Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow,great to see the next generation of BBV babies flourishing!!
    crazy to think i actually remember posting in the BBV of the old place a photo of my first born 12 years ago! (went to find the post but it looks like they only go back 11 years).

re company shares, we can put in 3% of our gross salary debited every month with which they buy shares at current price and match the number of shares bought. You can then sell them any time and be liable for income tax or hold on for 3 years min and sell them tax free.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      They exist. They're not buying 2-beds in Finglas, but they exist.
      Yeah, they exist, definitely know a good few. As mentioned yesterday, doesn't take many of them to move a market with such limited supply... and obviously all other things considered the couples with the largest savings will have the capacity to outbid those with lower savings as they've a lot more ammunition in that particular fight! Fairness, etc... never comes into it.

Likewise a plucky young couple bidding against a retired Garda Superintendent or whatever with access to €500k, it sucks so bad to be outbid on a 'starter home' by someone after an investment (happened to us a few times!) but that's the reality of life.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
        Mid 30s couple with savings/investments of over 100k!! I doubt I know anyone like that at all.

I'd say that at least 20+ people on this site in their 30s would be worth a few 100k on a net basis. The average earnings on here would be higher than the country as a whole too...

Irish people put on the poor mouth and hate talking about money, earnings etc but loads of people are doing well (and conversely loads of people are scraping by) there's just no honesty about it. Either to other people or indeed ourselves. It leads to loads of perverse behaviour imo. Loads of people doing well and bursting their balls doing stuff they could just outsource, and not due to meanness but because they don't want to be perceived as doing well. It's a fascinating thing to observe. Like if you want to have a decent retirement with a gross income of 30kpa independent of state benefits you need to be planning for a pension of 1.2m or so. If people don't have a decent wedge gathered in their 30s and be on that path how do they think they are going to get there?
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Deadparrot, RichieM, anyone else, still on for #pwp later?
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm not sure we even have 20 active users!

Comment

Any others for pints tomorrow night. Please don’t leave me alone with Dice I don’t think my liver can take it
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Well you know we have, you just have to look at sheep and werewolf games

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                  Any others for pints tomorrow night. Please don’t leave me alone with Dice I don’t think my liver can take it
                  3 pints and I'm anyone's these days

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    I didn't specify how active the users were!!

I'd take a bet though if people were willing to honestly answer a poll or something.

Age 30-39, Net worth >200k (property equity, pension, personal savings all included) Gambling debts to be taken off of course! 20+ easy...
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Re - Fuckhead

I remember the day I met this bird walking through my estate, I was about 8 and I ran over to talk to her. She called me a "wanker". So innocent, I asked her what a wanker was and her being 10 (and from the rough estate up the hill) explained it was a "dickhead". Confusion abounds.

I told her I bet I'd walk into my gaf and call my out lad a wanker. She didnt believe me. I marched in, I can remember our old sitting room, painted light yellow and the window facing to the street.

Oul lad was asleep. I said "Dad?"... not a stir. I shouted "Dad!!"... head pops up, "You're a wanker". I'd never before, nor since seen the fucker move so fast. SWIFT boot up the hole.

Re - Income and Savings

Always a grim lol reading the "whats your income and savings/investments threads" on Reddits personal finance reddits - Lads with obscene incomes and savings and investments at 25. "They obv had a shit twenties" is my pathetic reply.

Who's laughing now!
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Buffy the Vampire werewolf game signup

Comment

Since V started talking about pensions again, this is a vexatious topic.

Would you recommend withdrawing the maximum 25% tax free payment (I know there is a cap) at retirement age? I can't see any downside really, especially if your pension dies with you.

I have a (for now) guaranteed 7500 per year from 63 from a DB scheme. What do you think the chances are in general of those things being honoured in 20 or so years are by the big banks? I'm trying to put a decent pension fund together regardless of the above, but it's still going to be quite a way short of the figure above. Extrapolating though, my current DB thing, if it bears out, is kinda worth 300k?

I can see why db schemes are dead in the water. Hopefully I luck box this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            Re - Income and Savings

Always a grim lol reading the "whats your income and savings/investments threads" on Reddits personal finance reddits - Lads with obscene incomes and savings and investments at 25. "They obv had a shit twenties" is my pathetic reply.

Who's laughing now!
                            Those places are ridiculous, you go on and see a graduate saving like 80k per year and are like wtf. 'Merica

Many plan to save 1.5-2 million and just live off interest. 50k - 70k a year.

Also forgot the genius ones that get a grad job between 100k-200k and then go work remotely in SE Asia where they pay peanuts for everything.
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-10-17, 14:35.

Comment

Girl looking after the lotto posted up a pic of the tickets.

Went and spent 20% of it on the Irish lotto as a compromise as too many people didn't like my idea of not opting for the plus on the Euromilions.

The Euro jackpot is €190m and she doesn't lump it all on it.

Out of 20 peoole, I was on my own arguing this. What's wrong with people?
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Would Xe.com be the most accurate way to convert someones USD Invoice to EUR to pay?

I always use it, but I know it never matches what I get when I change money...

Comment

Personally I rarely do the lotto buy always do the plus. If I was part of a syndicate though I agree with not doing it a it reduces your chances (albeit by a very tiny amount) of winning the jackpot as you aren't doing as many lines as you otherwise would. I'm only doing 2 lines anyhow so might as well spend 7 as 5 on the rare times I do it.

I'm looking forward to figuring out what to do with 190m though. I already have plans, but need to refine them once I have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Since V started talking about pensions again, this is a vexatious topic.

Would you recommend withdrawing the maximum 25% tax free payment (I know there is a cap) at retirement age? I can't see any downside really, especially if your pension dies with you.

I have a (for now) guaranteed 7500 per year from 63 from a DB scheme. What do you think the chances are in general of those things being honoured in 20 or so years are by the big banks? I'm trying to put a decent pension fund together regardless of the above, but it's still going to be quite a way short of the figure above. Extrapolating though, my current DB thing, if it bears out, is kinda worth 300k?

I can see why db schemes are dead in the water. Hopefully I luck box this one.
                                    I'm assuming the questions are for me.

Always take the tax-free lump sum. No brainer. Ideally use AVC/DC assets to fund it and not DB but even still if you have to commute some DB then do it.

In relation to the DB the bank is unlikely to walk away without paying you at least a 100% Minimum Funding Standard Transfer Value (TV) at this stage of the DB end game. They may even offer you an uplift of 50% or more to get rid of the pension liabilities on the balance sheet. As this TV will roll up at >6%p.a. until age 63 the optimal time to take a TV will be at age 62.9 unless you know somewhere else you can get a pretty much guaranteed >6%p.a. growth on an investment for the next 20+ years.

Yes there is a risk the employer reneges on their commitments but if they haven't now and with potential changes in legislation coming down the track soon I'd roll that dice.

7,500p.a. from age 63 with increase in payment would be worth ~300k at todays annuity prices. Discounting back to today that is ~90k (@ 6% for 20 years) and if you had to invest it yourself you'd probably want ~135k (@4%p.a. for 20 years) or an uplift of 50% on your TV.

All of the above is ignoring inflation btw. The DB scheme will automatically revalue every year in line with inflation so I'm talking about real returns above not nominal.

As for the gap to fund the rest all I can say is do what you can, when you can and don't stick the head in the sand.

P.S. To my way of thinking having this DB promise means you are worth 135k in pension assets alone btw. 1/20

PPS I know you're not quite 43 yet but I'm making the numbers easy for myself...
                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 06-10-17, 14:46.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

€190m... My god it's worth buying a line for the massive jackpots just for the sheer enjoyment of thinking about what you'd do. Massive house in prime D4 for me (Raglan Road, etc...) or maybe Temple Road in Dartry. Apartment somewhere awesome in Manhattan. Nice house right on the water in Lake Tahoe. Second hand premium car (even with €190m I wouldn't be able to buy a new car, that would be going too far against the grain) A new covered stand at the Sportsgrounds in Galway named after something personal but not so obvious that people would figure out who the benefactor was. Fuck it I'd give Connacht a couple million to bring in a marquee signing or two for the craic. So many holidays in five-star hotels. Play the WSOP Main Event like it was a €10 home game!

Anyone else share their lotto dreams? Euromillions now, not that piddly National Lottery, not sure what I'd end up doing with that other than buying a bigger house!

Comment

Ha, just realised I didn't include anything about taking care of family or charity or the like Would have to do that too I suppose

Comment

Clearly correct Lazare but the regret risk is huge if the numbers come up on the plus and you're not in.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Went and spent 20% of it on the Irish lotto as a compromise as too many people didn't like my idea of not opting for the plus on the Euromilions.

Personally I rarely do the lotto buy always do the plus. If I was part of a syndicate though I agree with not doing it a it reduces your chances (albeit by a very tiny amount) of winning the jackpot as you aren't doing as many lines as you otherwise would. I'm only doing 2 lines anyhow so might as well spend 7 as 5 on the rare times I do it.

I'm looking forward to figuring out what to do with 190m though. I already have plans, but need to refine them once I have the money.

Comment

Not sure I understand all of that V, but I get the gist. Obviously lots can change between now and 65, but the current strategy is paying 1500 a month into an executive pension, increasing as I get older.

Any tax free thing will come from this. I also have a small enough tax free thing from the DB pension, not sure how much but not a huge amount.

All subject to future income and employment prospects though. I'm better off than at lot, worse than others. I plan to be mortgage free in 10-12 years time as well, but life could end up laughing in my face at that thought later.

Comment

So your syndicate collectively said GFYL?

Wp them.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  €190m... My god it's worth buying a line for the massive jackpots just for the sheer enjoyment of thinking about what you'd do. Massive house in prime D4 for me (Raglan Road, etc...) or maybe Temple Road in Dartry. Apartment somewhere awesome in Manhattan. Nice house right on the water in Lake Tahoe. Second hand premium car (even with €190m I wouldn't be able to buy a new car, that would be going too far against the grain) A new covered stand at the Sportsgrounds in Galway named after something personal but not so obvious that people would figure out who the benefactor was. Fuck it I'd give Connacht a couple million to bring in a marquee signing or two for the craic. So many holidays in five-star hotels. Play the WSOP Main Event like it was a €10 home game!

Anyone else share their lotto dreams? Euromillions now, not that piddly National Lottery, not sure what I'd end up doing with that other than buying a bigger house!
                                                  I'd just rent a super luxury camper and pay someone to drive us around Europe and the US for 6-12 months and enjoy the long term planning while cruising. I'd get a CFP to set up various trusts for inter generational wealth and support the family and then spunk a few million on a number of small businesses to keep myself amused and get our home remodelled.

No interest in owning more than one property that wasn't a pure investment. Too much hassle imo and I'd rather rent as desired.

I had a near miss on Tuesday (I won a €5) but tonight I'll take it down!

Comment

Not sure I understand all of that V, but I get the gist. Obviously lots can change between now and 65, but the current strategy is paying 1500 a month into an executive pension, increasing as I get older.

Any tax free thing will come from this. I also have a small enough tax free thing from the DB pension, not sure how much but not a huge amount.

All subject to future income and employment prospects though. I'm better off than at lot, worse than others. I plan to be mortgage free in 10-12 years time as well, but life could end up laughing in my face at that thought later.
                                                    You're crushing versus the average and you are the tortoise who will inevitable get there. WP imo.

Comment

Had a meeting yesterday with one of our clients about the vision for their digital products. Client is a very large Telco who prides themselves on providing good customer service on the phone.

So much so that the logo for their customer service is a person on a phone! They had 4 or 5 slides on how they want to move away from phone contact to more self serve - phone was the most expensive stream for them by a factor of 2.

Fair enough I thought, makes sense.

They whip into a few slides about using NLP and Chatbot AI to help customers online.

"Do you guys have developers working on this internally?"
                                                      "No - LOL silly peasant, we are a Telco, we arent BOT Builders"

"Oh... ok, so you are going to RFP or have a vendor in mind"
                                                      "Yes! Look at you learning"

"Ah when you want to have this implemented?"
                                                      "We have Q3 of this year, we've committed to X mil $ in savings"

"Well... the tech you want, and the level of accuracy you probably want since you've a major boner over being so good at giving phone answers, isn't nearly mature enough yet"

"Oh."
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Have you always paid this much or have been increasing towards it, fair play!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                          You're crushing versus the average and you are the tortoise who will inevitable get there. WP imo.
                                                          Confirmed tortoise.

Comment

I thought this place laughed at lotto players?? -ev for everyone except rigger.

Box in croker and anfield. Huge gaff. Shit load of holidays. Family friends. Every big sporting event Round the world. Hookers - too old to try cocaine now. Wsop.

Comment

If I won the lotto -

I'd organize a massive group of my friends/family/people I don't like but are banter at a party and get em all on a plane to Vang Vieng for a month of The Tubing.

They'd enjoy it so much that I get kudos and they'd leave such shells that I'd never be asked for anything again. Bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Have you always paid this much or have been increasing towards it, fair play!
                                                                Not even close. Everything up until 6 years ago is represented in the defined benefit pot, then nothing for about 4 years, then as above since the start of last year. Most of my future pension pot is aspirational!

I'll have an increase in outgoings once the kid starts creche, etc, but on the other hand I'll hardly ever go out again (it seems), never mind if another one happens.

It's what I think can happen, and intend to do. Best laid plans and that though...

Comment

Hire a chef, buy courtsides, get to know Harlabob, dog Hellmuth in a cash game, buy meet and greets for every interesting gig going, buy Porto Rico.

Comment

Would everyone mind not talking about pensions. Its making me (nearly 50) feel real stupid for being utterly dissorganised..

It breaks my heart to put any away each year as a lump sum but ill have to start.

For a supposed Gamblers/Poker players forum so many are light years more sensible than me.

The contrast between "so i 5bet 75c knowing he couldn't call light" to " i put away 15-20% of my salary on pension" is hilarious
                                                                    sigpic
                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        I'd say that at least 20+ people on this site in their 30s would be worth a few 100k on a net basis. The average earnings on here would be higher than the country as a whole too...

Irish people put on the poor mouth and hate talking about money, earnings etc but loads of people are doing well (and conversely loads of people are scraping by) there's just no honesty about it. Either to other people or indeed ourselves. It leads to loads of perverse behaviour imo. Loads of people doing well and bursting their balls doing stuff they could just outsource, and not due to meanness but because they don't want to be perceived as doing well. It's a fascinating thing to observe. Like if you want to have a decent retirement with a gross income of 30kpa independent of state benefits you need to be planning for a pension of 1.2m or so. If people don't have a decent wedge gathered in their 30s and be on that path how do they think they are going to get there?
                                                                        So true about the perverse behavior around money.o have had and prob still do have a lot of stupid ideas about it. Prob more prevalent outside of Dublin ,there’s enough enclaves there where everyone is on the same page finance wise that there is no need for the poor mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          This is just a six month stock purchase program right?
                                                                          Yup, only the stock purchase is done every 12 months rather than every six

Fuckhead is a great one.
                                                                          I much prefer knob jockey and for real venom, stick 'Fire it up your fucking gash ya' in front of it

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

[Probability sidenote for LaoLao to prevent him losing his shirt]
                                                                          Thing is, I'm in no rush to sell so if something did go massively wrong, I could afford to wait it out plus only keeping max of $15K in the share A/c limits the exposure. This isn't the retirement plan. I have a pension on top of this plus savings. For me this is essentially free money with the discount plus some interest in a company that I think is very solid.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          Hmm.
                                                                          Ha! Insite is the name of our intranet in work, I must write that word out dozens of times every week, it must have become second nature at this point!

Comment

Deadparrot, RichieM, anyone else, still on for #pwp later?
                                                                            Would come meet you lads but half cut already. Let me know where you ladshead

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                              Would come meet you lads but half cut already. Let me know where you ladshead
                                                                              Looking like Neary's. Will be there in half an hour or so. All welcome, especially PAF.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

BBV, I need to buy some Kilkenny in the coming weeks and need your help. I need it in a bottle and not a can, have tried 7 offies/tesco's/etc near me but they only have in cans.

Surely isn't too difficult to find but I figured I'd ask if anyone has seen it in the city centre at any point, otherwise I'll ring some places
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Rigger always buys a lotto ticket with the same numbers twice: he is so confident he is going to win that he wants 2 shares of all prize money.
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Looking like Neary's. Will be there in half an hour or so. All welcome, especially PAF.
                                                                                    Should do this again, some time towards the end of November preferably, when i'm back in the Emerald Isle for a few days!

Comment

If I won the lotto -

I'd organize a massive group of my friends/family/people I don't like but are banter at a party and get em all on a plane to Vang Vieng for a month of The Tubing.

They'd enjoy it so much that I get kudos and they'd leave such shells that I'd never be asked for anything again. Bonus.
                                                                                      Tubing in the Vang Vieng is one of my favorite life events thus far, going to be hard to beat.
                                                                                      Would probably edge that experience over the Superbowl and McGregor Aldo tbh.

Pretty sure its gone now? Or most definitely not the same?

As a single man now, I think I’ll go back late next year. That or South America.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                        Tubing in the Vang Vieng is one of my favorite life events thus far, going to be hard to beat.
                                                                                        Would probably edge that experience over the Superbowl and McGregor Aldo tbh.

Pretty sure its gone now? Or most definitely not the same?

As a single man now, I think I’ll go back late next year. That or South America.
                                                                                        Yeah. Its quite a bit different now... but I think its cyclical.

It all ended (the real madness anyway) in early 2012 afaik. It was the hazy highpoint in the winter months before that. I was working in Vietnam when backpackers were coming through with stories of military beatdowns and bars being destroyed in early Feb 2012.

I had just been there the October before - and it was nuts. Unlike anything I'd ever experienced. It was so intense - every day absolutely hammering yourself with whatever substance you could find. That stupid Vang Vieng dance that everyone got involved in. Mushrooms. Weed. Standing on top of tuk tuks as you drive home. That slide. The water pillow. Madness. I saw numerous people go under and be dragged out blue. Head injuries and foot injuries everywhere. The town was like a scene from the walking dead, if the zombies enjoyed family guy and friends in their downtime. It really was everything most hipster backpackers loved to hate... but fuck me... it was a time.

Met this American chap from South Carolina that owned the 3rd Bar with his Cambodian missus (read she owned it and he as white face of it). He was planning on expanding the bar out and adding new features for white people to play on... wonder how that worked out.

Comment

Change of venue, we're in the Banker's Draft

Comment

Comment

IPB works in Abu Dhabi, surprising.

Amazing what having gazillions to blow can get you. Tje airport is like the UN.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah. Its quite a bit different now... but I think its cyclical.

It all ended (the real madness anyway) in early 2012 afaik. It was the hazy highpoint in the winter months before that. I was working in Vietnam when backpackers were coming through with stories of military beatdowns and bars being destroyed in early Feb 2012.

I had just been there the October before - and it was nuts. Unlike anything I'd ever experienced. It was so intense - every day absolutely hammering yourself with whatever substance you could find. That stupid Vang Vieng dance that everyone got involved in. Mushrooms. Weed. Standing on top of tuk tuks as you drive home. That slide. The water pillow. Madness. I saw numerous people go under and be dragged out blue. Head injuries and foot injuries everywhere. The town was like a scene from the walking dead, if the zombies enjoyed family guy and friends in their downtime. It really was everything most hipster backpackers loved to hate... but fuck me... it was a time.

Met this American chap from South Carolina that owned the 3rd Bar with his Cambodian missus (read she owned it and he as white face of it). He was planning on expanding the bar out and adding new features for white people to play on... wonder how that worked out.
                                                                                                It was like nothing I have ever experienced in my life, lucky to survive looking back. Summer of 2010 for me. The Guesthouse we stayed in, his best friend was a weed farmer, so he had a massive jar at reception that we could take as we pleased and he filled it a few times a day. Every restaurant had their special menu with everything from weed & mushie garlic bread to shakes. One bar was a little madder than the rest, think it was called JDs? Opium tea, blackout city. Pretty sure he Tasered me one night to see was I alive.

The river itself had a record amount of tourist deaths and was easy to see why, doing a shake and jumping in the river was standard. It's an achievement to make it out alive it seems.

We went for 4 days and stayed for 8 with one of the lads saying fuck it and stayed for a month.

Fucking shocking behavior looking back, but no regrets.

Comment

It was like nothing I have ever experienced in my life, lucky to survive looking back. Summer of 2010 for me. The Guesthouse we stayed in, his best friend was a weed farmer, so he had a massive jar at reception that we could take as we pleased and he filled it a few times a day. Every restaurant had their special menu with everything from weed & mushie garlic bread to shakes. One bar was a little madder than the rest, think it was called JDs? Opium tea, blackout city. Pretty sure he Tasered me one night to see was I alive.

The river itself had a record amount of tourist deaths and was easy to see why, doing a shake and jumping in the river was standard. It's an achievement to make it out alive it seems.

We went for 4 days and stayed for 8 with one of the lads saying fuck it and stayed for a month.

Fucking shocking behavior looking back, but no regrets.
                                                                                                  JayDee's - YES! We spent all our time there. Some man. The fucking taser and tennis racket fly swatter. Racking up jagerbombs on the bar and pouring our own drinks - he was some hero!

Yeah you got sucked in. You'd have people hitting up the tour I worked on in Ha Long Bay with an arm full of those bracelets. Some craic. Honestly don't think I could do it again but at the time... king of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Should do this again, some time towards the end of November preferably, when i'm back in the Emerald Isle for a few days!
                                                                                                    Careca has also said he would like a beers before Xmas as he is busy tomorrow and Sunday so won't make it out tomorrow night. End of November could be ideal.

Andy said he'd organise it

Comment

Done Dobs.

Metalman cans reduced to clear in M&S Liffey Valley, €1.50 ea. €3.30 normally.

Best before end Nov, think they had about 45 left after I grabbed a few.
                                                                                                      This is important news
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        This is important news
                                                                                                        They do a lovely smoked chili stout

Comment

Good article on Silicon Valley engineers regretting what they’ve unleashed on the world
                                                                                                          Must whip it out next time someone tells me their kid is a genius because they can swipe left on an iPhone

The Google, Apple and Facebook workers who helped make technology so addictive are disconnecting themselves from the internet. Paul Lewis reports on the Silicon Valley refuseniks who worry the race for human attention has created a world of perpetual distraction that could ultimately end in disaster

Comment

In Jeff we trust.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                              In Jeff we trust.
                                                                                                              He scored last weekend in a 1-0 win and I thought of you straight away. Do you back him for Burnley or just Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                He scored last weekend in a 1-0 win and I thought of you straight away. Do you back him for Burnley or just Ireland?
                                                                                                                Both but missed last weeks , was in bed.

PP had a first 15 mins special, 25/1 for him...
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

This a nice relaxing 10 mins.

30 day timelaps of a cargo ship, the size of singapore and hong kong ports !

Follow my adventures on Instagram! http://instagram.com/Jeffrey.hkDropped new timelapse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBMpzW_B58Hi all, i built a 24K res...
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Fully expected Bill O'Herlihy at the end of the intro music there. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      Both but missed last weeks , was in bed.

PP had a first 15 mins special, 25/1 for him...
                                                                                                                      On that PP specail too.

It's Jeff's night Ole.

18/1 for 2 or more and 175/1 for the hatrick

Comment

On that PP specail too.

It's Jeff's night Ole.

18/1 for 2 or more and 175/1 for the hatrick
                                                                                                                        Its a small list.

This too shall pass.

Comment

kosovo look to be improving. went from 6-0 drubbing by croatia at home to a 1-0 loss away recently.
                                                                                                                          In there last outing lost 1-0 to the mighty finderland.

Ukraine next up and im backing the kos to get something. 25/1.
                                                                                                                          Looks like a struggle to score to more than the 1 goal in games to date so bets.

1-0 kosovo 50/1
                                                                                                                          1-1 draw 16/1
                                                                                                                          kosovo to score a goal 8/5.......incase things go bad and we have live bet until end.

In other news had to ring the lottos there cause couldnt log in. cunts had me on hold for ages on a 1890 number. told busy with the jackpot when some yuppie did answer. well duuuuuh get more staff on then. reckon i need 3 numbers to break even with the phone call.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X