Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They cheated to make sure they won after the last point yes.

Comment

Was there not some financial services or insurance company that could have given Luke Fitzgerald a show up and do nothing/get wheeled out for clients type job? There’s way too many ex players (across all sports) who are going into punditry who have nothing to say and just pull their punches so as not to offend teammates. Kevin kilbane on off the ball and Colm cooper on Sunday game come to mind.alao have to leap across the room to flick the dial any time Brian o Driscoll comes on

Comment

I thought at the start that the Indo would have it set that both would come across well. Surprised they didn't have any ads on it (Don't remember any anyway). I'd say it will it will get some amount of listens.

When people realise they are out thought, out researched and flat out debated they call Kimmage a Bully.

Fitz was made shite of and had to finish with that rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          Do you feel that "cheating" after the last point is fair to be likened to systematic doping to gain a physiological edge on your opposition over a prolonged period of time or do you think they need to be defined differently?

Comment

Selective of you

Comment

What happened after the last point

Comment

Thought I was a gonner last night. No idea even now what happened.

I started getting horrendous chest pains. Like a mega mega heartburn but not quite the same. I was holding the centre of my chest and could not get a proper breath. I lay down on my front and nothing helped. This went on for at least 5 minutes. I couldn't get back up again at all. The pain was nothing like I had felt before. I started punching my chest, anything to see if it would help.

The little one was panicking a bit and asked what was wrong. Tony said I had eaten my dinner too fast (which was 100% not the case. I usually am bad but this time I really took my time) Eventually Tony got me back up sitting and I sipped water for a bit and finally started to feel a bit better.

Was terrifying as it just didn't seem to want to pass.

Today I have a pain in the centre of my back (just left of my spine) nothing is taing that away.

Turning 45 sucks. Still now idea what happened. Anyone else experience anything like that before?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

I started getting horrendous chest pains. Like a mega mega heartburn but not quite the same. I was holding the centre of my chest and could not get a proper breath. I lay down on my front and nothing helped. This went on for at least 5 minutes. I couldn't get back up again at all. The pain was nothing like I had felt before. I started punching my chest, anything to see if it would help.

The little one was panicking a bit and asked what was wrong. Tony said I had eaten my dinner too fast (which was 100% not the case. I usually am bad but this time I really took my time) Eventually Tony got me back up sitting and I sipped water for a bit and finally started to feel a bit better.

Today I have a pain in the centre of my back (just left of my spine) nothing is taing that away.

Turning 45 sucks. Still now idea what happened. Anyone else experience anything like that before?
                  Go to the hospital, you might have had a heart attack.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hospital.now.
                    Edit Andy already in there

Comment

Panic attack?
                      Sounds familiar to what I go through on a weekly basis.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

That's what happens when you give a women a rifle. Andy your to blame

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                          Panic attack?
                          Sounds familiar to what I go through on a weekly basis.
                          Not a panic attack, absolutely nothing to worry about. I was just relaxing at the time. I have no problems or worries

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            more xanax required.
                            Why? I am a pretty chilled person. I may be busy in work but I am not stressed. NEVER had xanax in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              My dad has a heart attack at 47. But he was pretty damn overweight, smoked and drank. I am normal weight, eat healthy don't smoke and don't overdo the drink either.

Comment

The graveyard is full of chilled out people. Don't be a bloke get looked at by a doctor not a thread.

Comment

My dad has a heart attack at 47. But he was pretty damn overweight, smoked and drank. I am normal weight, eat healthy don't smoke and don't overdo the drink either.
                                  Go to the hospital anyway.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Who else is picking up a SNES Classic today? Mine in waiting for me in a Smyths...

Comment

ECG stat

Stop arguing about it and get down to the doc.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No need to go to the hospital, you'll be grand. What's the worst that could happen?

Oh, hang on.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          ECG stat

Stop arguing about it and get down to the doc.
                                          In docs now. Good thing about here is you can walk into a pharmacy and see one.

Comment

Save money and get bubbleking to diagnose you. He checks in here every few months.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              Yep, that's what i told her. I said i'd call the ambulance and follow her down after the Arsenal match, but she wouldn't listen

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-09-17, 10:45.
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  Never got the obsession with the Mara's, they look like bulimic patients, way too skeletony.
                                                  The Maras? There's two of them

Pain to the left side of your body (chest, back, arm) is a red flag for a heart attack.
                                                  You need an ECG, or at least the blood test now.

Those all increase your risk of a heart attack. Not having them doesn't make you immune.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                    Do you feel that "cheating" after the last point is fair to be likened to systematic doping to gain a physiological edge on your opposition over a prolonged period of time or do you think they need to be defined differently?
                                                    Yeah they are different levels of cheating of course and PK never said they were the same so I don't see your point?

Wash the sand out of your vagina

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      Who else is picking up a SNES Classic today? Mine in waiting for me in a Smyths...
                                                      Got mine this morning too!

Comment

Just back into the office. She said to me that there is a good chance it is acid build up as I am ok today. She said there would be still something I would be feeling today . The pain that is radiating could be caused by that. She said it COULD have been a heart attack but she doesn't think it was but she could send me up to the hospital if I wanted. BUT if it happens again I have to go straight to emergency room, no matter what

So I have acid tablets for next 2 weeks and will see how it goes.

Comment

Just back into the office. She said to me that there is a good chance it is acid build up as I am ok today. She said there would be still something I would be feeling today . The pain that is radiating could be caused by that. She said it COULD have been a heart attack but she doesn't think it was but she could send me up to the hospital if I wanted. BUT if it happens again I have to go straight to emergency room, no matter what

So I have acid tablets for next 2 weeks and will see how it goes.
                                                          Did she use Google or Bing?

Comment

Yeah they are different levels of cheating of course and PK never said they were the same so I don't see your point?
                                                            Fouling players isn't 'cheating' of any level though, its a perfectly valid thing to do. If the ref spots it he awards a freekick/penalty & yellow/red/black as appropriate. It's just normal flow of game stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                              Did she use Google or Bing?
                                                              None of the above! examined me, listened to my insides from the front and back.

If I die you can get to pick what goes on the tombstone. "Told you so" or the likes

Comment

If ah said it could have been your heart, even if she thinks it probably wasn't, why not get it checked out anyhow? A fee hours in the waiting room is a small price to pay. If it was Tony who had the pains, would you be happy if he took your line of action?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  If ah said it could have been your heart, even if she thinks it probably wasn't, why not get it checked out anyhow? A fee hours in the waiting room is a small price to pay. If it was Tony who had the pains, would you be happy if he took your line of action?
                                                                  Dunno, I guess I am trusting the Dr. She seemed to think acid. The way the weird pain is could very well be something like that. When I walked to Dr it was fine while walking.

She said it could have been something to do with the heart but she didn't think so. If she was worried at all she would have said go up now not go up if you get any pain like that again.

Comment

If ah said it could have been your heart, even if she thinks it probably wasn't, why not get it checked out anyhow? A fee hours in the waiting room...
                                                                    Did you mean to post this in a Scottish accent?
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      Fouling players isn't 'cheating' of any level though, its a perfectly valid thing to do. If the ref spots it he awards a freekick/penalty & yellow/red/black as appropriate. It's just normal flow of game stuff.
                                                                      I agree but this was pre-meditated professional fouling with the intention to stop them getting the ball.

It is different to a late challenge no?

Comment

Dunno, I guess I am trusting the Dr. She seemed to think acid. The way the weird pain is could very well be something like that. When I walked to Dr it was fine while walking.

She said it could have been something to do with the heart but she didn't think so. If she was worried at all she would have said go up now not go up if you get any pain like that again.
                                                                        Dom is right Gil, yeah trust the doc, but not 100%.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Will yas all relax MrsF knows her body better than us (excluding Tony, Gigggidy)

Anyway it sounds like heartburn!

Comment

I agree but this was pre-meditated professional fouling with the intention to stop them getting the ball.

It is different to a late challenge no?
                                                                            I made a comment on some Facebook page after the Keegan incident that if he was gonna throw the GPS he should have gone the whole hog and thrown boots jersey the lot at him. You do what you have to do to win.

Philly McMahon puts it well

Comment

Wash the sand out of your vagina
                                                                              What do you associate Kimmage with? It's an associative issue and the narrative attached to Kimmage that makes his use of the word cheating an issue in this.
                                                                              He's known for exposing some of most serious issues of cheating in professional sport.

Kimmage should be aware that when he goes about referring to what Dublin did as cheating it creates a narrative that what they did was a systematic effort to break the rules in order to gain a substantial advantage well outside the rules of the game.

When he refers to cheating it is the more sinister form.
                                                                              I think that when someone like Kimmage comes out and criticises a team for cheating he should be crystal clear in what he thinks they done. You may call it semantics but I think when someone like Kimmage refers to a team.or athlete as a cheater it has far greater connotations than if a standard journalist says it.

Comment

Will yas all relax MrsF knows her body better than us (excluding Tony, Gigggidy)

Anyway it sounds like heartburn!
                                                                                Fuck I knew you wanted me dead Eoghan

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  Did you mean to post this in a Scottish accent?
                                                                                  Easier for her to understand.

The noo.

Comment

Get the doc to protect her overnight. Be grand.

Comment

The fact your doctor said it could have been the heart is reason enough to do the test. There's no way i'd trust a doctor who wasn't at least pretending to be be sure of themselves.
                                                                                      Even if she didn't think it was worth a trip to the hospital. It would have taken 5 mins to do a blood test.

Relevant story.
                                                                                      I hurt my knee on sunday. I knee the minute it happened what I was after doing.
                                                                                      Went to the doctor on monday morning, she moved my leg about a bit, did a few tests. Told me she didn't think i'd damage the ligaments, tendons etc. I was sure I had, so I flat out asked her to send me for an MRI. She tried to pawn me off with an ultrasound. But I persisted.
                                                                                      Got my MRI results yesterday. Torn my medial ligament as I suspected, but I've also torn my lateral ligament and torn my meniscus. She didn't think...

Comment

Women! I told her to go to hospital to get checked. I don't give a fuck if the doctor laughs and said it was an acid build up after checking her out, at least it will done and she can put her mind at ease. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

Mrsflushdraw

Comment

Ye are all a bunch of nagging wimmin. Waiting at triage to be seen.

Comment

What use are the Chinese in this situation ?

Comment

I hope it was a heart attack, that'll show you!

Comment

Yes.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

€700,00 guarantee in the Regency. Not even halfway there with less than 3 hours late reg in 1B left....

There is a Turbo 1c tonight but you must have played 1a or 1b to play in it

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      €700,00 guarantee in the Regency. Not even halfway there with less than 3 hours late reg in 1B left....

Jesus that is serious overlay! This afternoon should be the busiest time though. Are you in? any % going?

How the fuck did an outfit like Pokerstars end up in the Regency though. Compare that to the Barcelona Casino last month!

Comment

I'd pop in if it was actually in the convention centre.

Comment

Was taught to play the ref not the rules.

Valuable lesson both on and off the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

FFS of all times for MrsF to have a heart attack. I could be on a plane in an hour!

Comment

I can't play either. I don't understand the logic in closing day 1c to only reentries though.
                                                                                                              It's obviously easily said now and great for players already entered but i don't see how it ever made sense

Comment

It's like one long monty python sketch in here today. Some good lols.

Comment

Wow, am guessing the final overlay will be in the €200k-€250k range. That's feckin' massive!

Comment

Doctor said it's not looking like a heart attack But. She said I have a blocked artary and they need to check old ECG to see if it's always been blocked. Which she doubts but they need to check.

Son on way with medical files brought over from Ireland lol
                                                                                                                    Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 29-09-17, 13:41.

Comment

Glad you are ok Mrs Flushie and glad that you are getting the blocked artery sorted before it became a big problem.

A Scottish person with a blocked artery - what are the chances

Comment

Son on way with medical files brought over from Ireland lol
                                                                                                                        He's not a plane coming from Ireland just incase anyone thinks he is

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          He's not a plane coming from Ireland just incase anyone thinks he is
                                                                                                                          Haha I thought that at first

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X