This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allez Les Verts View Post
    nothing yet. There were a few hearings today so it could be they're waiting for them all to go through before announcing anything
    Why you so worried?
    Concerned he'll be back for the final

He will get away with it... Pape deserved it in the snot
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Why you so worried?

i'm not, just bored at work and checking for updates regularly. 4 hearings today so quite curious of the outcomes.

btw, your boys won't make the final (and neither will we for that matter). just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Why you so worried?

Allez Double Standards. If he were a Dubs player.....ya know the rest

Comment

i'm not, just bored at work and checking for updates regularly. 4 hearings today so quite curious of the outcomes.

btw, your boys won't make the final (and neither will we for that matter). just saying
          Ah I dont know about that. Ian Henderson replaces POM quite well at 6 and Henry to replace SOB at 7 with Ryan getting into the second row. Pretty strong pack really even if it is weaker on the bench than I would like with Dan touy I presume coming in and Rhys Ruddock.

In the backs if Murray can play aswell next week he gives Madigan the space. If Madigan can play as well again than really we look pretty good. Without Bosch Argentina are blunted in the midfield so it relieves some of the pressure on Earls who seems to be pretty fucked aswell.

Overall we have had much weaker sides on the pitch and much more poorly coached. Obv we lost in those world cups but not 100% over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            Ah I dont know about that. Ian Henderson replaces POM quite well at 6 and Henry to replace SOB at 7 with Ryan getting into the second row. Pretty strong pack really even if it is weaker on the bench than I would like with Dan touy I presume coming in and Rhys Ruddock.

In the backs if Murray can play aswell next week he gives Madigan the space. If Madigan can play as well again than really we look pretty good. Without Bosch Argentina are blunted in the midfield so it relieves some of the pressure on Earls who seems to be pretty fucked aswell.

Overall we have had much weaker sides on the pitch and much more poorly coached. Obv we lost in those world cups but not 100% over yet.
            Argentina should be a great test but one i would expect you to handle (even though they really are a cohesive unit this year, and both forwards and backs are playing very well).

I just don't think any NH team is going to beat that Australian team, unless they have an absolute nightmare.

Comment

What's the story with the free pre-school thing in the budget? My daughter is 3 and her pre-school is already free...?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Do you think Gerry would tell all about his role in the IRA?
                Within a fully inclusive and transparent process I'd imagine he'd tell the truth, yes - whatever that is. He can't at present in the current context as his arrest for 'IRA membership' last year demonstrated.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Argentina should be a great test but one i would expect you to handle (even though they really are a cohesive unit this year, and both forwards and backs are playing very well).

I just don't think any NH team is going to beat that Australian team, unless they have an absolute nightmare.
                  Not sure Cheika will allow a nightmare either.

I think you guys could give a stuttering NZ a problem on Saturday.

French defence was unreal (for 60mins anyway), just couldn't get anything working going forward really though. Basteraud probably had his quietest ever game (relief! & Henshaw), but think he'll get it together this weekend.

Always feel like France struggle desperately to get into third gear, and so never really get going. But if they do get into third they can shift up a level quite quickly again and do serious damage.

This Saturday is that chance!

Comment

Yeah Australia look a serious step from any team in the tournament. Cant see the scots doing us a favour in tiring them out either.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      What's the story with the free pre-school thing in the budget? My daughter is 3 and her pre-school is already free...?
                      Extended duration.
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Not sure Cheika will allow a nightmare either.

I think you guys could give a stuttering NZ a problem on Saturday.

French defence was unreal (for 60mins anyway), just couldn't get anything working going forward really though. Basteraud probably had his quietest ever game (relief! & Henshaw), but think he'll get it together this weekend.

Always feel like France struggle desperately to get into third gear, and so never really get going. But if they do get into third they can shift up a level quite quickly again and do serious damage.

This Saturday is that chance!
                        As much as i hope you're right, i just don't see any threats coming from our backs...at all. our midfield might create some great chances and maybe even a try from Fofana, but if the ABs don't even have to worry about defending wide, we're going to get pummelled. once again we'll defend admirably for 60, then get bulldozed.

We need to try something different so hopefully he goes with parra michalak, and Grosso at 14 (even if he does gas after 60, he might offer something new for that time).

Comment

As much as i hope you're right, i just don't see any threats coming from our backs...at all. our midfield might create some great chances and maybe even a try from Fofana, but if the ABs don't even have to worry about defending wide, we're going to get pummelled. once again we'll defend admirably for 60, then get bulldozed.

We need to try something different so hopefully he goes with parra michalak, and Grosso at 14 (even if he does gas after 60, he might offer something new for that time).
                          Parra and michalak would be the right choice if Saint Andre decides he wants the French rugby he used to play. I was certainly glad to see Parra on the bench against us and by the time he came on your pack was beaten fortunately.

Picking a player for 60 mins in Grosso - what is the issue with that everyone empties the bench anyway.

Comment

Wan the chrimbo bonus for the ladsss.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Would this help O'Briens case?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                No. SOB thumped Pape. Doesn't matter if Pape'd tickled his bollix beforehand.

He'll get a 2 week ban reduced to 1 week for having no priors.

Comment

Parra and michalak would be the right choice if Saint Andre decides he wants the French rugby he used to play. I was certainly glad to see Parra on the bench against us and by the time he came on your pack was beaten fortunately.

Picking a player for 60 mins in Grosso - what is the issue with that everyone empties the bench anyway.
                                  fuck it, change everything

parra michalak

add nyanga in the back row instead of chouli

stick Dulin at full back, guitoune on the left and grosso on the right (not the best defensively but decent attacking potential).

Comment

Sexton will almost certainly be playing on Sunday.
                                    Last edited by thechamp87; 13-10-15, 16:14. Reason: Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                      Sexton will almost certainly be playing on Saturday.
                                      I hope not, we need him on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                        Sexton will almost certainly be playing on Sunday.
                                        Really I thought he was out for a week maybe 2. That is great news.

Comment

A few years ago I cross posted this thread from 2p2 of adsman writing about his life, which was fairly popular.

A condensed version starts here:

Anyway, he's published a book:

Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-10-15, 18:23.

Comment

Wouldn't like to be an opposition spokesperson trying to talk down that budget.

Something for all. Sweet spot obviously the 70k earner.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I wouldn't feel too sorry for that O'Çonnell. I bet that turncoat will be playing against Ireland for the Barbarians killing my future hcap bets.

Comment

So todays budget was for 215 according to Noonan . No tax on spears or general wenching then .

Comment

Budget coverage still going, Home and Away is meant to be on!

The RTE studio after the famous Irish victory against Romania in the 1990 World Cup in Italy.From Tubridy Tonight, 17/02/2007.

Comment

This Richard Boyd Barrett lad is shouting a lot, I like his moxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      A few years ago I cross posted this thread from 2p2 of adsman writing out his life, which was fairly popular.

A condensed version starts here:

Anyway, he's published a book:

http://www.amazon.com/Pushing-Rubber.../dp/1514827875
                                                      that was cool read (second link)
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone got any idea what the answer to this is?

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                          This Richard Boyd Barrett lad is shouting a lot, I like his moxy.
                                                          That's his shtick alright. Quite a confused man, he is convinced money grows on trees.

Comment

The story of those bastards blockading the temp accommodation of the family caught up in that Carrickmines fire has to be the most sickening thing I've heard in a while. There's a kid involved that has lost his entire family.

I really hope they're publicly shamed. Horrible bastards.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              The story of those bastards blockading the temp accommodation of the family caught up in that Carrickmines fire has to be the most sickening thing I've heard in a while. There's a kid involved that has lost his entire family.

I really hope they're publicly shamed. Horrible bastards.
                                                              The attitude many people have in this country to people who were born travellers is a disgrace imo. Often tolerated on here too.

Btw very powerful story in Donal Ryan's new book of short stories about the first time a little girl who is a traveller experiences this.

Comment

How many piano tuners reside in any given city is a famous mathematical anecdote. I think Chicago is the usual answer. So that question is turning the usual question around.

So 31,000 would be my guess, which sounds reasonable.

Comment

That tune from the leftovers gets me every time. Unbelievably harrowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                    How many piano tuners reside in any given city is a famous mathematical anecdote. I think Chicago is the usual answer. So that question is turning the usual question around.

So 31,000 would be my guess, which sounds reasonable.
                                                                    The process is interesting but you could come up with any number of answers depending on statistical data. Say he tunes 4 pianos a day 5 days a week takes 4 weeks holidays and each Piano owner gets their Piano tuned once a year that is 960 pianos. Average of 4 people per household with a piano 3,840. Say 1 in 20 households have a Piano then 76,800.
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Please be true

Comment

I'm so bad at picking football bets right now, I feel like Krusty the clown.

Krusty's Accountant: Let me get this straight. You took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it *against* the Harlem Globetrotters?
                                                                        Krusty the Clown: [miserable] Oh, I thought the Generals were due!
                                                                        [watches the game on TV]
                                                                        Krusty the Clown: He's spinning the ball on his finger! Just take it! Take it!
                                                                        [the Globetrotters score]
                                                                        Krusty the Clown: That game was fixed! They were using a freakin' ladder, for God's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          please don't go reading about Schrodingers Cat.
                                                                          Ok I will shut up now
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            One week confirmed. Could have been a lot worse

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              No. SOB thumped Pape. Doesn't matter if Pape'd tickled his bollix beforehand.

He'll get a 2 week ban reduced to 1 week for having no priors

Comment

Quick heads up folks the Irish lad who will be on Shark Cage episode airs tonight at 12:15 on Channel 4 for those of you who still have an interest in poker.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

It's kinda condoning thuggishness giving such a short ban for something that scummy. Very possible one punch of that intensity from a rugby player could cause serious damage to someone.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    It's kinda condoning thuggishness giving such a short ban for something that scummy. Very possible one punch of that intensity from a rugby player could cause serious damage to someone.
                                                                                    sure

Comment

First thing I do with science first years is a Fermi problem to get them to figure out how much petrol is used in Ireland every day with no info, to give them a feel for orders of magnitude. Then they come back to me 4 months later in exams with calculations that see golf balls travelling at billions of times the speed of light

Comment

less of your objective analysis here sonny jim me lad

it has no place in this time

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          My kids don't wear uniforms now and won't in secondary either.

Visions of the young fella coming to me on his wedding day looking clueless with a tie in his hand.
                                                                                          All the same. I got my father to tie it for me at the start of each term and didnt break the knot for the rest of the term.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Agreed,he wouldn't be getting off so lightly if it happened in a chavball match.
                                                                                            If it happened in a Gaa match he'd obviously get the freedom of dublin

Comment

Football is good tonight. Turkey scored a cracking free kick in the last minute to put them through as best 3rd placed qualifier (provided other games stay as they are)

Yep, some turnaround for them to get that spot lol

Comment

Things going Ireland's way or are we doomed?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Things going Ireland's way or are we doomed?
                                                                                                  Nah pretty shit. Hungary Ukraine Sweden or Bosnia is our draw
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

What would we say is order of preference?

Hungary
                                                                                                    Ukraine (are they good anymore?)
                                                                                                    Sweden
                                                                                                    Bosnia

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      Football is good tonight. Turkey scored a cracking free kick in the last minute to put them through as best 3rd placed qualifier (provided other games stay as they are)

Yep, some turnaround for them to get that spot lol
                                                                                                      23 spots & Holland cant qualify is a bit mad.

Comment

Something is irking me here, who's that chap on here that makes the healthy chips. When you ask the customer do they want Salt and Vinegar, the salt goes on first right, I mean it's not called vinegar and salt. Fuxking place here in Wexford does it in reverse. Had to throw the damn chips in the bin on principle.

Comment

Not all that big a quality difference between seeds and non seeds, no potential horror draw. My preference would be Hungary, Sweden, Bosnia, Ukraine.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I haven't looked at any of the pages but is it not
                                                                                                            Ukraine
                                                                                                            Bosnia
                                                                                                            Denmark
                                                                                                            Sweden?? Just going by previous rankings I saw
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              I haven't looked at any of the pages but is it not
                                                                                                              Ukraine
                                                                                                              Bosnia
                                                                                                              Denmark
                                                                                                              Sweden?? Just going by previous rankings I saw
                                                                                                              Ya I was thinking this. I thought I had read that Hungary were ranked below us in the coefficient league.

Comment

evening Kim

Comment

Great bants on Sky 1 from some Dundalk freewoman insisting she 'knows her rights' and that they can't seize her car.

Comment

First world problem.

I'm thinking of taking 2-3 weeks off with the family in November or early December. We want some heat and we have a little baby in tow. I'm thinking canaries. Any other options? Don't want to fly too far with herself. Any recommendations or baby travel issues I need to be aware of? Basically sun, good food and relaxation/rest is all we're looking for.
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                      First world problem.

I'm thinking of taking 2-3 weeks off with the family in November or early December. We want some heat and we have a little baby in tow. I'm thinking canaries. Any other options? Don't want to fly too far with herself. Any recommendations or baby travel issues I need to be aware of? Basically sun, good food and relaxation/rest is all we're looking for.
                                                                                                                      The Med will be cold - Canaries as you say best option for a bit of warmth

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                        .
                                                                                                                        Welcome back, we thought you'd cashed in your chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                          Something is irking me here, who's that chap on here that makes the healthy chips. When you ask the customer do they want Salt and Vinegar, the salt goes on first right, I mean it's not called vinegar and salt. Fuxking place here in Wexford does it in reverse. Had to throw the damn chips in the bin on principle.
                                                                                                                          Yep. Salt first so the vinegar doesn't just run to the bottom of the bag.

Welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X