo running out of ideas and when you couple this with my reluctance to be in the kitchen than longer is necessary for a proper bloke (innit) I’m struggling. Still though almost two weeks back on the veggie horsie. I think I’ve developed some kind of IBS things though as I’m up and down the stairs a lot more often.
        A dog barked at me yesterday and he looked delicious.
        Been doing one day a week on the veggie wagon for about 5 weeks now. It's actually today too.
        I'd run out of ideas it it was everyday tbh. But had crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast, obv not trying too hard today.

Comment

I think it's fine to want to see the attacking team win, but that's not the same as them winning simply for attacking.
          And many sports do have a rule that favours the attacker, but a bit unfair to apply it retrospectively.
          I'll always be instinctively on the side that plays with style and flair. Isn't that what sport is all about?

Hence Federer clearly >>>> Nadal and Djokovic.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mellor - what's your thought on McGregor - Poirier 3? Any chance of a McGregor snap retirement if Dustin does the business again?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
              Mellor - what's your thought on McGregor - Poirier 3? Any chance of a McGregor snap retirement if Dustin does the business again?
              let's hope so!!!!

Comment

How many snap retirements will that be that he's made?

Comment

Yeah, or more accurately - being completely happy with hot long term girlfriend, and the slutty supermodel saying she's DTF if you leave the girlfriend.

I completely get this is a really weird scenario to be conflicted over - pretty much the catalyst for posting.

One of the issues is that I've clue what the answers are to those questions. Know one person at the new place she's great. I'm sure the culture is fine, smaller team in a bigger company. I'd have no problem working there if I was looking. Kinda just not wanted to mess with current situation,

It shouldn't be about the money. But most likely it will be about the money. A few K won't stress me, if the difference is into 5 figures I have to take it seriously.
                  One thing to consider, and related perhaps to why you initially left Ireland I think, - which firm would go bust if the property market went bust? There's a non-neglible chance of Australian property going into a tailspin. Albeit its still a small chance. Although both are real estate firms?
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Quite a few! He's conspicuously quiet in the build-up this time though. I don't think he has any real fighting goals or motivation anymore, maybe a handful of spectacle money fights. Not that he needs them.

Comment

Can only understand half of the words here.

Comment

Nah, still has the Nate trilogy fight to fall back on. If nothing else, that's a made fight.

I'm not a fan of McGregors behaviour but his FW run was fucking mythical.
                        If he wins this fight, he gets Olivera for the title (who both he and Poirer should beat, but would be an awesome fight)
                        then sets up fights against Gaethje, Chandler,Makhachev, potentially Holloway

As an MMA fan, those are some juicy prospects.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'll always be instinctively on the side that plays with style and flair. Isn't that what sport is all about?

Hence Federer clearly >>>> Nadal and Djokovic.
                          Well No. Tennis just like football, has no style points.

So I Federer hit a close but ultimately OUT shot to win a final tiebreaker, it would be a bit ridiculous for the umpire to call it IN on the basis that he had played with flair up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Nah, still has the Nate trilogy fight to fall back on. If nothing else, that's a made fight.

If he wins this fight, he gets Olivera for the title (who both he and Poirer should beat, but would be an awesome fight)

Same here, wouldn't be a fan of the lad's behaviour whatsoever. You're right though, he does have loads of potentially outstanding fights at LW and was on that god-tier run at FW. He doesn't get much credit for it these days. There's probably a few WW matchups too but they are bad news (Masvidal, etc). There are even the oft-mentioned gimmick crossovers with Pacquiao or some other washed-up boxers. He's not short of options at all as he's still THE DRAW in combat sports. Purely as a fighter, I don't think there's any growth or evolution left without leaving SBG but that's 100% never gonna happen. Hard to be motivated to train or up sticks with so much $$$ in the bank and a young family. After 1 or 2 more losses I can't see him being too interested in getting smacked in the face. Who knows, maybe the hungry motivated fighter turns up and surprises me. However, I just see Poirier outlasting, outmanoeuvring and outthinking his way to the W.

I'm almost more excited to see Ryan Hall fight again. Such a shame he never got decent matchups and 90% of the roster is terrified of being embarrassed by him. He'll probably retire without getting any big fights which is a shame.

Comment

Well No. Tennis just like football, has no style points.

So I Federer hit a close but ultimately OUT shot to win a final tiebreaker, it would be a bit ridiculous for the umpire to call it IN on the basis that he had played with flair up to that point.
                              My point seems to have gone over your pointy head.

It's about the enjoyment derived, not the actual result. I'd rather watch Federer lose 5 matches in a row than watch Nadal bore his way to five victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                One thing to consider, and related perhaps to why you initially left Ireland I think, - which firm would go bust if the property market went bust? There's a non-neglible chance of Australian property going into a tailspin. Albeit its still a small chance. Although both are real estate firms?
                                Yeah, that's why I left originally. Arse fell out of architecture with the property crash. We survived better than most Irish companies, as weren't 100% in residential, but everyone took a hit to some degree in 2008/2009 due to the huge reliance in Ireland on the residential sector.

There was some Australia wide slow down last year with COVID, but we were fine though due to a few big projects. A residential market crash wouldn't be crippling, residential is maybe 15% of our architectural projects. With new place it's probably close to 0%. When I say real estate I don't mean houses, but commercial real estate, asset management stuff.
                                Another large recession could see some layoffs though obviously.

You never know what will happen. But I say chance of either company going bust is 0%. But doesn't translate to individual job security. I would guess it's slightly more secure in the current simply due to last in first out type principles.

Comment

My point seems to have gone over your pointy head.

It's about the enjoyment derived, not the actual result. I'd rather watch Federer lose 5 matches in a row than watch Nadal bore his way to five victories.
                                  The posts above were talking about how the call was a shitty call. You seems to be justifying it because they were attacking. Which seemed a bit odd.
                                  If you agree it was a shit call, but your saying you ok with a shit call if the match was enjoyable, then that's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    2 or 3 Twitter spat "fk you, I'm retired" types. Which is hard to take seriously.

But post fight in octagon would have a different gravitas. Agree with DP that it's unlikely though, with the Nate fight.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Yeah, sums up my thought too. He lost the run of himself after he won both belts. But the FW run was the sports highlight for me. An the Alvarez win was one of the best performances ever in a title fight.

I'd like to see him win main for the potential Oliveria, Gaethje, Chandler, Makhachev run that would see his LW run step up a level.

Same here, wouldn't be a fan of the lad's behaviour whatsoever. You're right though, he does have loads of potentially outstanding fights at LW and was on that god-tier run at FW. He doesn't get much credit for it these days. There's probably a few WW matchups too but they are bad news (Masvidal, etc). There are even the oft-mentioned gimmick crossovers with Pacquiao or some other washed-up boxers. He's not short of options at all as he's still THE DRAW in combat sports. Purely as a fighter, I don't think there's any growth or evolution left without leaving SBG but that's 100% never gonna happen. Hard to be motivated to train or up sticks with so much $$$ in the bank and a young family. After 1 or 2 more losses I can't see him being too interested in getting smacked in the face. Who knows, maybe the hungry motivated fighter turns up and surprises me. However, I just see Poirier outlasting, outmanoeuvring and outthinking his way to the W.

I'm almost more excited to see Ryan Hall fight again. Such a shame he never got decent matchups and 90% of the roster is terrified of being embarrassed by him. He'll probably retire without getting any big fights which is a shame.
                                    I think he rides this run out until his next loss, then he fights Nate. He definitely stagnated, and not leaving SBG was a big part of that. Shame.

Ryan Hall opened at 7.5 to win by submission. Currently about 5, which is still a juicy price when he facing a better striker. Insane price imo.

Comment

The posts above were talking about how the call was a shitty call. You seems to be justifying it because they were attacking. Which seemed a bit odd.
                                      If you agree it was a shit call, but your saying you ok with a shit call if the match was enjoyable, then that's fine.
                                      Well, it's two things.

On the penalty, the ref made a snap decision irt at high speed. No fault whatsoever to him (and I thought he had a good game overall, as did the guy the night before).
                                      Soccer has the VAR system exactly for cases such as this and it too decided it was a penalty. So, case closed - decision is final.
                                      The alternative view being soccer is a joke sport run by clowns who couldn't devise a fair system to save their lives.

On sport watching - it should be entertainment first and foremost. It's probably the closest thing to art that the average Joe will get to these days, so appreciate the greatest artists is my point.
                                      Your Federers, Messis, Laras etc.
                                      Professional sport unfortunately serves to eradicate the pure joy of citius, altius, fortius and lets not even talk about that old notion of sportsmanship.

Comment

I thought the penalty was a clear penalty tbh, there was clear knee on knee connection and that's a foul whether we want it to be or not.

The contraversy should be about the ref not stopping the game as they were moving almost on top of the second ball on the pitch. Think it's the first time I've seen it ignored like that, less than 5 minutes later he made the danes retake a throw-in because there was a second ball 10 yards behind the play
                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                          I thought the penalty was a clear penalty tbh, there was clear knee on knee connection and that's a foul whether we want it to be or not.

The contraversy should be about the ref not stopping the game as they were moving almost on top of the second ball on the pitch. Think it's the first time I've seen it ignored like that, less than 5 minutes later he made the danes retake a throw-in because there was a second ball 10 yards behind the play
                                          Is anyone seriously suggesting the second ball impacted the play in any way?

Again, I think that's good reffing, not bad. Imagine the howls if he'd called play back with Sterling bursting into the box.

Comment

Classic Raoul. First defending the Israelis killing Palestinian kids, and now this.

Comment

This documentary is brilliant. So so so want to go to the Azores now.

Comment

I don't watch or care about football but I was making a joke in a meeting today after somebody said football had changed a lot these days, that are there multiple balls now to make it interesting? and everybody laughed much more than I would have thought (lewdness aside), so I now know why.

Comment

If you get non taxed income, say from gambling or a court case, heh. Would you be able to stick that into a pension to invest vs traditional investing (avoiding deemed disposal and only taxing profits when you are on a lower income in later years), or is just taxed income that you can use, since it a tax relief kinda deal that pensions are about?

Comment

An ahem court case would be deemed taxable income surely, its just that its deemed to have no tax due. Can't see any reason why you couldn't put it into a pension. It is just unlikely to achieve matched contributions from e.g. your bad driver.

Comment

I thought you were an exfootie. Touchies are allowed . Not trippies . This was a divey. WTF A CLEAR PENO ?

Comment

no more quarantine coming back from amber countries for the double jabbed, just a pre flight test and a day 2 test. makes things easier, and the English will be running rampant in Europe this summer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I thought you were an exfootie. Touchies are allowed . Not trippies . This was a divey. WTF A CLEAR PENO ?
                                                          I am, and in our day there wouldn't be any discussion about it. These young whipper snappers though...

with the game the way it is now I'd expect that peno to be given 9/10 times. I don't think it should be a peno BUT in todays game with what is and isn't allowed..it's a pen.

Comment

Is anyone seriously suggesting the second ball impacted the play in any way?

Again, I think that's good reffing, not bad. Imagine the howls if he'd called play back with Sterling bursting into the box.
                                                            No, I don't think it interfered with play but the point is that the vast vast majority of the time a second ball on the pitch doesn't interfere with play and yet that's the first time I haven't seen them stop play for it.

Generally if the second ball is the same postal code as the gameplay the game is stopped. I completely get why he didnt. and agree that it was good play on the part of the ref but I'm (not) surpised the English media haven't made more of it...

had it happened up the other end they'd be claiming that it was all some post-brexit conspiracy to teach them a lesson.

Comment

Anyway, Schmeichel (who was heroic otherwise) should have caught Kane's lolbad penalty and then we could be all laughing at England's shootout elimination today.

Comment

had it happened up the other end they'd be claiming that it was all some post-brexit conspiracy to teach them a lesson.
                                                                Saving that for the final.

Comment

Anyway, Schmeichel (who was heroic otherwise) should have caught Kane's lolbad penalty and then we could be all laughing at England's shootout elimination today.
                                                                  some cunt was also shining a laser in Schmeichel's eyes before the penalty kick. really hope they catch the prick

Comment

That's funny I was thinking similar initially but goalies are always coached to push the ball away. He guessed correctly and got down excellently to be in a great position but Kane's strike was so bad. Schmeichel's dive was almost beyond the ball and it becomes very difficult to deal with. Kane strikes it somewhat decently and then it gets pushed away to the side every single time. Small margins.

Pretty much if a goalie doesn't catch the ball from a shot it can squirm into the net or bounce back for a tap in. Rule 1 is: ball gtfo of the box. The super-light modern balls with weird spin and trajectories make it even more +ev to parry/punch the ball away.

On the topic of goalies, the glaring weakness of England is Pickford. He's a disaster waiting to happen imo. Decent shot-stopper but poor distribution and ready to drop a clanger at any stage. I do fancy the Italians to do a number on England but it's quite close.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      no more quarantine coming back from amber countries for the double jabbed, just a pre flight test and a day 2 test. makes things easier, and the English will be running rampant in Europe this summer!!
                                                                      How does that work for double jabbed (let call them DJs) parents with unvaccinated kids? Leave the kids at home or quarantine them?
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

How does that work for double jabbed (let call them DJs) parents with unvaccinated kids? Leave the kids at home or quarantine them?
                                                                        Its actually a loophole in Ireland also.

You have to get kids over seven tested, but kids can't be forced to quarantine if the parents don't have to quarantine. So we're just not going to bother getting the kids tested when we go away. What can they do?

Comment

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You have to get kids over seven tested, but kids can't be forced to quarantine if the parents don't have to quarantine. So we're just not going to bother getting the kids tested when we go away. What can they do?
                                                                            It's a beyond dumb loophole. Kids don't have magic shield that prevents them from being carriers or infecting other venerable members, but sure let pretend they do.

I can never understand the sheer stupidity of government policies regarding kids.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It's a beyond dumb loophole. Kids don't have magic shield that prevents them from being carriers or infecting other venerable members, but sure let pretend they do.

I can never understand the sheer stupidity of government policies regarding kids.
                                                                              Which is why they started with vaccinating these vulnerable people, they are now looking at how to vaccinate kids.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Which is why they started with vaccinating these vulnerable people, they are now looking at how to vaccinate kids.
                                                                                They are not all fully vaccinated and I was talking about in context of travelling.

Comment

kids do not need to quarantine either if travelling with their parents (they also need to do the pre travel test and day 2 test though)

Comment

stop you from travelling? why would you risk that for the cost of a couple of tests (they're £28 in the UK)

Comment

Has anyone ever got a fitted mouth guard from the dentist for use for sleeping? I have been meaning to investigate it for ages as I grind my teeth at night.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Has anyone ever got a fitted mouth guard from the dentist for use for sleeping? I have been meaning to investigate it for ages as I grind my teeth at night.
                                                                                        Both my brother and my missus did this. Both said it really made a difference and does provide noticeable pain relief. Though in both cases they broke after 1.5/2 years (ish) so it turned out to be an expensive enough purchase. You can get off the shelf ones for less than €50, though they may not suit everyone's bite/mouth shape.

Comment

stop you from travelling? why would you risk that for the cost of a couple of tests (they're £28 in the UK)
                                                                                          Yeah, I was thinking that.

<Hitch lands in EU airport>

" 'Allo, 'allo, may we see your covid digital pass please?"
                                                                                          "Of course, here you go."
                                                                                          "Excellent thank you sir. Now, please show negative test results for these two kids."
                                                                                          "Errrr..."
                                                                                          "Please get back on the plane."

Comment

"Excellent thank you sir. Now, please show negative test results for these two kids."
                                                                                            "Errrr..."
                                                                                            pretty sure they check before you get on the plane anyway. i don't think they let you on if you don't have it

Comment

I just mean for coming back from France to Ireland.

Comment

"Errrr..."
                                                                                                France doesn't require tests for under 12s I think. Ireland requires tests for over-7s. So we don't need kid tests to go there, and we just won't bother testing the 9yo coming back as it has no impact. There's no Irish customs in Cherbourg to stop us coming back, and even if there was, its not an actual condition of travel, its a condition of entry.

Comment

I just mean for coming back from France to Ireland.
                                                                                                  i see the logic, but i don't think they'll let you get on the plane without it

Edit: just saw your post above. i'm taking the ferry next week so will let you know if they ask for them prior to boarding the boat
                                                                                                  Last edited by shrapnel; 08-07-21, 15:49.

Comment

pretty sure they check before you get on the plane anyway. i don't think they let you on if you don't have it
                                                                                                    OK Buzz Killington

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      If you get non taxed income, say from gambling or a court case, heh. Would you be able to stick that into a pension to invest vs traditional investing (avoiding deemed disposal and only taxing profits when you are on a lower income in later years), or is just taxed income that you can use, since it a tax relief kinda deal that pensions are about?
                                                                                                      You can invest money in a pension arrangement and get no immediate tax relief. You can claim tax relief in the future on future taxed income. So throw in a lump sum and get tax free growth from day one and claim the tax relief against other future taxable income.

However, I wouldn't put money in and not claim income tax relief unless I wasn't going to pay income tax on the way out.

Say I'm already maxing my AVCs and pension contributions on my taxable income and I'm going to continue to do so. Then it's pretty unlikely I'd throw in an extra 50k and never claim the tax relief because ultimately i have to pay tax on the income drawn down from a pension so that extra 50k plus growth would ultimately be subject to my marginal income tax rate in retirement and if I'm paying income tax at that stage, I'm effectively volunteering income tax on what was originally non taxable income.
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

We're just bidding on everywhere now. We have reasonably low standards for the actual places providing they are in nice areas, close to schools, and development potential. Everyone seems to be running a mile from anywhere that requires development work, so our niche has become to be the bottom dwellers, the urchins of the night, the southside scavengers, wondering how crap is too crap and is €585,000 too much to pay for somewhere with an active sewage control problem. So we've three bids out at the moment, planning to supercharge that next week, then aim to go sale agreed by around Friday 23rd July.

Comment

Mellor it sounds to me like you simply don't want to change company but you don't want this decision to be costing you a lot of money in income forgone.

I think that's a great way to approach your existing employer. I'd be inclined to just say to your manager "I enjoy working here and wish to continue to do so, however I'm being approached about other jobs paying a considerable amount more. Can you close the gap so I'm not forced to actively pursue these options?" If they don't respond positively then you'll naturally find yourself loving the existing place a bit less and gravitating to the other gig so either way the problem will resolve....
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Also, and I hate to be that guy for so many reasons, but there has been a Chinese guy at just about every viewing I've been too. Whats with that? The internet is firmly convinced that Chinese dudes are buying up all the houses in Ireland.

Comment

We're just bidding on everywhere now. We have reasonably low standards for the actual places providing they are in nice areas, close to schools, and development potential. Everyone seems to be running a mile from anywhere that requires development work, so our niche has become to be the bottom dwellers, the urchins of the night, the southside scavengers, wondering how crap is too crap and is €585,000 too much to pay for somewhere with an active sewage control problem. So we've three bids out at the moment, planning to supercharge that next week, then aim to go sale agreed by around Friday 23rd July.
                                                                                                              Doing up a place in a multi year commitment and I honestly don't think you have the stomach for a serious fixer upper. Why are you putting such a short timeline on it?

Comment

Also, and I hate to be that guy for so many reasons, but there has been a Chinese guy at just about every viewing I've been too. Whats with that? The internet is firmly convinced that Chinese dudes are buying up all the houses in Ireland.
                                                                                                                The brother sold his investment property in Carlow 20 months ago to a Chinese lady who simply viewed the house on her cousins iPhone. All cash buyer too.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Doing up a place in a multi year commitment and I honestly don't think you have the stomach for a serious fixer upper. Why are you putting such a short timeline on it?
                                                                                                                  I don't know, like my parents built 4 houses, including two while I was home, and one very recently, and the wife's father has built quite a few also, albeit in a different country, so we have a lot of family experience to draw on, and I guess a lack of fear of substantial development.

On the timeframe - we just don't care all that much about precise value. We've (now, after moving beyond the Bray saga) a defined area and that's maybe 70% of the criteria. We look up the prices of the houses sold recently in the area, and allow 10-15% on top for recent inflation, then walk the area a bit, look up planning decisions in the locality, get a quick feel of the house, and then bid. What more is there? We'll probably use this home to get experience of development and to get to the schools easily and leave it after a few years.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-07-21, 17:00.

Comment

The same Chinese guy?

Comment

This may be a shock to you but there a lot of Chinese people are desperate to get out of China

Comment

some cunt was also shining a laser in Schmeichel's eyes before the penalty kick. really hope they catch the prick
                                                                                                                        What makes it worse was that it was obviously premeditated. Some scumbag actually purposefully brought a laser with him to the game to shine in someones eyes.

I do fancy the Italians to do a number on England but it's quite close.
                                                                                                                        Fitness may be the difference. Italians looked really tired the other night and losing players to injury. England seem to be in peak fitness.

God i hope they do it though. A quiet Wembley at about 10pm Sunday would be nice

Comment

I don't know, like my parents built 4 houses, including two while I was home, and one very recently, and the wife's father has built quite a few also, albeit in a different country, so we have a lot of family experience to draw on, and I guess a lack of fear of substantial development.

On the timeframe - we just don't care all that much about precise value. We've (now, after moving beyond the Bray saga) a defined area and that's maybe 70% of the criteria. We look up the prices of the houses sold recently in the area, and allow 10-15% on top for recent inflation, then walk the area a bit, look up planning decisions in the locality, get a quick feel of the house, and then bid. What more is there? We'll probably use this home to get experience of development and to get to the schools easily and leave it after a few years.
                                                                                                                          Hows the one on Kill Avenue going, anywhere near my line yet?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X