Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Pro tip - go to Portaventura world near salou in Spain (not far from Barcelona). Way cheaper and can get cheap accom nearby. The rollercoasters etc. are also way better
    But its not disney, dadda.

Comment

Car insurance is due next week so I'm clicking around different places.

The crowd I'm currently with increase by ~€800 if I give my address in Limerick instead of the old one in Ranelagh. A different crowd increase by ~€350 if I give my address in Ranelagh instead of Limerick.

Tralee is cheaper than both on both websites. Bizarre stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

... never mind

In an unrelated karma incident missed the El Tren tip last night so no free money to rub on titties for me
        Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        Heatwave here, last day in work, got paid out nearly a month in unused annual leave. Not majorly rushed to find a new job tbh.
        Heading over there Wednesday morning for a week with the family, better pack the F50 !
        This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              Heading over there Wednesday morning for a week with the family, better pack the F50 !
              Looks like it will get back to normal nice weather by then. Was around 30c last night.

Comment

Are they just summer prices for Euro Disney?

A mate of mine goes for a week pretty much every year in January - Him, wife and two kids but didn't think he was shelling out that kind of money

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  €1,500 for three-days two-nights in DisneylandParis without even a morsel of food thrown in. The prices are outrageous.
                  I used to think disney land resort was big (19 km^2) then i went to Florida, (119km^2), that is insane, 5 times bigger and is bigger than Dublin City.

It took me two whole days to go around universal studios with express passes and that has to be smaller than disneyland paris even. Highlight was getting $300 of tickets for $20 (spent the rest on margaritas) the girl clearly was a fan of the Irish charm.

No way would I ever bring a family to a place like that.

Comment

My daughter is 5 and she's already over Disney. She's all about the YouTube stars now.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      My daughter is 5 and she's already over Disney. She's all about the YouTube stars now.
                      and Roblox, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        Are they just summer prices for Euro Disney?

A mate of mine goes for a week pretty much every year in January - Him, wife and two kids but didn't think he was shelling out that kind of money
                        My sisters and their myriad kids have been doing this for aeons also. No way they'd shell out top dollar to stand in a queue that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          But its not disney, dadda.
                          Tough shit you little brat,if you want Disney show me the money.
                          And no I'm not taking out a bank loan to buy you a treehouse either.
                          Kids these days

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            and Roblox, yeah?
                            Not seen that one...I'll tell her about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              and Roblox, yeah?
                              My son is absolutely obsessed with Roblox.. Can't understand the appeal myself.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                Yeah, been an m unreal week. Real feel of 42 with a temp of 35-37 most days, suggesting it'll be back to 31 or so next week with the usual high humidity lots of Suncream is key for sure.

Lowest temp today (4am) is forecasted to be 27 and there's another 2.5 months of this ahead. I'd much prefer the March/April weather all year round personally but it's a minor complaint.
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Parents are idiots

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    7 hours into server repair and the plug is pulled...grrrrr
                                    Fuck that. Hope you're on the right side of it now.

Great thread on reddit about a junior dev guy's first and last day. He accidentally nuked a production database. The company didn't have a proper backup strategy in place. Oops.... link

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      Parents are idiots
                                      Seems harsh. Any basis for this claim?
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

€1,500 for three-days two-nights in DisneylandParis without even a morsel of food thrown in. The prices are outrageous.
                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        We've just flat-out refused to ever bring the kids there. They've given up asking!
                                        Mrs DP very interested in bringing deadpidgeon as soon as the idea of a giant bilingual anthropomorphic mouse/duck etc doesnt kill her on sight.

I've countered with disneyworld at a later date, negotiations are ongoing
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          Fuck that. Hope you're on the right side of it now.

Great thread on reddit about a junior dev guy's first and last day. He accidentally nuked a production database. The company didn't have a proper backup strategy in place. Oops.... link
                                          Yeah I'm on the right side for once.
                                          Opex/Capex/outsourcing proven once again to be a fucking shell game

I've renamed production tables using keyboard to skip through schemas but havent dropped anything yet
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

actually i was looking only at the five-star hotel option in Disney by accident. There's actually a €700 option hotel. Two nights, three-day VIP passes, breakfast included, for two adults, two kids. Its not cheap, but suppose its not a killer either.
                                              luckily I didnt fire that arrow before finding out it's made of biscuits....

Comment

Comment

actually i was looking only at the five-star hotel option in Disney by accident. There's actually a €700 option hotel. Two nights, three-day VIP passes, breakfast included, for two adults, two kids. Its not cheap, but suppose its not a killer either.
                                                  That's actually decent, those places tickets alone are very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                    Seems harsh. Any basis for this claim?
                                                    No. Just a mass generalisation.

Comment

we frenchies go to parc asterix, just around the corner, great fun and half the price (and really well done too!!)

Comment

and 3 days in disney is overkill tbh!!!

Comment

But it's not 5 star dada

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            we frenchies go to parc asterix, just around the corner, great fun and half the price (and really well done too!!)
                                                            Mais ce n'est pas disney papa.

Comment

any cousins sites still operating?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                any cousins sites still operating?
                                                                A proxy site still gets you to the high seas. I use proxyduck.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  A proxy site still gets you to the high seas. I use proxyduck.
                                                                  super, working away as we speak. Thanks a mill

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                    But it's not 5 star dada
                                                                    Not my child!

Comment

Mais ce n'est pas disney papa.
                                                                      asterix and obelix are far bigger stars for kids and grown ups in France than Disney ever will be, the only reason why kids may prefer going to disney is the size and the marketing, but they'd be easily convinced that asterix is so much cooler!!!

Comment

Yeah, and the Irish kids go mad for a theme park based on a bag a cheese & onion.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Moto G still best value for money.
                                                                          Noted.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          thought the same but €499 isnt exactly budget smartphone
                                                                          I'll give it a while before pulling the trigger
                                                                          Just pulled the trigger, 8gb RAM & 128GB memory guy on boards had a code up for €20 off and said it works multiple times. They're definitely moving away from budget phone territory.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Just started using the Moto g5 plus today. V nice so far
                                                                          Quick YouTube review and it looks decent, like to get a OnePlus 3T for the girlfriend's mother but some of the websites coming up look a little dodgy, anybody get links?
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That was always the plan, offer great deals until you are known, become the same as everybody else to maximise profit. Only way into the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                              That was always the plan, offer great deals until you are known, become the same as everybody else to maximise profit. Only way into the market.
                                                                              €500/€560 for a high end phone is still pretty good, it was inevitable that's the way they were gonna go, I'm still digging OnePlus.
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                They have made themselves look like some hip startup when the reality deviates from that truth quite a bit when you see who they are most likely in bed with.

The hype around OnePlus is stupid and it needs to go away.Video from The Verge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onBiCn963XMLaunch event: https://www.youtube....

Opr

Comment

Hi strangers, been a while!

Looking info, whats parking options at Ossary Road, North Strand next to TNDO fitness at 10am Saturday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Yeah, and the Irish kids go mad for a theme park based on a bag a cheese & onion.
                                                                                    You could have based it on a lot worse to be fair
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Trains to The Curragh for racedays, is that still a thing?
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Trains to The Curragh for racedays, is that still a thing?
                                                                                        Heuston to Kildare train station and a boring bus transfer.
                                                                                        Sadly no longer stops at the Curragh 'station' to allow racegoers to scramble through bramble into the course, and the hi-tech stepladder is probably residing in a rail museum somewhere.

Comment

Sadly no longer stops at the Curragh 'station' to allow racegoers to scramble through bramble into the course, and the hi-tech stepladder is probably residing in a rail museum somewhere.
                                                                                          Interesting that I appear to be a closet train fanatic judging by that picture.

Yep, me & Dom, train buddies.

Comment

Gonna head to the curragh Sun with Mia , anyone got tickets they dont want. I often see tickets floating about obv thats why I am asking.
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah, I did remember going to the 'Budweiser Irish Derby' with a date when 17 and the train definitely stopped at the racetrack. Generous won iirc.

Have a free afternoon tomorrow so was considering a repeat. Minus the 17 y/o.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hats off to the Disney crowd. Started with the €900 3-day-2-night option and they moved me along so smoothly like a scene from The Sting until I unblinkingly filled in my card details for a total of €1,400. It's only ten minutes later, as I started to write this post, that I realised what they had done.
                                                                                                  You seem unusually bothered about an amount you used to spend on 2 or 3 hours lapdancing. If your daughter gets a buzz out of it, and it doesn't feel like on hell on earth to you and your wife, it's not that mad expensive really.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is it possible to just turn up at the curragh tomorrow and pay at the gate or is it ticket only? Have been looking for something to do tomorrow and that would.suit us nicely.

If we need tickets, would appreciate two if any going?

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 30-06-17, 22:24.

Comment

Is it possible to just turn up at the curragh tomorrow and pay at the gate or is it ticket only? Have been looking for something to do tomorrow and that would.suit us nicely.

going by site seems sold out and cant buy at gate
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

@thedrunkenone, if hersef and myself ended up in NI at some stage (With the dog), would you be keen to take us out for a day on the water?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              going by site seems sold out and cant buy at gate
                                                                                                              Yeah checked after you mentioned the curragh. Have been looking for something to.do for the day. Munster final Sunday so need to entertain herself tomorrow pity it's ticket only

Comment

Yeah checked after you mentioned the curragh. Have been looking for something to.do for the day. Munster final Sunday so need to entertain herself tomorrow pity it's ticket only
                                                                                                                chance jumping the fence? dont clip it

I did it at electric picnic 7 yrs ago, handy enough
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  @thedrunkenone, if hersef and myself ended up in NI at some stage (With the dog), would you be keen to take us out for a day on the water?
                                                                                                                  Make sure you don't offer petrol money.

Comment

Tomorrow is definitely sold out and there will be none on sale at the gate, Sunday is still on sale.
                                                                                                                    If I come across any going spare tomorrow I'll let ye know
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Its an open 19ft boat so it all depends on weather etc for comfort. Gladly take anyone out but a couple with a dog would not be practical.

Heres me on my own a couple years ago and as you can see its not a cruise type option. I could move some stuff and not sing lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                        Hi strangers, been a while!

Looking info, whats parking options at Ossary Road, North Strand next to TNDO fitness at 10am Saturday morning?
                                                                                                                        No info? Looking like I gonna be driving into Dublin in morning hoping for a safe car park

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Tomorrow is definitely sold out and there will be none on sale at the gate, Sunday is still on sale.
                                                                                                                          If I come across any going spare tomorrow I'll let ye know
                                                                                                                          Would appreciate that. Ty

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X