This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Any recommendations for a Chinese restaurant in town?
    Chai yo Baggott street
    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Great entertainment

Poor Oul Japan
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can't wait to see Scotland crushed in the quarter-finals.

Comment

Scottish players wildly celebrating a win over Samoa....embarrassing imo

They will have a cricket score put on them in the quarters
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Any recommendations for a Chinese restaurant in town?
            Little bit out of town but Kites in Ballsbridge is the utter nuts for Chiense food in Dublin.
            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Had a thought last night while very mellow on a Langedoc.

The idea hasn't left me yet, so might be a good idea. Although am currently in the market drinking Langedoc, so maybe that's an influence.

Please note I'm about to propose a competition, but under no circumstances will I be allowed to run it due to inability to run things.

Inspired by the cooking thread. We should have an

IPB Does Dishes Competition!

20 entrants, heads up style competition mode. Let's say €100 entry.

Format: the selected heads up participants have to cook a dish each from a randomly assigned list of ingredients and post relevant pictures, justifications, etc. There's no physical interaction, you can be making the dish for anyone, so just judged on looks and maybe a bit on the reasons for the dish.

Anonymous poll of only entered participants determines 60% of who the heads up winner is. Then a public poll determined remainder. One heads up a night, so between between SF, finals etc it would take two weeks.

Hmm maybe got into pedantics towards the end there. Think there's a few here though who would fancy their chances. We might even get PasTa back.

Any interest?!!!!
              im a maybe

Comment

Had a thought last night while very mellow on a Langedoc.

The idea hasn't left me yet, so might be a good idea. Although am currently in the market drinking Langedoc, so maybe that's an influence.

Please note I'm about to propose a competition, but under no circumstances will I be allowed to run it due to inability to run things.

20 entrants, heads up style competition mode. Let's say €100 entry.

Format: the selected heads up participants have to cook a dish each from a randomly assigned list of ingredients and post relevant pictures, justifications, etc. There's no physical interaction, you can be making the dish for anyone, so just judged on looks and maybe a bit on the reasons for the dish.

Anonymous poll of only entered participants determines 60% of who the heads up winner is. Then a public poll determined remainder. One heads up a night, so between between SF, finals etc it would take two weeks.

Hmm maybe got into pedantics towards the end there. Think there's a few here though who would fancy their chances. We might even get PasTa back.

Any interest?!!!!
                Can we not just have a load of booze and debauchery?
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Scottish players wildly celebrating a win over Samoa....embarrassing imo

They will have a cricket score put on them in the quarters
                  Would have been better for rugby if they were beaten and Japan got through.
                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

We should be shouting for Wales here. Beat France and Argies and we'll face the winner of Scots Wales if they win here, thus avoiding any of the big 3 until the final.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

#Pray4Keane. His Rahillys team are being ripped apart by James O Donoghue. Scoring 2 goals and setting up one. Still only 3 points down after 20 minutes. 3-3 to 1-6.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                              Can't wait to see Scotland crushed in the quarter-finals.
                              Don't know that they will. If Wales were to win now the Scots would be value against them imo. They could be as big as fours? Dunno. Absolutely bruising group and I think the Scots would be a lot fresher. Aussies would do them obv.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                Don't know that they will. If Wales were to win now the Scots would be value against them imo. They could be as big as fours? Dunno. Absolutely bruising group and I think the Scots would be a lot fresher. Aussies would do them obv.
                                Wales will be in the semis even if they lose tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                  Wales will be in the semis even if they lose tonight.
                                  Will take SA at 1/1 if they lose here so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Anti Natal class for the day. Homer Simpson glasses on.
                                    Pretty uneventful till the video at the end. Why would they show a man that.

Bottle of Malbec open & second half of the rugby to try and forget....

Comment

Pretty uneventful till the video at the end. Why would they show a man that.

Bottle of Malbec open & second half of the rugby to try and forget....
                                      The crowning glory.

Top Tip, stay up near the top, whats seen cant be unseen.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

@AJ - is it a bit strange that Holland are playing now & Turkey not till 7.45 thus knowing what they need to do?

Comment

James O Donoghue hat trick. Keane will not be happy. Lost by 3 points and denied a decent penalty claim. James O Donoghue is fairly class though.

Comment

Comment

@AJ - is it a bit strange that Holland are playing now & Turkey not till 7.45 thus knowing what they need to do?
                                              It's usually only the last round of games this kicks in afaik.

Comment

Aus must have started with 17 players.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

This group has been considerabley more attritional than any of the others, you'd have to oppose both these on the cap next week whatever happens here.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Anti Natal class for the day. Homer Simpson glasses on.
                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Quality misspell imo, wp.
                                                    I was confused, reread several times, i was thinking Natal in the rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                      It's usually only the last round of games this kicks in afaik.
                                                      Ah right, i though these were their last matches

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        We should be shouting for Wales here. Beat France and Argies and we'll face the winner of Scots Wales if they win here, thus avoiding any of the big 3 until the final.
                                                        Dislike of Gatland is blinding me to this eminently sensible logic.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Serious big from Australia here

Comment

Retard commentator keeps praising the effort levels, saying they've both already qualified, almost like avoiding South Africa then New Zealand isn't a big deal.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Are Australia at 5/2 to win the world cup a big price?

Comment

At a wedding, I'm explaining to the whole table about how to make a perfect eggocado, thinking I'm great. Giving it large about how to scoop out enough flesh to fit the egg etc..

Find out five minutes later, one of the guys at the table who I'd been instructing is a chef at Chapter One.

FML
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  Australia to win the pool 9/4. Look good?
                                                                  Never in doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    At a wedding, I'm explaining to the whole table about how to make a perfect eggocado, thinking I'm great. Giving it large about how to scoop out enough flesh to fit the egg etc..

Find out five minutes later, one of the guys at the table who I'd been instructing is a chef at Chapter One.

FML
                                                                    I'd keep an eye on their menu over the next few weeks, just in case...

Comment

Nah. Don't go in at all. Everyone is better off. It's some weird modern fetish.
                                                                      Speaking from experience I'm sure . Went the first time, definitely not the second. Shouldn't have gone the first time

Comment

This dude is still alive

He's 98 now.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

I'm probably the only person who thought this was a dish washing contest

Footage Farm is a historical audio-visual library. The footage in this video constitutes an unedited historical document and has been uploaded for research p...
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

PP QF caps up

SA -10 v wales.
                                                                              NZ -10 v France
                                                                              Ireland -6 v Argentina
                                                                              Australia -14 v Scotland.

No point in watching the match tomorrow now. Ffs spoilers Paddy.

Oh and liking Australia cap

Comment

Did an 8 leg accum this morning, combination of both teams to score/overs and Samoa to beat the spread. Had 6 up and was on over 2.5 goals in the Kazakhstan v Netherlands game. 0-2 until the 96th minute and the home side score!

One more hurdle but it's a tough one, over 4.5 goals Andorra v Belgium. Nice sweat at least, 1600 Europeans ftw.

Comment

Russia on the otherhand are a fun team to follow in international political news. Man, the hijinxs they get up to. Always something different too.
                                                                                  Feel a bit sorry for them sometimes, western media is awful biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                    This dude is still alive

He's 98 now.
                                                                                    Many many many years old

Comment

FML
                                                                                      you can make amends later in the bar with the ol Guitar.

Comment

I won't be coming out to play tonight elsambo tonight
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                          PP QF caps up

SA -10 v wales.
                                                                                          NZ -10 v France
                                                                                          Ireland -6 v Argentina
                                                                                          Australia -14 v Scotland.

No point in watching the match tomorrow now. Ffs spoilers Paddy.

Oh and liking Australia cap
                                                                                          Like the favs to beat the spread in all 4 if that's how it pans out.

Comment

FML
                                                                                            I never scoop out the flesh. I put a yolk in each half, with whatever amount of egg whites will fit, then whisk the remaining egg whites with some cream and parmesan, and pop it into a ramekin, sprinkle some salt, pepper and paprika over them and voila.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                Some really strong, some not the best.

Each season is a complete entity, there is no "proper" order to watch them in really. The cast stays pretty much the same, that's the recurring theme, albeit in different roles. Jessica Lang is amazing, and hot for an auld one.

Start with S2 would be my advice, Asylum.
                                                                                                Except that they are all taking place in a single, connected universe. Though the only real evidence of this so far was a small part of S4 and nothing that would be terribly significant.
                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

average age at a view from the bridge was 90, felt like a baby. Was taking bets on audience survival. Only half the crowd could get up for standing ovation.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-10-15, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    average age at a view from the bridge was 90, felt like a baby. Was taking bets on audience survival.
                                                                                                    Still amazes me the amount of 70 year old cunts who won't turn off their smartphones. I'm not believing that they don't know how to
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                      Except that they are all taking place in a single, connected universe. Though the only real evidence of this so far was a small part of S4 and nothing that would be terribly significant.
                                                                                                      Not really a spoiler

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Tell me more, is this your theory or a proven one ?

i do have a faint recollection of something along those lines being mentioned, something to connect them this season ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Still amazes me the amount of 70 year old cunts who won't turn off their smartphones. I'm not believing that they don't know how to
                                                                                                          We were told explicitly at the start, of course a few hearing aids failed. Pretty sure people there saw the original in 1955.

Comment

Did an 8 leg accum this morning, combination of both teams to score/overs and Samoa to beat the spread. Had 6 up and was on over 2.5 goals in the Kazakhstan v Netherlands game. 0-2 until the 96th minute and the home side score!

One more hurdle but it's a tough one, over 4.5 goals Andorra v Belgium. Nice sweat at least, 1600 Europeans ftw.
                                                                                                            1-3, 63 mins on the clock. One time.

Comment

Booooooooooooooooooooooom

Comment

1-3, 63 mins on the clock. One time.
                                                                                                                Ship
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                  Whats this we're talking about?

Jessica Lang playing Frances Farmer in the early 80's was the hottest thing since Shirley McLaine in the apartment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What's Irishtown like?

Comment

My kids have been following this extremely popular YouTube channel called Bratayley for the last year or so. It follows three US kids (8-13) doing day to day stuff kids do. One or two uploads a week. My kids just found out that the 13 year old died of an undiagnosed heart defect on the 2nd of Oct. Strange feeling of bereavement around our house right now. Could be their James Dean or JFK. I guess the constant vlogs brought them inside these kids homes and lives.
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Brave man posting this but it's 4-1 with a few mins to go. The curse is fickle. Enjoy your bananas.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          are you looking for drugs or prostitutes?
                                                                                                                          Ah ok, I see!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X