Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Correct.

Enjoying Strewel losing it tbh
    Calling Wednesday about 3.10pm as the upward curve of madness moment.

Comment

2k walk. Name the band

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        2k walk. Name the band

https://youtu.be/-A4-As_636c
        SPOILER
        REM

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          SPOILER
          SPOILER
          I spotted it. Sneaky

Comment

Jaysus Solks, get them out onto a pitch and run the fook outta them.

SPOILER
            REM, they sing better than their aul lad anyway
            Last edited by Dice75; 29-03-20, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Jaysus Solks, get them out onto a pitch and run the fook outta them.

SPOILER
              REM, they sing better than their aul lad anyway
              I ran the legs off them. They are bolloxed.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                I can honestly say the best gadget I have bought in years is my slow cooker. Non stop usage practically 4 days, a week. Meatballs, and gnocchi currently sitting in it.

Nap time for me and dinner ready upon wake up. They are some job. Lamb being the nicest cooked from it.

I thought months ago would end shoved in press. Think the key is leave it on counter so you see it. Fantastic slow cooker group on fb with brilliant recipes, too.
                I told the brother about this. He is an avid user of the slow cooker also and has it about the same time. Could you post the recipe and timings of your Meatball and gnocchi as I just told him about this and he asked for the recipe? No need to go into how you make the meatballs but if there is any knacks let me know. What kind of gnocchi you use or are you particular about anything?.

btw is the air fryer still getting a run these days?

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    SPOILER
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Here's my Irish Carpenter Boards effort. Roof to follow when hardware stores re-open.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        What elbows said. Multiples by 4 instead of 2. Do"h
                        Last edited by pokerhand; 29-03-20, 15:56.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          @Flushdraw

Why don't you fire up a 10c / 20c cash game in the ipb club on stars and we could try starting a zoom session to go with it
                          Will get one set up tomorrow. On the work laptop and don't have stars on it. Will get back on my own laptop tomorrow and hook up a game!

Comment

Growth rate trend is starting to look good here now. Trending to be in the low single figures by the 5th of April or so.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              Growth rate trend is starting to look good here now. Trending to be in the low single figures by the 5th of April or so.
                              Pairc ui Chaoimh testing centre closed today due to lack of availability of test kits. May possibly open tomorrow.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  Wired best
                                  Homeplugs next best
                                  Then Wifi Mesh
                                  Then repeaters

Repeaters / extenders / boosters are not great tbh. You can get decent mesh systems for <€100 now https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenda-Nova-...mputers&sr=1-7
                                  Thanks for this. Homeplugs seem pretty reasonably priced and currys are still delivering them so I'll try that. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Comment

A Hidden Life is quite an extraordinary movie.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

We have now tested 51k people, proportionally that's over 25% more than South Korea.

100k additional tests have been procured, new facility in CityWest to help manage infected patients.

Hard to argue thus far.

Comment

There is always hope.

Cleared out two massive shrubberies over the course of Jan\Feb. Put down grass seed about 2/3 weeks back with the intention of doubling or more my lawn area. Was just out in the back garden, and, wait what is that green tinge, is that...yes it is.

Little grass shoots emerging in the Spring.

A suitable metaphor for life, or just 'wow, RD3 managed to grow grass'.

I will take either tbf.

Comment

Grand aul stretch in the evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                            We have now tested 51k people, proportionally that's over 25% more than South Korea.

100k additional tests have been procured, new facility in CityWest to help manage infected patients.

Hard to argue thus far.
                                            Boards is an awful place. Posters calling out low cases today due to change in testing criteria which are in fact geared to catching more cases!

Theres about 5% of decent stuff in there but getting to the stage whether going through the rest is worth my headspace!

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                              Pairc ui Chaoimh testing centre closed today due to lack of availability of test kits. May possibly open tomorrow.
                                              Seems to be a few other places too.

Looks like we have hit the first point of failure on our ridiculous good testing approach.

I think theres another 100k due next week but not sure what day

Comment

Pretty much this

Comment

Currently temporarily unemployed until further notice. Apparently HR put some pressure on the owner and he cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    Very late for me to thinking but cant you create a user with different permissions, or a chroot jail with a copy of updated files, and a couple scripts to check stuff.

Or send to this central location and have it do the pushing with scp or whatever upon edits.
                                                    I would prefer to not have people doing anything directly in the Linux machine itself for a whole host of reasons. I thought initially with the setup that I would be able to host the config files somewhere outside the machine that it could read them from and people could update them in that place. I would prefer to have the machine a BlackBox that people don't need to touch.

The problem arose as I can't find a way to configure the program to read those files from anywhere apart from a local drive on the machine. Your second option is along the lines of something I was thinking but I just thought there might be a better solution in Linux for this that I hadn't considered as I don't work with it very much.

Opr

Comment

The video messages and projector/screen were a big success and a lovely surprise for Mrs V on her birthday. May have been one of the best pressies I’ve gotten her in a long time. I used iMovies on my iPhone yesterday morning for about 45 minutes to edit the stuff together before she woke up.

My bro got his kids to do a re-enactment of ROGs drop goal for the grand slam as a great moment that she’d been to. Absolutely hilarious. I’ll try and post it later.

I really didn’t get all the hating on Laz the other day. We need to stay sane and stay kind to one another during this thing. Enough stress out there without this place adding to it for folk.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Some guy was spotted out flying today on Flightradar and there was quite the pile on!

Comment

Eh ... I would have said ... shit, dunno how to spoiler it ... But a number with...let's say ... A zero in it ... No?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            This is kind of apples and oranges though due to extensive US testing and a bigger population.

A better statistic for caparison between countries is deaths per million.

US 7

Italy 178
                                                            Spain 141
                                                            Germany 6
                                                            France 40
                                                            UK 18
                                                            Netherlands 47
                                                            Belgium 37

Ireland 9

We are in no position to look down our noses at the Yanks.

China's 2 and Japan's 0.4 are a mystery to me.
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks V
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Another incredibly senior and successful Doctor with a criminally bad graph (As an aside plotting the daily rise or fall is a useless way to learn anything). Today's figure is less than yesterday's so he just puts it in as zero? Plotting actual data points and then captioning the chart with something about a 5 day exponential model?

Comment

Another incredibly senior and successful Doctor with a criminally bad graph (As an aside plotting the daily rise or fall is a useless way to learn anything). Today's figure is less than yesterday's so he just puts it in as zero? Plotting actual data points and then captioning the chart with something about a 5 day exponential model?

Interested to know bolded piece?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    I can honestly say the best gadget I have bought in years is my slow cooker. Non stop usage practically 4 days, a week. Meatballs, and gnocchi currently sitting in it.

Nap time for me and dinner ready upon wake up. They are some job. Lamb being the nicest cooked from it.

I thought months ago would end shoved in press. Think the key is leave it on counter so you see it. Fantastic slow cooker group on fb with brilliant recipes, too.
                                                                    My mum gave me one when I bought my first house 27 years ago. Didn't use it too much, but still used it. Now with a larger family I have the massive one and use it very regular. Made soup in it the other day, turned out great and didn't need to be checked too often.

Handy when I bought the first pad, used to toss veg and cheaper meats into it and let it do its magic while I was at work. Well worth buying, although I keep mine in the cupboard due to a small kitchen.

Comment

You're setting yourself up for a graph where the signal-to-noise is very bad. If the spread of the virus is exponential and you're trying to lower the exponent then plotting daily new cases vs previous day's total is a far better way to visualise if you're winning. This is what most commentators are plotting.

Comment

You're setting yourself up for a graph where the signal-to-noise is very bad. If the spread of the virus is exponential and you're trying to lower the exponent then plotting daily new cases vs previous day's total is a far better way to visualise if you're winning. This is what most commentators are plotting.
                                                                        Christ - i didn't look at the axis (just the trend) and assumed he was doing this. Fecking Hell, thats dangerously poor on his behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          I really didn’t get all the hating on Laz the other day. We need to stay sane and stay kind to one another during this thing. Enough stress out there without this place adding to it for folk.
                                                                          That isn't how these things work. Individuals get piled upon to relieve the stress of others.

Domestic abuse and child abuse is up, piling on Lazare and runner wankers is the way to go. We need to blame someone for something dammit.

Comment

Some guy was spotted out flying today on Flightradar and there was quite the pile on!
                                                                            I saw a lad out Paragliding the other evening

On the brief exercise within 2K thing I've been in and out of the town a few times since the new rules came in and a couple of things I've noticed:

People out jogging cycling and walking with kids on patently unsafe country roads who would normally have driven to the Canal or a quiet road.

In the town there are lots of people out jogging around housing estates where families are out walking making the whole place look a bit crowded while the bypass and Canal roads which would normally have lots of people but not at all crowded were more or less empty.

The letter of the law is in many areas working in detriment to the spirit of it.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hard to argue thus far.
                                                                              Bizarrely, Luke O'Neill, a professor of biochemistry in Trinity, was on the radio on Friday saying there was no point testing for the virus anymore and we should move to antibody testing. He made these assertions more than once in the following piece with Ciara Kelly.

Listener Kate got in touch: 'I hear so much about flattening the curve, are we succeeding? Are we...

(Skip to 10 mins for the first occurrence and 16m30s for another)

Comment

Was wondering what to do with the kid's bedtime tonight, they normally go up at 7.

Will we put them up at 7, will we wait until 8, what will we do etc etc.

Then a thought occurred to me.

It doesn't fucking matter. Time doesn't matter right now. Time is meaningless.

Comment

Haven't seen it mentioned, but ecollege courses have been made free because of the current situation. You normally have to be receiving social welfare payments to do them. Haven't looked through them all but might be worth a spin for people with extra time on their hands. https://www.ecollege.ie/apply/
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

in the air tonight, phil collins, deer, in the deer tonight, in the deer 2nite

Comment

Jack Grealish is the current figure to hate on.
                                                                                      Twitter awash with stories .

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        That isn't how these things work. Individuals get piled upon to relieve the stress of others.

Domestic abuse and child abuse is up, piling on Lazare and runner wankers is the way to go. We need to blame someone for something dammit.
                                                                                        This was the best hatin on the runner wankers post i read..

What if you were the asymptomatic coronavirus carrier, as you leave your sweat on the streets for others to walk over and drag into their home.

Comment

Trump giving it another go. Top stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            This was the best hatin on the runner wankers post i read..
                                                                                            I genuinely scared somebody saying their cats paws will bring it in.

Comment

Listened to an interview with him a couple of months back. Comes across like he's just really really dumb, not in a jokey way either, as in he'd probably struggle to explain the plot of a Disney movie

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Was wondering what to do with the kid's bedtime tonight, they normally go up at 7.

Will we put them up at 7, will we wait until 8, what will we do etc etc.

Then a thought occurred to me.

It doesn't fucking matter. Time doesn't matter right now. Time is meaningless.
                                                                                                I used to do the change gradually to get their bodyclocks used to it. I would still keep a routine when they are young.
                                                                                                I used 15min intervals to bring their bodies to the new time after a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  I used to do the change gradually to get their bodyclocks used to it. I would still keep a routine when they are young.
                                                                                                  I used 15min intervals to bring their bodies to the new time after a few days.
                                                                                                  Yeah, we'd do similar if they were in school, and we were working. Will gradually do that over time, no real reason to worry about it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                    I would prefer to not have people doing anything directly in the Linux machine itself for a whole host of reasons. I thought initially with the setup that I would be able to host the config files somewhere outside the machine that it could read them from and people could update them in that place. I would prefer to have the machine a BlackBox that people don't need to touch.

The problem arose as I can't find a way to configure the program to read those files from anywhere apart from a local drive on the machine. Your second option is along the lines of something I was thinking but I just thought there might be a better solution in Linux for this that I hadn't considered as I don't work with it very much.

Opr
                                                                                                    What kinda files? Could just setup a git repo and host it elsewhere and have a cron job fetching updates whenever?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      What kinda files? Could just setup a git repo and host it elsewhere and have a cron job fetching updates whenever?
                                                                                                      Thanks, I'll give something like this a go tomorrow. They are .config files but they are essentially just text files that I can host on a git repo. I think I can actually set some kind of webhook in git that notifies when someone pushes to the repo and does an auto pull on the server which should all work for my purpose.

Opr

Comment

Geography trivia.

What is the state capital of Tasmania?
                                                                                                        What mountain range spans the Polish-Slovakian border?
                                                                                                        What body of water separates mainland Canada and Newfoundland?
                                                                                                        Name the only two landlocked countries in South America.
                                                                                                        What is the biggest island in the world?
                                                                                                        How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them).
                                                                                                        What was Zambia previously known as?
                                                                                                        What is the longest river in Russia?
                                                                                                        What is the highest capital city in the world?
                                                                                                        What circle of latitude divided North and South Korea pre-1953?
                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 29-03-20, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                          Listened to an interview with him a couple of months back. Comes across like he's just really really dumb, not in a jokey way either, as in he'd probably struggle to explain the plot of a Disney movie
                                                                                                          He's a professional soccer player.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            Geography trivia.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            How many countries does the Mekong river flow through? (Extra point for naming them).
                                                                                                            I think over got 3 definites. Others working from hazy memory. Rest, guesses.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Hobart
                                                                                                            Tatras
                                                                                                            St Lawrence gulf. Almost said Bering Strait lol
                                                                                                            Paraguay and ??
                                                                                                            Greenland
                                                                                                            8? No idea
                                                                                                            Rodessa? Probably not right but feel that's close
                                                                                                            Volga?
                                                                                                            The capital of Ecuador, cant remember the name.
                                                                                                            Equator?

Comment

Geography trivia.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              Hobart(only know that from Lion)
                                                                                                              Not sure
                                                                                                              Arctic Ocean
                                                                                                              Paraguay & Bolivia
                                                                                                              Greenland
                                                                                                              No idea
                                                                                                              North Rhodesia
                                                                                                              Volga
                                                                                                              Guessing Nepal but dont know
                                                                                                              No idea

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                I think over got 3 definites. Others working from hazy memory. Rest, guesses.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Hobart
                                                                                                                Tatras
                                                                                                                St Lawrence gulf. Almost said Bering Strait lol
                                                                                                                Paraguay and ??
                                                                                                                Greenland
                                                                                                                8? No idea
                                                                                                                Rodessa? Probably not right but feel that's close
                                                                                                                Volga?
                                                                                                                The capital of Ecuador, cant remember the name.
                                                                                                                Equator?
                                                                                                                4.5/10

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Hobart(only know that from Lion)
                                                                                                                  Not sure
                                                                                                                  Arctic Ocean
                                                                                                                  Paraguay & Bolivia
                                                                                                                  Greenland
                                                                                                                  No idea
                                                                                                                  North Rhodesia
                                                                                                                  Volga
                                                                                                                  Guessing Nepal but dont know
                                                                                                                  No idea
                                                                                                                  4/10

Comment

The Volga is an extremely long and famous river. But only the fourth longest in Russia.

Comment

Geography trivia.

SPOILER

Hobart
                                                                                                                      No Idea
                                                                                                                      Gulf of St Lawrence
                                                                                                                      Ecuador Paraguay
                                                                                                                      Greenland
                                                                                                                      Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, possibly china?
                                                                                                                      No idea.
                                                                                                                      No idea
                                                                                                                      Bolivia? La Paz?
                                                                                                                      No idea
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        SPOILER

Hobart
                                                                                                                        No Idea
                                                                                                                        Gulf of St Lawrence
                                                                                                                        Ecuador Paraguay
                                                                                                                        Greenland
                                                                                                                        Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, possibly china?
                                                                                                                        No idea
                                                                                                                        Bolivia? La Paz?
                                                                                                                        No idea
                                                                                                                        4/10

You got some of the Mekong countries.

Comment

Geography trivia.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          1 Hobart
                                                                                                                          2 No idea, feel like I should know this though
                                                                                                                          3 Gulf of St Lawrence
                                                                                                                          4 Bolivia & Peru?
                                                                                                                          5 Australia
                                                                                                                          6 Definitely 5 in Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and Burma but think it may actually start in China so 6
                                                                                                                          7 No idea
                                                                                                                          8 Tigres?
                                                                                                                          9 Lima?
                                                                                                                          10 52nd or 53rd - can't remember which. I'll go 52nd. Should really know if from watching M*A*S*H*

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X