X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
    are refs scared to give penalty trys?

yellow card, 4 scrum penalties, at what stage does he give one
    That maul had try all over it and imo should have been a penalty try.
    Pen trys from scrums are only given if a try would definitely have been scored.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
      SA nicely under radar as well imo.
      Can't see them contending when it comes down to it. That was a second string USA team they played during the week. They were dreadful against Japan and were well beaten by Argentina in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        I have the Aussies backed to win the World Cup However I've got this mad feeling that Ireland are going to do it. (never get this vibe) It's like the stars are aligned or something. I don't think I'll ever be more delighted about a sporting event if it does happen . So BBV rugger boys is it possible to gamble on buying a ticket for the final now or do we have to wait to see who makes it before they are on sale ?
        Have the Aussies at 8s now in to 11/4. Cash out is less than double the stake. LOL GTFO.

Comment

NZ probably put 50/60 on them from here which would be a travesty.

If they played like this against a top tier side they'd be gone. Comfortably gone.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
            It's a complete fucking scam. I 'won' about a meter and a half of exhibition space with 4 x entry tickets (Exhibition hall only). All I have to do is pay the motherfucking €2K processing fee and I'm good to go. Just read the smallprint..Can only exhibit for one of the 3 days. There may be an incident...
            What company were you going to exhibit?

I was looking at their full list this week and randomly looked up a few startups that sounded like they might be interesting. They weren't.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
              It's a complete fucking scam. I 'won' about a meter and a half of exhibition space with 4 x entry tickets (Exhibition hall only). All I have to do is pay the motherfucking €2K processing fee and I'm good to go. Just read the smallprint..Can only exhibit for one of the 3 days. There may be an incident...
              So its basically just a hi-tech version of the business calendar scam that started sometime in the 1950s. I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Yeah, had looked it up after your post and saw about the obligatory entry tickets at ridonkulous money.

But this thread is interesting. Some decent comments there (among the criticisms), saying that you can get value out of it if you go ready and willing to work your ass off. It's not a show-and-tell essentially.

Think the best comments on that thread are: if you have better things to do with your money to grow your business then do those instead; but when your ready then WebSummit is great.

You should absolutely approach Enterprise Ireland first. They have oodles of easily obtained cash. Start with the Innovation Vouchers - where they give you six grand to get someone in a uni to do research / development work for you.
                Think the best way to capitalise is to recoup entry free by way of grant in order to freeroll. It's not an opportunity we require investment for at this stage so just really a B2B wankfest and hope that 1 outta 10 demos spark interest. EI are the next step and we tick all the boxes so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  What company were you going to exhibit?

I was looking at their full list this week and randomly looked up a few startups that sounded like they might be interesting. They weren't.
                  It's in the Fintech sector, we prob aren't

Comment

Jays fucking robbed
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Another batshit crazy season opener from American Horror Story, love it !
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Another batshit crazy season opener from American Horror Story, love it !
                        How good is it? I see it is 5 seasons in so seems a big committment.....

Are all the 1st 4 seasons good or some middling efforts?
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just home from winning the cup in Wicklow, Darts.

Woop! Proper Shane Longs so we are.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

iSnow, CHD - Another exchange like that and you will both be banned for a week. Another one after that you will both be banned for a month.

If you want to trade childish insults then fuck off to Facebook or use PMs. I've deleted all the overnight crap.

Haven't banned anyone except spammers in ages but will follow through on this if needs be.

Comment

Horror story in Carrickmines last night.

I hope the fk it was an accident, doesn't bear thinking about

Comment

Anti Natal class for the day. Homer Simpson glasses on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Anti Natal class for the day.
                                    Quality misspell imo, wp.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                      How good is it? I see it is 5 seasons in so seems a big committment.....

Are all the 1st 4 seasons good or some middling efforts?
                                      Some really strong, some not the best.

Each season is a complete entity, there is no "proper" order to watch them in really. The cast stays pretty much the same, that's the recurring theme, albeit in different roles. Jessica Lang is amazing, and hot for an auld one.

Start with S2 would be my advice, Asylum.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea but really enjoying this..

Smiling Like an Idiot is out now and available to purchase on CD & Vinyl: https://factionrecords.lnk.to/srslai2023 Tour Dates http://www.sorcharichardson.com...
                                        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Payne out of the entire World Cup.
                                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                              Payne out of the entire World Cup.
                                              Who will be the replacement? Trimble?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                Some really strong, some not the best.

Each season is a complete entity, there is no "proper" order to watch them in really. The cast stays pretty much the same, that's the recurring theme, albeit in different roles. Jessica Lang is amazing, and hot for an auld one.

Start with S2 would be my advice, Asylum.
                                                Thanks, will give it a shot tomorrow so as was kinda on the hunt for a good new show. Saw 5 pilots recently in my quest for one - The Bastard Executioner, Power, Scream Queens, Limitless and Blindspot. As you can imagine a couple of them weren't great.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                  Who will be the replacement? Trimble?
                                                  Potentially or someone like Fergus McFadden but it's largely irrelevant they are unlikely to see any game time.

Comment

Potentially or someone like Fergus McFadden but it's largely irrelevant they are unlikely to see any game time.
                                                    Really it should probably be a scrum half. Should bring Peter stringer for the craic. Still has a nice bit of whip in his pass.

Comment

Agreed not a huge fan of his bit Darren Cave is a center and a center only and no sign of game time.
                                                      I dread Earls at 13

Comment

A replacement isnt being announced until after the French game. I guess it depends on if any more knocks are picked up in that game aswell.

Comment

Sicario is a bit meh

Comment

Comment

A man with two children, one of which is newborn shouldn't have this much time on his hands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  Anti Natal class for the day. Homer Simpson glasses on.
                                                                  Required watching:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                    Agreed not a huge fan of his bit Darren Cave is a center and a center only and no sign of game time.
                                                                    I dread Earls at 13
                                                                    Given they won't get any game time, why not call up someone like Ringrose or McCloskey and give them some camp experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                      Never miss the opportunity to meet someone from Sligo.
                                                                      There are no Sligo strangers, just Sligo friends you haven't yet met.
                                                                      My brains hurts

Comment

thinly veiled 'I have a brain' brag
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Dont leave us hanging any longer Keane, what did you have for dinner?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Our resident finance lecturer suggesting a 20 person heads up comp is a small bit disconcerting.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Just got invite to pub to watch rugby today and party in a house after and watch rugby and football tomorrow.

Participants are in the Dice league of consumption and Hitch league of degeneracy and so I refused.

Getting old and sensible sucks.

Comment

Given they won't get any game time, why not call up someone like Ringrose or McCloskey and give them some camp experience.
                                                                                Whose to say they won't get game time when when any extra games we get will be ridic tough body on the line games?
                                                                                The problem is we never had any cover for centre just a lot of wingers who you could stick in there at a push.
                                                                                IMO if we were stuck I'd rather put any one of our back row forwards in as cover over Earls (Looking forward to him making me look ridiculous for saying this).
                                                                                As it is I think if there are no other obvious injuries on Monday morning they'd have to bring Cave or McFadden.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  My brains hurts
                                                                                  Was a pleasure to meet you m8. Did you go on much longer after I left?
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Some start to this Samoa v Scotland game. Non stop stuff!

Comment

3 trys in ~3 minutes

Comment

Tilting that theres more entertainment every 60 seconds in this Scotland/Samoa match than there was is the entire 80 minutes of the Italy/Ireland game I was at.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Whose to say they won't get game time when when any extra games we get will be ridic tough body on the line games?
                                                                                          The problem is we never had any cover for centre just a lot of wingers who you could stick in there at a push.
                                                                                          IMO if we were stuck I'd rather put any one of our back row forwards in as cover over Earls (Looking forward to him making me look ridiculous for saying this).
                                                                                          As it is I think if there are no other obvious injuries on Monday morning they'd have to bring Cave or McFadden.
                                                                                          Cave is already there. So him and Luke Fitzgerald provide centre options as is. Obv if we want a forward at centre it should Cronin. Really surprised he isn't the bench hooker. He adds something different for the last 20/30 mins when the game opens up. Strauss is just a slightly worse best.

Also hoping earls proves me and my unrelenting criticism every time he is mentioned at 13. Still can't see him being effective tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            Tilting that theres more entertainment every 60 seconds in this Scotland/Samoa match than there was is the entire 80 minutes of the Italy/Ireland game I was at.
                                                                                            It's revenge for your lack of knowledge of HC tv scheduling

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Was a pleasure to meet you m8. Did you go on much longer after I left?
                                                                                              The checz in, saw the ropey fuck from the adverts, made the trip

You still want my laugh as a ring tone?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                3 trys in ~3 minutes
                                                                                                Guess which 5 minutes I had to go out and do something

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                  Cave is already there.
                                                                                                  Someone should tell Schmidt that

Comment

Any recommendations for a Chinese restaurant in town?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Obv if we want a forward at centre it should Cronin. .
                                                                                                      That would be wonderful

This is a cracking game, so unfair on Japan.

Comment

Pne of the places down around Moore St where there are Chinese people eating from a different menu.

Ask them for Dim Sum from the Chinese peoples menu.

Comment

...

Comment

They're just taking the piss out of you now AJ.

Comment

TMO dude man of the match so far.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Had a thought last night while very mellow on a Langedoc.

The idea hasn't left me yet, so might be a good idea. Although am currently in the market drinking Langedoc, so maybe that's an influence.

Please note I'm about to propose a competition, but under no circumstances will I be allowed to run it due to inability to run things.

Inspired by the cooking thread. We should have an

IPB Does Dishes Competition!

20 entrants, heads up style competition mode. Let's say €100 entry.

Format: the selected heads up participants have to cook a dish each from a randomly assigned list of ingredients and post relevant pictures, justifications, etc. There's no physical interaction, you can be making the dish for anyone, so just judged on looks and maybe a bit on the reasons for the dish.

Anonymous poll of only entered participants determines 60% of who the heads up winner is. Then a public poll determined remainder. One heads up a night, so between between SF, finals etc it would take two weeks.

Hmm maybe got into pedantics towards the end there. Think there's a few here though who would fancy their chances. We might even get PasTa back.

Any interest?!!!!
                                                                                                                I wouldn't mind having a go at this, as a contestant.

100 a pop is a bit much though, why even have an entry fee ?
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Now in your cinemas: Intifada Part III.

Dust down your moral indignation folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Now in your cinemas: Intifada Part III.

Dust down your moral indignation folks.
                                                                                                                    Sigh all that will happen is the israelis will have a kill death ratio of probably 15-20/1.
                                                                                                                    America will say Israel has the right to defend itself no matter what atrocities its soldiers commit.
                                                                                                                    Sinn fein and every other anti everything will claim its all the jews fault.

Comment

The Good World on George's Street

Comment

What a header

Blackie discusses his son's upbringing. Uploaded under fair use for comment/critique.Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jXbJqkIxWg

Charlies 3 obv, 20% off before 5pm too. win win
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Not in town but China Sichuan in Sandyford is the best in Dublin imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X