This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
    What dumb play did he have bar the one offload that went arseways?!

You really are the worst when it comes to sport.

I'm happy for Earls to be in there, obviously I would rather Payne but Earls has been our best back of the tournament so far and is playing with confidence.
    Its not just about the offloads, its about being in the right place and knowing where the other players are.
    I have very little confidence in his ability to play centre against a good team and especially against a big strong team.
    But as you point out I know fuck all and Schmidt is the messiah. Hopefully I'm way wrong about this as well.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Pints, Kebab, Can o Coke

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Yeah I'll be leaving early in the morning so probably going to have a few glasses of red rather than the heap of pints.

I do love pizza however.

Keep the suggestions coming lads.
        Bangers mash peas and onion gravy
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
          I'm obviously a luddite when it comes to phones, but all this talk of one plus two, moto x and the likes does my head in. Like when will we eventually say ok that phone is perfect, it doesn't need anything else. Why don't we just get huge arse pockets and stick a laptop in there.

Mine can phone people (horray), text people, email, get the racing results and I can take pictures/videos of drunk lads in BK. What the fuck else do you need?????
          I just want a decent battery!

Is there much involved in being a godfather these days? (the christan one not the mafioso)

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            Pints, Kebab, Can o Coke
            Am actually tempted to do some homemade kebabs to a RasTa recipe I found in the cooking thread.

No time for marinading but it would probably be ok....

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
              I'm obviously a luddite when it comes to phones, but all this talk of one plus two, moto x and the likes does my head in. Like when will we eventually say ok that phone is perfect, it doesn't need anything else. Why don't we just get huge arse pockets and stick a laptop in there.

Mine can phone people (horray), text people, email, get the racing results and I can take pictures/videos of drunk lads in BK. What the fuck else do you need?????
              I dunno , I didnt go into Burger King

Comment

What a fucking Sunday we have coming up. I think we will steamroll France I really really do and the soccer is a massive freeroll. Its not often I wish away my Saturdays.

Comment

Am actually tempted to do some homemade kebabs to a RasTa recipe I found in the cooking thread.

No time for marinading but it would probably be ok....
                  liquidise or blitz with a hand blitzer an onion some garlic and ginger and a chili
                  mix into some minced lamb along with some good curry powder / garam masala soy sauce salt and pepper
                  roll ont into cigar shaped pieces and bake in the oven serve with a bit of cucumber and yoghurt
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                    Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure your English isn't that bad m8.
                    m8, it's terrible sure I'm a retard.

Comment

What should I have for dinner?
                      Munchy box

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Its not just about the offloads, its about being in the right place and knowing where the other players are.
                        I have very little confidence in his ability to play centre against a good team and especially against a big strong team.
                        But as you point out I know fuck all and Schmidt is the messiah. Hopefully I'm way wrong about this as well.
                        Agreeing with the auld fella.

Earls isn't good enough in the centre for Munster, let alone Ireland. Hopefully he makes me eat these words.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Is there much involved in being a godfather these days? (the christan one not the mafioso)
                          Turn up, say the words, smile for the photos.

Long-term if you remember one of birthday\Xmas p.a., I'd say you're ahead of the game.

Comment

Think I'm just being lined up for babysitting duties. Was wondering could I abstain on religious grounds

Comment

hire an attractive babysitter to do it but hang out with her anyhow
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Blatter appealing his 90 day ban . Gonna have to shoot the ol buzzard

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                  Blatter appealing his 90 day ban . Gonna have to shoot the ol buzzard
                                  Some cahones on him
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Too much to mention. The No.1 is get the candle organised yourself and hold onto it throughout. The godparents need to go up to light a candle. Dont be handed a candle by a mudder or someone and expect to take it out of the box like it will be ready to go. Make sure the candle is unwrapped so your not peeling furiously at it when your up.
                                    No.2 Dont let the godmother anywhere near the candle because if shes carrying it shes lighting it(not traditional). The godmother will be sitting beside you throughout and in the hush of the church its not easy to do the necessary verbals to extract it from her so be sure not to let her have it in the first place. Because if shes lighting it it emasculates you.

Sit in a position on the isle so when it comes your turn to approach the alter to do the duty you are not walking out from the middle of the pew past people trying not to trip and putting them out to sway away to let you out cinema style. If this happens you will feel several mudder eyes burning into your soul(if you were baptised) lamenting your newbieness.

If there are alter boys/girls its the godfathers job to approach them afterwards and give them some money for their duty. Used be a grushie in the old days but a bit more dignified for the later boys(if any)now it seems.

Several more etiquettes but that takes away the mystery for you.
                                    By the way baptisms these days arent always done by priests. They now have baptism ministers which are lay people that work jobs but do baptisms as a calling after falling of making priest. These are often more hip but if its a baptism minister they will state it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Agreeing with the auld fella.

Earls isn't good enough in the centre for Munster, let alone Ireland. Hopefully he makes me eat these words.
                                      it's cooooming. same for earls obviously

Ireland's Jonathan Sexton takes a hit to the head in tackling Mathieu Bastareaud in the France v Ireland rugby match in Round 5 of the RBS 6 Nations at Stade...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          The Moto X is apparently 2-days guaranteed. Can't vouch for that factoid, but think it's true.
                                          2 days under what sort of use? It means nothing really.. My sony will last 2 days if i dont use it much or at all.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

imagine if we won it
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              What's the story with bus passes in Dublin?

Similar to oyster?

What are the best deals (AJ, looking at you)

Ta
                                              Probably too late now but the tourist pass (€30 for 72 hours unlimited including airlink, hop on/hop off tour) is the best deal if you're here for the weekend. It used to be only sold at the airport but I think you can buy it online now too.

Comment

Could anyone get me an acestream or sopcast link for ESPN UK that works? Stream I'm watching is about 120p.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  it's cooooming. same for earls obviously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJViqgsvXS4
                                                  I wonder, just looking at that in the light of the reffing\video reffing this WC, would that be a yellow card on Sunday?

See the way he follows through with the arm.

Comment

I wonder, just looking at that in the light of the reffing\video reffing this WC, would that be a yellow card on Sunday?

See the way he follows through with the arm.
                                                    lol, was wondering the same thing. not sure tbh. he doesn't lead with it, which is what they are targeting mainly, but it does come up after impact.

looking at it again, Sexton has his head pretty low and goes into contact with the lowered forearm, it only comes up after, so i don't think it would be cited

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      Could anyone get me an acestream or sopcast link for ESPN UK that works? Stream I'm watching is about 120p.
                                                      what are you trying to watch?
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Blue Jays baseball

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                          Was accepted for Alpha this year so I'll let you know.
                                                          It's a complete fucking scam. I 'won' about a meter and a half of exhibition space with 4 x entry tickets (Exhibition hall only). All I have to do is pay the motherfucking €2K processing fee and I'm good to go. Just read the smallprint..Can only exhibit for one of the 3 days. There may be an incident...

Comment

lol, was wondering the same thing. not sure tbh. he doesn't lead with it, which is what they are targeting mainly, but it does come up after impact.

looking at it again, Sexton has his head pretty low and goes into contact with the lowered forearm, it only comes up after, so i don't think it would be cited
                                                            Sure he won't be getting the ball anyway so Earls will be grand.

Scott Spedding. I remember when France had proper rugby players.

Comment

Blue Jays baseball
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Hero. Thanks.

Comment

Blue Jays baseball

Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
                                                                  Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
                                                                  Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.

Comment

Sure he won't be getting the ball anyway so Earls will be grand.

Scott Spedding. I remember when France had proper rugby players.
                                                                    And not so long ago you had proper centres.

Spedding fits the PSA mould, but dulin is a great runner from deep, and i'd say that's where he ll be running from... A lot

Comment

Just rewatching a bit of that France game in 2014. How did Cian Healy get away with, essentially, a flying headbutt on Picamoles!?

Cian Healy si lancia in ruck di testa su Luis Picamoles.Francia-Irlanda6 Nazioni 2014, 5°giornataStade de Francerisultato: Francia 20-22 Irlandawww.rugbymeet...

Comment

I just want a decent battery!

The zuk z1 by Lenovo is supposed to have a great battery and a decent camera.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                          It's a complete fucking scam. I 'won' about a meter and a half of exhibition space with 4 x entry tickets (Exhibition hall only). All I have to do is pay the motherfucking €2K processing fee and I'm good to go. Just read the smallprint..Can only exhibit for one of the 3 days. There may be an incident...
                                                                          meter and a half...
                                                                          how high can we go

Comment

And not so long ago you had proper centres.
                                                                            Henshaw is decent tbf

Fofana would get a game for us.

Bastareaud would be a handy option for us off the bench. At loose head.

Comment

...

Comment

Hitch, I assume you are swanking about in full Irish regalia all weekend?

Comment

You should absolutely approach Enterprise Ireland first. They have oodles of easily obtained cash.
                                                                                  Hope this is true. Holding out for 230k Commercialisation Fund to keep myself employed! Outcome due in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

...

Comment

Never miss the opportunity to meet someone from Sligo.
                                                                                      There are no Sligo strangers, just Sligo friends you haven't yet met.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                        Never miss the opportunity to meet someone from Sligo.
                                                                                        There are no Sligo strangers, just Sligo friends you haven't yet met.
                                                                                        Honda finally showed up at the airport?

Comment

The airport is his cryptonite

Comment

Jesus, just realized if we beat france, the Irish QF is on at 5am my time, whereas if we lose, the Irish QF will be on at 12pm...

Conflicting emotions now . Really not sure if I want us to win or not from purely a selfish pov.
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Another deeply unimpressive AB show so far tonight.

They look there for the taking in the quarters imo

Comment

...

Comment

Can't work out how I used to literally sit on a couch for a few hours watching whatever was on telly, and then do the same the next day, and the next. What a bizarre activity.

Seemingly Americans still do this in great numbers and for great amounts of their free time.
                                                                                                  There's something cool about it at the same time. Love/Hate was a real event every Sunday night. Plus channel hopping always affords you the chance to see something that isn't something you'd necessarily actively go looking for, but might enjoy anyway.

Comment

...

Comment

Another deeply unimpressive AB show so far tonight.

They look there for the taking in the quarters imo
                                                                                                      They're such a different team without McCaw. Underwhelming showing so far in the tournament though, even when he played.

Comment

After the initial euphoria, Germany now faces daily clashes in refugee centres, a rising far-right, a backlog of registrations, and dissent among the ranks of Angela Merkel’s government

“The welcome parties in Munich, Berlin and elsewhere were great,” said the Munich-based Süddeutsche Zeitung in a recent editorial... "but now we’re in the stark light of day which consists of overcrowded refugee centres and local authorities and police stretched to their limits.” Arson attacks on refugee shelters continue on an almost daily basis. Reports of refugees being greeted at the doors of their new homes by neo-Nazis humming Third Reich songs or being pelted with banana skins are not uncommon. There are mounting concerns that elements of the far-right have found new oxygen in the crisis by tapping into ordinary people’s fears that Europe’s largest economy may be unable to cope with the decision to allow so many to take refuge within its borders.

Comment

are refs scared to give penalty trys?

yellow card, 4 scrum penalties, at what stage does he give one

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                            They're such a different team without McCaw. Underwhelming showing so far in the tournament though, even when he played.
                                                                                                            Aus by far the best team I've seen.

Comment

SA nicely under radar as well imo.

Comment

Clodagh sent this , this morning on Viber and I more or less pissed myself laughing

White Knight fell asleep watching The Walking dead last night so cloadgh being the bitch she is decided to do this. his face is fucking priceless
                                                                                                                sorry Marc but gotta be shown lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pOG0-9xN6g

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 09-10-15, 19:57.
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Feeling intense impatience at the minutes its taking the computer to copy the last two seasons of Veep onto a USB. Imagine what it was like when you had to walk to the video store for a video, or wait patiently for the timeslot of your favoured TV show. We must have had the patience of saints back then.

Can't work out how I used to literally sit on a couch for a few hours watching whatever was on telly, and then do the same the next day, and the next. What a bizarre activity.

Seemingly Americans still do this in great numbers and for great amounts of their free time.
                                                                                                                  If it's taking minutes, you probably should invest in a newer/faster USB

Edit: I was thinking episodes, not seasons.

Plus channel hopping always affords you the chance to see something that isn't something you'd necessarily actively go looking for, but might enjoy anyway.
                                                                                                                  That still kinda happens though, just in a different way. Watched the first episode of 'Dr. Ken' last week just because it was there. It's pure muck btw

Doctor turned actor/comedian Ken Jeong plays Dr. Ken, a brilliant physician with no bedside manner. He is always trying to be a good doctor, as well as a goo...
                                                                                                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 09-10-15, 20:09.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Have a vague memory of whatever channel Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars is on being consistently surprising. (think they're both the same channel anyway)
                                                                                                                    Discovery I think. BBC4 is class. Hard to find a bad show on it.

Comment

Feeling intense impatience at the minutes its taking the computer to copy the last two seasons of Veep onto a USB. Imagine what it was like when you had to walk to the video store for a video, or wait patiently for the timeslot of your favoured TV show. We must have had the patience of saints back then.

Now we just waste even more hours on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Didn't he have 2 offloads didn't go to hand? (and I only saw highlights!)

Earls is the only man for the job given that Payne's out, bit of a disaster really.

I much prefer seeing Keith on the wing, playing on the wing, in form on the wing, being confident on the wing.

He's not quite got the right mindset for centre, though is a brilliantly natural winger.

Hoping he has a good game though!
                                                                                                                        Apart from the lineout why do you think Toner is in ahead of Henderson. ?

Also does anyone have a link to a docu on Willie John Mcbrde (Willie John) that aired last Feb /march . Interesting time to play for the Ireland/the Lions with the troubles etc. The ol Uncle was talking about him as though he'd walk into ANY team. A bit before my time but would love to see the doc.

Comment

Agreed, they're fantastic imo. And they've a lot of depth in the back row which they build their game around. Hooper out would be a huge loss to most other teams but shouldn't affect them too much tomorrow with McMahon slotting straight in. We had a chunk on them +2 last weekend.

Have a sizeable e/w bet on Argentina for the whole thing at 66/1 with PP and Ladbrokes (1/3 odds for the final) which I'm pretty happy with it at the moment. Would rather them play France next weekend I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X