Any prediction on this vote on whether to hold an election?

Haven't really followed today but Labour were suggesting they would block it yesterday?

I think it will be closer than that but if Lib Lab SNP could combine to campaign on a 2 stage referendum with predefined wording that they could all agree to then with a bit of friendly vote sharing I think they could get a 50 seat majority to get that through.

Tories will still be in chaos and Farrage's party whatever that is this week will be the only leave party with a consistent position.
        Whatever about this week, there's zero chance of GE collaboration.

Haven't really followed today but Labour were suggesting they would block it yesterday?
          Seems he needs 2/3 majority for it to pass, so no chance of that.

Claim to be inspired by Churchill
            Write a book about Churchill

Kick Churchill's Grandson out of the party for doing the same thing his Grandfather would have done if he felt it neccessary

The veteran MP, one of 21 Tory rebels expelled by the party, delivered an emotional speech to parliament: ‘I’m truly very sad that it should end in this way ...

Seems he needs 2/3 majority for it to pass, so no chance of that.
              They can still have an election without that . Listen it's to come clean I'm from the future .

Ireland gonna win the RWC . Dubs gonna hammer Kerry and brexit won't happen .

Whatever about this week, there's zero chance of GE collaboration.
                Definitely not 0%, this will be a single issue election and if today is to mean anything they will have to get a referendum held.

This will be resolved either by a LIN LAB SNP coalition or a Tory Farrage Coalition.
                The electorate will be have to choose between no deal and a referendum.

I was out jogging today just across from where that lad was shot today and there was a 11 or 12 year old kid dealing drugs openly along the canal. They are there at least three groups out every day between 9th lock and the big data centre and no matter what the weather there is always a steady stream of dead eyed punters queuing up to collect. Looks like a slightly spread out version of Hamsterdam.
                  I'm along by there 5 days a week and only once in the last decade have I seen cops in action.

@Keane, why are you even bothering with the all Ireland thread on boards. I assumed you were either bored or hacked the other day when you were posting a lot. Some amount of droolers, from all corners, on thread.

Definitely not 0%, this will be a single issue election and if today is to mean anything they will have to get a referendum held.

This will be resolved either by a LIN LAB SNP coalition or a Tory Farrage Coalition.
                      The electorate will be have to choose between no deal and a referendum.
                      'Resolved'

Nothing will be resolved. There is years of negotiation ahead.

298 to 56 and doesn't pass.

The schadenfreude in Brussels must be at dangerously elevated levels.

It is amazing how inward the UK focus is. It's like they have convinced themselves that this is a purely domestic matter.

The schadenfreude in Brussels must be at dangerously elevated levels.

Stephen Barclay, who has sometimes appeared to be one of the more clued in Tories, was complaining today that the EU weren't coming up with suggestions on how to replace the backstop

You genuinely couldn't make this shit up!

@Keane, why are you even bothering with the all Ireland thread on boards. I assumed you were either bored or hacked the other day when you were posting a lot. Some amount of droolers, from all corners, on thread.
                                Knocking a bit of craic out of it. Good to see the cunts rattled.

Stephen Barclay, who has sometimes appeared to be one of the more clued in Tories, was complaining today that the EU weren't coming up with suggestions on how to replace the backstop

You genuinely couldn't make this shit up!
                                  Barclay is a mad, raving arch-Brexiteer!

For sure but I've listened to him and am certain that he knows what the backstop is, why it is there and that the idea that the EU should be explaining an alternative to him is the craziest thing said this week.

Cummings has them just regurgitating key phrases and you can see the fear of saying anything off message

Fuck 'em.

Fuck 'em.
                                        I'm in London for the next week and I'm going to try very hard to hold on to that sentiment every time I cross paths with the morons

Knocking a bit of craic out of it. Good to see the cunts rattled.
                                          Easy now with that talk...

Who the hell wheels out the tired “peer review” counter to such a basic point. It was a ridiculous angle regardless but in that case it was absolutely delicious.

It is amazing how inward the UK focus is. It's like they have convinced themselves that this is a purely domestic matter.
                                                  So inward that they only actually give a fuck about the English part

Ha, what was that? Are you by the way the Hector I follow on twitter? Really like your posts if so.
                                                    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought at the time, it was this one:

Who knows though, I'm sure there are plenty of candidates

Barnier came out and nailed Johnson's lie of progress. 'No new proposals'.

Not that anyone in the UK is listening to anyone outside of London!

Who knows though, I'm sure there are plenty of candidates
                                                        Ha, I thought it was the '3 generations of my family were brought up on the writings of notorious racist Enid Blyton', though that may have been later.

Edit: found the tweet, just seemed strange to me.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 05-09-19, 10:08.

Ha, I thought it was the '3 generations of my family were brought up on the writings of notorious racist Enid Blyton', though that may have been later.

I didn't see that one, perhaps it was the culprit.
                                                          HitchBot

So our HR dept sends out an email to welcome a new employee . Ex Guinnesses. However instead of saying she as from the home of the black stuff he said black staff. (She is black btw) so after sending the email he goes out to the other black staff in the company to apologise. David Brent levels of cringe .

Was at the Off The Ball Roadshow last night in Bord Gais with Roy Keane and Gary Neville.

I know people have very different opinions on Keane (I personally love the man) but he is absolutely box office.

Absolutely great night.

Was at the Off The Ball Roadshow last night in Bord Gais with Roy Keane and Gary Neville.

I know people have very different opinions on Keane (I personally love the man) but he is absolutely box office.

Absolutely great night.

I read the cliffs: https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-38468944.html

On Walters:
                                                                "He talks a good game," he said. "Imagine if he'd won a trophy. He goes on the TV about how he was harshly treated by me. He's crying on the TV about his family situation.

"Maybe he should lie low for a while. Have a look at his medals? That wouldn't take long."

"We got beaten by Wales. Jon played. Jon didn't have a good game. Wardy played, he didn't have a good game. They need to go back see how bad they were."

When it was put to Keane that Walters had scored big goals during his Irish career, he replied: "How many years ago is that? How long is he going to live off that? A certain player scored against Holland and he still is," with a clear nod to his old foe Jason McAteer.

This test taking on a very familiar pattern, opposition can't deal with Smith, but his team mates can't support him. Ashes would be all but over now had he played the 3rd test.

Absolutely great night.
                                                                    Loved “ratsapp”
                                                                    The dog at Walters over his family was below the belt though

Easy now with that talk...
                                                                      By 'the cunts' I meant about a dozen posters on boards (and the smarmy fuckers I met before the game asking if I thought the Dubs would win by six or eight).

Loved “ratsapp”
                                                                        The dog at Walters over his family was below the belt though
                                                                        Yeah, I actually missed the line about the family last night as there was a bit of noise when he started laying into Walters.

I think the quoted line is taken slightly out of context as it was part of a wider rant about how Walters is playing the media circuit and doing all the rounds of every media outlet, he asked the lads from Off The Ball had they had him on the show and when they said Yes, he replied, 'Of course you have' whilst rolling his eyes.

That said, it was below the belt and wasn't needed but you can't have Roy Keane without that. If you take that part out of him, he would never have been the player he was.

BoJo's brother just resigned.

Insert your own 'Brexit tearing families apart' gag.

Yeah, I actually missed the line about the family last night as there was a bit of noise when he started laying into Walters.

I think the quoted line is taken slightly out of context as it was part of a wider rant about how Walters is playing the media circuit and doing all the rounds of every media outlet, he asked the lads from Off The Ball had they had him on the show and when they said Yes, he replied, 'Of course you have' whilst rolling his eyes.

That said, it was below the belt and wasn't needed but you can't have Roy Keane without that. If you take that part out of him, he would never have been the player he was.
                                                                            He seems like a absolute cunt who has been shown up as an mediocre manager in every role he has had to date.
                                                                            A sad bitter fucker who acts the cunt in an attempt to seem relevant.
                                                                            Give him 10 years and he'll be forgotten a further dunphy-esque caricature of himself.

First time a politician has resigned so as to spend less time with his family.

(Can't take the credit for that one, guardian blog)

He seems like a absolute cunt who has been shown up as an mediocre manager in every role he has had to date.
                                                                                Give him 10 years and he'll be forgotten a further dunphy-esque caricature of himself.
                                                                                He did ok at Sunderland tbf - lost 4 of first 5 games of season and he was brough it to stabilise the ship. They won the league and he was manager of the year!

Kept them up in PL next season and stepped down early the following season (albeit they werent exactly flying but id imagine Sunderland fans would snap your hand off to have those days back again right now)

He seems like a absolute cunt as he played for United..

Finally put of contract with Vodafone . Best option for data with other providers ?

Well said! A prick of epic proportions, on a par with that other scumbag McGregor!

He did ok at Sunderland tbf - lost 4 of first 5 games of season and he was brough it to stabilise the ship. They won the league and he was manager of the year!

Kept them up in PL next season and stepped down early the following season (albeit they werent exactly flying but id imagine Sunderland fans would snap your hand off to have those days back again right now)

I could have brought SUnderland up that year.
                                                                                        He had an almost bottomless budget for championship level.
                                                                                        Which is kinda what fucked them over in the long run

The fallout from this is going to be amazing.
                                                                                          "I never thought leopards would eat MY face" sobs woman who voted for the leopards eating peoples face party.

Tbh, I still don't see a viable way for them to go out without a deal.
                                                                                          Also, I think Boris is a lock for shortest term PM
                                                                                          Really should have put some proper money on this

Virgin Media. 25pm for unlimited everything.

Absolutely great night.
                                                                                              Bah. Missed that cos of work after looking forward to it for weeks. Will hopefully have it on podcast later

Pretty sure you're trolling but I'll bite....

I don't think he is a cunt at all - He is a hugely talented, natural born winner. He has unbelievably high standards and he expects that from everyone around him.

He mentioned a few times last night about how some of the stories about him that have done the rounds are just off the wall and no factual basis (he may say this of course) although Neville also pointed out that the Keane who is portrayed in the media is not the man he played with for so many years which does back up Keane's side of it.

He's not bitter about management and the roles he's left/been sacked from. He did think himself and O'Neill should have got another campaign but accepts that when the team of high profile, very well paid managers goes through a dip, the pressure will come on and the manager will potentially lose their jobs, that's the way the industry works. He was also quite open that he made mistakes befoe in management and will most likely make them again if he gets another job - he's actually quite pragmatic in that regard.

He is bitter about how he left Utd and how it was handled by Ferguson and Gill and when you hear his side of it, you can understand why.

As for being forgotten, LOL, yeah, the greatest player ever to come out of this country will be forgotten, good luck!

Bah. Missed that cos of work after looking forward to it for weeks. Will hopefully have it on podcast later
                                                                                                Well worth a listen, the whole thing must have been around 2.5 - 3 hours so hopefully they'll put it all up

11/8 work shift today.

Breakfast with GAB who snuck up behind me the fucker at 11.30,
                                                                                                  Have a pic of him digging into a huge Nutella and strawberry crepe but can't upload from phone

Sale in by 12.30

4 yrs here today btw also

I could have brought SUnderland up that year.
                                                                                                    He had an almost bottomless budget for championship level.
                                                                                                    Which is kinda what fucked them over in the long run
                                                                                                    Not sure he spent a huge amount that year, was it not just a load of loan signings (ex United & Irish teammates?). Could be wrong.

Anyway, he probably is a bit of a cunt, just pure driven. I doubt i'll ever witness a man control a match like he did in the home game against Portugal to get the draw in 2001, scored a poxy goal but ran the match for 90 mins single handedly.

Bollocks. He can stop short of being a complete cunt to a man who lost a child and still be a great footballer.

Completely agree with this:

Bollocks. He can stop short of being a complete cunt to a man who lost a child and still be a great footballer.
                                                                                                        but I don't think he goes as far as this:

Well said! A prick of epic proportions, on a par with that other scumbag McGregor!

Even if you're a great footballer who's also a cunt, you're still a cunt. And then you retire from football.

Political career pretty much dead due to brother anyhu so good time to go

Smith to make a double ton now

Even if you're a great footballer who's also a cunt, you're still a cunt. And then you retire from football.
                                                                                                                More Sociopath than cunt, being a cunt is a choice!

Sociopathic cunt... maybe

This test taking on a very familiar pattern, opposition can't deal with Smith, but his team mates can't support him. Ashes would be all but over now had he played the 3rd test.
                                                                                                                  Off stump, offside field... off stump, offside field ad nauseum

Whispering Death is very very adamant on that

I think Smith is getting bored now. He's definitely trying to see how close he can get to being out, without actually being out. Living on the edge, so to speak.

Pete, Devon

Pretty sure you're trolling but I'll bite....

I don't think he is a cunt at all - He is a hugely talented, natural born winner. He has unbelievably high standards and he expects that from everyone around him.

He mentioned a few times last night about how some of the stories about him that have done the rounds are just off the wall and no factual basis (he may say this of course) although Neville also pointed out that the Keane who is portrayed in the media is not the man he played with for so many years which does back up Keane's side of it.

He's not bitter about management and the roles he's left/been sacked from. He did think himself and O'Neill should have got another campaign but accepts that when the team of high profile, very well paid managers goes through a dip, the pressure will come on and the manager will potentially lose their jobs, that's the way the industry works. He was also quite open that he made mistakes befoe in management and will most likely make them again if he gets another job - he's actually quite pragmatic in that regard.

He is bitter about how he left Utd and how it was handled by Ferguson and Gill and when you hear his side of it, you can understand why.

As for being forgotten, LOL, yeah, the greatest player ever to come out of this country will be forgotten, good luck!

Well worth a listen, the whole thing must have been around 2.5 - 3 hours so hopefully they'll put it all up
                                                                                                                          Surely this is a big swicheroo on the troll accusation?

Anyone and I include family, friends, Man U fanboys, anyone! who even attempts to justify or brush over those comments re. Walters and is aware of the context, is as big a prick as Keane himself.