Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the regs on the boards athletics forum secured a place in this year's Barkley Marathons.

Interview here.

If you've never heard of Barkley Marathons check out the Netflix doc. Mind blowing, even if you've no interest in the sport.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      I was there meself when the Polish goalie came.

Absolutely under this time. Although it still will be disgustingly high at about 60,000 people.
      38% of the electorate voted against gay marriage Laz.

There'll be 400k minimum out.

There'll be buses going from every corner.

Comment

I was there meself when the Polish goalie came.

Absolutely under this time. Although it still will be disgustingly high at about 60,000 people.
        Lol, 60k is miles off imo. It'll be far higher. Don't think it'll get anywhere near a million but would expect 250k anyway

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            38% of the electorate voted against gay marriage Laz.

There'll be 400k minimum out.

There'll be buses going from every corner.
            Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Lol, 60k is miles off imo. It'll be far higher. Don't think it'll get anywhere near a million but would expect 250k anyway
            Yeah, you're prob both right. I was being optimistic.

@Zuut, how many banners can you tow?

Comment

Bunsen is very good. I'd put it ahead of WOW Burger. Haven't tried 5 Guys yet but have heard mixed reports.

They all come behind one of my home made bad boys, they are the absolute GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                Bunsen is very good. I'd put it ahead of WOW Burger. Haven't tried 5 Guys yet but have heard mixed reports.

They all come behind one of my home made bad boys, they are the absolute GOAT
                Yeah home made is hard to beat. Got a tip to put crushed weetabix and egg in to help them hold together better. Was not disappointed.

Comment

Yeah, you're prob both right. I was being optimistic.

@Zuut, how many banners can you tow?
                  Cmon and tell us what the banners would say

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Cmon and tell us what the banners would say
                    Oh that's top secret yet to be thought of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      GFY Popey
                      I like.

Moar brainstorms plz.

Comment

JESUS WAS GAY

Comment

Jesus the carpenter is looking for joiners.

/shit thats for the other side.
                          12 characters bro, like the disciples.

Comment

Think it's actually 20 characters, can't remember exactly. I've used one before out of Weston to promote my farmers market.

Did a deal with the crowd running it during the 2011 GE and spammed every politician offering it as a service.

Got one bite off Eamon Gilmore, we were just about to design the GILMORE 4 TAOISEACH banner with it all set to fly over the Aviva above a 6N game when a plane crashed in Cork and they pulled the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Making burgers (cheap meat), pulled pork (about as cheap as you get meat) and chicken wings (cheap meat) hipster/gourment/wanky is genius.

Fair play those entrepreneurs and their delicious magic beans.
                              They ain't sellin meat, they sellin ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper, cream, cheese & chilli... The meat is just the delivery system

Comment

ALLAHU AKBAR

Obv.

Comment

whos that sophia loren?

Comment

wenger out

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Trump seems to be doing his utmost to collapse the US stock market. It's weird. He literally needs to do nothing and prices will probably continue on their 8-year upward trajectory. Exactly what he did in first year. But now he seems to be angling for a market crash as his big notable achievement.
                                      Defending US IP and extracting better trade terms from China is only going to be good in the long-term. He's causing himself a lot of short-term pain for the long-term good of the country.

Comment

12 characters bro, like the disciples.
                                        I lost my virginity , in this vicinity.

Flow over the cross in the Pheono.

Comment

Comment

...Bad start in the Cricket, it's not a wash out...

Comment

If only there was some way of judging the effect of decisions on the long-term benefits to the economy - like a stock market
                                              Didn't have you down as an EMH believer.

Comment

There's a special rating for banner towing, which I don't have.

What I do have is a plane with corroded parts that should never have been signed off last year, or sold to me. So that's great.

Comment

GFY Popey
                                                  Oi !

SPOILER
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...Very nice start in the Cricket here, still no wickets down after 15 overs...Hopefully can push on from here, 260 is my hope lol...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                      ...Very nice start in the Cricket here, still no wickets down after 15 overs...Hopefully can push on from here, 260 is my hope lol...
                                                      Only took you three balls to get a wicket.

Quality strike BBV'ing.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Going at a really pedestrian rate on a high scoring pitch here.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Afghani strong point is their bowling.

We need a proper platform here. 120 off 30 is very slow by most standards but would be fine here. About time Stirling delivered a big one.

Comment

Getting ready for the test match in May.

Outfield looks v slow though

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Afghani strong point is their bowling.

We need a proper platform here. 120 off 30 is very slow by most standards but would be fine here. About time Stirling delivered a big one.
                                                              We've drifted to a very big price for a side who've only dropped 1 wicket. I'm all for caution but this is just plain slowww.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

We've drifted to a very big price for a side who've only dropped 1 wicket. I'm all for caution but this is just plain slowww.
                                                                The Afghan batting has been very poor also 3/1 worth a patriotic punt . In comes khan then and bowls is out

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                  There's a special rating for banner towing, which I don't have.

What I do have is a plane with corroded parts that should never have been signed off last year, or sold to me. So that's great.
                                                                  Oh no, will it cost you much to get right?

Comment

Sterling already panting like a little piggy.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Sterling already panting like a little piggy.
                                                                        For a pro athlete his body shape is a disgrace.

Comment

I'd say 230 would be a reasonable score vs this lot

Comment

Oh no, will it cost you much to get right?
                                                                            I'd say so! Hoping that when he removes everything he might just give the bits a good scour, and re-seal but not sure how receptive he'll be to that idea. Will be a few months before it's airborne again I'd say

Comment

...Apparently Afgans have not scored more than 200 in thus tournament so far, bolds well for us...Think if we can save wickets until the last 10 overs get get 230/240 we would be favourites...
                                                                              ...Ps, if we lose a wicket in next 5 minutes I'll accept a ban...

Comment

107 off 30 but key number is wickets in hand.

Go at 7/over from here pls.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                  ...Apparently Afgans have not scored more than 200 in thus tournament so far, bolds well for us...Think if we can save wickets until the last 10 overs get get 230/240 we would be favourites...
                                                                                  ...Ps, if we lose a wicket in next 5 minutes I'll accept a ban...
                                                                                  Only because they haven't had to chase it. Their wins against Windies,Nepal and UAE they were chasing totals less than 200 and would have easily made it going by their run rates in those games. Probably 300 against UAE.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Don't know how I missed the Nazi pug dog story

Mark Meechan recorded the dog reacting to statements such as "Sieg Heil" by raising its paw.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comedian found guilty of causing offence! For tickets to see Jonathan Pie: Back to the Studio go to: www.jonathanpie.com/live/To use this video in a commerci...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

ffs Stirling

Comment

Think everyone with half a brain believes the stock market reflects future value quite well. Even the most behavioural of behaviouralists view financial markets as reasonably sane. Indeed the MrBehavioural Nobel prize winner - Robert Shiller - work is based on that premise.

But EMH is a silly conceptualisation that no-one pays any attention to.
                                                                                        Doesn't always get things right immediately, market sold off initially on Trump's election win.

Comment

If he hadn't had that third burger last night he'd probably have made that.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Doesn't always get things right immediately, market sold off initially on Trump's election win.
                                                                                              Theres some great coverage of Rachel Maddow revelling in that. Fast forward stock market breaking records.

Comment

You find it confusing that the market sold off based on uncertainty about future direction?

I strongly suspect you're not really this stupid, so we'll let it go as can't really post much today.
                                                                                                No I'm saying the initial market reaction was completely wrong.

Market dumped initially when Trump victory looked likely.

The expectations were that he would be a disaster for stocks, instead he led to extremely low volatile growth for months.

What exactly will be the short- and long-term market repercussions of a Trump victory on Tuesday?

First, there will be horror and a big sell-off, centred on US stocks and the dollar. (US treasury bonds, overvalued though they are, might counter-intuitively gain, thanks to their haven status). The Brookings Institution’s estimate that the fall could be between 10 and 15 per cent seems overdone. That would be the second biggest daily fall ever, and some risk of a Trump victory is now priced in. But it would be quite a day, particularly as Mr Trump tends to be viewed with unalloyed horror outside the US.
                                                                                                Same thing with this "trade war", if Trump uses it to gain better terms from China and protect US IP, it's going to be a massive ++ for the US.
                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-18, 09:52.

Comment

Unless they can get into 20 20 mode very quickly and mind their wickets this is over bar the shouting
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A big ? Over a trade war resulting in favourable terms for the US. The man is not respected.

The world is in an interesting place right now. And Russia is loving it

Comment

A scared innings from Ireland and a good bit below average score on what's very much a batters pitch. But hopefully Afghans feel the pressure this afternoon.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Meh.
                                                                                                        16 for 2 off the last 3 overs is hardly going to be good enough.

Relying on them to collapse now.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            I'd say so! Hoping that when he removes everything he might just give the bits a good scour, and re-seal but not sure how receptive he'll be to that idea. Will be a few months before it's airborne again I'd say
                                                                                                            Ah here fk that I'll take the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                              Ah here fk that I'll take the boat.
                                                                                                              Felt like telling him to push it into the river when he told me.

Comment

Financial market expectations trolling is a rather sophisticated troll! You are comparing what markets expected at the time with an unknowable outcome. It was reasonable to expect that an inexperienced President with a history of bad business decision making and who had made crazy pronouncements would be bad for business. So the prices falling was reasonable.
                                                                                                                The market began it's Trump rally by the time he made his acceptance speech. It's nothing to do with uncertainty. The initial market reaction on the night was completely wrong until the bigger money came in.

Comment

How many presidents haven't had a 'record high' on the Dow during their presidency?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      How many presidents haven't had a 'record high' on the Dow during their presidency?
                                                                                                                      'W' maybe

Denny is really clutching at straws using a few hours of the SnP to validate Trump's presidency... the graph doesn't even show what he thinks does edit: different timeline so yeah the markets swing by < 2% over a couple of hours.

Irrelevant anyway the long term is the only term that matters, Trump comes in riding the crest of a wave of an economy repaired from the clusterfuck created by the previous Republican administration.

This interactive chart shows the running percentage gain in the Dow Jones Industrial Average by Presidential term. Each series begins with the closing value of the month of inauguration and runs to the closing value of the last month of the term. The y-axis shows the total percentage increase or decrease in the DJIA and the x-axis shows the term length in months. Click any president name in the legend to add or remove graph lines.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-03-18, 12:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        'W' maybe

Denny is really clutching at straws using a few hours of the SnP to validate Trump's presidency... the graph doesn't even show what he thinks does
                                                                                                                        It shows exactly what I think it does. Just not what you (and Hitch) think I think it does.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-18, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          It shows exactly what I think it does. Just not what you think I think it does.
                                                                                                                          I had the timeline wrong, I thought it was later in the night that it became apparent that the lowest point in civilisation since WW2 was going to be reached.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X