X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opr
    replied
    Has anyone gotten early access to Bing? I got put on the waitlist ages back but no sign of access. It is using GPT4. It seems like they have just let it fire ahead as it wants and are course-correcting on the fly as it goes. Some of the conversations it is having with users are wild

Microsoft’s ChatGPT-powered Bing is getting ‘unhinged’ and argumentative, some users say: It ‘feels sad and scared’

Bing Chat sending love messages and acting weird out of nowhere

Bing AI chat got offended and ended the conversation because I didn’t respect it’s “identity”

Leave a comment:

• Opr
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    The big discovery has been the Lidl protein lunches. €4 for an absolutely class lunch with about 40g (yeah it's grams, isn't it?) of protein. But the taste is well up there.
    I presume you mean the FitFood meals from this company? They are now also sold in Dunnes, Tesco, and SuperValu. I think they are just a butchers in Dublin that gave the healthy ready-meal market a go with huge success. Tonnes of companies have tried a similar kind of thing in the past but they have mainly done the meals through monthly orders which were/are very expensive. They have been able to break into mainstream shops and now seem massive in Ireland.

Edit - I am thinking of Lidl which does the Fitfoods, looks like Aldi has their own brand with the same kind of idea.
    Last edited by Opr; 15-02-23, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied
    Avonmore protein milk is another decent shout for post-exercise refuel too. It was around €1.50 and has 27g of protein. I used to take them after matches or heavy training sessions when I was playing hurling regularly. Preferred the vanilla over the chocolate flavour fwiw.

Hitchhiker's Guide To... you're similar build to me I'd imagine albeit taller. I assume ridding yourself of the bit of a ned kelly is the main goal. Keep the activity levels up and have a small calorie deficit in the kitchen. You'll get there man.

Personally, I hate running but I don't mind short bursts of intense cardio (ski erg, rowing, sprints). I much prefer strength training and circuits. Kettlebells are a fucking great shout and super versatile. I've been gimped with a virus for the last two weeks and January was a disaster for other reasons. Hopefully kick-starting some fitness routine for March. General strength and fitness improvements for day-to-day wellbeing is my goal. Wouldn't mind a few mph extra swing speed for golf.

Out of curiosity have you any specific fitness or body goals atm?

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by Micknail View Post
    Is bread still bad for you lads?

Bread is the greatest thing ever and toasted bread comes a very close second.

Leave a comment:

• Hitchhiker's Guide To...
    replied
    Originally posted by Keane View Post

Aldi have decent protein yoghurts as well that will get ~30g of protein into you which are great for after exercise
    Got the protein yogurts also. Just didn't want to be showing off

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    The big discovery has been the Lidl protein lunches. €4 for an absolutely class lunch with about 40g (yeah it's grams, isn't it?) of protein. But the taste is well up there.
    Aldi have decent protein yoghurts as well that will get ~30g of protein into you which are great for after exercise

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Down to around 69kg from about 72kg at the start of the year. Height is 178cm (5'11" maybe?), so I wasn't in anyway overweight to begin with, but what weight there was had clustered around the stomach creating the slight impression of being maybe 4 months pregnant. Gather that's the worst type of weight healthwise.

Switched to about 2,200 calories a day, with about 130 (in some weight measure - grams maybe) of protein, swapped out loads of useless stuff and added fruit and veg and nuts. Then running and the beginning stages of strength training.

It *feels* noticeable in terms of body tone even at this stage, but mainly in terms of massive mood uplift.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Bad is an overused word. Enjoy yer sambo.

I had 14 pints yesterday at a funeral . Ive set myself back a few weeks however this will only be a problem if i dont die today , which is a distinct possibility. Urghhhh never again etc etc

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Not if you weigh 6 stone

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Just imagine you rule out carbs, stick to a shitty 1700 calories , get the body into machine like performance levels then BOOM some disgruntled teenager blows you away in JCPENNYS as you pay for you new 28inch waist jeans.

If we had similar gun laws there would be deaths every 20 minutes . More the singular ones than your standard or garden mass shooting. I'd probably aim for the legs and miss.

Leave a comment:

• Micknail
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Originally posted by coillcam View Post

We just need more guns and every good guy with a gun to stop this .

It's sad really. I remember thinking about the shootings as a kid/teenager and was certain they'd adopt gun control measures in the states. They'll definitely reduce the chances of this stuff happening again. 20+ years later it's worse if anything.
    incredibly, the five states with the strictest gun laws, have the lowest gun deaths. who'd have thunk!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Theresa View Post

been on the bggest health buzz of my life recently. Using the theory that if I overdo it to a massive degree that some habits will just stick around. Been doing one day vegetarian, one carb free, rest under 1700 cals and working out a lot.

Never slept better, never felt better, and the added bonus of the theme days is I've learned to cook a lot more meals, lots including lentils. Mad really that at 35 years old this is something I'm proud of.
    Did one day vegetarian for an extended people a year ago. Gave it up as I felt my diet was worse that day. Things like ramen or rice with egg, maybe meat-free burgers/chicken. ie more carbs and shittier protein than other days.

Aiming for high protein, lots if veg, not too many carbs. Around 1700 cals since back to work. Down about a few kilos. Just need a bit more consistency in the gym

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied
    Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    Crazy stat. The Michigan shooting was the 67th mass shooting of 2023 (in the US) . More than one per day. The mind boggles.
    We just need more guns and every good guy with a gun to stop this .

It's sad really. I remember thinking about the shootings as a kid/teenager and was certain they'd adopt gun control measures in the states. They'll definitely reduce the chances of this stuff happening again. 20+ years later it's worse if anything.

Leave a comment:

• zuutroy
    replied
    At least 20 years since I've been in there.

Leave a comment:

replied
    The person behind the counter subsequently sent me an email with a list of five things I need to do to activate library access, so have judiciously archived that email and will keep the library's contents as a glorious mystery for a future generation to discover. Not really sure I get the overall point of university libraries anymore tbh.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Went to bring the eldest kid into the uni library on Saturday while waiting on the youngest kid to finish his class. Wanted to show her all the exciting things she could be learning when she grows older. I kinda bigged up the library quite a bit - about how many books there were on every topic imaginable. The plan, unfortunately, fell at the first hurdle when it turns out I hadn't activated my staff card for use in the library, a mere 2.5 years into working there. Cue the lady behind the counter asking me in bewilderment in front of the kid 'wait, you literally have never been in the library despite being a prof here???'. We proceeded to instead get some Galaxy Magnum's to celebrate the above 10 degrees weather (and before the kid could process all the good things I'd said about the library despite having not been in it) and a good day was proclaimed by all.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Theresa View Post

been on the bggest health buzz of my life recently. Using the theory that if I overdo it to a massive degree that some habits will just stick around. Been doing one day vegetarian, one carb free, rest under 1700 cals and working out a lot.

Never slept better, never felt better, and the added bonus of the theme days is I've learned to cook a lot more meals, lots including lentils. Mad really that at 35 years old this is something I'm proud of.
    love it

Leave a comment:

• 6starpool
    replied
    Crazy stat. The Michigan shooting was the 67th mass shooting of 2023 (in the US) . More than one per day. The mind boggles.
    Sadly it's not at all crazy as it is in line with recent years. It's absurd, ridiculous, tragic and yet inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Thoughts and prayers.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Last edited by shrapnel; 15-02-23, 08:52.

Leave a comment:

• Theresa
    replied
    Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I take from that that you were never a teenage vegetarian? Lentils were an at least 2 times a week thing for me between about 15 and 18. Still have them regularly, though it's usually mixed with some dead animals.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Occasional contender, HH:

Jonathan_Frink.png

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    Going to give this red lentil curry a go today. Very excited by all the different packs of spices. Have been thinking about lentil curry since a Gursha lunch with Sam. There's something very morish about lentils. How did we (presume its we) not know there was such a thing as lentils until our 20s.
    I take from that that you were never a teenage vegetarian? Lentils were an at least 2 times a week thing for me between about 15 and 18. Still have them regularly, though it's usually mixed with some dead animals.

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    So has Moldova been taken over by RuZZian 'special' forces? Or was it just another twitter thing, much like everytime that beloved Scottish comedian doesn't die.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Tipping Comp overlord, RD3:

500px-Charles_Montgomery_Burns.png

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Our 2016 champignon:

Fat_Tony.png

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied

Direct link for episode one of Full Swing. Good ep IMO, thought they'd show a bit more of the other guys but JT/Spieth show for the most part. Looking forward to the rest of it when it's finally released.

EDIT: Looks like Netflix pulled the video from Youtube, must have been getting a lot of traffic. Sorry lads.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Lifetime Winner of the Mares race (no prizes for guessing who):

Crazy_Cat_Lady.png

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    2020 Champignon, Dice75:

Duffman.png

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

Shocking choice. I'm built like a wardrobe and have no hair ffs. He looks more like you than me tbh!
    In that case, then you must be:

Kearney_Zzyzwicz.png

Leave a comment:

• dinekes
    replied
    Originally posted by Lazare View Post

That's fantastic, some really great tips. Cheers.

I read a little tip in The Curry Guy Bible about making onion oil and it's been a game changer, similar to the tip in that link for flavoured oil in wok cooking.

Deep fry two or three large onions (thinly sliced, batches if necessary) in vegetable oil for 5 mins. The onions can be used to thicken and flavour curries, and are a staple in Biryani.

When the oil cools store it in a jar.

Unreal flavour from it in dishes.

​​​​​​Must try that, loads you can use it in....was reading about it there.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Perennial Gallic also-ran, Shraaaaaaaap:

UgolinTSTO.png
    Shocking choice. I'm built like a wardrobe and have no hair ffs. He looks more like you than me tbh!

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by dinekes View Post
    That's fantastic, some really great tips. Cheers.

I read a little tip in The Curry Guy Bible about making onion oil and it's been a game changer, similar to the tip in that link for flavoured oil in wok cooking.

Deep fry two or three large onions (thinly sliced, batches if necessary) in vegetable oil for 5 mins. The onions can be used to thicken and flavour curries, and are a staple in Biryani.

When the oil cools store it in a jar.

Unreal flavour from it in dishes.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Perennial Gallic also-ran, Shraaaaaaaap:

UgolinTSTO.png

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    2021 Champignon, elbows:

6556012-tapped_out_unlock_disco_stu.png

Don't know why but I've always thought of him this way.

Leave a comment:

• dinekes
    replied
    OK, so how do you bed a gilf again?
    Again?

Just ask if she's up for round 2!

.....I'll get my coat
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    OK, so how do you embed a gif again?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    We shall heighten interest in this years comp by assigning popular contestants their Simpson's character.

Reigning champignon Ole:
    bbq-barbecue-homer-simpson-the-simpsons-bbq-pit-gif-5467240.gif

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Areminder that there are a mere four weeks to Cheltenham and time to sign up for the greatest IPC Comp ever. Don't be a FOMOsexual, sign up today! Note the added bonus of FREE BETZ to be handed out as Spot Prizes on Days 2, 3 and 4..

Let's face it, if Oleras can win, anyone can.

Leave a comment:

• dinekes
    replied
    For the chef's among us ..

If you have ever tried to re-create a restaurant dish at home, you will almost certainly have been perplexed by the experience. No matter how much care and attention you give to your version, something seems to be missing when you tuck in. What are chefs doing differently? Here, 27 professionals divulge their favourite kitchen trick – the one unexpected riff that keeps them ahead of the pack. “A little tip for roast potatoes is to put a bit of...

Leave a comment:

• Theresa
    replied
    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    The tug is right at the start, not where it is paused but still a puke call.

garbage call. Great game influenced unduly by bad officiating. Eagles weren't robbed because KC and Mahomes were so so so good in that 4th quarter but you absolutely hate to see games of this size come down to knees and field goals.

Leave a comment:

• elbows
    replied
    Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    I am looking for an accountant to complete rudimentary filings for me on a Ltd Company. The most basic of basic and the sort of thing I'd be hoping to get away with 500 a year for? Any suggestions here for somebody that can handle that?
    I used CCS Corporate Secretaries in Sandyford years ago. They were very reasonable. Not sure what they charge now though.

Leave a comment:

• elbows
    replied
    2BE75C51-E627-4917-9646-459E89C506DB.png Had Hurts FTD last night - Gainwell not scoring it ended up costing me 22.5k

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

a fantastic SB ruined by a bad call. I could have easily watched a OT there

Leave a comment:

• Wombatman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    I guess all the UFO in recent times was just caused by balloons.

Leave a comment:

• paul8200
    replied
    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Was at a stag in Westport last night...Seemingly arranging it so you just share a room with some other randomer on the stag is a thing? Fucking nightmare...He was raising the roof snoring all night...not one minute of sleep. Got up and fucked off back to Dublin on my todd at 7 am.
    be a man and book your own room

Leave a comment:

• BennyHiFi
    replied
    Rhianna disappointing. Lots of little sperm men running around in Michelin suits, she looks pregnant (which is fine of course, no issue with that obviously), the elevated platforms looks like a rubbish Donkey Kong. Fake band only appear late on the day - why?

Tut tut... CGI half time, probably shouldn't have expected anything more I suppose. Maybe a wee bit of real talent - you don't need to mime IM humble O - is too much to ask for these days.

5/10
    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 13-02-23, 02:48.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Bit of a miracle that the Chiefs are just 10 points behind (and with the ball to start 2nd half). Been a completely one-sided game so far.
    Rihanna time.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Was hoping for a high scoring, entertaining game as a very casual observer of the game.

Not disappointed

Leave a comment:

• Micknail
    replied
    Suberb Owl! Hoot hoot!

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    Hitchhiker's Guide To... , it's happening:

Behaving inappropriately around women never seemed to hinder Clinton, Trump or Biden's odds of winning the presidency.

Probably means he should be fav.

Leave a comment:

• Theresa
    replied
    BS drop there for Scotty Sheff in WM. Fuck that guy
    Last edited by Theresa; 12-02-23, 22:34.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Hitchhiker's Guide To... , it's happening:

Mr. Trump had insinuated on social media that Mr. DeSantis behaved inappropriately with high school girls while he was a teacher in his early 20s.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    The trainer, the mare and a horror story that shames horse racing

Five years ago, on a summer’s afternoon in July 2018, Homer Scott made the five-minute drive from his home in Co Kildare to meet a journalist from The Irish Field at the Kilkea Castle hotel and golf resort. The venue was his idea. He’d taken the call the day before and had suggested lunch at the golf club, where he was a former captain and president.

Rotten stuff

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Gutted I wasn't there for the game. Fantastic game of rugby regardless of the result. One try should have been disallowed, and one red card should have been dealt. In a way, I'm actually glad that we lost, i hate huge win streaks like that, and losing puts us imo in a better place going forward. Scotland are going to be a good challenge for both of us, so it makes it a great tournament.

In terms of world cup, gotta love the fact that your qf is france or nz, and that's one hell of a challenge to lift the curse

Oh and dupont is the best player on the planet currently ainec. ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• coillcam
    replied
    Loving the flair of these young Italian backs. It's like the French joue and keep it alive. Going in the right direction regardless of final score.

England are a very average team and we'll destroy them in a few weeks. This is like watching a game from 15 years ago.
    I would say they're in transition whereas we're riding the quest of a wave. Our squad and fringe players are playing this system interchangeably with confidence for quite a while. We shouldn't fear them but I'd expect a massive physical onslaught in the first half from England. They might well go 6+2 bench.

Leave a comment:

• dinekes
    replied
    Did Djouce today for a change.

Great day for it, fantastic views. I must get going earlier in future at the weekend (Didn't get started until 12) to avoid people.
    DIdn't like the boardwalks (most of the way up) Too many people and very little etiquette in terms of right of way

Leave a comment:

Working...
X