Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    What did Joe say about the horrible lump of lard that has him raving like a cowardly 12 year old imbecile?
    A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, ‘I can grab a woman anywhere, and she likes it,’ ” Biden said during a speech at the University of Miami, according to ABC News. “They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said ‘no.’ I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.’ ”

“I’ve been in a lot of locker rooms my whole life,any guy that talks like is probably the fattest, ugliest S.O.B in the room"

Comment

What did Joe say about the horrible lump of lard that has him raving like a cowardly 12 year old imbecile?
      Said if he was a younger man he’d take him around the back of the gym and give him a beating over his attitude to women. USA USA USA!
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Why would pdf rather than word be preference?
        I would have assumed the opposite

Is it purely ease of use when submitting to monster/indeed etc?
        ability to edit?
        Editing for external and for internal people it is copying out the important part to stick in a cover email for lazy hiring managers to make them open the doc and read the rest.

For both it's to run spell check. It is seriously a big problem about half the cvs I get have spelling mistakes

Comment

I sent a pm with the details of the lad I got estimates from and has sold a good few cars around my way

I never met him just got estimates and ultimately didn't go that route.

IMO you'd be better finding someone local to you, there seems to be a lot of people doing it, It's what half the lads on carzone are doing.
          I got a 2015 Lexus IS300h from Belfast 2 weeks ago for about 20k all in. Saving of about 4/5k.

Was very easy and couldn't recommend it enough.

Comment

Two good pieces worth a read.

#1 - Washington Post in depth article about the effect of gun shootings in school

More than 187,000 students have been exposed to gun violence at school since Columbine, The Washington Post found. Many are never the same.

#2 - Ney Yorker piece on the opied crisis in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              I got a 2015 Lexus IS300h from Belfast 2 weeks ago for about 20k all in. Saving of about 4/5k.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                You said the opposite of what he did. Read it again.
                Ah, dealing with Australians all morning, no wonder
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  It really depends on dosing. If you juiced up to the eyeballs during a 7-8 week training schedule there would be perhaps a 3 week window after this that you would probably fail a blood test (probably only 1-2 weeks for the urine test). However this type of doping is hopefully long gone.

A cyclist would get noticeably improved performances from a weekly dose of only around 3000 IU. It would maybe be detectable for 48-72 hours. However if you used more regular injections, but of a lower dosage: say 3 separate injections of 1000iu during the week, each one would only be detectable for less than a day (and less than 12 hours for the urine test). So if it is injected prior to going to bed, the window for testing positive is so small. For the testing to be conclusive, the natural EPO produced by the body needs to be distinguished from the synthetic EPO. With smaller and regular dosing of the synthetic EPO the red cell production stimulated more accurately mirrors the natural production of the human body. This is why the time window is so small.

The TUE process is there for good reason. A person with a medical condition should be allowed to take medication to preserve his or her health. I think most elite road cyclists will still use EPO on at least an occasional basis. It is extremely easy to buy it, and the benefits are hard to resist. I would be amazed if a cyclist could compete for GC victory in a grand tour without it.
                  Can I just say, I'm very much enjoying these posts from Matt, I'm hoping he is not a next gen spambot that'll start selling us dickpills.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Anyone in the advertising game?

Or can recommend an agent. Particularly interested in radio.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Can I just say, I'm very much enjoying these posts from Matt, I'm hoping he is not a next gen spambot that'll start selling us dickpills.
                      Haha, I am sure he checks out ok DP and not a re-reg from someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Are you in a more academic line of work?
                        Correctish. Certainly a lot of applications would be post-doc type people.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        My cv is currently 3 pages having been kept to 2 for many years. I wouldn't consider having one more than 4. Even that would be unwieldy in my opinion.
                        Mine is at 3 and I try very hard to keep it at that. I feel to jump to 4 I either need a load more stuff or reformat so that everything takes up a load more space. Would hate having the 4th page as a half page.
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Any chance you can briefly go through the entire process, incl. the research that should be done? I'm sure others will be interested No worries if you don't have the time!

I previously have looked at prices at Charles Hurst (some giant dealer network up there) and if the costs are simply £ price + the € amount spat out by the VRT online calculator it looks like the smart move alright!

Comment

A chance for the Irish cricket team. UAE gone favourite in running v Zimbabwe. It's the hope that kills ya

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                              Any chance you can briefly go through the entire process, incl. the research that should be done? I'm sure others will be interested No worries if you don't have the time!

I previously have looked at prices at Charles Hurst (some giant dealer network up there) and if the costs are simply £ price + the € amount spat out by the VRT online calculator it looks like the smart move alright!
                              Pretty much that is it!

I searched Charles Hurst and found a car I liked. Contacted the dealer. It turns out Charles Hurst group owns a load of garages up there and I was dealing with Lexus Belfast. The car I wanted was gone so the guy took my details and said he had another coming in and would be in touch.

A few days later he sent me details of the car. Spec, service history (it was a client of theirs trading up so he sent a PDF showing all services). He calculated the VRT and sent that estimate on. He said when the car was in he would take a video of it and send it to me.

A week later he did just that. A 2 min video showing off the car and discussing the extras. He then said if I wanted to secure the car I could pay £500 deposit. I did so and a few days later went up for a test drive. Liked it so did a deal (not really any wriggle room on advertised price even though paying cash). I paid using Revolut which took a day or two. In that time the car was valeted and given new tyres and a proper deep clean.

Once the payment had gone through he drove the car to Dublin and dropped it off with a bouquet of flowers for the missus.

We have a VRT appointment on Sunday to finalise that.

One great thing is that we got a full two year warranty. Only seems to be one year offered down here. It is also encoraging dealing with a proper business like Lexus and not just some lad selling cars down an alley!

Any questions ask away!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Its the same research as buying a car here.

The only caveat is the car must be over 6 months old and have at least 6000km/4000mi on the odometer or you will be liable for VAT as well as VRT.
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

UAE beat Zimbabwe in Harare. Well fuck me. If Ireland beat Afghanistan tomorrow we are in the world cup finals

Comment

Haha poor Zimbabweans, their fans seem like good craic.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          (there was nothing wrong with the KYC application itself btw - recent Irish bank statement with Irish address, Irish phone number, Irish passport, Irish bank card. Unless being 'too Irish' is grounds for suspicion as to whether you are really Irish)
                                          IP address of where the application was made from?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                            UAE beat Zimbabwe in Harare. Well fuck me. If Ireland beat Afghanistan tomorrow we are in the world cup finals
                                            Thats a fairly big if given the way we have been playing.

What if anything have Afghanistan got to play for in the game?
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thats a fairly big if given the way we have been playing.

What if anything have Afghanistan got to play for in the game?
                                              Same as us, winner qualifies.

Comment

They've been pretty good last few years too, good bit ahead of us on ODI ranking points.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Any questions ask away!
                                                  Thanks Eoghan, appreciate the report and might send a question or two your way once I'm closer to making a decision. Am test driving a 2nd hand car (Peugeot 2008) in Dublin this Saturday and if we like it, will weigh up getting one in Dublin or heading to Belfast. After some rough calculations it looks like we'd save €2k or so if we go for a 2015 or 2016 reg, less the costs and effort involved in going to Belfast once or twice and getting the VRT done.

I'd need to shift a 2005 Volvo S40 as well, am guessing that I won't be offered anything for this on either side of the border due to the age?

Comment

Comment

WASHINGTON — The president’s lead lawyer for the special counsel investigation, John Dowd, resigned on Thursday, according to two people briefed on the matter, days after the president called for an end to the inquiry.
                                                      Mr. Dowd, who took over the president’s legal team last summer, had considered leaving several times in recent months and ultimately concluded that Mr. Trump was increasingly ignoring his advice, one of the people said. Under Mr. Dowd’s leadership, Mr. Trump’s lawyers had advised him to cooperate with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who is investigating Russia’s election interference and possible ties to Trump associates as well as whether the president obstructed the inquiry.
                                                      The lawyer, John Dowd, was said to have left over a disagreement with President Trump about whether Mr. Trump should agree to be interviewed by the special counsel.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Same as us, winner qualifies.
                                                        A wash out would put us through. Rain dance time

Comment

Personal Finance Question here:

Are there any downsides to using your credit card for every single purchase if you pay off the balance every month?

This won't affect my credit score negatively will it? I read somewhere that as long as my purchases are under 30% of the total credit limit it might even increase it?

I use it for everything at the moment because I get 1.5% back in dollars for one of the only airlines that flies out of this cul de sac. Saves me a boatload on flights home during the summer.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Are there any downsides to using your credit card for every single purchase if you pay off the balance every month?

This won't affect my credit score negatively will it? I read somewhere that as long as my purchases are under 30% of the total credit limit it might even increase it?

I use it for everything at the moment because I get 1.5% back in dollars for one of the only airlines that flies out of this cul de sac. Saves me a boatload on flights home during the summer.
                                                            I do this. Can't see any downside

Comment

Hi Guys,
                                                              Our site now has new Bitcoin forum. Join us if you are interested in Bitcoin.
                                                              I left poker a few years ago as I got hooked so much about btc that didn't have time for other gambling Exciting tech!
                                                              Here is the link to the forum if you interested https://www.bitireland.ie/community

It's in its infancy and I hope we can grow it for interesting news, discussions etc.
                                                              Also the main point is to make it easy to get into bitcoin.

Sorry for the long bla bla
                                                              Buy and Sell bitcoin in Ireland with Bitireland Broker Ltd.
                                                              www.bitireland.ie

Comment

Ya that's Def a mistake
                                                                Last edited by eamonhonda; 22-03-18, 17:24.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

When this all ends, Robert Mueller is going to get the sickest movie deal. Its unbelievably interesting watching it all.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Had a Bunsen burger earlier, that can’t really be the best burger place in Dublin?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        They've been pretty good last few years too, good bit ahead of us on ODI ranking points.
                                                                        They have a lethal young legspinner iirc
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                          Had a Bunsen burger earlier, that can’t really be the best burger place in Dublin?
                                                                          Its a good burger and only a good burger at that. Would have eaten a second one easily so always get the double imo. Had a good chuckle to the server's reply when I asked if they had bacon; "oh you won't need that anyway".

Best burger I've had in recent memory was by Handsome Burger in Caribou pub down in Galway. Not sure of the arrangement but I believe its a separate company resident in the pub kitchen. Had the B.O.B. with the parmesan/bacon/garlic aioli fries. Delish and a proper sized feed

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                            Its a good burger and only a good burger at that. Would have eaten a second one easily so always get the double imo. Had a good chuckle to the server's reply when I asked if they had bacon; "oh you won't need that anyway".

Best burger I've had in recent memory was by Handsome Burger in Caribou pub down in Galway. Not sure of the arrangement but I believe its a separate company resident in the pub kitchen. Had the B.O.B. with the parmesan/bacon/garlic aioli fries. Delish and a proper sized feed
                                                                            Better off getting two singles instead of the double imo. Seems way out of proportion with the double.

5 guys was pretty underwhelming in Dundrum also.

Maybe check out Wow burger? Have never had it tho

Have been to Caribou loads of times delivering with work, never eaten there so will have to have lunch there after your recommendation, ty.

Comment

Take a burger, grill it , melt some stuff into it.
                                                                              Fusion burger I'm calling it, who'll stake me (pardon the pun)

The ol granby batter burgers were the real widow makers but they were great after a feed of porter. Life is short , eat a batter burger. If not try a fusion burger. Fusion Burger. Fuuuusioon

Comment

Wow is good. The margin between "best burger in Dublin" and normal burger is pretty small though.

Comment

Bunsen is utter shite.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Was raving to the boss that he had to try the new 5 Guys in Paris, based on my New York experience. The verdict: meh. Felt a bit guilty afterwards that he was probably chewing over his average burger thinking 'never trusting that guy again'.
                                                                                      To be fair your New York experience of being inside 5 guys was quite different to him having a burger in Paris.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                        Bunsen is utter shite.
                                                                                        It's no bacon cheese xxl

Comment

Mon ta fuck lads Bunsen is amazing. Don't be reverse hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                            It's no bacon cheese xxl
                                                                                            Same level really.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                              Bunsen is utter shite.
                                                                                              Utter nonsense

Comment

On the pigs back and counter would be good for you meaters. Counter is mostly delicious toppings I guess.

My beaut from amsterdam still has me dreamin', yeah it's a burger bitches.

Comment

Still don't get Amazons practice of taking a box that's in a box, and putting it into another box for delivery.

IMG_20180322_213732 by colliexmas, on Flickr
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If I can't pick up the burger and fit it in my mouth without dislocation you can keep it (even a normal beef burger!)

But I'm going to have to try one of these burger places when I'm back in Dublin next month, will choose based on it being an actual burger and not something I need a trough to catch the spillage.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 22-03-18, 22:01.

Comment

Finished Gomorrah season 3 last week. Need something new, anything out there ?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                        Finished Gomorrah season 3 last week. Need something new, anything out there ?
                                                                                                        Counterpart

Comment

Making burgers (cheap meat), pulled pork (about as cheap as you get meat) and chicken wings (cheap meat) hipster/gourment/wanky is genius.

Fair play those entrepreneurs and their delicious magic beans.

Comment

...

Comment

Same here. Doubling so in fact as it seems like he only replies to me.
                                                                                                              Feels like I have a penpal.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                                                                                              It really depends on dosing. If you juiced up to the eyeballs during a 7-8 week training schedule there would be perhaps a 3 week window after this that you would probably fail a blood test (probably only 1-2 weeks for the urine test). However this type of doping is hopefully long gone.

A cyclist would get noticeably improved performances from a weekly dose of only around 3000 IU. It would maybe be detectable for 48-72 hours. However if you used more regular injections, but of a lower dosage: say 3 separate injections of 1000iu during the week, each one would only be detectable for less than a day (and less than 12 hours for the urine test). So if it is injected prior to going to bed, the window for testing positive is so small. For the testing to be conclusive, the natural EPO produced by the body needs to be distinguished from the synthetic EPO. With smaller and regular dosing of the synthetic EPO the red cell production stimulated more accurately mirrors the natural production of the human body. This is why the time window is so small.

The TUE process is there for good reason. A person with a medical condition should be allowed to take medication to preserve his or her health. I think most elite road cyclists will still use EPO on at least an occasional basis. It is extremely easy to buy it, and the benefits are hard to resist. I would be amazed if a cyclist could compete for GC victory in a grand tour without it.
                                                                                                              That's interesting on the washout times. I knew middle of the night micros sped up washout but didn't think it was that fast. It's not a PED I'm overly familar with so good to know.
                                                                                                              I'm kinda interested to know what your experience with it is, but I don't want you to defame (for what of a better word) yourself.

I familiar with TUEs though. Mainly through the routine abuse of the system in MMA. TUEs exist for a good reason, I meant more so people getting TUE for drugs that aren't banned. It's a weird precedent.

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I do this every month. I've a joint card with the missus and a personal card. I've haven't paid a penny in interest on either. Both set to auto pay on the due date. Can't see a down side, upsides are points/air-miles, cash back on certain purchases, free travel insurance, And the money I spent is in my account earning interest for a month longer.

And also I get free food and booze at the airport.

Comment

Eddie Rockets burgers are the greatest imo.

ANFD

Comment

@Zuut, can you tow a banner?

Thinking of trolling the pope.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    @Zuut, can you tow a banner?

Thinking of trolling the pope.
                                                                                                                    All the reports saying 1 million turned up last time..

Over or under this time?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      All the reports saying 1 million turned up last time..

Over or under this time?
                                                                                                                      I was there meself when the Polish goalie came.

Absolutely under this time. Although it still will be disgustingly high at about 60,000 people.

Comment

Bolton is crazier and every bit as dumb and self obsessed as Trump.
                                                                                                                        Buy war bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          I was there meself when the Polish goalie came.

Absolutely under this time. Although it still will be disgustingly high at about 60,000 people.
                                                                                                                          Unless it is limited to that type of number it'll be much higher, but more from a celebrity and hype point than any religious fervour for a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X