Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ, Kite are the main production company that Virgin deal with and as GAB says, Coco are mainly RTE. Missus says they dont make game shows but if you wanted to get an idea in you could email commissioning@virginmedia.ie which is just a generic email address that may or may not be seen.

Whatever you do, have your idea protected in case it takes off and probably better to pitch it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post

1. Protect yourself and your idea.
      2. Proper pitch needs to be completed
      3. Find a partner production company
      4. Make a pilot
      5. Take to TV station.

Most TV is outsourced so the production decision in RTE is whether or not to buy the program, not whether or not to make it. Look at CoCo productions as an example of how the fit into the wider puzzle of TV show production.
      This. All of this. And nothing outside of this.

No TV station will touch you or your idea (no offence AJ) - They will only deal with a production company who they know can deliver so that is the route to take but as GAB says, you need to protect yourself and your idea and your presentation to the production company needs to be pitch perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

**/Minor Update/**

Holding pattern with deadline of Tuesday lunchtime will see if solicitor advises us executing 28-day notice to sellers with penalties or advises us to return cheque to bank and claw back any expenses from other parties.
        Option of caretaker role (rent free in new house until sorted) was mooted as potential resolution but legal implications regardign renovations and set dealines will need to be
        given by all parties.
        The people *really* fucked are the current occupiers of the house next door. Their mortgage, house insurance, MP, etc are all linked to the house we purchased so that will need to adjusted before we can proceed.
        Their bank could make things really difficult.

C'est la vie
        **Further update.**
        It's a bit of a mess. We are gonna proceed with the caretaker option, money will stay in escrow with our solicitors (which is nice for them !) and we have the place "rent free", we should get keys next week or so.
        Mortgage will draw down as normal.
        I need to start refurbs as soon as we get keys so I've negotiated another month with our landlord. So here until end of march which hopefully gives us time to get everything into the house and sorted.
        I've asked for written confirmation about permissions to make changes and insurance liability in the event we are caretakers of property.
        I think we'll be out of pocket the months rent as the costs involved of suing the other solicitors for < 2k seem cost prohibitive.
        Hopefully we can sort something, just takes the gleam off the whole thing. If I wasn't under pressure, I think I'd bin it all off.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

In other news:

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
            If i had an Ooni / Roccbox / Gozney it wouldn't be too long before i gave this a spin. Absolutely delicious.

Went for it today, great recipe was a lot simpler to do than I expected. Didn't have the Turkish chilli paste so I used fresh chillies instead and the lamb was home reared Wicklow it was fatty enough not to need extra suet.
            Made for a very tasty Tuesday treat, lifted the mood nicely.

xz3MtoT.jpg

WXCmP3h.jpg

Zq1HUlT.jpg

5WYsIxe.jpg

4Jb9huT.jpg

ZRcrWWb.jpg
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Oh look at that crust. Salivating
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

https://twitter.com/weetabix/status/...789165059?s=01 -> comments from all the companies are excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Went for it today, great recipe was a lot simpler to do than I expected. Didn't have the Turkish chilli paste so I used fresh chillies instead and the lamb was home reared Wicklow it was fatty enough not to need extra suet.
                  Made for a very tasty Tuesday treat, lifted the mood nicely.

xz3MtoT.jpg

WXCmP3h.jpg

Zq1HUlT.jpg

5WYsIxe.jpg

4Jb9huT.jpg

ZRcrWWb.jpg
                  That looks amazing. A small variant is once cooked, spread some houmous, a splash of lemon and some fresh coriander, makes an amazing wrap!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    I still find it strange that Ingram was convicted of a criminal offence.
                    Like some quizzes (even on the same TV station) actively encourage the audience to shout out answers and give help to the contestants.
                    Others like WWTBAM don't allow it, which is perfectly within their right to do.
                    But to be able to call in the law because someone has broken the rules of a light entertainment show?
                    I always just assumed that the CPS would reject it, and then that the jury would laugh it out of court. But I was completely wrong.
                    I think it ultimately came down to the fact that a company was down 1 million due to deception. The fact it was a TV show was irrelevant.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    That's mad. I always figured the phone a friend was in studio.
                    From memory, the 15 contestants wait had their friends at home waiting. But if they made it to the end of the show with that lifeline intact, they brought the friends into the studio as obviously the temptation and risk is much greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      I think it ultimately came down to the fact that a company was down 1 million due to deception. The fact it was a TV show was irrelevant.
                      My comparisons here are trite admittedly but on The Generation Game the audience shouts out 'fridge-freezer', 'television', 'cuddly toy' and the contestant is often seen turning to that audience and taking their advice. And the BBC is down the cost of a fridge-freezer. No-one ever gets prosecuted or gets questioned by plod, so there seems to be have been an acceptance that audience help on UK TV is acceptable. Ditto a bundle of other shows as precedent - whether it's clever suggestions that you should go low on a King on Play Your Cards Right, or being told to take the gamble on (Solks beloved) Bullseye.
                      That would have been a large part of my case if I'd been his kayroo, that even if he'd done it (which obviously we aren't admitting to) that there is nothing inherently illegal about it.

When I first read about it I thought it was something that would go to a civil court with him chasing them for the money. But as said I was obviously wrong and it went to criminal court.
                      Would actually be interested in kayroo's take on whether it could have been better defended, if he somehow happens to log-in on this page.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

My comparisons here are trite admittedly but on The Generation Game the audience shouts out 'fridge-freezer', 'television', 'cuddly toy' and the contestant is often seen turning to that audience and taking their advice. And the BBC is down the cost of a fridge-freezer. No-one ever gets prosecuted or gets questioned by plod, so there seems to be have been an acceptance that audience help on UK TV is acceptable. Ditto a bundle of other shows as precedent - whether it's clever suggestions that you should go low on a King on Play Your Cards Right, or being told to take the gamble on (Solks beloved) Bullseye.
                        That would have been a large part of my case if I'd been his kayroo, that even if he'd done it (which obviously we aren't admitting to) that there is nothing inherently illegal about it.

When I first read about it I thought it was something that would go to a civil court with him chasing them for the money. But as said I was obviously wrong and it went to criminal court.
                        Would actually be interested in kayroo's take on whether it could have been better defended, if he somehow happens to log-in on this page.
                        I don't think that's a bad angle for them to have gone down but I still think they would have lost.

On generation game, and others, that was the status quo of those shows. The host often actively encourage a bit of "help 'em out". On WWTBAM () the status quo was established as being entirely different. Tarrant would ask for silence, the audience where not involved outside the the lifelines. The format was established and known.
                        Importantly, they help didn't come from random strangers, it came from associates, and it wasn't in the form of open shouting out of answers, it was covert. I think that's the really damning part to the argument above. They were fully trying to disguise the help as coughing, by concealing it they acknowledge that they didn't want the production to be aware of the help. Which negates any sort of claim that they were operating on the principle of game show norms in the UK.

I think civil action does seem like something they could have went down. But I'd imagine they would want to keep that as a back-up in case the criminal route didn't work. I imagine there was sort of terms and conditions signed by contestants prior to the show.
                        The production team offered the chance to win a million, and he deliberately entered the arrangement in bad faith. The fact it was deliberate deception, rather than reckless behaviour means he hasn't much of a leg to stand on imo. Basically they obtained a million pound cheque through deception, that is a subset of theft from a legal standpoint, which is makes it's a criminal matter.

Comment

There’s no element of deceit or concealment in the Generation Game examples, or others.

Let me put it this way - if the assistance in Millionaire had just been shouted out audibly so that everyone could hear it then the deception doesn’t arise but, without question, they would not have allowed the answer. The contestant knew that. Using deception to gain an advantage or for the purpose of getting money from someone is an offence.

Basically - the generation game comparison doesn’t hold up at all. You can’t successfully argue that an accepted convention on one show renders intentional cheating on another as somehow acceptable.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

In other news: was someone here defending Bitcoin’s energy consumption? Because it just surpassed the energy consumption of Argentina and should move past Norway shortly. Totally normal for a computer game to have the energy requirements of a reasonably populous country...

Comment

Fk who wants to be a millionaire , look at what they did to poor Britney .

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                In other news: was someone here defending Bitcoin’s energy consumption? Because it just surpassed the energy consumption of Argentina and should move past Norway shortly. Totally normal for a computer game to have the energy requirements of a reasonably populous country...
                                Massive Argentina has more power needs than tiny Norway?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Massive Argentina has more power needs than tiny Norway?
                                  Other way round. Norway uses more power on average per year than Argentina.

My source: https://www.cbeci.org/cbeci/comparisons

They in turn base the energy consumption of individual countries on the International Energy Agency’s work.

Comment

Golden Balls has aged quite well, I’d love to see that brought back for a limited run.
                                    Ruthless, a little Game Theory, great show
                                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fbkwr...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                      Golden Balls has aged quite well, I’d love to see that brought back for a limited run.
                                      i don't like it tbh, that whole game boils down to the last minute where you've got to convince the other person you're not a cunt, only to then be a cunt. grim stuff to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i don't like it tbh, that whole game boils down to the last minute where you've got to convince the other person you're not a cunt, only to then be a cunt. grim stuff to be fair.
                                        I get that too but at least it was a little different.

McIntyre's The Wheel is awful, they seem to make up rules as they go along. Contestants freeze out one celeb expert per round with a catch.

The expert from the previous question is also frozen out if they get the question wrong irrespective of them not being landed on so the probability of even having the chance at answering the question goes from 85%(6/7 spots) to 71%(5/7 spots) through no fault of the contestant.

Comment

Hope more organisations follow the coast guards lead and ban their employees/volunteers from doing that Jerusalema challenge, it’s grim- shit tune,shit dancing -what’s the point?

Comment

Gotta love all the old boys trying to defend Peter o Mahoney being a scumbag at the weekend- imagine the wailing of an English or NZ did it against #TeamOfUs

Comment

Her expression at 6.14
                                              It's like a repressed smile where she knows she has him

He should have done the "I am going to steal but I will split the money after" Think a guy did that and forced the other guy to split...but chose split himself also!

Comment

Comment

Love the bald guy trying to work out the logic

Comment

Its too mean to be a whole series, but there was some jaw-dropping moments in Golden Balls.

Comment

some of the show out there. jaysus. the fact that a basic quiz show format, in The Chase, is so massively popular, suggests a massive gap in the market.

Comment

some of the show out there. jaysus. the fact that a basic quiz show format, in The Chase, is so massively popular, suggests a massive gap in the market.
                                                        The thing I don't like about the chase is theres no suspense when he knocks out 2 people and theres a third of the show left. It can be good when its down to the wire.

Dont know how they restrain themselves from shouting at the dummy when they press buzzer for the nth time with another wrong answer!

Comment

I think the worst is Tipping Point.

There can't be much worse viewing on TV than people discussing strategy in the final round when clearly the only thing to do is let the Counter drop in the zone which the Jackpot Counter sits in.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

The thing I don't like about the chase is theres no suspense when he knocks out 2 people and theres a third of the show left. It can be good when its down to the wire.

Dont know how they restrain themselves from shouting at the dummy when they press buzzer for the nth time with another wrong answer!
                                                            Isnt it more about the banter with these shows . I watch it to see the interaction. Plus Bradley is good. He milked the fanny smeller episode one very well . Very funny too.

Tipping point reminds me of losing a quid worth is copper in Bray slots

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                              Hope more organisations follow the coast guards lead and ban their employees/volunteers from doing that Jerusalema challenge, it’s grim- shit tune,shit dancing -what’s the point?
                                                              It was great to see parts of the country us Dubs haven't bought up yet. I might build a bungalow beside that Navigator statue in Kerry and stick the blue flag on it.

Comment

Gotta love all the old boys trying to defend Peter o Mahoney being a scumbag at the weekend- imagine the wailing of an English or NZ did it against #TeamOfUs
                                                                Was more offended by shots of his big arse as he dived in. Us men are orrible creatures wtf do the wimmin be thinking

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Beat the chasers sorted that problem out. Much better format than the chase and drama with almost every contestant due to the format of it.

Comment

Does anyone remember back when most of us would have been around the age of 10 there was this huge story about a Dublin chimney sweep coming up with a board game about chimney sweeping that was going to make him millions and how we could all get ourselves out of our miserable lives my inventing board games?

Comment

Does anyone remember back when most of us would have been around the age of 10 there was this huge story about a Dublin chimney sweep coming up with a board game about chimney sweeping that was going to make him millions and how we could all get ourselves out of our miserable lives my inventing board games?
                                                                        Dont recall that.

Mind you if there was ever a time for board games this is it.
                                                                        Online sales must be through the roof.

I did invent one for a primary school competition.
                                                                        Was to do with promoting dental health IIRC. Think it was a variety thing where you came up with whatever took your fancy.
                                                                        "Gums" I imaginatively named it after much deliberation!
                                                                        It didnt win but we had a bit of crack playing it in the class.

Comment

Et2xKymXEAEm5uS?format=jpg&amp;name=small.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Isnt it more about the banter with these shows . I watch it to see the interaction. Plus Bradley is good. He milked the fanny smeller episode one very well . Very funny too.

Tipping point reminds me of losing a quid worth is copper in Bray slots
                                                                            Ah yeah I know but it's a bit of a downer when theres 2 with like 4k between them and zero chance.

There was one lad who got 1k in.the cash builder, took a minus offer and scraped through by the skin of his bollox.
                                                                            The team got off to a great start with rapid fire answers from their best player, flying along. Him obviously getting frustrated at not getting an answer in leaps on the buzzer, wrong answer.
                                                                            The main guys flow is interrupted now but gets back on track.
                                                                            Again yer man jumps on the buzzer goes blank for about 5 seconds then says pass with a shake of the head! Table captain fit to be tied. Think he got 4 wrong answers in total and no money.

Comment

Anyone bored enough to fill out a 20 second form for my cousins wife's nephew who I'm sure is sound.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...FKRVFJM0szRC4u

Ta ta

Comment

I was friendly with a guy in NZ who invented a board game, vaguely remember mentioning it before but anyway.

It was called "Drill It", the idea being that you had a world map which based on dice & questions you answered you could drill for oil.

He made it from timber where the pieces would slide more freely under the countries which have oil in the real world but say Ireland would have a much lower but non-zero chance of an oil piece being under it.

It would never sell now but I feel it could have done really well in Texas during the administration of the right Republican President.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                  Anyone bored enough to fill out a 20 second form for my cousins wife's nephew who I'm sure is sound.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...FKRVFJM0szRC4u

Ta ta
                                                                                  Done, that is really short lol, like 5 or 6 questions

Comment

Fairly sure AJ's new game involves winning by any means necessary.

"Hello and welcome to tonight's edition of 'CHEATING F@CK'. The game show where you can cheat like a bastard. Anything goes, just be sure to cheat better than your opponent. We have a new challenger tonight to our 43 week reigning champion John Joe McDonagh."

Comment

It definitely is something akin to know your sports. (rules) Well you’ve landed on Pole Vaulting. Your question to proceed to Olympic Qualifying section is. How many jumps are you allowed etc etc. Winner get’s the AJ Sports Rules Nerd gold Madellion, the loser gets (well only AJ know these rules)

Comment

Hey everyone! hope you are all good

Looking for a bit of advice on Irish Passorts.
                                                                                        The youngest's passport was up in October, so I applied online and paid, all was grand. I just had to fill the ID form in and get it to them. I did that and it was sent by courier from the Irish Embassy to the passport office.
                                                                                        I did receive an email in Sept that they didn't have the supporting documentation, I contacted them and they said it did arrive on the 17th of September, they just hadn't updated the system. All good. They said it would be sent to my home address in Malta.

Today I received an email to say the application has been cancelled as it has expired. Now I know the passport office are not all in the office, but I am now without a passport for Aimee. I am reluctant to go through it all again, but don't want to not have her passport in case things change with travel as we will want to see our families all going well later in the year.

Anyone have any contacts or able to help me in any way?

Thanks

Comment

Can ya still block/hide cunts around here? Cant see how to do it?
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Another casual 50% day for BANT

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              https://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/settings/account

Bottom of that page is the ignore list you can type in the lucky punter's name.

Comment

Wait, whats all this about RDIII absconding. He better be back soon to start pimping a big prizepool for my annual assault to nick on the line in the lucky last on Cheltenham Friday. I will be forced to cross the liffey to find him by the end of this month, lockdown or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                  Fairly sure AJ's new game involves winning by any means necessary.

"Hello and welcome to tonight's edition of 'CHEATING F@CK'. The game show where you can cheat like a bastard. Anything goes, just be sure to cheat better than your opponent. We have a new challenger tonight to our 43 week reigning champion John Joe McDonagh."
                                                                                                  That's Numberwang

Comment

I'm tired of this big electric computer game known as bitcoin, I've moved my 25k into bant.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      don’t forget to put up a drama queen post about how you are putting X poster on ignore with the reasons

if you don’t want to do that please PM me if it’s me you are putting on ignore so I can carve another notch on my belt

Comment

don’t forget to put up a drama queen post about how you are putting X poster on ignore with the reasons

if you don’t want to do that please PM me if it’s me you are putting on ignore so I can carve another notch on my belt
                                                                                                        Please dont encourage him to name the cunt . My fragile ego will collapse . We are not all as impenetrable as PSV..

Comment

Your brand of cynicism and commentary makes me smile daily mate, I would never do such a thing.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Putting a lot of effort into this Irish stew. Maybe too much effort. Chopped up a whole leg of lamb.

Comment

Putting a lot of effort into this Irish stew. Maybe too much effort. Chopped up a whole leg of lamb.
                                                                                                              hope you have Pearl Barley in there

Comment

Fierce waste of a leg, nice leanish gigot chops are a better choice.
                                                                                                                Should be as close to effortless as great cooking comes.

Potatoes, carrots, onions cut in big lumps, lamb as full chops, stock to cover ,enough barley, loads of parsley and thyme, salt and pepper slow cook for a long as you can.

Comment

I think the worst is Tipping Point.

There can't be much worse viewing on TV than people discussing strategy in the final round when clearly the only thing to do is let the Counter drop in the zone which the Jackpot Counter sits in.
                                                                                                                  Tipping Point is pretty dumb but an easy enough watch at the same time.

Some absolute morons on it though who in the final round go for 1 or 2 counters per question rather than all 3 if they are not sure about the category.

Comment

They're talking about the middle of June to have over 70s vaccinated now. Fucking hell.

Comment

Watching a bit of the Impeachment trial on CNN. Quite amazing that he wont be convicted (well, very unlikely to be anyway). It

a) calls into question the point of Impeachment if someone can't be convicted for this level of crime.
                                                                                                                      b) how or why the majority of the Republican senators are standing by Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        They're talking about the middle of June to have over 70s vaccinated now. Fucking hell.
                                                                                                                        I'd like hitch to revisit his "international holiday % chance by month" tweet!
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I'd like hitch to revisit his "international holiday % chance by month" tweet!
                                                                                                                          My aspirational March ski trip is starting to look like it might not happen

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X