Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    I don't listen to RTE that much (it's more aimed at your age demographic ) but surely RTE are making a huge error here giving the job to Claire Byrne over Sarah McInerney?


    Comment


      Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      The Naughty List
      Frank Fahey is on the list. Which means anyone stupid enough to be associated with him in this way should be sacked immediately.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

      Comment


        You vill, you vill, you vill.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

          Frank Fahey is on the list. Which means anyone stupid enough to be associated with him in this way should be sacked immediately.
          I've sent this on to his solicitors . He doesnt take this kind of shit lightly.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

            Not the one I was thinking about. He'll probably get away with it as he doesn't answer to anybody in government unless somebody in the EU commission pulls him up on it.
            A Brady?
            "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

            Comment


              How are the Spin Fein bots holding line on the FF'r having the gumption and integrity to resign While Mary Lou and Michelle were giving two fingers to everyone especially the innocent victims of Storey's campaign of mass murder during a more critical phase of lockdown?

              I guess they don 't do integrity and whatabouytery only works one way for them
              Turning millions into thousands

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

                I don't listen to RTE that much (it's more aimed at your age demographic ) but surely RTE are making a huge error here giving the job to Claire Byrne over Sarah McInerney?

                Feels like a mistake, they are both young enough and thats important but I suspect that Claire Byrne doesn't have the range of interests and intellectual curiosity that is necessary for that job. Hopefully I'm wrong and she'll do well, its probably the most important slot in RTE as a public service broadcaster.
                Turning millions into thousands

                Comment


                  Doesn’t seem as if the pro brexit press in the uk have cottoned on to Phil Hogans involvement surely they’d make hay with it
                  big Phil isn’t going to go without a fight anyway, blaming the hotel
                  “PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019

                  Comment


                    Fucking LOL at that wan in the press briefing trying to shut down questions about the golf party. If they're going down the road of censorship it wont go well. People sick of their guff already.

                    Comment




                      NY times article: https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...venezuela.html

                      Comment


                        If you were invited to an official event in a hotel wouldn't you just assume the organisers / hotel had confirmed it was allowed? Like if I'm let in a restaurant / cinema / event, I'm assuming that's because the business has checked I'm okay to go in there.
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                        Comment


                          Maybe you've got an extra responsibility as a minister, I don't know. I'd imagine a minister would just assume one of their many assistants has confirmed it is okay.

                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                          Comment


                            So what is the perceived consensus on Revolut vs N26? Revolut is edging it on paper as it allows the kids to have their own cards and be paid pocket money through the app. N26 seems safer though.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              If you were invited to an official event in a hotel wouldn't you just assume the organisers / hotel had confirmed it was allowed? Like if I'm let in a restaurant / cinema / event, I'm assuming that's because the business has checked I'm okay to go in there.
                              It's a golf party

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Maybe you've got an extra responsibility as a minister, I don't know. I'd imagine a minister would just assume one of their many assistants has confirmed it is okay.
                                Surely everyone involved in government/position of power has been told to be extra vigilant that they do not do anything to undermine the restrictions. So they definitely should be asking questions about every event they are attending and then when they turn up and see the shit show that it was (splitting the room down the middle and more than 6 to a table) they should have the sense to know it is unacceptable and is going to get out so they should leave. If I walked into a bar/restaurant and it was a free for all I'd turn around and walk back out. Most sensible people would.

                                Idiocy and likely arrogance from the lot of them. A socially distant public caning would be too good for them. There are going to be people now that are (wrongly) going to flout the restrictions because of the attitude of 'if they can do it we can too'.
                                Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 21-08-20, 17:56.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                  It's a golf party
                                  It was a dinner in a hotel, no?
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

                                    Surely everyone involved in government/position of power has been told to be extra vigilant that they do not do anything to undermine the restrictions. So they definitely should be asking questions about every event they are attending and then when they turn up and see the shit show that it was (splitting the room down the middle and more than 6 to a table) they should have the sense to know it is unacceptable and is going to get out so they should leave. If I walked into a bar/restaurant and it was a free for all I'd turn around and walk back out. Most sensible people would.

                                    Idiocy and likely arrogance from the lot of them. A socially distant public caning would be too good for them. There are going to be people now that are (wrongly) going to flout the restrictions because of the attitude of 'if they can do it we can too'.
                                    Sure. I don't mind them being fired, never knew who they were in the first place, but I'd be moaning about the quality of help available these days on my way out the door. That seems like precisely the type of thing an aide should be checking, and they've surely loads of aides. I feel I would have assumed that someone else had checked it out in that position. Also the fact that it's in a hotel, surely you'd assume the hotel had checked it out.
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                      Sure. I don't mind them going, never knew who they were in the first place, but I'd be moaning about the quality of help available these days on my way out the door. That seems like precisely the type of thing an aide should be checking, and they've surely loads of aides. I feel I would have assumed that someone else had checked it out in that position. Also the fact that it's in a hotel, surely you'd assume the hotel had checked it out.
                                      Sure don't you love Big Phil
                                      They still had the option of turning around and walking out the door after they arrived.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                        Also the fact that it's in a hotel, surely you'd assume the hotel had checked it out.
                                        While it's fair enough to assume that, once you get there and see that they are doing their own thing you should just leave. If I walked into my local Aldi/Lidl/Tesco and it was clearly overcrowded and/or most people were not wearing masks, I'd turn around and go somewhere else. It's not quantum physics.

                                        Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Maybe you've got an extra responsibility as a minister, I don't know. I'd imagine a minister would just assume one of their many assistants has confirmed it is okay.
                                          The Supreme Court judge that was there was formerly the AG who helped draw to the regulations.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

                                            The Supreme Court judge that was there was formerly the AG who helped draw to the regulations.
                                            I find it hard to believe that someone who is currently a supreme court judge drew current regulations while an AG given they were just announced by NPHET last week. Maybe they drew up a significantly earlier draft.


                                            Ah, I don't want to act like I'm excusing them, even if that's the way it comes across. Ultimately its fully on the person. Let them all resign.

                                            It just also seems like something I can see anyone doing in that situation. You assume it has been checked as eligible by either hotel or your assistants. You turn up and at that stage you are committed having travelled all the way and also feel you'd look bad among your peers if you walked out on a celebration of a dead guy. Especially as say a current minister who is maybe a guest of honour.


                                            ​​​​​


                                            ​​​
                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                              While it's fair enough to assume that, once you get there and see that they are doing their own thing you should just leave. If I walked into my local Aldi/Lidl/Tesco and it was clearly overcrowded and/or most people were not wearing masks, I'd turn around and go somewhere else. It's not quantum physics.
                                              You might. I assume most people would just walk on through the shopping aisles while muttering about how no-one can follow simple fucking regulations.
                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

                                                Sure don't you love Big Phil
                                                They still had the option of turning around and walking out the door after they arrived.
                                                Big Phil is amazing and luckily is in no danger. He was travelling from Kilkenny, I'd imagine all arranged through his office with him not knowing anything really except for telling his secretary to accept the event. Maybe he felt pot-committed by the time he turned up at the door in Galway. Maybe he wasn't too familiar with Irish regulations and assumed the organisers / hotel wouldn't put on an event that was against the law. Or maybe he just didn't give a fuck.
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                  Big Phil is amazing and luckily is in no danger. He was travelling from Kilkenny, I'd imagine all arranged through his office with him not knowing anything really except for telling his secretary to accept the event. Maybe he felt pot-committed by the time he turned up at the door in Galway. Maybe he wasn't too familiar with Irish regulations and assumed the organisers / hotel wouldn't put on an event that was against the law. Or maybe he just didn't give a fuck.
                                                  Wasn't too familiar with the restrictions but supposedly nipped out of Kildare two days before the restrictions where put in place. He knew, just didn't give a fuck.

                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Ah, I don't want to act like I'm excusing them, even if that's the way it comes across. Ultimately its fully on the person. Let them all resign.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

                                                    Wasn't too familiar with the restrictions but supposedly nipped out of Kildare two days before the restrictions where put in place. He knew, just didn't give a fuck.
                                                    You really think he hastily arranged a medical operation just to avoid a restriction he could easily avoid by claiming EU business?
                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                      You really think he hastily arranged a medical operation just to avoid a restriction he could easily avoid by claiming EU business?
                                                      Operation? It was a medical appointment from what I read. Could be a simple check up or him going for the covid test he got.
                                                      Medical operation makes it sound more serious, which if it was he wouldn't be rocking up to a golf society get together a few days later. He's just as much of a clown as the rest of them throwing out the cop out that he was told everything was above board. Walk out then once you see it was not above board.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Whatever the rights and wrongs and they are all wrongs IMO it would be absolute madness to go after Hogan at this time. We have manoeuvred him into prime position to deal with Brexit and giving that up would be insane.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Whatever the rights and wrongs and they are all wrongs IMO it would be absolute madness to go after Hogan at this time. We have manoeuvred him into prime position to deal with Brexit and giving that up would be insane.
                                                          exactly the problem. he's a c!_!nt but he's our c!_!nt

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

                                                            exactly the problem. he's a c!_!nt but he's our c!_!nt
                                                            Not my cunt
                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                            Comment


                                                              Turned 90 recently. Time for this again

                                                              Mícheál O Muircheartaigh 90 today Legend! Below is some of his great commentary over the years:

                                                              Seán Óg Ó hAilpín: his father’s from Fermanagh, his mother’s from Fiji. Neither a hurling stronghold.

                                                              …and Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, I’ll tell ye a little story: I was in Times Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said, “I suppose ye wouldn’t have The Kerryman, would ye?” To which, the Egyptian behind the counter turned to me and he said, “Do you want the North Kerry edition, or the South Kerry edition?” He had both – so I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet…

                                                              Anthony Lynch, the Cork corner-back, will be the last person to let you down – his people are undertakers.

                                                              Colin Corkery on the 45 lets go with the right boot. Its over the bar. This man shouldn’t be playing football. He’s made an almost Lazarus-like recovery from a heart condition. Lazarus was a great man but he couldn’t kick points like Colin Corkery.

                                                              The stopwatch has stopped. It’s up to God and the referee now. The referee is Pat Horan. God is God.

                                                              Teddy McCarthy to Mick McCarthy, no relation, Mick McCarthy back to Teddy McCarthy, still no relation.

                                                              I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them. The priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! 40 yards out on the Hogan Stand side of the field, Ciarán Whelan goes on a rampage… it’s a goal! So much for religion.

                                                              He grabs the sliothar, he’s on the 50! He’s on the 40! He’s on the 30… he’s on the ground!

                                                              Pat Fox out to the forty and grabs the sliothar. I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal… the dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick… Fox, to the 21, fires a shot – it goes to the left and wide… and the dog lost as well.

                                                              In the first half they played with the wind. In the second half they played with the ball.

                                                              1-5 to 0-8… well, from Lapland to the Antarctic, that’s level scores in any man’s language.

                                                              Pat Fox has it on his hurl and is motoring well now, but here comes Joe Rabbitte hot on his tail… I’ve seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park!

                                                              Teddy looks at the ball, the ball looks at Teddy…

                                                              Mike Houlihan for Limerick. He had his jaw broken by a kick from a bullock two months ago. He’s back now. ‘Twas some bullock that broke Mike Houlihan’s jaw!

                                                              Comment


                                                                Found Julia Louis Dreyfus' bit yesterday completely surreal.



                                                                Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Not sure if ppl have used it before but I found kwmwine.com to be very keenly priced.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    One 59 already in the Nothern Trust . Dustin a chance of another 1

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

                                                                      Operation? It was a medical appointment from what I read. Could be a simple check up or him going for the covid test he got.
                                                                      Medical operation makes it sound more serious, which if it was he wouldn't be rocking up to a golf society get together a few days later. He's just as much of a clown as the rest of them throwing out the cop out that he was told everything was above board. Walk out then once you see it was not above board.
                                                                      No it was an operation. Said he went for a convalensce break afterwards to recuperate.
                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Oh yeah, and I'll also be making all of ye feckers either view a blog or follow some instagram shite at some point in the future just to try to convince some people to pay me money to promote their garbage.

                                                                        Oh, and anyone wanna buy some lovely jewellery or need some stuff fixed? Can get ya a good price
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                          No it was an operation. Said he went for a convalensce break afterwards to recuperate.
                                                                          Convalensce could be anything from actual real recovery to needing a nice lie down after a colonoscopy. The Irish Times just says he spent time over night at a health facility and then spent time in convalensce. And being a politician convalensce is likely a stretch as they didnt even use the word operation.

                                                                          But back to your point that he didn't know the restrictions (lol) there's no way he didnt know the restrictions. He had been in Ireland since July. As said above he's simply a cunt, a lucky one.
                                                                          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 22-08-20, 02:22.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Anyone going to the anti-lockdown protest today? Quite the line up. https://healthfreedomireland.com/hfi...rotest-22-aug/

                                                                            Speakers on the day include:
                                                                            • Ben Gilroy, anti-eviction and civil rights activist who will be speaking about constitutional rights.
                                                                            • Architect and Planner Michael Leahy, Human Rights and mental health advocate Freedom of Thought and diversity of opinion in modern Irish society and the impact of serious mental health issues such as suicide.
                                                                            • Ken Duffy Motivational and Education speaker and mental health advocate, speaking on Human rights and homelessness in Ireland.
                                                                            • Maeve Murran Health Freedom Ireland co-chair speaking about the proportionality of restrictions.
                                                                            • Una Mc Gurk Barrister & Senior Counsel speaking about the impact of mandating masks without conclusive evidence.
                                                                            • Prof. Dolores Cahill on the topic of natural immunity, vaccine development and testing accuracy.
                                                                            Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                            Comment



                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Retweeted it like a gimp, only one of them though. Too embarrassing to retweet both.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                                Comment



                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    retweeted them both, I have little dignity or shame
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                      retweeted them both, I have little dignity or shame
                                                                                      Me too I'm as random as the next man. Haven't even read it . Just tell me it's not a paedo ring .

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                                                        Not sure if ppl have used it before but I found kwmwine.com to be very keenly priced.
                                                                                        Might make an expedition up there if the GBP-EUR price difference makes it a runner. We are now literally into the last of (last year's) the summer wine.

                                                                                        nintchdbpict000001454592.jpg
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          @the wine snobs, the €5 Malbec in your local Aldi is still the best value out there. Go on, give it a try.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                                                            Not sure if ppl have used it before but I found kwmwine.com to be very keenly priced.
                                                                                            Presume those Euro prices are inclusive of VAT & Duty as it coming from the North?

                                                                                            If so, there is about 6 to 10 wines that I spotted at a very quick glance that are very keenly priced alright.

                                                                                            I do always have a inner conflict though of loving the idea of getting a good deal but also wanting to support local guys.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              .


                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                .
                                                                                                Presedential
                                                                                                The President
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Christ, put a good strong offer on a house yesterday @11am thinking we'd get it.

                                                                                                  Check online today and since we've offered 4 new offers lodged and the price has moved €33k.

                                                                                                  FML

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Sainsburys had 25% off for 6+ recently and filled the garage with Barefoot Malbec @ £4.80 odd a bottle.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                                      The President
                                                                                                      That's pretty well debunked at this stage.


                                                                                                      Reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski

                                                                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-OYpv5fImA

                                                                                                      Trump talking about a general in the same speech

                                                                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqFrA48ZTg

                                                                                                      It's his impression of a bumbling idiot. He did all the time about other people. It's not his impression of the reporter.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-08-20, 16:21.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        That's pretty well debunked at this stage.


                                                                                                        Reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski

                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-OYpv5fImA

                                                                                                        Trump talking about a general in the same speech

                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqFrA48ZTg

                                                                                                        It's his impression of a bumbling idiot. He did all the time about other people. It's not his impression of the reporter.
                                                                                                        He seems to need a full time team of debunkers explaining how he isn't a racist, a mysogonist, a fool, a bond villain. Biden, in that clip which seems unscripted, just seems like a decent dude. I'd imagine that will play well. As in, he genuinely seems like a nice guy, and it echos what Obama has always said about working with him. Whatever about the politics it'd be great to just be able to forget about American politics for a few years.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                          Biden, in that clip which seems unscripted, just seems like a decent dude.
                                                                                                          I thought it looked extremely creepy, how touchy feely he is with a child.
                                                                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                            I thought it looked extremely creepy, how touchy feely he is with a child.
                                                                                                            Would it be better if it was a blood relation he was creeping on?

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by RichieM View Post

                                                                                                              Would it be better if it was a blood relation he was creeping on?
                                                                                                              Thought it was a bit much even if it was his own son.
                                                                                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                That's pretty well debunked at this stage.


                                                                                                                Reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski

                                                                                                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-OYpv5fImA

                                                                                                                Trump talking about a general in the same speech

                                                                                                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqFrA48ZTg

                                                                                                                It's his impression of a bumbling idiot. He did all the time about other people. It's not his impression of the reporter.
                                                                                                                You really need that to be true don't you because the alternative is an appalling vista. Doesn't wash IMO, its a pathetic attempt to defend the indefensible... but it was a distraction from his lie about seeing Muslims celebrating 9/11 and his boasting that his tower (you know the one thats owned by Putin's banks) was now the tallest in town
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                                  Thought it was a bit much even if it was his own son.
                                                                                                                  Joe's touchy feelyness is isn't even his weakest point
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      If ye think Joe was creepy there you have a problem yourself. The kid had a bad stutter and I'd like to think I'd do the same to ease his fears especially seen as Biden suffered similarly. #metoo lol

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        That's pretty well debunked at this stage.


                                                                                                                        Reporter in question, Serge Kovaleski

                                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-OYpv5fImA

                                                                                                                        Trump talking about a general in the same speech

                                                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqFrA48ZTg

                                                                                                                        It's his impression of a bumbling idiot. He did all the time about other people. It's not his impression of the reporter.
                                                                                                                        Why still defend him in any way . He is dangerous. I bet in school during the Sound of Music plays you played that blond fecker betraying that lovely Von Trappe young wan you were dating. . I'm right ain't I ?

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                                          I thought it looked extremely creepy, how touchy feely he is with a child.
                                                                                                                          What??! That's a very normal way of interacting with a kid. He's just trying to big him up, make him feel good in himself.
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X