X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Do you subscribe to any conspiracy theories ? Some almost plausible ones out there.
      When i was editor of a certain poker magazine one of the lads in the Las Vegas office, who was a big conspiracy theorist, used to 'hide' an Eye of Providence (the Iluminati/Freemasons eye) on the cover of each issue.

Most months i couldn't find it without having to ask him where it was. But occasionally he would make it a little more obvious and i could find it.

I seem to remember there was an Irish Open cover which had a very easy to find one.

I don't know if anyone else ever noticed but we had a laugh with it.

Comment

Folks,

Soccer Republic are running a comp for match tickets/ flights/ room/board/ €500 cash etc to france for Ireland first match. It's only running on soccer republic which gets feck all viewers. Last week's comp only got 30 entries so if you enter your in with a great chance. I cant enter for obvious reasons but it might be nice for someone here to get the prize.

Don't enter before 11.50pm tonight.

Sean St Ledger scored the only Irish goal at

UEFA Euro 2012, but against which of these teams?

England

Croatia

Scotland

Text REPUBLIC followed by your answer & name to 57001

Each text entry costs €1.50/£1.20. Each call entry from the eir network will cost €1.52

and from a BT landline will cost £1.23. Calls from other networks may be higher.

Lines close at 10.00am on Wednesday, 1st June

Details on www.rte.ie/competitions

Comment

Tonkaaaaa chopping SCOOP52-M HU on stream at the moment for 6 figures. Been a fun watch!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
            I got called for jury duty on 14th June. In the unlikely event i get selected does that mean I'll probably be there on the 15th? I've a cattle test booked for that day so day booked off work etc
            You can apply to be excused, but it is up to the court to decide if you can.

Comment

So everybody, just make sure to Text 'REPUBLIC England + your name' to 57001. I'll have a go myself.

Comment

Ooops. Misread the don't as do before 11.50pm.

Comment

Comment

@shrap, you're only short of a comet and a full eclipse to warn you of the no goodness that will come of taking that job. It's evil. Evil I tells ye.

Comment

Ashamed to admit im the worlds worst at spotting wigs. After passing DDP outside an offie in Phibsboro i was nudged and told hope the wind doesnt blow his wig off, i never knew it was a wig!. Couldnt believe it!.

Comment

Claire Byrne has a fine head of hair

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          @shrap, you're only short of a comet and a full eclipse to warn you of the no goodness that will come of taking that job. It's evil. Evil I tells ye.
                          I agree, but look what I've become. I need the evil to feed the hatred. It's taking over. Might start murdering people just to see if it's any fun.

Comment

GOTten like Love Hate with all the spoilers, too many normies watching.

SPOILER
                            Surprised at you though Ole, genuinely spoilt that for me. Use spoilers lads, ffs.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Got
                              SPOILER
                              no surprise that ending was straight from Grr martins head. Good stuff,he has been sitting on that a while. Good to know he prob is filling them in on major plot points he has planned all along,so they can't go too off the rails.you can pick out the scenes they have made up off their own bat
                              Love the harryhausen look of the white walkers,so much better\atmosphericthan a CGI look

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                Ashamed to admit im the worlds worst at spotting wigs. After passing DDP outside an offie in Phibsboro i was nudged and told hope the wind doesnt blow his wig off, i never knew it was a wig!. Couldnt believe it!.
                                Not to one up you Roundog but I would give you a run for your money on the awfulness of your wig spotting.

My grandfather was bald as a coot from the age of 20. Literally not a hair on his head but all through my childhood he wore a toupe. I NEVER noticed. There was a story about me pulling it off him as a baby causing hearty laughs from my extended family but again, I was never told about it.

Honestly until I was about 17 I was unaware. Oblivious even.

Everyone else knew, and apparently it was pretty obvious...

In his later years he ditched it and looked all the better for it. My Da still gives me grief over that one. "You'll never be a detective Steve" etc etc.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'll never forgive the stupid shite who ruined got for me. Today.
                                  Just a 3 word post on fb.
                                  And doesn't understand How's it's a problem.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    SPOILER
                                    'Hold the door'? Same for me. Feck ye Ole

Comment

First world problems eh DP & Las
                                      SPOILER

The episode leaked early. The missus was downstairs, I texted her (she had it fired up immediately) texted 6 other people and they also fired it up very lively. I waited a few hours as I had stuff to do. My phone then went on charge. I fired up the episode and enjoyed it with a tear in my eye for our beloved fat boy. When I got my phone recharged, 3 of the folk I texted had typed the 3 words DP read on FB. I instantly thought,, thank feck my phone battery was dead. It's probably best to unplug social media every Monday or live with the consequences.

Comment

There is a gazillion worse spoilers than the thing about being a gentlemen around an entrance.

Comment

Talk that Ibrahimovic has agreed to come to United. With Mourinho arriving, an FA Cup win, and LVG leaving this is a hell of a week for United. Really hope it's true as it would be amazing to see Ibra in action in the EPL...he could be the next Ashley Young up front!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Talk that Ibrahimovic has agreed to come to United. With Mourinho arriving, an FA Cup win, and LVG leaving this is a hell of a week for United. Really hope it's true as it would be amazing to see Ibra in action in the EPL...he could be the next Ashley Young up front!
                                            As much as I was bored to tears by LVGs process , his disregard of the British media was enjoyable. Sky taking the piss out of him too which is a bit rich from the boys who bring you transfer deadline day .

Zlatan ? Bring it.
                                            ---- DISCLAIMER! ---- Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comm...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              Why would you be browsing FB knowing there is literally a 100% chance that there would be GOT spoilers on there? Can't expect the whole world to shut down just incase someone hasn't seen it yet! It's such a rookie error to be checking online before you watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                GOTten like Love Hate with all the spoilers, too many normies watching.

SPOILER
                                                Surprised at you though Ole, genuinely spoilt that for me. Use spoilers lads, ffs.
                                                Really ? My apologies. In my defence i was drunk. I didn't think there was anything obvious in what i had written, didn't even mention a show ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Trying to convince myself that buying 4.5kg of chocolate is a bad life choice, not working. These things are like nutella in bar form, only better.

Comment

I'll have to try forget these spoilers by the time I catch up

Comment

Ibrahimovic is not a top signing. He might have moments here and there but will also cost his own team. He's a better version of Berbatov and at 34 that's not a top signing for a team that wants to be great again.

It worked with Chelsea bringing back Drogba but that is different. Larsson wasn't bad at United but was a loan. Can't even think of anymore similar examples. He knows Mourinho and will be an influence in the dressing room but imo Mourinhos style and system isn't going to work as it used to, if he doesn't adapt he will fall off into international management.

We now have Wenger v Ranieri v Poch v Mourinho v Conte v Klopp v Pep in the Premier League with good squads but mostly lacking class, a better year of scouting behind them all and big budgets. Those bigger PL budgets will provide another decent side or two out of nowhere along with clubs like West Ham, Southampton, Everton and Stoke.

Really looking forward to next season and a change in the mentality of PL teams.

Comment

Just watched the first two seasons of Peaky Blinders back to back

Grand way to waste a day

Comment

SPOILER
                                                          'Hold the door'? Same for me. Feck ye Ole
                                                          even worse
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          *sobs uncontrollably* ‪#‎Hodor

justification
                                                          SPOILER

I seen loads of spoilers today as well peeps, knew what was coming and didnt complain.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-05-16, 07:20.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Trump has taken a poll lead over Clinton.

Let the goo-feasting commence.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

choo choo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                Still trying to offload those springsteen tickets.

€100 each to get them off my hands.
                                                                bump.. any offers?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Really ? My apologies. In my defence i was drunk. I didn't think there was anything obvious in what i had written, didn't even mention a show ?
                                                                  I didn't know what you were talking about until MrsF replied to you. Copped then it was GOT, then spent the last few mins of the show expecting it, wondering who it was referring to then copping what it meant before I would have.

No biggie bro

Comment

Comment

I didn't know what you were talking about until MrsF replied to you. Copped then it was GOT, then spent the last few mins of the show expecting it, wondering who it was referring to then copping what it meant before I would have.

No biggie bro
                                                                      So you are saying it is my fault then

Comment

Yeah people who post spoilers are dicks but it is ridiculously easy to just avoid social media until yove seen the episode. Twitter,FB,certain news sites and forums in general (aside from here) should be no go areas until you get a chance to watch the episode,thats just the way it is with mega shows like this. Don't think someone posting
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        hold the door
                                                                        by itself is a spoiler

Comment

I stopped watching after s3 and then tried a few episodes of s4, maybe I have given up because of the tedium of the clunky mechanistic script, the dire acting and pisspoor green screening forcing the suspension of my suspension of disbelief.
                                                                          Maybe I'll come back to it later but one way or another that spoiler really doesn't mean anything to me... I mean the word is vaguely familiar but I thought that was from LOTR
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            I stopped watching after s3 and then tried a few episodes of s4, maybe I have given up because of the tedium of the clunky mechanistic script, the dire acting and pisspoor green screening forcing the suspension of my suspension of disbelief.
                                                                            Maybe I'll come back to it later but one way or another that spoiler really doesn't mean anything to me... I mean the word is vaguely familiar but I thought that was from LOTR
                                                                            Just read the books m8
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                              bump.. any offers?
                                                                              Are they seated or standing? A mate is looking for 2 tickets.

Comment

Hutch/Kinahan feud claims another victim. http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0524/790...blin-firearms/

Damn good timing for Min of Justice/Garda Comm - easier to explain failure to get gangland under control than to justify attacking whistleblowers character with false evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Trump has taken a poll lead over Clinton.

Let the goo-feasting commence.
                                                                                  It'll help in getting the non-hillary democrat types off the fence.

But also make for an interesting summer.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                    Ibrahimovic is not a top signing. He might have moments here and there but will also cost his own team. He's a better version of Berbatov and at 34 that's not a top signing for a team that wants to be great again.

It worked with Chelsea bringing back Drogba but that is different. Larsson wasn't bad at United but was a loan. Can't even think of anymore similar examples. He knows Mourinho and will be an influence in the dressing room but imo Mourinhos style and system isn't going to work as it used to, if he doesn't adapt he will fall off into international management.

We now have Wenger v Ranieri v Poch v Mourinho v Conte v Klopp v Pep in the Premier League with good squads but mostly lacking class, a better year of scouting behind them all and big budgets. Those bigger PL budgets will provide another decent side or two out of nowhere along with clubs like West Ham, Southampton, Everton and Stoke.

Really looking forward to next season and a change in the mentality of PL teams.
                                                                                    United bringing in Sherringham would be close I would say which worked pretty well for all concerned.

Will be fun to see Ibra and Muriniho go mental in the united dressing room. I would say wayne wont be best pleased with the potential fallout for him.

Comment

...

Comment

I see some Irish player is back tonight on SCOOP 54M $1k FT with $750k up top.

Ryokan. Have a feeling that's Mr Black?

Comment

...

Comment

Back in 2013 I went to the game vrs Sweden and spent about 80% of the game watching ibra, I got to say it was the most I enjoyed a game under trap, his touches and link up play were outstanding. I was pleasantly surprised by his work rate off the ball, not a huge amount of backtracking but loads of movement. Anytime the ball was played to him you knew he was going to win it and use it well.
                                                                                            He might be past his best but he will still make his mark in the PL. It will be a fun ride watching the zlatan show.
                                                                                            48

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              The hutch lads are being decimated. What were they thinking participating in a gang war with a clearly superior gang?
                                                                                              Would probably have played out a lot different if they'd got Daniel Kinahan in the Regency shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                It'll help in getting the non-hillary democrat types off the fence.

But also make for an interesting summer.
                                                                                                I dunno, if she doesn't adjust her strategy it'll be over long before then. Seems every time I look at Trump on BF he's shortened, Just under 4 the other day, 3.6 yesterday, 3,4 this morning, 3.2 now.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                  Are they seated or standing? A mate is looking for 2 tickets.
                                                                                                  Seated Hogan stand upper

Comment

Have a task today that involves opening 1,500 windows with test results, selecting all content, and pasting into Excel. Needs to be done in a particular order too. How this software didn't think that people would like to bulk export test results is beyond me, and after a bit of searching is the subject of much similar bewilderment on the wider internet. Kinda feel a bit of sympathy for the monotonous lives of sweat shop kids after the first two hours of doing the task.
                                                                                                    there is literally no way that this can't be scripted.

What is the filetype?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Would probably have played out a lot different if they'd got Daniel Kinahan in the Regency shooting.
                                                                                                      Its like the dubs in the football,kinihans just have too much money/resources. No room for the little guy anymore

Comment

The hutch lads are being decimated. What were they thinking participating in a gang war with a clearly superior gang?
                                                                                                        Very one-sided right enough - if it were GoT it would never get commissioned for a second series.

Comment

At the risk of aggrandising these little scumbags

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            I dunno, if she doesn't adjust her strategy it'll be over long before then. Seems every time I look at Trump on BF he's shortened, Just under 4 the other day, 3.6 yesterday, 3,4 this morning, 3.2 now.
                                                                                                            Think no matter what she does, the things that really hurt her (the private emails, the husband, the being purchased by wall street etc) she can't really get rid of.

Curious election, from this side of Atlantic seems to be shaping of as a 'who are you voting against' contest rather who are you for.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                              Back in 2013 I went to the game vrs Sweden and spent about 80% of the game watching ibra, I got to say it was the most I enjoyed a game under trap, his touches and link up play were outstanding. I was pleasantly surprised by his work rate off the ball, not a huge amount of backtracking but loads of movement. Anytime the ball was played to him you knew he was going to win it and use it well.
                                                                                                              He might be past his best but he will still make his mark in the PL. It will be a fun ride watching the zlatan show.
                                                                                                              I don't think that he is past his best at all. He has been (over a long period) one of the more consistent strikers in the world. This season alone was probably his best for goals anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Its Bernies strategy that is driving the game now.
                                                                                                                Until he pulls out and backs her she can't even begin to engage with Trump properly.
                                                                                                                Its all too silly now gone beyond surreal, I know you are highly amused by it but this is real and will end in disaster if Trump gets real power.
                                                                                                                Adam Gopnik's piece in the new yorker captures it well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                  I don't think that he is past his best at all. He has been (over a long period) one of the more consistent strikers in the world. This season alone was probably his best for goals anyway.
                                                                                                                  Ligue 1 is complete shite tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                    You could be right but playing in the French league with the dominant team is not a good bar to judge if he is past his best. It will be a hell of a lot tougher for him having to play against better defences every week. Don't get me wrong he is well able for it but not as much as like 3 or 4 years ago.
                                                                                                                    48

Comment

Yeh I suppose it is useless but sure he has Sweden's worst team in years around him and he is still banging in goals for fun for them.

Comment

WTF

Two Dublin drivers clamped 54 times each over four years

How is that even possible Wouldn't the hassle waiting around for them to unlock you make it something you wouldn't want to put up with a second or third time

Comment

Andy Murray and 37 y/o Stepanek down to the wire in the 5th set.

Last time Murray was knocked out in the first round of a Grand Slam was in 2008, so logic says he will win this eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X