• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
    Nits.
    I'll go 50 quid with you m8

Comment

Chd you have an extra potato in there. It's 4 not 4 potato. I don't want you to be embarrassed if you sing it in a pub some night.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        Chd you have an extra potato in there. It's 4 not 4 potato. I don't want you to be embarrassed if you sing it in a pub some night.
        Knew somebody would come along and point this out but I'm sorry to tells ye m8, I wasn't singing no song.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
          Loser must buy the other a Kinder Surprise
          All booked. ā‚¬10, avatar for a month and Kinder Surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            I might give it another while... but your tastes can bea bit all over the place.

BTW RDIII those Leif GW Perrson books were a great shout. I'm just finishing the second one Another Time Another Life, really enjoying it and will probably dive straight into the next one.
            I can ship you paperbacks if you like. Our house has reached Peak Book.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Knew somebody would come along and point this out but I'm sorry to tells ye m8, I wasn't singing no song.
              Carry on so

If it's count to a million potatoes I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                Maybe Keane or Dobby will argue otherwise but in all my years in Kerry I have never seen Frog's legs on the menu anywhere. I have also never heard anyone talk about having them or know of anyone who has eaten them but didn't talk about it.

Are you sure you aren't confusing them with Chicken wings
                I had a seafood linguini in Doyles below in Dingle last Monday evening, one of the tastiest plates of food i have ever eaten.

I love going to Kerry. The colours are just different down there, you have a different shade of green to anywhere else in this fair land.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is whatā€™s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesnā€™t roll like that, because X canā€™t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Seven Potato

Comment

Eight potato tonight. With mince.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        I can ship you paperbacks if you like. Our house has reached Peak Book.
                        Actually went in to Chapters the other day and bought up their stock of his paperbacks.
                        I regularly have visitors who arrive with of paperbacks for me to read, and as I am only reading e books anymore I haven't anything to give them that either I want to part with or that I'd want to offer them to read. So now I trawl second hand shops for hours just so I have stuff decent enough to give away

Meanwhile after decades of accumulating books I'm thinking of dumping a couple of tons of them
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          I had a seafood linguini in Doyles below in Dingle last Monday evening, one of the tastiest plates of food i have ever eaten.

I love going to Kerry. The colours are just different down there, you have a different shade of green to anywhere else in this fair land.
                          Next time you're down get the chowder in Murphy's. Thank me after

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                            The food in the Epicurean was pretty awful imo. And I rarely pay more for food than places there charged.

There are solid reasons people didn't eat there often.
                            Agreed. It was just a food court like you'd get in any of the shopping centres.

It did well because people didn't have to agree to eat the same food as the missus or the awkward fuckers in the group.
                            But the individual places themselves were no better than individual "ethnic" places around town.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              I was cheering on the marine iguana vs the racer snakes like he was a race horse with bankroll on him.

go on lad.....Go On.......GO ON......GET UP THEM FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!
                              Just watched it. Lucky little fucker!!

The first episode in the series has been hailed as 'amazing' - but this stunning reptilian battle was compared it to a horror film

Comment

No hype?

On Episode 1 of UFC 205 Embedded, it's all business for the stars of New York City's first-ever UFC event. Lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez chalks up a win...
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Zuutroy posted the only good thing to come from that episode m8 so I left it.

Comment

Zuutroy posted the only good thing to come from that episode m8 so I left it.
                                    We have another ufc fighter who gives 110% though, they good mathsamaticians.
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                      We have another ufc fighter who gives 110% though, they good mathsamaticians.
                                      I made lasagna for T.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        I think we all hope that the guy who made the Taco's in the Trump grill is a Chinese chef who has stolen the recipe and is now churning out the product at a faster rate than the Hispanics can manage.

I am surprised that you guys are arguing over who is the nicest to immigrants and non white US citiizens. Both will be pretty shitty to them so it depends on if you would prefer that the predictability of Hillary slowly beading the system to Donalds any day could be the day he slashes an artery but he might decide to go the other way instead.

Also what I think we miss over here is that Donald does say he hates illegals not legal immigrants. Legal Hispanics are actually very anti illegal immigration and whilst the illegals may protest and march they cannot actually vote so count for little else than PR.

It is a strange election but I do find the idea that Hillary will be throwing the doors open to welcome the poor and needy of all nations to jump on welfare and Obama care laughable, she will slam the door just as hard.
                                        aaaahhh I think you're getting me wrong

Nowhere have i got involved in who is better to "even when it was the bears I knew it was the immigants"

All I said was:
                                        Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                        Aaahhh ya but what kind of fucktard puts I love Hispanics in a tweet like that!?

My problem with Trump is that he is a scumbag sexist racist fucktard!

My problem with Hilary is Hilary!

Comment

I made lasagna for T.
                                          10 wheelies and a bag of eclairs was my food for the day. Would recommend.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              10 wheelies and a bag of eclairs was my food for the day. Would recommend.
                                              Real cream filled eclairs are now in me head m8. ffs.

Comment

Starting to wish for a potato famine

Comment

In Tampa Florida for a while and the election is on tomorrow. Friend works for a radio station and got Ice hockey tickets on Friday got down to the players dressing room as they walked out all you could drink and eat pretty amazing. Got a slot on the radio show slight interview covered myself in glory saying a dead raccoon was the most unusual thing I'd seen so far. Her parents are Cuban refugees from the early 60/s. Had great food party no chat about Castro though. The temp has been 28-33 degrees sunny unreal. Fished a huge pier and the local council requested that Pokemon go take it off the Pokemon map as kids have been hooked in the head by fisherman casting off the pier glued to there phones.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                    Starting to wish for a potato famine
                                                    You'll end up in the wicklow mountains.

Comment

Read the guns of August instead. Ww1 is much more interesting than Ww2. Ww2 is an entry level war, only of interest to the feeble minded and those who like their sides demarcated by good and evil, just like home and away.

Comment

ALLAHU AKBAR

ALLAHU APAKABAR

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                          Fished a huge pier and the local council requested that Pokemon go take it off the Pokemon map as kids have been hooked in the head by fisherman casting off the pier glued to there phones.
                                                          Surely that's the fishermen's fault? Are they suggesting that the kids should be dodging the hooks cast at their heads?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              'murica
                                                              E-Day. Get Pumped bitches!

Rumours that neo-Nazis ambushed a convoy carrying e-voting machines in Clark County.

Not true. Just wanted to get you in the spirit of things. Watch moar Fox.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    Surely that's the fishermen's fault? Are they suggesting that the kids should be dodging the hooks cast at their heads?
                                                                    Surely it is the app creators fault? fishermen wont be aware that virtual creatures are about. Can't really blame them for doing their thing!

They are suggesting the app removes the pokemon station or whatever it is from that area for the kids safety.

Comment

Going to need a decent hashtag system to get us through the day and nights posting.

#rumour

#confirmed

#issickpuppyhillarysmanonthegrassyknollwhyelsewoul dhebeoverthere?
                                                                      Think tactics have to be along the lines of work - sleep for a few hours - up and view through to the morning.

Comment

So things to watch out for:

Ohio - if it goes Blue, it's all over
                                                                        North Carolina - same
                                                                        Florida - same

Florida is 50\50 in the polls yet Clinton is 2\5 and Trump is 2\1. If you want a sweat, backing Trump here is probably the one to be on. They do have a history of cough, cough contentious elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Think tactics have to be along the lines of work - sleep for a few hours - up and view through to the morning.
                                                                          The joys of working through the night, i get to sleep now and watch later.

Its all ok though, Hillary has this... i just stuck 25 on the Donald for some interest later.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Would there still be tix available for the NZ game, and if so how much should I expect to pay?
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The WebSummit scam is doing spectacular, worth ā‚¬200m to the Lisbon economyy (although those 'worth XXX to economy numbers are usually made-up), and here's a USA Today article taking the piss out of how much Ireland has lost for Portugal's gain. That article also notes that 55,000 vulnerable scammees have fallen prey to the scam this year, the most in the history of the event, and that it has become the biggest non-trade tech conference in the world.
                                                                              Wait. Are you trying to use the "worth to the local economy" as the metric here? That's not what was argued.

If I run a carbon-copy of 'The Sting' in Dublin for a month and manage to hook some huge fish who spend money in the locality during the scam l will certainly boost the local economy.

Does that boost therefore mean that the event is not a scam?
                                                                              That seems to be what you're suggesting here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                Would there still be tix available for the NZ game, and if so how much should I expect to pay?
                                                                                Just had a look on viagogo...

Price/Ticket Ā£294.80
                                                                                Number of Tickets (Edit) Ɨ 2
                                                                                Subtotal Ā£589.60
                                                                                Booking Fee 2 x Ā£83.75
                                                                                Tax 2 x Ā£16.75
                                                                                Secure Ticket Delivery 2 x Ā£5.18
                                                                                Total Price Ā£800.96
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Hey hitch how hard is Russian to learn,thinking it might be good for a future career in collaboration.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                    Just had a look on viagogo...

Price/Ticket Ā£294.80
                                                                                    Number of Tickets (Edit) Ɨ 2
                                                                                    Subtotal Ā£589.60
                                                                                    Booking Fee 2 x Ā£83.75
                                                                                    Tax 2 x Ā£16.75
                                                                                    Secure Ticket Delivery 2 x Ā£5.18
                                                                                    Total Price Ā£800.96
                                                                                    Love how they leave the booking fee reveal to the last second just before you click to buy-scum. Apparently Radiohead insist on names on tickets and strict ID checks at their gigs which needs to happen more
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 08-11-16, 09:50.

Comment

Ryanair's latest offer e-mail subject is fantastic.

"Even Hillary wouldn't delete this email"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        You'd have a decent chance of picking up a single ticket on the day for face value of you were around the Aviva. People always drop out and most rugby folk will offload a ticket at face value to a fellow supporter.

I picked up 2 restricted view seats two weeks ago for 100 for the pair (unnoticeable restriction on my view). The pro 12 Leinster v Connacht tickets were 120 for a pair likely sitting behind a pole to watch two teams shorn of their Irish internationals. Price is what you pay and value is what you get.

PS: Regular seats in the stand are ~€100 (incl booking fee etc) for Irl v Nz.
                                                                                        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 08-11-16, 10:01.
                                                                                        ā€˜IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.ā€ Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          Love how they leave the booking fee reveal to the last second just before you click to buy-scum. Apparently Radiohead insist on names on tickets and strict ID checks at their gigs which needs to happen more
                                                                                          We got 4 last Tuesday from their radiohead website and they only required the person's name who was booking the ticket. Will see how that goes next summer

Comment

Heard at the weekend that Hill Dog is a Lesbian. Hadn't heard that one before but apparently she's been with the same woman for years and she is part of the inner circle of her campaign

#rumour

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                              Heard at the weekend that Hill Dog is a Lesbian. Hadn't heard that one before but apparently she's been with the same woman for years and she is part of the inner circle of her campaign

#rumour
                                                                                              I heard it was Monica, #Karma

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

It's more that it's continued growth as the daddy of tech conferences suggests it isn't the scam you suggested it was last year, unless you know more than 55,000 very bright people. Usually when a lot of very bright people all do the same thing it's sensible, usually. Plus that the 'its a scam' storyline only emerged when websummit told Dublin to piss off, suggesting it was more of a salty thing than a true thing in the first place.
                                                                                                    Don't you study behavioral finance?

Remember when AOL bought Bebo? (valuation was good right)

You still haven't ever attempted to explain why you think the Emperor's clothes are nice. You've said other people like them though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      Surely it is the app creators fault? fishermen wont be aware that virtual creatures are about. Can't really blame them for doing their thing!

They are suggesting the app removes the pokemon station or whatever it is from that area for the kids safety.
                                                                                                      Eh? How is the the apps fault? People have gone for walks by the pier long before pokemon go.

Obviously the fisherman won't we aware their are virtual creatures about. That's not really relevant. They should look around them and see the non-virtual people standing there. Whether somebody is looking at their phone, or out at the water isn't gonna make much difference imo.

The onus is on the guy casting a sharp hook to be aware of his surroundings imo. And Im saying that as a person goes fishing regularly enough (usually from a pier too).

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        Don't you study behavioral finance?

Remember when AOL bought Bebo? (valuation was good right)

You still haven't ever attempted to explain why you think the Emperor's clothes are nice. You've said other people like them though.
                                                                                                        The real value is for smaller exhibitors to get in touch with Angel investors, lead generation for the sales teams and generally networking.

Yes the whole thing is dressed up with Key note speakers from sport and politics who want to raise their profiles but there is business being done behind it.

The Value to Ireland and what we lost is not really in bookings in the Burlington and pubs around town which is clearly a loss. Irish startups and companies that are in the second growth stages but need investment or partnership to move forward have lost an easy way to make contact and market on home soil. The logistics of going to display in Lisbon are more difficult, the transportation costs and the fact that Irish firms wont get a preferential rate to display make attending a less attractive proposition.

The guy who organises it is a twat with an incredible ego but the way it was dealt with by the govt was very heavy handed and public. It will have a knock on effect on job creation in Irish tech and with the level of skills in the tech sector in Dublin it is amazing that our biggest tech firms are foreign or built on previous business like Paddy Power - there is not the same start up culture as the US and this was a knock.

As much as I hate to say it FF would not have let this event go and would have not bowed to the wishes of the organiser but found some middle ground - long term gain over short term power assertion. I still think this was a huge mistep.

Comment

...

Comment

The real value is for smaller exhibitors to get in touch with Angel investors, lead generation for the sales teams and generally networking.
                                                                                                            Gimme a EV estimate.
                                                                                                            Yes the whole thing is dressed up with Key note speakers from sport and politics who want to raise their profiles but there is business being done behind it.
                                                                                                            Look forward to all the figures that come out about that business.
                                                                                                            As much as I hate to say it FF would not have let this event go and would have not bowed to the wishes of the organiser but found some middle ground - long term gain over short term power assertion. I still think this was a huge mistep.
                                                                                                            Corruption101
                                                                                                            Guy was looking for the state to pick up some of the bills for his convention. They wouldn't. He moved where they would. End of story pretty much.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 08-11-16, 11:45.

Comment

It's more that it's continued growth as the daddy of tech conferences suggests it isn't the scam you suggested it was last year, unless you know more than 55,000 very bright people. Usually when a lot of very bright people all do the same thing it's sensible, usually. Plus that the 'its a scam' storyline only emerged when websummit told Dublin to piss off, suggesting it was more of a salty thing than a true thing in the first place.
                                                                                                              I think I see the mistake you are making, substitute in 54,950 wannabee hipster marketroids who are fixated on tech sector and you would be on the right track

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  Gimme a EV estimate.

Corruption101
                                                                                                                  Put an ev value on networking, lead generation, start-up investments and product partnership - I work in recruitment and am not the head of statistical analysis for a venture fund with a side hobby in macro economics to apply such data to wider social and economic impacts over the future of the Irish economy.

In terms of corruption 101 it is hardly corrupt to push to keep an event that will strengthen a sector (our highest performing Sector?). It is incompetence 101 to release it. We have how many semi states and full state bodies dedicated to doing exactly what this achieved, just because the guy is a cock and listening to the speakers prattle on sounds like my idea of hell does not change the actual business opportunities created.

Comment

Put an ev value on networking, lead generation, start-up investments and product partnership - I work in recruitment and am not the head of statistical analysis for a venture fund with a side hobby in macro economics to apply such data to wider social and economic impacts over the future of the Irish economy.
                                                                                                                    Don't need to be a quant to know the lottery is bad value.

In terms of corruption 101 it is hardly corrupt to push to keep an event that will strengthen a sector (our highest performing Sector?). It is incompetence 101 to release it. We have how many semi states and full state bodies dedicated to doing exactly what this achieved, just because the guy is a cock and listening to the speakers prattle on sounds like my idea of hell does not change the actual business opportunities created.
                                                                                                                    The guy quite literally wanted the state to close streets and remove parking restrictions, supply GardaĆ­ instead of him hiring security and logistics staff, and compel/pressurize (or subsidise?) another organisation to massively upgrade their own infrastructure so that he could avail of it. Oh, and he wanted them to do all of the organising of all of this and pick up the bills too.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 08-11-16, 12:08.

Comment

Prince Harry is such a fucking boss!

Royal condemns ‘racial undertones’ in media reports as palace sources reveal he feared for safety of actor and her family

Comment

...

Comment

This is the first thing we note in advanced corporate finance - that regular corporate finance's focus on EV is a dumb way of understanding the value of something.
                                                                                                                          So tell me the value of Web Summit to those that attend. Give me some metrics. What is the worth?

I've asked you a few times now.

(Pretty hilarious to suggest that 'expected value' is a dumb way of understanding the value of something btw - should we use U-EV instead? Unexpected value?)
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 08-11-16, 12:18.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X