Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“I wear a mask when needed… I don’t wear masks like him. Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen.”
    This aged well
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Completely but you know how this will be played to the base.

"See I told you, nothing more than a sniffle, no need for masks and money wasted on testing" and so on.

Fox will have a great time spinning the shit.
      I have CNN on in the background here, they rousted all their top guys out of bed for it. They are playing it pretty straight, some mild tut-tutting at the ignoring of guidelines.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This has got to be Fake News, who the fuck is going to believe Melania picked it up off him... maybe she's having it off with Hope
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Completely but you know how this will be played to the base.

"See I told you, nothing more than a sniffle, no need for masks and money wasted on testing" and so on.

Fox will have a great time spinning the shit.
          Its immaterial what his base thinks. They are his base . It's the rest we only ever have to consider . The type who just didnt like Hillary. They are more or less in Bidens court now .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            This has got to be Fake News, who the fuck is going to believe Melania picked it up off him... maybe she's having it off with Hope
            I always thought (young, attractive) Hope Hicks description as a 'very close advisor to the President' was a euphemism for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I have CNN on in the background here, they rousted all their top guys out of bed for it. They are playing it pretty straight, some mild tut-tutting at the ignoring of guidelines.
              I would like to see him ousted as much as anyone here but I'd certainly be laying Biden at anything close to 1.1

The price he survives is what 1/20? Combine that with the ambiguity around how his death could impact voting. I don't think this will do him much damage in polling assuming he survives.

TBH, I actually just hope you're right that Biden opens around 1.1

Comment

Chance too that Trump shrugs it off and comes back as the safer COVID-immune candidate

Comment

I would like to see him ousted as much as anyone here but I'd certainly be laying Biden at anything close to 1.1

The price he survives is what 1/20? Combine that with the ambiguity around how his death could impact voting. I don't think this will do him much damage in polling assuming he survives.

TBH, I actually just hope you're right that Biden opens around 1.1
                  I'm sure he will survive, but how the hell can anyone think he might gain votes?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Chance too that Trump shrugs it off and comes back as the safer COVID-immune candidate
                    Fox News headline right there.

Comment

I'm sure he will survive, but how the hell can anyone think he might gain votes?
                      Not to be pedantic but I didnt say nor do I think he gains votes.

What I think is that if Biden opens back up at 1.1 that it is an over-correction

Comment

Might have already been talked about in the thread but The Social Dilemma is worth a watch. You know a lot of it already but it does a good job of putting lots of ideas together in one place around social media and the internet in general. One thing I didn't expect which is cleverly done is the sense after watching it that you should feel quite stupid for the amount of screen time you give these companies.

Comment

RIP Derek Mahon

ET8L7rOWAAAJlwG?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

EjUJIOMWsAAUN3A?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

Biden getting tested this morning

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                              market is suspended on betfair.can still bet on smarkets but biden has dropped to 1.45
                              Pence is the value right now.
                              Reps are 5/4 but Donnie is out to 21/10

Comment

In a fit of DIY enthusiasm, the Mrs ordered a new toilet seat that has a child inner ring or something for our bathroom. In another swell of energy, he took off and threw out the old toilet seat.
                                The new one doesn't arrive until Tuesday .
                                She does not see what she did wrong.
                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 02-10-20, 10:27.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Can we make a market on what we think it's opening at?
                                  Raoul at 1.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Can we make a market on what we think it's opening at?
                                    Raoul at 1.1?
                                    Shut up and eat your dinner you

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jesus. Biden campaign literally has to do nothing except play tapes of Trump belittling mask-wearing on loop.

Comment

Trump was probably licking COVID ICU patients before the debate and his "interruptions" were just his attempt at projecting spittle towards Biden.

Comment

Why don't most cars carry spare tyres anymore?

Comment

Biden getting tested this morning
                                              For what dementia?

Comment

Why don't most cars carry spare tyres anymore?
                                                To decrease weight, thereby increasing km/l figures.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Election winning move
                                                  Less political commentary, more parrot on shoulder pics please

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

could have done with one earlier

and discovered that the 'emergency kit' had been carefully cleaned out by the kids in some act of vandalism

Comment

Tell me about it .

Comment

934 cases in NI in the last 24 hours. Puts things in perspective a little

Comment

Excellent

ejuoo7sxyaahyiw-format-jpg-name-900x900-jpg.28117.jpg

Comment

Today I am mostly wallowing in a hot bath of schadenfreude.

Got to ay that having watched Brendan Gleeson Trump last night now is only adding to the occasion.

May as well enjoy it while it lasts this knut will rise again and its going to be like a series finale of Stranger Things. Also I'm assigning a c.10% probability to this being a tactic.

Comment

The White House are apparently briefing that he is experiencing mild symptoms, which all things considered sounds pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                The White House are apparently briefing that he is experiencing mild symptoms, which all things considered sounds pretty bad.
                                                                that's exactly what Downing St said about BoJo

Comment

that's exactly what Downing St said about BoJo
                                                                  Yeah exactly. I'd expect them to play down as much as possible. Admitting any form of symptoms already... yikes.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I dunno if this is just a me thing, but I saw this on reddit this morning and couldn't stop guffawing. Saw it again just now and same reaction.

mfe5xfz9pmq51.jpg

Comment

Yeah exactly. I'd expect them to play down as much as possible. Admitting any form of symptoms already... yikes.
                                                                        Apparently he had a meet and greet fundraiser two days ago where he glad handed with a couple of hundred morons with more money than sense willing to dump money onto his sinking ship. with any luck by this time next week he will be known to all as the Typhoid Mary of our times

Comment

What exactly needs to happen in order for Betfair and others to reopen the market? Do the markets effectively stay shut until the WH address his condition or he finishes self-isolating?
                                                                          I'm not asking in order to punt, more just curious as to how the decision is made in this situation.

Comment

Sound on

Comment

What exactly needs to happen in order for Betfair and others to reopen the market? Do the markets effectively stay shut until the WH address his condition or he finishes self-isolating?
                                                                              I'm not asking in order to punt, more just curious as to how the decision is made in this situation.
                                                                              Don't know the answer but it's a good question

Like in a two-runner race where one of them picks up a leg injury a week before the race.

Comment

I hope there is a nurse ratched on hand or a large indian who is handywith a pillow, nearby for the night shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Sound on
                                                                                  Those thugs cant catch a break in parts of Dublin with the fearless ol wans. Ah heeor

Comment

The legend

Comment

Never fear, the cure is here

Comment

Comment

Betfair back up with no change

Comment

The missus gave me the heads up this morning about Trump & Melania testing positive for Covid 19 was a little stunned to see it, you would hope now that a majority of people who thought it was a hoax because of the way Trump spoke about it might not be banging on about a fake hoax, from all accounts he's tested repeatedly as are people who come into contact with him.

On a side note I watched The Comey Rule the other day and it was so so but I started watching Alex Gibneys new two part documentary last night and found part 1 really good.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Not one tweet out of the very stable genius in 12 hours. Record?

Comment

WH back up too, Biden 4/7 and Trump 6/4.

Who in their right mind would take the latter? The former is a fucking steal though.

Biden tested negative too so fistpump there. This is like the perfect negative storm.of shit for Trump this last week. Guess he was never going to go out quietly.

Comment

Not one tweet out of the very stable genius in 12 hours. Record?
                                                                                                  He didn't do the conference call he was supposed to do at 12.15(EST). Got Pence to stand in for him.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 02-10-20, 16:46.

Comment

I dunno if this is just a me thing, but I saw this on reddit this morning and couldn't stop guffawing. Saw it again just now and same reaction.

mfe5xfz9pmq51.jpg
                                                                                                    Anyone else automatically play the tune in your head after shouting PARKILIFE...

Comment

mfe5xfz9pmq51.jpg
                                                                                                      I read Jim Corrs tweet twice, the 2nd time as Phil Daniels!

Comment

Who in their right mind would take the latter? The former is a fucking steal though.

Biden tested negative too so fistpump there. This is like the perfect negative storm.of shit for Trump this last week. Guess he was never going to go out quietly.
                                                                                                        Went into PP to back Biden two days ago and was told 1/10... wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Went into PP to back Biden two days ago and was told 1/10... wtf?
                                                                                                          They must have looked at the wrong market. He was 8/15 with PP yesterday.

Comment

TIT

Comment

There is real potential for a 'death of Stalin' scenario here. Where nobody can bring themselves to acknowledge reality.

Comment

There is real potential for a 'death of Stalin' scenario here. Where nobody can bring themselves to acknowledge reality.
                                                                                                                Did you watch that movie? Don't remember it being mentioned here,though assume it was.

Comment

538 on the impact: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-the-election/

As here a lot of who knows but basically outcome is:
                                                                                                                  1. Trump gets moderately or very sick and this does prompt Republicans to think, “Oh geez, this actually is serious and if it could happen to Trump it could happen to me”;
                                                                                                                  2. Trump remains mostly asymptomatic and it bolsters the idea that this is actually not such a big deal.

Comment

I'd be holding on for his next test after the weekend.

Comment

Did you watch that movie? Don't remember it being mentioned here,though assume it was.
                                                                                                                      Yeah, it was a 3.5/5 for me. Good fun, especially with the various British regional accents.

Remember being amazed at the mind that could see the comedy potential in that scenario!

Comment

Yeah, it was a 3.5/5 for me. Good fun, especially with the various British regional accents.

Remember being amazed at the mind that could see the comedy potential in that scenario!
                                                                                                                        Liked this bit on Wiki, though too long to fit on a poster:

Nikolai Starikov, head of the Russian Great Fatherland Party, said The Death of Stalin was an "unfriendly act by the British intellectual class" and part of an "anti-Russian information war".[17] In September 2017 the head of the Public Council of the Russian Ministry of Culture said Russian authorities were considering a ban on the film, alleging the film could be part of a "western plot to destabilise Russia by causing rifts in society"

Comment

The lack of Trump tweets suggests:
                                                                                                                          1. he is way sicker than the 'mild symptoms' advertised or
                                                                                                                          2. they haven't figured out how the fuck to spin this or
                                                                                                                          3. he stuck his phone up his arse on torch mode
                                                                                                                          joint favs imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X