This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    I bagged my pitch standing tickets for the Sunday so tres happy with that.

I must make it my bees wax to see that tribute sometime, have heard good things.
    Friday sold out in 20 mins and now online for twice the price. Nuts.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ticketmaster are cunts.
      It's agreed with each artist and venue how much it will be and ticketmaster take the flak, so blame aul bruce

Ticketmaster do this on purpose, the others (band/venue) get a cut of it too while ticketmaster take the heat for them.
      Ticketmaster gets business saying they will give them more profit without them having to appear like the "bad guy".
      They are a "bad PR" company there to make you mad at them, it's their whole purpose.
      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-02-16, 09:56.

Comment

RE:Chess, I enjoyed Pawn Sacrifice that was mentioned the other day in here.

Not a story I knew anything about beforehand. Ty whoever mentioned it, can't remember who it was to my shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Friday sold out in 20 mins and now online for twice the price. Nuts.
          Is that on ticketmasters own scalping site?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Weak shit from the master of reasoned debate.
            Yup. They don't want to acknowledge it. As long as they get to puff out their chests and talk about Dublin supremacy in September thats all that matters isn't it. The intercounty game urgently needs some financial fair play regulation, County boards down the country spunking all the loots trying to compete with Dublin's financiall doping advantages

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              It's agreed with each artist and venue how much it will be and ticketmaster take the flak, so blame aul bruce

Ticketmaster do this on purpose, the others (band/venue) get a cut of it too while ticketmaster take the heat for them.
              Ticketmaster gets business saying they will give them more profit without them having to appear like the "bad guy".
              They are a "bad PR" company there to make you mad at them, it's their whole purpose.
              I have ZERO issue with the price, would gladfully pay twice. I was going to NY to see him in Jan if i got tickets.

My issue with them is the way they release tickets to the public, they are the worst nosebleed, limited view available, this has always been the case. They run a resale site now, seatwave...guess where the best seated tickets end up for twice the price ? Cunts.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                RE:Chess, I enjoyed Pawn Sacrifice that was mentioned the other day in here.

Not a story I knew anything about beforehand. Ty whoever mentioned it, can't remember who it was to my shame!
                Looking forward to that.

Frank Brady's biography sounds like it would be dry as shite but its a great read
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol Ticketmaster.
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Why couldn't they have the second concert on the Saturday, got through for 2 130E tickets on the Sunday,couldn't pull trigger though ,as both working next day

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      Yup. They don't want to acknowledge it. As long as they get to puff out their chests and talk about Dublin supremacy in September thats all that matters isn't it. The intercounty game urgently needs some financial fair play regulation, County boards down the country spunking all the loots trying to compete with Dublin's financiall doping advantages
                      Pfft, I puff my chest out and talk about #DublinSupremacy all year round.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Why couldn't they have the second concert on the Saturday, got through for 2 130E tickets on the Sunday,couldn't pull trigger though ,as both working next day
                        The dude is 66, he is not doing any consecutive nights this tour.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

The dude is 66, he is not doing any consecutive nights this tour.
                          Don't care,I'm talking to Joe about this

That's crokers concert quota gone now,right?

Comment

I have ZERO issue with the price, would gladfully pay twice. I was going to NY to see him in Jan if i got tickets.

My issue with them is the way they release tickets to the public, they are the worst nosebleed, limited view available, this has always been the case. They run a resale site now, seatwave...guess where the best seated tickets end up for twice the price ? Cunts.
                            Yeah that's a bit dodgy. They did try and combat scalpers by saying you have to bring the card you purchased with along, but of course people disagree with that too.

Comment

Fair play to Liverpool fans re the ticket prices. Nice to see greedy thieving cunts get smacked down. A small victory in the grand scheme of things but nice to see

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                Was just looking there myself. Ah well 200 to 1 shots rarely romp home. I have lost my cash out option on my fiver .
                                he finished on +5, only 10 shots behind the leader so it looks like he steadied the ship, and will mount an almighty comeback tomorrow. #IbelieveinEd

Comment

Don't care,I'm talking to Joe about this

That's crokers concert quota gone now,right?
                                  2 nights of Bruce >>>>>>>>>10,000 nights of Garth

Comment

@Emmett: relevant to your interests

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      never got back to you as was waiting for you to answer hotsupr's questions re did you mean include or exclude.

Cambodia is amazing. Lots to see and do, but for a week, i'm guessing you'll do siem reap (2-3 days) and phnomh penh (3 days)?

My knowledge of Malaysia is very old as i grew up in those parts in the 70s so all i remember is amazing jungles and breathtaking islands, which i think is still the same. the issue is travel. in a week, not sure what are the key places to go.

Another option you could include is Laos which is fantastic.
                                      Yeah that's pretty much the plan for Cambodia I reckon. Fly from there into Malaysia and have a friend who spent a nice bit of time who will point us in the right direction for that. Can't wait now just need to get flights booked and start the proper plans then.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Before he faces Floyd Mayweather, UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor accepts his Fighter of the Year award. Subscribe to my channel for more behind the ...

Jasas!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          Yeah that's pretty much the plan for Cambodia I reckon. Fly from there into Malaysia and have a friend who spent a nice bit of time who will point us in the right direction for that. Can't wait now just need to get flights booked and start the proper plans then.
                                          sounds great.

Tips for Siem Reap:

Book a licensed guide and a chauffeur for at least a day. There is so much to see, that having someone to show you around, and tell you the history and stories is a must.

Go visit Angkor Wat at dusk, The sunsets can be phenomenal (go via motorcycle taxi for the craic).

If you like massages, get a massage from the massage school for the blind (can't remember if that's the exact name, but it's basically a school which takes in blind kids and teaches them massages so they can get jobs after). It helps the local economy and they truly do good massages.

Comment

sounds great.

Tips for Siem Reap:

Book a licensed guide and a chauffeur for at least a day. There is so much to see, that having someone to show you around, and tell you the history and stories is a must.

Go visit Angkor Wat at dusk, The sunsets can be phenomenal (go via motorcycle taxi for the craic).

If you like massages, get a massage from the massage school for the blind (can't remember if that's the exact name, but it's basically a school which takes in blind kids and teaches them massages so they can get jobs after). It helps the local economy and they truly do good massages.
                                            All noted and saved, ty!
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              @Emmett: relevant to your interests

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/201...-own-home-nas/
                                              hardware bought and delivered (other than additional RAM).

Not around for next couple weekends to get it all setup unfortunately.

Trying to figure out if I just pay for unRaid or do it all myself through ESXi/Proxmox tbh

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hardware - TS140, 2 x 1TB plates, 1 Samsung SSD, 1 'Fit' USB (to boot hypervisor).
                                              (actually might be able to just use the trial unRaid as max 3 drives)
                                              Last edited by Emmet; 11-02-16, 12:01.

Comment

My knowledge of Malaysia is very old as i grew up in those parts in the 70s
                                                You know what's great about Shrap? I didn't know this, and am not in any way surprised.

Comment

OH MY GOD. Set your faces to stunned.

Campaign Video for Martin Heydon, Fine Gael TD for Kildare South. General Election 2016 #GE16.Martin Heydon has delivered for Kildare South. Vote No.1 Heydo...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Weak shit from the master of reasoned debate.
                                                    It was late and I had to be up early to get my Bruce tickets (secured).

Also, you were trolling me like a pro. We've been over this ground. Never one to be deterred though...

Dublin are administered properly. Of course they have a funding advantage and that needs to be addressed but it's not Dublin's fault that they have their ducks in a row to place games development officers into areas. The clubs are generally really well run (few notable exceptions to be sure) and the county board cut out the traditional political in-fighting about 20 years ago. There's a reason every Dublin fan knew Andy Kettle. He was returned unopposed to the county chairmanship 5 times. He took over from Gerry Harrington who also did a magnificent job for the county. Compare a roughly equivalent county: Cork. They have a sponsorship deal with an insurance company, just as Dublin do. They have more clubs and an equivalent playing population. And they had the best team in Ireland for about 6 years between 2006-2012 and won a single All Ireland title. Since then they've been a mess. A complete shambles. Why? Because they can't get their house in order at all. Their development plans are a joke. The centre of excellence at the redeveloped Pairc Ui Chaiomh is the greatest white elephant in the GAA. And before you say it the capital grants have nothing to do with the games development money referred to in that article you linked to.

Cork could compete with Dublin financially but they don't. They fail to do so because they are poorly organised. No amount of central funding will fix that. Of course Dublin should get less central money from the GAA. They don't need it. But that won't magically even the playing field. The other counties need to do what Dublin did and copy the very successful model of the Kerry county board and the fundraising models they have deployed.

Also, one of the reasons this argument bugs me so much is that it denigrates the achievements of a special generation of Dublin players. Paul Flynn, Bernard Brogan, Stephen Cluxton, Ciaran Kilkenny, Jack McCaffrey... these lads are the best we've had in 40 years. Dublin is having its glory days. We've won 5 All Irelands in 32 years - 3 of them this decade. This isn't Kilkenny in the hurling we are talking about. It's a great team that's come along and deserve credit for their achievements. We should give more game development money to other counties but no amount of money is a substitute for good administrators making sound long term choices for the development of the game within their county.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Got seated tickets for Friday but was disappointed not to get standing ones. Good job I got standing tics for the Sunday then

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FkRjjGsBM

That is class TBF, I never credited him with that much ability or wit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                          And they had the best team in Ireland for about 6 years between 2006-2012
                                                          ah stop

Comment

Missed the answer to #1 in mcnuggets post, I was after a few. Cute waitress gave me another free beer - not sure if dumb or flirting.
                                                            We defintely this guy on our quiz team obv. Top quality stuff. Come anytime mcnugget
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Watch GIGS on Samsung TV Plus: https://www.samsungtvplus.com?action=play&target_tab=discover&target_id=GBBD3000004VR&target_type=1 Available to order now at ...

loud

Comment

Any Revolut users having issues topping up today?

Comment

Recent convert to spotify

How long does it take to stop it showing you awful shite like coldplay and/or chart music?

apps I should install with it?

Doesn't seem to have a "fuck off they are woeful shite" option for bands etc

ta

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

if any one is looking for a (almost disposable) P&S, this is a very decent piece of kit and at GBP29 an absolute steal

KODAK

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        Got seated tickets for Friday but was disappointed not to get standing ones. Good job I got standing tics for the Sunday then
                                                                        I'll be a long auld stand. I'd set the line at 3.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          I'll be a long auld stand. I'd set the line at 3.5 hours.

Comment

First couple of golf bets this year. Gone with Na, Reed, Lowry, O'Hair and of course the token euro each way on Harrington
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              FF out with a plan today to temporarily dismantle Irish Water until 2021. Can't even begin to imagine the logic behind that.

Never mind that Ireland had one of the worst records for water preservation in Europe when it was under local authority management.

Abolish the charges maybe, if thats your thing (a weird thing really); but to shut down the actual organisation for five years?????

Trump would be an intellectual advance...
                                                                              This is what is commonly known as a lie and they will in fact have no plans to dismantle Irish water.

Comment

Sky Q launches tomorrow for anyone that may be interested. Most stores have the boxes in and ready for demo, for those who may be interested.
                                                                                Please drive to portlaoise and purchase off me
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Evening Segway tour
                                                                                  http://www.romebysegway.com/site/

All of the sights in one evening, backstories and zero walking. Will give you your bearings for what you want to back and look at more too. The fountains are spectacular when lit up

Pay for vatican guide, skips boring queues.
                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FkRjjGsBM
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      1/ Got 2* Seated for Friday and 4*Standing for Sunday. Ran good.

2/ Off to Rome in the morning. Last minute suggestions please?
                                                                                      2 Tickets for England/Ireland Rugby game at Twickenham in the bag. Looking forward to it.
                                                                                      Good day for you!

No thoughts to Reykjavik?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

How long does it take to stop it showing you awful shite like coldplay and/or chart music?

ta
                                                                                        Doesn't take long,the discover section gets pretty damn good once you've been listening to stuff you like a few weeks

Comment

Third series of The Trip on the way, USA I'd guess

Comment

Babysitter(s) secured for tonight, missus wants Tapas now that we seem to be back from Belgium. Any recommendations in town?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Babysitter(s) secured for tonight, missus wants Tapas now that we seem to be back from Belgium. Any recommendations in town?
                                                                                              old reviews from me but the port house used to be decent.

There was also a place in cabinteely which did lovely tapas if you didn't want to go all the way to town.

Comment

People on seatwave and viagogo trying to flog pitch tickets to Brucie for €250-€300 a pop (€98 cost),do many of them end up getting this or do they usually end up having to flog them off close to cost nearer the date?

Comment

People on seatwave and viagogo trying to flog pitch tickets to Brucie for €250-€300 a pop (€98 cost),do many of them end up getting this or do they usually end up having to flog them off close to cost nearer the date?
                                                                                                  "People" lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    Trawling through wiki and somehow ended up on the Kennedys.
                                                                                                    Very surprised to read that the assassin Sirhan Sirhan who killed Bobby Kennedy is still alive and locked up and being refused parole every few years - had kinda assumed everyone involved in the whole Kennedys thing was long gone. Americans really are savagely unforgiving when it comes to prison sentences.
                                                                                                    Seen this on Twitter last night.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I heard that ticketmaster own seatwave which if true is a disgrace.

Comment

old reviews from me but the port house used to be decent.

There was also a place in cabinteely which did lovely tapas if you didn't want to go all the way to town.
                                                                                                        you've been to Cabinteely ? I never knew this about you and yet..

Comment

2 Tickets for England/Ireland Rugby game at Twickenham in the bag. Looking forward to it.
                                                                                                          Twickenham is such a nightmare to get back into London from after a match. Organise a car in advance. Saved us a headache last time after dealing with the crush for the train the previous trip. Cracking atmosphere though, was at the 2014 one.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            "People" lol
                                                                                                            Not me genuinely. Wouldn't do that to a Bruce fan. Ed sheeran \ kodaline on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                              you've been to Cabinteely ? I never knew this about you and yet..
                                                                                                              lol, feck off! lived not too far.

Comment

Havana on Georges street use to be decent, it's been a while doh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                                  Thats a weird Article,quite unlike the NewYorker to be so soft.

Choosing to concentrate on the rubber ducks rather than Teddy, not recognising that these are reasonably normal ravings for your average batshit crazy mass murderer. But most of all the perpetuating the old SinnFein IRA side of the mouth line that he ordered Jean McConville's execution and disposal because he believed she was passing sensitive information to the British Army. By now only the most deluded Sinn Fein / IRA supporter doesn't acknowledge that Adams needed to terrorise the residents into not accepting the presence of the Army as normality and it was precisely because she knew nothing and had no one 'connected' such that no one beyond her unfortunate children would really care that Adams personally selected her to make a brutal example of.

Unreal this scumbag is leader of a party that some 15% of the Irish people are going to be stupid enough to vote for this month

Comment

Tapas de Lola on Wexford St. Those lesbians prepare an amazing Chorizo.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Located in the heart of buzzing Wexford Street and Camden Street, Las Tapas de Lola offers sumptuous Spanish tapas, wines, beers and tasty sangria for every occasion.

This place has been excellent anytime I've eaten there.

Edit: AFB beat me to it above but ya its quality
                                                                                                                      Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 11-02-16, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                        Havana on Georges street use to be decent, it's been a while doh.
                                                                                                                        Maybe its just me but i dont like this place, the food is good but its like the Eddie Rockets of Tapas. I was there last week and its too bright or something, it doesnt have the tapas feel. It seems a bird group tapas place.
                                                                                                                        The port house is still the best tapas bar on Dublin imo closely followed by Tapas Lola on Wexford st.
                                                                                                                        The market bar for tapas with no pomp is terrific value during early bird time if thats what your looking for and the bar with no name opposite is always good for a pre pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

ta
                                                                                                                          I've been using Spotify since December and not totally sold on it yet, never really got into it, some of the playlists are decent and that's probably one of the best features for me but then others are shite, been using it a lot more than Google Music.
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X