Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, busto on first q.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Haha, busto on first q.
      Mostly go out on q4 or 5 to me usually the later rounds seem easier,4 or 5 usually some extremely British celebrity or tv show question

Comment

Chelsea don't look fully mentally checked in here. Leicester gonna do them imo.
        Profit before people.

Comment

I've just copped on that Jack90210 is not Hatedjacks. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
            How far back do arctic temp records go?
            Ice core data in the Arctic goes back over 100,000 years, although given that the earth, and therefore the universe I only about 6,000 years old, that's a bit weird. Must be fake news.

Comment

Honda

BBC using Craig Mac music as background in a halftime highlights clip

Sports music lads for BBC always on it!

Comment

Comment

@mikebullocks: Cash out is available for €1 profit.

Comment

Beast from the east me hoop

'Tis only great out west

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      @mikebullocks: Cash out is available for €1 profit.
                      you can cancel the bet if you want. I think i took advantage of your tigerlove. Have layed him at 8s anyway. He'll be 12s before it even kicks off

Comment

Not at all. Looking forward to it. Just very surprised Rory got his shit together. That drive of tiger's at 16 sapped the life outta me.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wondering when Trump is going to Tweet "I am not a crook."

Comment

That's some back 9

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                That's some back 9
                                Hasn't won in 16 months, then I bet against him...

Comment

The DeChambeau clubs are interesting. I remember reading something a while ago on ESPN or Golfers Digest with a number of coaches and pros predicting there will definitely be more pro's using one length irons in a few years.
                                  Cobra aren't huge sellers of irons but the one length clubs are 60% of their irons sales now. I've watched a few of his videos about how he came to adopt them, they're worth a watch.

Comment

Comment

Should have PMd AJ obv.

Comment

Tiger bringing the best out in Rory.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          How does that work in terms of points for overall tour ranking then? E.g. he is 13th ranked on PGA at the moment - would he automatically shoot up 5, 6, 7 places for a win like this, or are ranking rises much more gradual?

It’s done over a 2 year weekly average. You can actually move up the rankings by not playing one week if you are dropping a bad week from 2 years ago. The points won are based on the quality of the field
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Ferdia O'Connell, an old IPBer 'Badugi' who used to play all the old home games and Boyles games but hasn't posted in a while, lost HU in the Irish Open, but took home 180k after a deal. Wp that man.

While on the subject on the IO, Dan Wilson is on the FT of the Sunday WarmUp on stars if anyone is bored!

Comment

Oh, and Ferdia qualified for €0.01c

Best return ever?

Comment

Ah so it's quite a gradual thing then. Cheers!
                                                  Generally the crucial factor is how much you rise in the rankings after a good performance is 'how did you do in corresponding calendar event two* years ago?'. If you blanked two years ago and won it today then your net gain will be huge, but if you won two years ago and won again today then they'll effectively cancel each out and you'll be relatively static.
                                                  It's the concept of 'defending ranking points' which you often hear the commentators refer to.

* Or one year ago if its a one year system etc

Comment

What A week for Irish Sport.

Comment

Wonder how Liverpool will try defend this when it all eventually comes out...

"You know, when they forced Khrushchev out, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor. He said, ‘When you get yourself into a situation you can’t get out of, open the first letter, and you’ll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can’t get out of, open the second letter'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oth...-36712511.html
                                                        David Walsh discussing with Piers Morgan about Wiggins in the last few days.

david walsh bradley wiggins - The Sunday Times journalist agreed with Piers Morgan's assertion today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oth...-36712511.html
                                                          Whats the liverpool connection?
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                            David Walsh discussing with Piers Morgan about Wiggins in the last few days.

https://www.balls.ie/newsnow/david-w...wiggins-384613
                                                            David Walsh took the Sky soup a few years ago

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

It's a shame Kimmage is a tool!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                              David Walsh took the Sky soup a few years ago

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

It's a shame Kimmage is a tool!
                                                              I've read some of the Kimmage stuff about Walsh since he joined Sky. Walsh isn't defending Wiggins though, it's the opposite. *Not much allegiance to Sky is evident in that interview.

*Slight caveat there to be fair, Walsh talks about other Sky doctors blocking Wiggins doctor from applying for another TUE.
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 19-03-18, 10:09.

Comment

I've read some of the Kimmage stuff about Walsh since he joined Sky. Walsh isn't defending Wiggins though, it's the opposite. *Not much allegiance to Sky is evident in that interview.

*Slight caveat there to be fair, Walsh talks about other Sky doctors blocking Wiggins doctor from applying for another TUE.
                                                                Na, he is not defending him anymore, was very quiet for a good while though

Comment

Comment

So the Brits engaged in industrial sized cheating to justify the cost of the olympic pink elephant?
                                                                    Well they were basically buying medals with there selective funding, look how much there track bike team cost conpared to there competition, especially for a country with little or no track cycling history

With regards to the drugs, at the minute it looks like they turned a very blind eye while lads and lasses went off and got good
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 19-03-18, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                      Tiger bringing the best out in Rory.
                                                                      Tiger also helped us win the grand slam. What a man

Comment

Jumanji was decidedly good fun. A film almost proud of its stupidity in a way that only The Rock can bring.
                                                                        There's definitely some laughs in it and the cast are decent but overall it's a bit of a disaster, seen the other week that it's just shy of a billion dollars in box office to say I'm stunned is unbelievable but The Rock is an absolute boss.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        Ferdia O'Connell, an old IPBer 'Badugi' who used to play all the old home games and Boyles games but hasn't posted in a while, lost HU in the Irish Open, but took home 180k after a deal. Wp that man.

While on the subject on the IO, Dan Wilson is on the FT of the Sunday WarmUp on stars if anyone is bored!
                                                                        Wish I'd of known that as I'd of stuck up a few photos of him, savage score.
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Someone (Trippie I think) recommended smokestak in London for food, very well played sir

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                            Whats the liverpool connection?
                                                                            Farah/Salah, thought it was a good line tbh
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jay Cutler (bodybuilder) on my flight from Melb to LAX. Absolute gentleman. Bunch of other huge cunts too, gas stuff at them all squeezing into seats.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                Tongue in cheek comment. Commenting on a few events or even a few decades on a planet around for billions of years which has gone through many climate cycles naturally before would be misleading.
                                                                                Xkcd is always has a relevant input
                                                                                SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                  Someone (Trippie I think) recommended smokestak in London for food, very well played sir
                                                                                  Yeah, best brisket I have had outside of Texas. ribs were okay but i loved the appetizers, the ox cheek in particular.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                      Yeah, best brisket I have had outside of Texas. ribs were okay but i loved the appetizers, the ox cheek in particular.
                                                                                      Had the ox cheek, will have it again next month

Comment

Injury time goal for limerick at the end of extra time sends the game to a free taking shoot out. On tg4 now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                          Injury time goal for limerick at the end of extra time sends the game to a free taking shoot out. On tg4 now
                                                                                          Turns out it's extra extra time first

Comment

And we end up with a shoot out anyway

Comment

Our Minister for Sport:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                Our Minister for Sport:

His reply to him was class.

Emmet posted it upthread.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

David Walsh is a complete weasel.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                    David Walsh is a complete weasel.
                                                                                                    What's he done? Thought he was great in pursuit of Lance Armstrong.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What's he done? Thought he was great in pursuit of Lance Armstrong.
                                                                                                      Yea, but then he took the cash from Sky and wrote a book defending them in the face of all the same type of evidence he used against Lance. Now that the popular position is to be against Sky, he's distancing himself massively and saying all sorts of contradictory shite.

Comment

Our Minister for Sport:

At least he is confusing him with his brother, more often than not I call him Ronan, mixing his name up with Ronan Kearney who I went to school with and played for Leinster and Ireland in the early 80's... I think he might be their uncle or some sort of relation.
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Serious potential for this new Netflix docuseries Wild Wild Country after the first episode, fairly riveting so far.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Just touched down in Lux for the week. Anybody got any dinner recommendations or decent bars?

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Haven't been paying much attention to the Wiggins stuff. Read something today that confused me.
                                                                                                                He was taking a corticosteroid (not anabolic steroids) before some big races. The particular drug wasn't on the WADA list, so not illegal but still unethical. Yet, he also applied for a TUE?
                                                                                                                Why did he apply for a TUE if it's not banned? Seems like a bad move. As it creates a record of what he took that liable to be leaked. And sort of suggests and attitude that he knows he should shouldn't be taking it without permission.
                                                                                                                The story they are spinning would make more sense if he just took it and disclosed it when asked about medication when tested.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

what a time to be alive
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

I bet its glorious. Will look massive if he is holding it too.
                                                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X