Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    Clearly correct Lazare but the regret risk is huge if the numbers come up on the plus and you're not in.
    Also had a painful experience trying to explain the RNG to them and the fact that we wouldn't have had the same numbers had we opted for plus.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Jaysus Long is dreadful.

Comment

Surely I heard that stat wrong?

1 goal in his last 44 games? Can't be right.

Comment

Shane Long and Danny welbeck must be the 2 worst finishers in premiership history.
          Last edited by Hatedajacks; 06-10-17, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

42 I thought. Either way... Stealing a living

Comment

Expect a heap of goals this half, few new lads willing to run riot hopefully.

Cannot concede.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

To back Kosovo to get something at 25/1, wouldn't Ukraine have had to be 1.04 or so?
                They started the game at 1.16, them to win wasn't even 25/1 on any sites.... weird odds so

Gone the other side of the coin with Iceland, Ireland, Wales and Israel so shall be a fun sweat.
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

No he def got 1 alright

Comment

New hip ordered for Feb 1st. I'm officially an old cunt. Any advice strewel

2nd one to be done within 12 months of 1st

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Guy i work with is 47, also needs a new one. His wife is expecting with their first...twins, due in a few weeks...
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Guy i work with is 47, also needs a new one. His wife is expecting with their first...twins, due in a few weeks...
                        Ouch.

48 here. Have young son big struggle even kicking a ball with him. Actually looking forward to it. 8 weeks min off work so should have Cheltenham winners wrapped up early

Comment

Austria 3-2 Serbia hmmmmmm, too little too late though i feel!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                            To back Kosovo to get something at 25/1, wouldn't Ukraine have had to be 1.04 or so?
                            They started the game at 1.16, them to win wasn't even 25/1 on any sites.... weird odds so

Gone the other side of the coin with Iceland, Ireland, Wales and Israel so shall be a fun sweat.
                            Betfred was

25/1 Kos
                            15/2 Draw
                            13/100 Ukraine

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              Austria 3-2 Serbia hmmmmmm, too little too late though i feel!
                              Drawing against Georgia expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                So your syndicate collectively said GFYL?

Wp them.
                                lol wp.

GFY
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

twas on pp 25/1 the useless cunts.

Get a RISK FREE €/£10 BET for new customers only! Place a €/£10 bet and if it loses we'll refund you in cash. Plus join our VIPP Club! T&Cs Apply

Comment

Visited my uncle he's early 70s in the summer and got both done. He was on the crutch but has no pain anymore. He's now off the crutches and flying it. My friends father in law got it done and regrets not getting it done years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                      Visited my uncle he's early 70s in the summer and got both done. He was on the crutch but has no pain anymore. He's now off the crutches and flying it. My friends father in law got it done and regrets not getting it done years ago.
                                      OK OK, everyones thinking it, I'll say it , I'm not too proud

SPOILER
                                      fecking hipsters

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Jaysus Long is dreadful.
                                        Not gambling to get on the end of things. No pace. Poor finishing. Used to like the naughty side to game too but lately it just looks unsavory and nasty.

Please bbv let him bag a hat trick vs the Welsh.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

when is the late late show announcing the name of the new ferry? The end

Free travel for life on irish ferries and fired off a few shots. Lady Gregory for the win

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                            If it's any consolation I backed them to win the group at 2000/1 before the start and was a wee bit excited as that's the sort of price only absolute garbage like San Marino and Gibraltar go off at. I still think they have something going for them, solid enough base of players plying their trade in the second tier in Italy, Germany & England, and a few in the top tier in Austria, Turkey and Denmark.
                                            They really should be getting similar 'there or thereabouts for 3rd place' results like Slovenia, Hungary, that sort of team.

Hopefully they go off at similarly dismissive prices next time out, and get a few things sorted out administratively (for starters be nice if they could get a home ground organised so they don't have to play their home games in Albania).

Comment

May be wrong, but quick calculation on qualifying status ...

We beat Wales and we finish on 19 points. Remove results v Moldova and it's 13 points with a +1 GD

If Ukraine draw with Croatia, both will finish on 18 points (12 after Kosovo games) so we're ahead of Croatia (+2 GD) - Ukraine +1 GD

Bosnia have 2 games left, if they pick up 4 points v Belgium/Estonia, they finish on 18 points (12 after Gib games)

Won't make a difference if Greece pick up 6 points v Cyprus/Gib as they will have 19 points (13 after games v Gib removed) GD will be +3 with Cyprus game to come.

If Slovakia beat Malta, they finish on 18 points (12 after Malta removed) and a Scotland draw v Slovenia will leave them on 18 points (12 after Malta removed)

So, we want a Ukraine v Croatia draw, Greece to not win v Cyprus (and Belgium not to lose v Bosnia) and Scotland not to win v Slovenia to give us 3 shots at finishing the best 2nd placed teams.

No doubt all 3 will happen and we won't beat Wales anyway

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Jaysus Long is dreadful.

4 more goals and he moves into 2nd place on Ireland's All Time Record Goalscorer list. Funny

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Since V started talking about pensions again, this is a vexatious topic.

Would you recommend withdrawing the maximum 25% tax free payment (I know there is a cap) at retirement age? I can't see any downside really, especially if your pension dies with you.

I have a (for now) guaranteed 7500 per year from 63 from a DB scheme. What do you think the chances are in general of those things being honoured in 20 or so years are by the big banks? I'm trying to put a decent pension fund together regardless of the above, but it's still going to be quite a way short of the figure above. Extrapolating though, my current DB thing, if it bears out, is kinda worth 300k?

I can see why db schemes are dead in the water. Hopefully I luck box this one.
                                                  Just catching ul on bbv. When you say "guaranteed". Can i say "lol". "DB" my hole, great till the first 20% pull the ladder up behind them....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Just catching ul on bbv. When you say "guaranteed". Can i say "lol". "DB" my hole, great till the first 20% pull the ladder up behind them....
                                                    That's why I said for now. It's still intact, so I'm hopeful, but now relying on it.

Comment

That's why I said for now. It's still intact, so I'm hopeful, but now relying on it.
                                                      I hope you are one of the elder statesmen in the whole scheme of things. I presume your now means not. I hope so anyway.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ouch.

48 here. Have young son big struggle even kicking a ball with him. Actually looking forward to it. 8 weeks min off work so should have Cheltenham winners wrapped up early
                                                          Wait first psv isn't some old bitter man and now you are much older than I thought. What's happening here!We get such ideas about people from very little. Next Flushdraw won't be Quagmire.

Comment

Well that was decent

Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

AHS is quiet good this year, makes a change from the last 2 seasons.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  I hope you are one of the elder statesmen in the whole scheme of things. I presume your now means not. I hope so anyway.
                                                                  I'm in with the dregs of the scheme unfortunately. We'll see how it goes sure.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      What's that?
                                                                      American Horror Story.

Comment

Wasn't there someone here with like half a bitcoin lately looking to sell it off? Hit me up via pm if you haven't sold it yet and still want to, whoever you are
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          AHS is quiet good this year, makes a change from the last 2 seasons.
                                                                          Gave up on season 4. Worth going back to?

Comment

the grimmest site in the world.

should be called zero optimism imo.

(right in this case and plenty others though)

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Gave up on season 4. Worth going back to?
                                                                              This season is very good.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                What's that?
                                                                                American Horror Story: Cult.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Zerohedge, FT and Eddie hobbs.

Covers overt pessimism, autist realism and ridiculous optimism.

The spectrum is complete.

Comment

...

Comment

Irish ticket scooped €500K in the Euromillions plus draw.

Really hope it was Lazare and his work mates so they can collectively tell him 'I told you so'

Comment

I'm in with the dregs of the scheme unfortunately. We'll see how it goes sure.
                                                                                          I'lll just charge you a mates rate of 0.00% unlike the rest....

Comment

And now it's time for something completely different, a really creepy 80's tv show host!

The people of canada are disgusting freaks and perverts just like this wacko. To learn more read my blog http://susanbxenu.blogspot.com/2012/08/oh-canadawhy-...
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Hitch, nobody reads Eddie Hobbs.

I listen to a lot of the Intelligence Squared debates (podcasts) and they throw up lots of people from both sides of every argument that are worth paying some attention to imo. Pretty important to pay attention (even if only to totally discount) some of the whacks.

Paul Mason.
                                                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 07-10-17, 08:01.

Comment

Daughter has foot and mouth from the crèche.
                                                                                                I thought it was something cows got. A suggestion to make a 'dip' in the bathtub was not met well
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Always feel like telling the overly excessive Aussie customs folk that they're about 200 years too late to be worrying about invasive species
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      Always feel like telling the overly excessive Aussie customs folk that they're about 200 years too late to be worrying about invasive species
                                                                                                      I was technically arrested by those overly excessive customs folk.

The night before our flight from Bali to Darwin, we went on the lash and headed pretty much straight to the airport afterwards for a 5AM flight. A few hours later, we touched down in Darwin hungover and bleary eyed as fuck as I can never really sleep on a plane.

As with the last time I landed in Australia, I got pulled for a full search of bags, etc. Thankfully 'Nothing To Declare' wasn't been shown on the telebox back in 2003.

I had ticked all the boxes 'No' on my immigration form blissfully unaware that a slingshot I bought off one of the kids in a jungle village when we went treking in Thailand was nicely nestled in the bottom of my rucksack.

They told me they had me on three charges

1) Importing a weapon
                                                                                                      2) Importing wood
                                                                                                      3) Lying on my official declaration

And that they may cancel my visa and send me back to Bali.

Now, the slingshot was a piece of shit. It didn't work but I probably didn't help to difuse the situation by picking it up and demonstrating it didn't work by aiming it one of the lads head. I refer you back to me being hungover to fuck and bleary eyed as a defense.

30 anxious, nail biting minutes passed as they sent the slingshot through quarantine and assessed it's lethalness as a weapon before they came to say the wood was fine and it was a piece of shit and no danger to anybody. All charges were dropped and I was allowed keep the slingshot. Pretty sure I still have it somewhere at home.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Great stuff lads. IrishParentBoards ftw.

We had a 2nd birthday party for little MissV recently in our new(ish) home. Quite the sense of pride and accomplishment I must say. You can have all the money you like but having a happy and healthy kid and making sure your family is cared for and in a good place beats it all. The rest is just window dressing really.

Have just about all my family and many of my friends out in Lecco this weekend for my eldest son's wedding to a local girl this afternoon
                                                                                                        I can't even begin to find the words but there are good days and there are a few like this ...
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Really hope it was Lazare and his work mates so they can collectively tell him 'I told you so'
                                                                                                          Ticket was sold in spain.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Daughter has foot and mouth from the crèche.
                                                                                                            I thought it was something cows got. A suggestion to make a 'dip' in the bathtub was not met well
                                                                                                            It's hand foot and mouth. Pretty benign unless she starts mooing

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Change of venue, we're in the Banker's Draft
                                                                                                              Listen lads don't think i cam make tonight ...tired and your dad pub plans are a bit ..meh

But mainly cuz i am better one on one ....and not popular...and stiff and awkward ...ask sat ..she had to witness the awkward...and stiff...she gets it

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                Listen lads don't think i cam make tonight ...tired and your dad pub plans are a bit ..meh

But mainly cuz i am better one on one ....and not popular...and stiff and awkward ...ask sat ..she had to witness the awkward...and stiff...she gets it
                                                                                                                They're all sound. You should go. Always nice to meet people from here IRL

Incidentally I met IPB-Champ last night. I think he was suffering the effects of boozing with dice as he looked wrecked tired lol. Nice chap, told him to post more

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  They're all sound. You should go. Always nice to meet people from here IRL

Incidentally I met IPB-Champ last night. I think he was suffering the effects of boozing with dice as he looked wrecked tired lol. Nice chap, told him to post more
                                                                                                                  just letting you know I won't be there tonight though...i am having my period and i have to be careful of what i post incase i tell you i am having my period ..

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  bleeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

just letting you know I won't be there tonight though...i am having my period and i have to be careful of what i post incase i tell you i am having my period ..

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    bleeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                                                                                                                    lol. Eeeeehhhhh ok so. Maybe next time

Comment

Meeting people from here is over rated tbf. You'll have more craic staying indoors talking to the fairies and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I thanked this for the sentiment, but sadly they didn't do the plus, they spent some on the irish lotto instead. Better would be if one of their lines had the numbers to win the plus.

Ticket was sold in spain.
                                                                                                                        The Irish winner of the 500k prize did not buy their ticket in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                          Meeting people from here is over rated tbf. You'll have more craic staying indoors talking to the fairies and shit.
                                                                                                                          Meeting me changed your bum life.
                                                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X