Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJiggaman
    Anyone know of a decent subreddit where I could pay people (Freelancers) to build XML file templates for me?

Or indeed if anyone knows of anyone here that'd be a help too.

It involves Sport if that interests people any bit more.

build xsd's?
    like XML schema documents?
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      WFH is not so great when you have an absolute cliff edge deadline for next week, nothing is working, everything is taking 2x or 3x the time to do basic stuff, you can't get past square 1 playing snakes and ladders with only snakes and there is no one around who can help.

I am very grateful to be still working but feck I could do with it being just a bit easier right now
      i foolishly figured I could use some tv monitors in the house and am now stuck working on 14" laptop screen which doesn't lend itself super well to large data migration and ETL processes.
      It's not the end of the world but a niggle that I'm going to have to put up with for the next 2 months.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Thinking of trying to build a gambling model as a project to learn some coding

Anyone recommend any good sites/YouTube channels etc to start with

Starting point, an envelope with stuff written on it

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          103 people in ICU with covid19, only 37% of this number over 65. Stay the fuck at home unless its absolutely essential people.
          Where did you get the age breakdown?

I saw the ICU number but I didn't think they were releasing the demographics.

Similar case with the 25-34 year old who unfortunately passed, they didn't comment(to my knowledge) regarding whether an underlying condition existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            Freelancer.com? There are a lot of useless ppl there but there are also some real gems.
            Nice one, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              Where did you get the age breakdown?

I saw the ICU number but I didn't think they were releasing the demographics.

Similar case with the 25-34 year old who unfortunately passed, they didn't comment(to my knowledge) regarding whether an underlying condition existed.
              Fergal Bowers tweet

Comment

Oooh Hitch, Zuut will box the head of ye
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fiverr's mission is to change how the world works together. Fiverr connects businesses with freelancers offering digital services in 500+ categories.

have had decent results with a fair few projects on that
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    build xsd's?
                    like XML schema documents?
                    I think so!

Something along the lines of the below (which we have in work). It's an API call, but same idea:

Below is an example from an XML file that we push to clients (or they pull if they want):

Comment

i foolishly figured I could use some tv monitors in the house and am now stuck working on 14" laptop screen which doesn't lend itself super well to large data migration and ETL processes.
                      It's not the end of the world but a niggle that I'm going to have to put up with for the next 2 months.
                      just buy 2 cheapo monitors online
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Oooh Hitch, Zuut will box the head of ye
                        Twitter fighting? He's a completely different person on there. Might be doing it for $EV, I don't know. I gave up reading his stuff coz of all the wtf? moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Yeah you misunderstood it.
                          Care to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Twitter fighting? He's a completely different person on there. Might be doing it for $EV, I don't know. I gave up reading his stuff coz of all the wtf? moments.
                            Unsure whether you mean Hitch or your bro
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                              Anyone know of a decent subreddit where I could pay people (Freelancers) to build XML file templates for me?

Or indeed if anyone knows of anyone here that'd be a help too.

It involves Sport if that interests people any bit more.
                              Have you tried Fivver?

Comment

Fergal Bowers tweet
                                Yeah I saw that HPSC report, 87% of cases admitted to ICU over the age of 45.

6% of confirmed cases over the age of 65 require ICU care

1.6% of confirmed cases under the age of 45 require ICU care

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                  Have you tried Fivver?
                                  Tried Freelancer for the first time there and have gotten a million messages within a few minutes - So I'm trying to navigate my way around them ha.

Will check out Fivver too - Looks very good.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Couldn't accuse him of being ill-informed tbh. Sweden just turned him into a lefty!

Comment

Couldn't accuse him of being ill-informed tbh. Sweden just turned him into a lefty!
                                        Kobe quote, must be sound

Why Sweden and what does he generally report on?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                          Kobe quote, must be sound

Why Sweden and what does he generally report on?
                                          Respectively: a woman, and mostly sport but in reality everything.

He interviewed Kobe a week before the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                            Care to explain?
                                            Honestly I'm just going to try and leave it for the day if you don't mind. I've spent the morning agitated about it and it's a beautiful day, I'm busy and who cares what I think anyway

My intention wasn't to convey anything like an I'm alright Jack attitude if I can just say that without spending anymore time on it.

Comment

On another note, what's the lead time on those boxes of cans like?

Comment

Respectively: a woman, and mostly sport but in reality everything.

He interviewed Kobe a week before the crash.
                                                Fair enough, standard reason.

Yeah I forgot that, it must have been incredible.

One of the more insightful professional athletes of our time.
                                                He's on a list of those you'd want to sit down and discuss any aspect of any sport.

There's been better players but his competitiveness is on a Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan level

Comment

Hard to argue with. Spurs.

Comment

Honestly I'm just going to try and leave it for the day if you don't mind. I've spent the morning agitated about it and it's a beautiful day, I'm busy and who cares what I think anyway

My intention wasn't to convey anything like an I'm alright Jack attitude if I can just say that without spending anymore time on it.
                                                    Enjoy the day. I hadn't actually realised how nice it is out, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                      I think so!

Something along the lines of the below (which we have in work). It's an API call, but same idea:

Below is an example from an XML file that we push to clients (or they pull if they want):
                                                      they look quite simple tbh.
                                                      standard DB--> XML that could be queried out.
                                                      first one looks super standard and the next a tiny bit more complicated

If you wanted however, you could build XSD from each sample XML you have by opening each XML file in VS and simply clicking XSD-->Create Schema.

I'm sure most randommers in fivver could do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        just buy 2 cheapo monitors online
                                                        space is a premium I'm afraid.
                                                        Between a cocooning octogenarian who likes to wander, a cooped up 4 year old and the assorted detritus they create I'm stuck on my bed working.

Comment

they look quite simple tbh.
                                                          standard DB--> XML that could be queried out.
                                                          first one looks super standard and the next a tiny bit more complicated

If you wanted however, you could build XSD from each sample XML you have by opening each XML file in VS and simply clicking XSD-->Create Schema.

I'm sure most randommers in fivver could do it for you
                                                          Cheers Deadparrot - I genuinely just don't have the time to do it because of work, but while Working from Home I wouldn't to get a move-on with my own business stuff, so I thought it'd be a good avenue to go with.

I wouldn't even know how to price them up tbh.

Might give Visual Studio a go myself this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Well lets start with his idea that China created the global warning idea to make US manufacturing uncompetitive.

And yes there's a tweet.

“Chinese conspiracy theories started in 2016”
                                                            *posts tweet from 2012*

Comment

Comment

Comment

On another note, what's the lead time on those boxes of cans like?
                                                                  ordered mine Friday night/Saturday morning
                                                                  Arrived today

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                    any major disaster is good for Chinese Manufacturing... all our shit is made there, they are able to take advantage now of it due to the extreme measures it took (yes it was covered up blah blah blah but this was done on a local level more than a national level)

If this was an industry and China was a company that made a massive shift in order to survive we would be holding it up as a beacon of how companies should act in times of uncertainty
                                                                    That bit is not really true - We're in the middle of a major disaster right now and Chinese Manufacturing as a whole is fucked.

It was fucked for 6 weeks when they couldn't make anything due to being shut.

Now they are back open and the rest of the world is cancelling orders at a speed of knots as they have nobody to sell the goods to so they are fucked again.

There may be some exceptions with PPE, etc but overall Chinese Manufacturing is going to take a major hit as a result of this disaster.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    I find the idea of being stuck for things to do kinda mad tbh.
                                                                    This. I've never been so busy, minimum of 12 hour days in work plus weekends. By the time I get home, I don't want to do anything except go to bed.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    Anyone have any idea about a place that would deliver art supplies, maybe somewhere from UK that uses anpost may work?
                                                                    Hills Fine Art & Craft are an Irish compnay that sell on Amazon as far as I know, might be an option?
                                                                    Last edited by Lao Lao; 31-03-20, 12:50.

Comment

Mind boggling

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Hills Fine Art & Craft are an Irish compnay that sell on Amazon as far as I know, might be an option?
                                                                        Thanks man I'll have a look!
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

By ill-informed I mean that he hasn't quite thought everything through. Like all the praise about Swedish social services and how doesn't Ireland do that, Ireland is so backward. Like surely he is aware of the hefty wedge of tax he is forking over in Sweden and that's why they are able to do all that stuff. Maybe I mean populist, more than ill-informed. As all the SF types lap it up those tweets without thinking it through that there's a cost to all these services. Personally think the cost is well worth it - so we both agree on the outcomes - but that cost is: like in Sweden and France: about getting low-income workers to pay hefty tax and social charges.
                                                                          I pretty much agree with you. People seem to be willing to get into the most bitter arguments on the internet over positions they hold very lightly in real life

Comment

I see little evidence that Paddy is unwilling to pay tax for good services.

Comment

103 people in ICU with covid19, only 37% of this number over 65. Stay the fuck at home unless its absolutely essential people.
                                                                              Irish Times now quoting Dr Catherine Motherway as the number being 107 on vents plus another 26 suspected cases in intensive care.

While the recent reductions in the growth of new cases in encouraging, the ICU numbers are the critical ones in assessing where we are.

Comment

Irish Times now quoting Dr Catherine Motherway as the number being 107 on vents plus another 26 suspected cases in intensive care.

While the recent reductions in the growth of new cases in encouraging, the ICU numbers are the critical ones in assessing where we are.
                                                                                Yes, but today's new cases are next week's ICU numbers so they tell us more about where we will be which is arguably more important.

Comment

4 hours into 2 tourneys, and we're on the bubble or close in both, but they both crash (there was an issue earlier when the game was paused for half an hour, but they obviously managed to resolve whatever issue there wast). looks like Party's way of fixing it now is to cancel and refund everyone. WTF???

Comment

They're expecting a doubling of ICU capacity to approx 500 beds with the recently estimated maximum number of ICU admissions to reach 564 between 10-14 April. Hopefully those ICU admissions are based off the previous 15k estimate of confirmed cases for end of March.

One would hope that we also fall equally as short for ICU cases. It seems we likely overestimated the confirmed cases at this stage by 350-400%

Comment

Try and tell the guy on €35k taking home €2400 that now we're going to be like the Belgians, so here's your €1800 and see how you do

Comment

Yes, but today's new cases are next week's ICU numbers so they tell us more about where we will be which is arguably more important.
                                                                                        His point more referred to the delay in testing and more specifically test results means it may not be prudent to put too much stock in the new case numbers.

Comment

What's the general rule for being half cut whilst working from home . Asking for a friend ?

Comment

Paddy on the other hand is great at moaning and scravaging (this is my own word)

*AIB fees got taken out today for Jan-Mar.....fook the banks, robbin bastards

*Irish racing still on TV....scumbags at Racing TV charging us for watching Irish racing

*Netflix.....this should be free while were on all lockdown, pricks.

*Someone got laid off due to Covid19 and they're getting 50% more on the scratcher than me....joke of a country, government scum etc

Yet if a company lets people go or reduces hours.....scumbags, boycott them, outrage yadayada

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Paddy on the other hand is great at moaning and scravaging (this is my own word)

*AIB fees got taken out today for Jan-Mar.....fook the banks, robbin bastards

*Irish racing still on TV....scumbags at Racing TV charging us for watching Irish racing

*Netflix.....this should be free while were on all lockdown, pricks.

*Someone got laid off due to Covid19 and they're getting 50% more on the scratcher than me....joke of a country, government scum etc

Yet if a company lets people go or reduces hours.....scumbags, boycott them, outrage yadayada
                                                                                              Sounds like you spend too much of your time talking to people on the dole

Comment

Groaking is my fav word . My coworkers are doing a lot of it right now. They ate their rancherous and now want mine. Feck off .

Comment

His point more referred to the delay in testing and more specifically test results means it may not be prudent to put too much stock in the new case numbers.
                                                                                                  I know someone tested yesterday and confirmed negative at lunchtime.
                                                                                                  I think the speed of results are ramping up. It's a logistical issue at present because we're testing so much.

You can have faith it the numbers, we've proportionally tested 25% more people than SK in half the time. The confirmed cases are likely quite a good representation.

Up to yesterday we tested 51k people, the UK had tested 135k. 4x or so the testing volume.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Sounds like you spend too much of your time talking to people on the dole
                                                                                                        Actually come to think of it they all stem from a Corona Virus update page I was following. May stop as putting me on lifetilt.

Comment

His brother isn't Paddy Cosgrave!
                                                                                                          Paddy as in Paddy-Irish-Man, Paddy-likes-to-know-the-story etc

Comment

Is there any data for how accurate the Irish tests are?
                                                                                                            Or any tests in general? (besides the faulty Chinese ones)

Comment

Is there any data for how accurate the Irish tests are?
                                                                                                              Or any tests in general? (besides the faulty Chinese ones)

Comment

Was meant to be on a plane to San Francisco now for work/holiday for 2 weeks, then coming back to go to Sheffield for the World Snooker Championships. Fucking virus!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Actually come to think of it they all stem from a Corona Virus update page I was following. May stop as putting me on lifetilt.
                                                                                                                  I've been banned from them all.

Comment

UK fatalities up by 393. Age ranges 19-98 and 28 of them with no underlying conditions.

Comment

...

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The percentage of people in ICU that were previously deemed vulnerable would mean a lot more than an age
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X