Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a few weeks time Ireland will probably be the Japan of the Euro qualifiers

So cruel
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
      Madigan is a fucking king. Won't let anyone down.
      Call of the day tbf

What are the updates on the various injuries?

Just saw the SO'B clip too - he's gone for the rest of the tournament for sure. What provoked that? Stupidity of the highest order.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Call of the day tbf

What are the updates on the various injuries?

Just saw the SO'B clip too - he's gone for the rest of the tournament for sure. What provoked that? Stupidity of the highest order.
        Schmidt said Sexton was talking about next week after the game. Think we can presume that is the end of POC Haven't heard anything about POM, would be hopeful Earls didn't look to serious. I'm surprised there wasn't more comment on Henry tbh, seemed to be down with a head injury then simply refused to go off for the test.

In relation to SOB I would be hopeful if cited that he would get less than 3 weeks tbh. A referee friend on Facebook posted the following, take from it what you will:

"To be cited, the offence must pass the "red card test". The citing commissioner must be satisfied a foul justified a red card before citing a player. Arguably this was more of a yellow card offence, so there is some hope that O'Brien won't be cited. (If he is cited, unfortunately, the minimum recommended sanction is a two-week ban so he would miss the Quarter-Final & Semi if they find against him"
        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

That's not the case anymore, as players can receive even retrospective yellow cards..

Comment

Jesus. Guy who did the shooting in Louth was out on bail charged with IRA membership.

Massive stick for the Govt to beat SF with. Shooting fellow IRA men up North is borderline acceptable to the southern electorate but murdering Gardai is not. This will have an impact in the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
              Schmidt said Sexton was talking about next week after the game. Think we can presume that is the end of POC Haven't heard anything about POM, would be hopeful Earls didn't look to serious. I'm surprised there wasn't more comment on Henry tbh, seemed to be down with a head injury then simply refused to go off for the test.

In relation to SOB I would be hopeful if cited that he would get less than 3 weeks tbh. A referee friend on Facebook posted the following, take from it what you will:

"To be cited, the offence must pass the "red card test". The citing commissioner must be satisfied a foul justified a red card before citing a player. Arguably this was more of a yellow card offence, so there is some hope that O'Brien won't be cited. (If he is cited, unfortunately, the minimum recommended sanction is a two-week ban so he would miss the Quarter-Final & Semi if they find against him"
              That's a clear red imo

Comment

Johnny Utah ain't Johnny Utah no more, this new dude seems awful.

In theaters December 25! http://www.pointbreakmovie.com https://facebook.com/pointbreakmovieIn Alcon Entertainment’s fast-paced, high-adrenaline action thril...
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I don't think so - probably a few Prime Times.

What do you want to know?
                  Think it might be a bit much for you to try and condense everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    In a few weeks time Ireland will probably be the Japan of the Euro qualifiers

So cruel
                    Hmm,can't tell if serious.
                    For a game you profess to hate so much you do seem to have it 'on in the background ' an awful lot

Comment

Massive stick for the Govt to beat SF with. Shooting fellow IRA men up North is borderline acceptable to the southern electorate but murdering Gardai is not. This will have an impact in the election.
                      They already have at least three mass murderers in the Dail.

Comment

They already have at least three mass murderers in the Dail.
                        who's the third?
                        airport, lol

Comment

Jesus. Guy who did the shooting in Louth was out on bail charged with IRA membership.

The biggest joke is the amount of absolute scum bags who are out on bail.
                          One of the gang who terrorised the family in Tipp recently had 220 convictions he was in his early 20s.
                          He must have committed 1000s of crimes.
                          You can say what you want about americas prisons being harsh and many being in jail for trivial stuff like personal drug use ,
                          but any individual with 200 convictions wont see the light of day again and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            who's the third?
                            I'm only counting Ellis Ferris and Adams but there are probably more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                              The biggest joke is the amount of absolute scum bags who are out on bail.
                              Thats going to be an election issue and one that none of them can do fuck all about without major reform of both the legal cartel and the prison service.

Going to be a laugh listening to them all talking shite trying to out tough each other when they know they won't be doing feck all about it.

Comment

The ginger haired kid Keith in this Billy Roche drama is 100% based on a young Finkel

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  I wasn't looking for a comparison to anything else just standing along on it's own how corrupt is it of a sport?
                                  It depends if you mean corruption by the administrators or the participants? I think there is little or no evidence of corruption among administrators of racing in Ireland , UK and France. They would have a good record in prosecuting and handing out lengthy bans where wrongdoing can be proved be it drug use or betting fraud.

Racing is probably a unique sport. While it is possible to gamble on almost any sport , racing ( horse / dog) is probably the only sport that needs gambling to survive ( although I am sure there are a few prem teams that would be in trouble without the current raft of sponsorship from betting firms )

The problem is that the bookmakers need plenty of low grade races every day to generate turnover. The prize money at that level is so low that winning a race wouldn't cover the cost of training the horse for a week. This puts an onus on trainers to have a horse handicapped to the extent that when he tells the owner" today is the day", that the owner can bet with confidence and cover at least his training costs. It's this handicapping of horses that results in non triers every day.

TL DR Administration clean, participant corruption increases the lower the grade is.

P.s. If you want to see what a non trier / horse being handicapped looks like, have a look at Rahmah in the 5:35 at Windsor last Monday.
                                  Last edited by horatio1; 11-10-15, 22:14.

Comment

Started watching Narcos during the week and caught Sicario while in the middle of binge watching it, felt like a nice segway into the world of drug trafficking these two quotes below are pretty much my take from it.

Sicario is so good at building suspense that it almost doesn’t matter that it tends to get kind of stupid whenever the suspense is broken.
                                    At its best, Sicario, from Prisoners director Denis Villeneuve, is the kind of movie Michael Mann used to make – tense action, gruff badasses who are great at their jobs, vaguely pessimistic about the world but with a minimum of introspection. At its worst, it’s cruel, overly self-serious, and occasionally silly, but it looks and sounds so good I imagine most people won’t care.
                                    I've seen a few things about Pablo Escobar over the years but was surprised at how good Narcos was really didn't miss a beat, fucking hell he had so much money god damn a gazillionaire.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73Follow us on TWITTER: http:/...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Lost interest in Narcos about half way. It started off pretty well and draws you in quickly but I soon found it boring and repetitive. It's the same story line over and over again. Abosolutely no insight from the show and continues along the lines of, and this happened, and that happened and then this happened . . . . yawn. I'm glad I knocked it on the head after hearing they are going to try drag another series from it.

Edit - The stupidity with which it treats the viewer also bothered me alot. The voiceover stops just short of narrating when the characters are going to the toilet. "This is Pablo pulling up to the hotel". I fucking know, you are showing it on the screen!

Opr
                                      Just finished it and feel the same. The story is so well known that I was expecting them to give a lot more insight into Pablo, instead it's just a case of "this happened" cut to Pablo looking surly.

I've no interest in watching a second season where they spend a year chasing him across safe houses!

Comment

shots fired

It might have more to do with how you solve problems than how educated you are.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Wouldn't mind Denmark at all at all tbh. We should be beating them. Would not like to get Croatia in current form and after the last group stages.

If we get pitted against Sweden/Bosnia i think we could possibly do it. Would hate to be against Ukraine as it would end up being 0-0 and 1-0 imo but if we were the 1-0 can't complain.

Tim Krul out for season btw, hope I don't have him in my 1 shot but yeah.. newkie for the drop? money in my bank?
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Good morning men, where's a handy place to pic up a device I can use to provide mobile broadband.
                                            I had one for three but the service is dire, I'm seeing if they'll unlock it (I bought a three sim to use) but they are slow cunce.

Comment

Dissident Republican membership. You'll find SF aren't really fans of those lads.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                Dissident Republican membership. You'll find SF aren't really fans of those lads.
                                                Yeah, see that - RTE just said 'IRA membership' last night without specifying further. A huge swathe of the public won't make the distinction though. Plus you have the actual Chief of Staff of the PIRA being in front of the Courts in relation to his criminal activity.

Plenty of ammo for the Law and Order brigade!

Comment

I'm only counting Ellis Ferris and Adams but there are probably more.
                                                  Pretty sure they are the only three. Different story up North obviously.

Comment

Rugby. It's an emotional sport. And we love it. Follow World Rugby on social media:Official Website! http://www.rugbyworldcup.com,SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Ch...

Comment

Yesterday was electric, shades of Australia in 2011 in terms of the professional workmanlike nature of the performance. Fair play to France though, they fought and hit as hard as they could and our injury / SOB are the consequence of that - brilliant hit to knock Sexton out of the game, textbook. Madigan did much better than expected and the tears at the end were great to see.

Make no mistake, Argentina is a massive test but surely now is the time if it ever was? Can't wait to get over there now really - NZ under lights would have been a religious experience but happily take the extra day's rest and a 1pm fixture against (slightly) lessor opposition. Don't think I'll sell the Saturday night ticket either. France will be wounded and I expect they'll produce their best performance in years out of nowhere.

==================

As far as the football team were concerned, very much a cold hard slap of reality. Hilarious how results shape people's perceptions. Against Germany we got the right side of inches either way but the idea that it was a fundamentally different approach / performance to last night is incorrect. The mistakes in selection were starting proven impact players like McClean and Long. If Hoolohan didn't have the fitness that's hardly O'Neill's fault.

We're very limited but they gave it everything once again last night. I kind of think who we face is irrelevant. I think we'll meet our opposition in the middle in the vein of three very similar performances on the trot against Georgia, Germany and Poland. O'Shea and Walters are huge losses.

Bottom line is O'Neill will be judged on the result. I don't care what the football is like if we scrape it over two legs.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        The rugby wasn't enough to get Lloyd posting, but defending Sinn Fein was.
                                                        I was busy enjoying the sport and my weekend generally. Unlike yourself I wouldn't be one for lurking and withholding posts on subjects of interest to me.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Thought I had faded a few fails by ringing in sick. Had to bring the kid to school though. Came home to remember that my bastarding bartender, Jerome, had swiped French flag lipstick down each cheek. That does kinda explain the dodge look from the teacher this morning. Have a pic.
                                                            Are you teaching over there yet?

Comment

The best thing about yesterday is that we thoroughly deserved it. We were the better team all through the game we were sharper, hungrier and smarter than the French. We lost our two marquee players without it disturbing the teams composure or plan for the game.

Comment

Comment

Pretty sure they are the only three. Different story up North obviously.
                                                                  Just the three mass murderers sitting in our parliament and looking to be in government next year, ah sure thats grand then.

What is it that there is a better class of Guard murderer in Gerry and Slabs gang

Comment

Comment

The victims of yesterday's shooting are going to be icked about like a political football for this election.

It's already started.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post

o'mahony out for the rest of the tournament. waiting for scan results on o'connell and sexton

Comment

POM knee ligament (diagnosed without scan, that's ominous).

POC spent night in hospital.

Sexton 'groin injury' still to be checked.

Comment

Yeah, kinda feel like I am practicing for retirement sometimes with this theatre addiction.

Although I was at Shibboleth in the Peacock this evening. Very, er, energetic performance and a young enough audience.

It is ridiculous how far ahead of the game that the Gate generally is though. Hardly a coincidence that they and Chapter One are a stone's throw apart. Excellence breeding excellence and all that.

Did you enjoy the play? Must have been highly daring for its time. Have been saying 'he ain't right' an awful lot since.
                                                                              And both a stones throw from my place, quite a coincidence. Play was very good, thought the cast were also. Know the main girl from my brothers acting course. Person I was with wasn't as much of a fan, she doesn't really like plays that put little into production value even though she thought the cast was good, I imagine this was exemplified by our viewing of the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime a few days before, rather opposite ends of the spectrum. I've been commenting on people walking "all wavy" personally.

I can't imagine the play at the time of inception, I wonder how different parts were delivered for that audience.

A lot of people there had seen the play from before, from what I could hear (comparing previous cast with these). Is that usual? I wouldn't really have an urge to see the same play again I guess.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              Started watching Rick And Morty last week. It's fucking brilliant. Surprised more people here aren't talking about, it's right up some of youses alleys.
                                                                              Yeah I started that this weekend, it's fantastic. Instant classic.

Comment

Made a fairly spectacular French onion soup yesterday. Easy peasy.

1kg onions, ideally white onions
                                                                                50gr butter, a dollop of olive oil

Fry for a bit, then add a teaspoon of sugar.

Fry for a bit.

Add: 2 beef stock cubes, 2 tablespoons of floor, 1 25cl bottle wine, salt, pepper, some garlic.

Fry for a bit.

Add 1 litre water.

Allow it 20mins to turn into a soup.

Serve with sliced baguette and cheddar.

It's phenomenal
                                                                                love onion soup. next time add a bit of cognac/armagnac towards the end of the onion frying (when nice and golden) and put a match to it. adds amazing depth of flavor to the soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Allez Les Verts View Post
                                                                                  o'mahony out for the rest of the tournament. waiting for scan results on o'connell and sexton
                                                                                  Is O'Mahony confirmed? I thought POC was confirmed gone last night.

Big butchers bill even if it just the 2 with SOB to be confirmed. Hopefully because it was just a body shot rather than going for the face it will be all good.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Big butchers bill even if it just the 2 with SOB to be confirmed. Hopefully because it was just a body shot rather than going for the face it will be all good.
                                                                                    yeah. o'mahony confirmed out for the rest of the tournament. maybe a bit of optimism there for POC though as just saying they're waiting for the scan results.

SOB will definitely miss one game. could be more though

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      The victims of yesterday's shooting are going to be icked about like a political football for this election.

It's already started.
                                                                                      Garda murders no matter what the circumstances are always political there is no getting away from that.

Comment

Just the three mass murderers sitting in our parliament and looking to be in government next year, ah sure thats grand then.

What is it that there is a better class of Guard murderer in Gerry and Slabs gang
                                                                                        The point is 'Gerry and Slab' have nothing to do with dissident Republican types so, eh, trying to make out SF bear responsibility for the tragedy is bizarre reaching of the worst kind. Leaving aside the fact that a domestic incident that turns out like this shouldn't be used as a political football.

Comment

...

Comment

I think O connell getting oxygen or nitrous oxide on pitch is confirmation enough.

Comment

Isn't there a TD dude (Ellis?) who is overwhelmingly suspected of about 60 murders? That's fcking bizarre. Like any other career path and he's considered one of the world's worst mass murderers.
                                                                                              Dev was taoiseach and president. Collins is regularly marionetted by political parties when a bit of populism is needed. Our government regularly allow Shannon Airport to be used by the US military.

it's the degree of separation from armed forces that defines modern politics.

Comment

Dev was terribly conservative but he had some balls.
                                                                                                Not allowing the treaty ports to be given back to the Brits for world war 2 under threat of invasion when would have been of huge value especially in anti submarine warfare.
                                                                                                Can incude airfields as well.
                                                                                                If only Enda and the cunts before him had some balls with europe instead of being lapdogs.

Comment

Anyone who would make that distinction is probably a core vote for SF anyway or, on the other end of the spectrum, wouldn't vote for them in a million years. It's the middle ground - the ground that SF needs to make gains in - that won't see the subtle difference.
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The point is 'Gerry and Slab' have nothing to do with dissident Republican types so, eh, trying to make out SF bear responsibility for the tragedy is bizarre reaching of the worst kind. Leaving aside the fact that a domestic incident that turns out like this shouldn't be used as a political football.
                                                                                                    I'm really not reaching for that.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone who would make that distinction is probably a core vote for SF anyway or, on the other end of the spectrum, wouldn't vote for them in a million years. It's the middle ground - the ground that SF needs to make gains in - that won't see the subtle difference.
                                                                                                        Trying to hammer misinformation (i.e. 'SF / IRA' members shot a Gard) would only backfire imo, but we'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          Dev was taoiseach and president. Collins is regularly marionetted by political parties when a bit of populism is needed. Our government regularly allow Shannon Airport to be used by the US military.

it's the degree of separation from armed forces that defines modern politics.
                                                                                                          Dessie Ellis as a moral equivalent to Collins and DeVelara. WP

Comment

How would you rank what we've got from Europe vs what we've lost?
                                                                                                            Well im not an economist im sure we are ahead.
                                                                                                            We probaby wouldnt have a road worth driving on.
                                                                                                            Used to see the signs of big infrastucture projects 85% funded by euro structural funds.

Of course we have benefiitted most but lost some things like our fishing rights.
                                                                                                            We have some of the best fishing in the world and it gets a terrible plundering spanish main offenders.
                                                                                                            The germans teling us we must take quotas of economic criminals -refugees and Enda nodding sickens me.

The pressure to change our corporation tax from France and Germany and the word solidarity when times of crisis but we took the full hit for the banking debt and unsecured bondholders.

I just dont think that our politicans do enough for us over there.

Comment

Trying to hammer misinformation (i.e. 'SF / IRA' members shot a Gard) would only backfire imo, but we'll see how it plays out.
                                                                                                              Who has been hammering that misinformation? For the record the facts are
                                                                                                              Adrian Crevan Mackin of Mullach Alainn, Omeath was brought before a special sitting of the court in January.
                                                                                                              He was charged with membership of an unlawful organisation styling itself the Irish Republican Army, otherwise Oglaigh na hEireann, otherwise the IRA.
                                                                                                              Whether or not that is the same IRA that Gerry Adams was never a member of, leader of the West Belfast mob, or whatever is entirely irrelevant to the courts here.
                                                                                                              Unless Gerry turns up for his funeral wearing a black beret I doubt you will see or hear any mention of the Gerry Adams and Adrian Crevan Mackin on the same page in the course of the election.

Comment

Hate saying but Argentina @2/1 is a great price in next sundays rugby.
                                                                                                                I d get on now it will surely shorten when O brien gets banned Sexton is unfit

Comment

Dessie Ellis as a moral equivalent to Collins and DeVelara. WP
                                                                                                                  I make no moral equivalence.

How would their actions from 1916-1922 have been regarded at the time? What has changed since then?

Is shooting at soldiers as part of an illegal organisation ok once a number of years has past?

If Collins had access to c4 would he have hesitated to use it?

We love to claim pieces of history. FF with the Good Dev bits, FG with Collins. Nobody claims all their actions. But it's 100 years ago now. We can have a big military parade and put on the revolutionary hat and nod and wink and appeal for votes.

I'd be far more concerned with our culture of hiding mental health and domestic violence than wether the person who shot and killed 3 people and injured 2 more before himself, rather than what flavour of politics he followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                    Dev was terribly conservative but he had some balls.
                                                                                                                    Not allowing the treaty ports to be given back to the Brits for world war 2 under threat of invasion when would have been of huge value especially in anti submarine warfare.
                                                                                                                    Can incude airfields as well.
                                                                                                                    If only Enda and the cunts before him had some balls with europe instead of being lapdogs.
                                                                                                                    Yes allowing thousands of extra people to die in the North sea and the cargo losses causing extra suffering for those in Ireland and the UK waiting on deliveries was a master stroke. It ensured a longer war in which many Irish men were serving but also allowed us to give the English an extra fuck you.

This extra fuck you ensured that an English support for a united Ireland went away, Churchill in particular was a big fan of Irish independence but not after we messed with his war. We also got the honor of being one of very few nations to sign Hitlers book of condolences which is pretty cool and overall froze ourselves out of post WW2 European diplomacy. All this while maintaing our neutrality and the Third Reich drafted plans for our eventual invasion.

Now that was a time of incredible isolation and poverty in Ireland and instead now out soft cock politicians have gotten us a huge multinational sector which wouldn't have happened without Euromembership and we are one of the fastest growing economy in the world.

Seems like modern Ireland and our euro co-operation is much better than 1940's Ireland and it euro isolation.

Comment

Yes allowing thousands of extra people to die in the North sea and the cargo losses causing extra suffering for those in Ireland and the UK waiting on deliveries was a master stroke. It ensured a longer war in which many Irish men were serving but also allowed us to give the English an extra fuck you.

This extra fuck you ensured that an English support for a united Ireland went away, Churchill in particular was a big fan of Irish independence but not after we messed with his war. We also got the honor of being one of very few nations to sign Hitlers book of condolences which is pretty cool and overall froze ourselves out of post WW2 European diplomacy. All this while maintaing our neutrality and the Third Reich drafted plans for our eventual invasion.

Now that was a time of incredible isolation and poverty in Ireland and instead now out soft cock politicians have gotten us a huge multinational sector which wouldn't have happened without Euromembership and we are one of the fastest growing economy in the world.

Seems like modern Ireland and our euro co-operation is much better than 1940's Ireland and it euro isolation.
                                                                                                                      Would irish people have been so thankful if irish cities and ports were being bombed to bits.
                                                                                                                      Im not sure if the full atrocities of Nazi germany were known in the early years of the war.
                                                                                                                      One empire the british or on german can see how was hard to differentiate at the start.
                                                                                                                      The necessity of britain due to blockade was a good thing it helped build moral and every household grew there own food they were never so well fed.

A united ireland what would tens of thousands of loyal irish unionists thought of that?
                                                                                                                      Would have been unreal scenes not good.
                                                                                                                      1000s of irish men deserted and joined the british army and they were treated horribly when they came home unable to get jobs and shunned sometimes.

Comment

Made a fairly spectacular French onion soup yesterday. Easy peasy.

1kg onions, ideally white onions
                                                                                                                        50gr butter, a dollop of olive oil

Fry for a bit, then add a teaspoon of sugar.

Fry for a bit.

Add: 2 beef stock cubes, 2 tablespoons of floor, 1 25cl bottle wine, salt, pepper, some garlic.

Fry for a bit.

Add 1 litre water.

Allow it 20mins to turn into a soup.

Serve with sliced baguette and cheddar.

It's phenomenal
                                                                                                                        In vegas, they call it Le French Onion Soup. Nice touch.

Isn't there a TD dude (Ellis?) who is overwhelmingly suspected of about 60 murders? That's fcking bizarre. Like any other career path and he's considered one of the world's worst mass murderers.
                                                                                                                        Or one of the best.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X