Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    O/U bottles of vino consumed by Hitch at this point in the day?
    he's in the early manic stage, 1 imo
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
      Do they specialize in a specific type of investor or industry? I want to write about them and understand them better. Or the model better specific to Ireland.
      HALO, etc is just branding as far as I can see. They are VC though halo/angel tends to be individuals rather than companies. You still have to pay them back and they mainly care about payback. So... software good... theatre shows probably less good.

Who are the type of people or bodies to become angels? What criteria are they looking for in start ups?
      Without being smart... people with money. I imagine they are looking for a business with a good prospect of return on capital in the short term.

They appear to like software though there are certainly plenty getting involved with med device and Im sure other areas that I wouldn't have good visibility of.

Any interesting success stories ?
      Almost certainly but I cant think of any

For what it's worth for anyone in a small start up position the Enterprise Ireland CSF is essentially a VC fund with a few more supports for start ups.

If you are asking for yourself EI appear super keen to support female entrepreneurs at the moment.
      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
        Even if i didn't know any better, your Eoin thing and the weird thing about his dad is crazy as fck.
        Whatever may or may not have happened, it is none of your or any of our business. People's private business is not something that should be discussed in this manner.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

anyone experience of buying a phone from done deal or adverts? Risky or kosher?
            I've bought and sold a couple of phones on adverts without any issue. I guess feedback would be important depending how much you plan to spend.

Comment

Adverts should be fine, check their feedback for safety.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Does anyone know much about HBAN ?Halo Business Angel Network they are supposed to set up Angel investors with entrapenures? There is also The Irish Angel Investment Network I am askin ghere because you are all businessy type people. And brain boxes.
                Had never heard of this until 15 minutes ago while doing a task in work. I saw this guy and this is what it says. He is a Dragon type on Malaysian's style of it called Bull N'Goose

Matthew Nekvapil, Angel Investor

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  Five step guide to de tube
                  3. Avoid rush hour where possible
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Leicester Square to Covent Garden on the Piccadilly Line is the shortest trip on the Underground at 300 metres. At £5 for a single journey ticket it's pro-rata amongst the most expensive journeys in the world, though its doubtful if anyone does this trip.
                  More or less any journey inside zone 1 can be done quicker on a bike.
                  If you are going out further take a bike to avoid rush hour changes and the big crossing points.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ireland and Afghanistan awarded Test status

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Whatever may or may not have happened, it is none of your or any of our business. People's private business is not something that should be discussed in this manner.
                      That might be true, but he is commenting on things posted here months ago. Anything spewed onto here or any other social mediocre site is no longer private in my opinion.

Comment

I guess this is like that bit in Shawshank where the State Senate eventually give Andy a library because they're tired of saying no to him
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'll see your fidget spinners and raise you my Toothpick Crossbow

What a great time to be a 10 year old boy

Comment

Fucking Ziggy, man.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What the hell is it nowadays with videos on sites when I scroll past them reappearing in the bottom right and requiring me to x out of them? It seems like all the sites have only started doing it recently.

Comment

Got an email from a student pleading that his 25% be turned into a pass because it would be 'heartbreaking' for him to come home for his J1, where he's having the 'time of his life', for a repeat.

Comment

GAB tipping up the super-premium gin at £59 a bottle, eh.

Tanqueray 10 @ £33 will have to after Royal Ascot disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    Got an email from a student pleading that his 25% be turned into a pass because it would be 'heartbreaking' for him to come home for his J1, where he's having the 'time of his life', for a repeat.
                                    How well did he plead? Surely do him a solid

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      im about why youre

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                          im about why youre
                                          HE had linked the same article a day before.

It is one of the most fascinating things I've read all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

agh ok hadnt noticed! ya its so interesting, have seen some discovery type docs on the london u/g that are brilliant as well, its such a complex piece of infrastructure

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                surely though they got a discount on mike for him not speaking
                                                The look he can throw is worth more than any dialogue.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Easy with the spoilers there horses.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                    agh ok hadnt noticed! ya its so interesting, have seen some discovery type docs on the london u/g that are brilliant as well, its such a complex piece of infrastructure
                                                    there was an incredible doco on drilling a new line s while back on BBC

Lead engineer was mad with himself for being 3mm out after a 20km drill

Comment

Meh, the semiconductor industry can do sub-nanometer thickness control across a 300 mm wafer. We win!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                        I was completely disengaged from the Lions. Never really got into the whole cheering for a made up team and don't buy into the "highlight of my career" soundbites from people like Ferris.

I have been slowly but surely sucked in however and now can't wait for Saturday. Damn you Sky!
                                                        So true. You have to hand it to Sky they are good at building the hype!

PS A little birdie tells me you're changing job. Good luck with it.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

snip1.PNG

snip2.PNG

Is anybody else seeing any letters directly after the letter "m" are really close, the spacing seems off.

Just wondering if its just my settings or im going mad.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                            wasnt there a restraining order issued against you for someone?
                                                            No. Although some people think i should be sectioned. ( I am kidding)

I have no criminal record nay been arrested. My record with baby jesus however ....well meh screw him anyways he just want to ruin my fun!
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 22-06-17, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              [ATTACH]2495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2496[/ATTACH]

Is anybody else seeing any letters directly after the letter "m" are really close, the spacing seems off.

Just wondering if its just my settings or im going mad.
                                                              That often happens.
                                                              The side bearing of diff letters determines letter spacing in fonts the kerning setting determines the amount of space between diff letters. Some fonts in word don't look good embedded ..so you have to adjust the setting. Some fonts have worse kerning issues than others and especially when embedded into something like a PDF.

So no you ain't mad

Comment

Hitch I have no idea what you are on about ..............but you and I are fine no worries

Comment

Trump must be fairly certain that there is no one around him with enough cop on to keep a copy of the tapes he destroyed.

Comment

If you ever buy anything that says "can be eaten hot or cold"

Eat it hot! For gods sake it it hot!!!

Custard tarts are a probable exception!

Comment

Comment

I've sent a private message to peaceandfire apologising for those messages earlier. Sorry for thinking rumors were fact.
                                                                        What rumours and who has been spreading them? I confirm they are deffo not fact. But would be interested to know where they come from.

Also think it's kinda hilarious !

Comment

Posted the Test post just to make my Trump posts hadn't got me put on ignore.

Comment

Fruit farmers vote leave!

Cheap foreign labour view UK as a place that doesn't want them and decide that getting paid shit isn't worth the trip

Fruit farmers moan that Brexit is having an effect on their ability to get underpaid migrant workers to come and pick fruit

A 20% shortfall in migrant workers relied on to pick fruit and vegetables is blamed on Brexit making the UK seem ‘xenophobic’

Comment

By the way you and I are fine hitch curious to know where such bizarre rumors came from?

Comment

I've sent a private message to peaceandfire apologising for those messages earlier. Sorry for thinking rumors were fact.
                                                                                It's not private anymore is it!?

Comment

Fruit farmers vote leave!

Cheap foreign labour view UK as a place that doesn't want them and decide that getting paid shit isn't worth the trip

Fruit farmers moan that Brexit is having an effect on their ability to get underpaid migrant workers to come and pick fruit

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...shun-racist-uk
                                                                                  There will be a lot of businesses like that. Fruit prices may go up if they have to hire UK workers.

To be honest though I think they actually should be paying people a better wage. 'Underpaid workers ' is the point.

Comment

It's not private anymore is it!?
                                                                                    I made him No I asked him to explain.
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 22-06-17, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      Posted the Test post just to make my Trump posts hadn't got me put on ignore.
                                                                                      NEVER

Comment

anyone experience of buying a phone from done deal or adverts? Risky or kosher?
                                                                                        What phone are you looking to buy? I have a oneplus3 or a brand new oneplus5 not opened To sell.
                                                                                        Last edited by Frossach; 22-06-17, 20:54.

Comment

many here get their kids micra / sigma results yet?

kinda disappointed in Mia's, obv didnt say that to her.

7 in English , 6 in Maths she is 12 and in 5th class and was expecting at least 8s .

Do they drop scores as they get older ?

I am not liking the, he is only relatively happy!

I kept asking all week when are they posting results , think I was a bit too eagar as she went to him after school before he posted and asked him privately for her results and she told me with a bit of a scowl on the face , I obv said shur thats great and I'll have a look at report and get her a treat if im happy. She did great overall her report was fantastic great marks on all subjects just kinda peeved no 8s or 9s etc

SPOILER
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

whats micra / sigma?
                                                                                              ah was hoping you would be the very one with the answer lol ah you may google

Think its also called STEN scores
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

The education professional says he's not worried, so you shouldn't be. People mature at different rates. See for example the aforementioned 21 year old that thinks pleading for a 40% increase in his mark because he likes America is adult behaviour. It seems like she's a pretty well rounded kid which is far more important than standardised test scores at 12.

Lol MICRA standards for Mary Immaculate Reading Attainment Test....what a fucking country.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 22-06-17, 21:22.

Comment

...

Comment

Trinity and UCD decided they were too good to have mere 'lecturers' so they decided everyone in academic position should be called professor. DCU then said, well if you're professors then we're professors.....so now I'm a professor. A few more rounds of oneupmanship and I'll be Taoiseach.

Comment

The education professional says he's not worried, so you shouldn't be. People mature at different rates. See for example the aforementioned 21 year old that thinks pleading for a 40% increase in his mark because he like America. It seems like she's a pretty well rounded kid which is far more important than standardised test scores at 12.
                                                                                                        good point actually . Thanks . I kinda slipped a bit since taken up with sky and not putting in the effort I was re homework. I was banging on for last few months ah you will get 8 or 9 because you are brill so think we both were kinda a bit let down. Mia is very competitive like me and I saw it in her with results . but shur look maybe a good way to be?

Told her I would treat her Saturday to something small as she did well as I dont want her to worry if you get me and feel i am mad at her, which I am not . just kinda peeved at that 6
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

just did, shes smart with music though which is pure maths. Shes grand!
                                                                                                          she got a B in music, maintains he was out of line lol especially after ME being picked for NCH mammy!
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 22-06-17, 21:22. Reason: ended up smart maybe isn't right

Comment

not sure really - was considering everything really but was leaning towards an iPhone 7.
                                                                                                              Ok sounds. Can't help with a iPhone

Comment

i was dumb as fck in school, did really bad in the Leaving Cert. I think those tests don't mean much.
                                                                                                                youre still dumb as fuck
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

7 in English , 6 in Maths she is 12 and in 5th class and was expecting at least 8s .

I kept asking all week when are they posting results , think I was a bit too eagar as she went to him after school before he posted and asked him privately for her results and she told me with a bit of a scowl on the face , I obv said shur thats great and I'll have a look at report and get her a treat if im happy. She did great overall her report was fantastic great marks on all subjects just kinda peeved no 8s or 9s etc

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Those numbers are not anywhere near as important as people make out, far too much emphasis being put on them by parents. The script at the end is much more significant and that one reads very well.
                                                                                                                  Nevertheless the numbers 6 and 7 cover a wide percentage (its not a straight line with 6 being 50 - 60%)and are taken to mean that she is strong in those subjects.

Edit
                                                                                                                  You should be reading this doc to understand what the scores mean

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 22-06-17, 21:46.

Comment

Meh, the semiconductor industry can do sub-nanometer thickness control across a 300 mm wafer. We win!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      I was singled out as a kid genius due to these things then proved them wrong in spectacular fashion. They mean sweet feck all.

Comment

Those numbers are not anywhere near as important as people make out, far too much emphasis being put on them by parents. The script at the end is much more significant and that one reads very well.
                                                                                                                        Nevertheless the numbers 6 and 7 cover a wide percentage (its not a straight line with 6 being 50 - 60%)and are taken to mean that she is strong in those subjects.

Edit
                                                                                                                        You should be reading this doc to understand what the scores mean

http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/St...nd-STen-scores
                                                                                                                        thanks for that, The 7 in English thats grand so obv she above average , the average maths needs work. first time in my life alot of money saved, for her for college . I need to get the max out of her lol
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Some bad news for the design guys out the road. Good timing by me. Big shock.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X