• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big gay subculture in Maynooth.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I wouldn't consider that commute, ever. The Maynooth DARTs look like sardine cans and the drive would kill ya.

Sure you could buy on Shelbourne Road for cash.
      Yeah we were really focussed on no commute and all the houses we looked at in South Dublin were very decent. Max 30 minute cycle for the Missus and myself and I drive to work some days as appropriate. Good schools, no northsiders all good.

And yet we only know people in that area on a shallow enough level and as time goes by all of MrsV's family have settled in and around Maynooth and we have a number of very close friends living there. So what's the point of fuck all commute if you're a billy no mates on the southside? Who's my kid playing with?? Who is my wife calling in to see and giving me a break??

I've done the Maynooth train and I know the drive. I'd be happy to go early and hit the gym in town or just come it to work late. It's a non issue mostly for me...

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
      Mate of mine moved to Maynooth and I was out visiting recently. He is happy out and I was impressed with the place. He posts here.... Barry what you think?

If you could wrangle a working from home day once a week I would seriously consider it. Mental prices around here.
      My work is quite flexible and whilst I have to be physically in the office ~4 days a week my start and finish time is also flexible. It does make a big difference to the decision. My Mrs can also likely swing a day or two a week of working from home - if she wants to work or she can combine it part-time as she is at the minute. We actually have it very good at the minute and that is likely to continue for the foreseeable. So it feels like we could take advantage...

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      I'm looking at the moment myself - can buy beautiful houses down the M7 with up to 40 acres and a few stables but whilst that would make me happy I think I would go around the bend sitting in traffic. AM traffic doesn't bother me because id be up and gone but evening time might end me. Flip that to an old style 3 or 4 bed mid terrace in D6 and it's quite the trade off.

Also, WTF, 450k in Maynooth - will you man the fck up and do it right and switch the search criteria a little. Lord of the Manor and all that. Your membership of the Horsehead Elite will come under review at the next meeting now that we have this information to hand.
      lol! This house for 450k is unreal and very close to MrsV's close friend hence that figure. 600k absolutely gives you a mansion but I'm fucked if I'm going to spend my time gardening or looking after a mansion. I just don't need or want it.

I'd happily spend 600k in Dublin as I want a certain minimum size but I just don't feel the need to spend that outside of Dublin on something that would just cause me stress. I have a mate looking for a €1m gaff around the Maynooth environs and it's very interesting to see the challenges he has in finding the right place but I'd have no interest in that myself. Owning stables or having acreage would be my idea of hell.

The other added benefit is the less I spend the earlier I can ease back and the Mrs can chose not to work for a period if that makes sense for us. No pressure on her and on our family as a result. That's a genuine rich life in my view. It isn't all about the flash as you well know.

The other thing is I expect to invest the next ~500k of my future bonuses in this business as the ROI will be incredibly attractive but that does mean I probably won't be overpaying my mortgage for the next few years and therefore having a very manageable mortgage will be one less thing to concern myself with.

As I said a lot to ponder...I've done myself up a sexy Voyant cashflow forecast, I've tried out various commutes and thought about various lifestyle options and yet at some stage you have to admit you don't have a clue until you pull the fucking trigger. For someone like me who likes to do extensive homework on these things it's a nightmare!!
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Big gay subculture in Maynooth.
        Great article in the IT about it the other day. Like heading off to Rome is going to keep the seminarian bums safe!
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Stick to towels imo.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Stick to towels imo.
            Yeah it was definitely easier...

Comment

Note: You'll probably spend 100k minimum to bring most secondhand houses up to the exacting standards of a man such as yourself.

Big consideration in the decision imo. Not just the €€€€ either but also the time cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                glad I am not the only one thinking like this.
                Well it's got to be even harder for you. A different filly every year until eventually you snare the right one and then an Offaly half-forward line to rear. Game changing shit right there.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  Yeah it was definitely easier...
                  Need a new umbrella myself as two Irish winters seem to be the limit for my super-duper one.

Will report back in a few months.

Comment

Need a new umbrella myself as two Irish winters seem to be the limit for my super-duper one.

Will report back in a few months.
                    Thats a serious amount of time to be leaving the suspense build

Comment

Just for info.

All the partners in our business here live in Greystones or North Co. Dublin and drive to work either very early or late in the morning to avoid traffic. The top earner is based in Ennis and only comes in to the office once a fortnight or so... I don't know how big his mansion is but it's a sweet life setup (provided you like Ennis that is).

Comment

Note: You'll probably spend 100k minimum to bring most secondhand houses up to the exacting standards of a man such as yourself.

Big consideration in the decision imo. Not just the €€€€ either but also the time cost.
                        A new build would be worse. I'd be like Steve Jobs living on the floor for months before I pull the trigger on buying the most basic of stuff...

The Mrs was trying to get me to engage on the purchase of a child's bed for little Miss V and I was avoiding getting sucked in. I just don't have the bandwidth for all these domestic decisions these days....
                        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 04-08-16, 14:38.

Comment

A new build would be worse. I'd be like Steve Jobs living on the floor for months before I pull the trigger on buying the most basic of stuff...

The Mrs was trying to get me to engage on the purchase of a child's bed for little Miss V and I was avoiding getting sucked in. I just don't have the bandwidth for all these domestic decisions these days....
                          Do you have a cotbed at present or is the little one in a standard cot?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            Do you have a cotbed at present or is the little one in a standard cot?
                            Don't suck me in Gill!! We have a cot and we're thinking of some sort of kiddie bed with rails. I'm staying out of it from here. She likes sleeping on a cushion anywhere like her old man from what I can see...

Comment

For all my protestations about never leaving Dublin or buying, I'm giving serious consideration to a place outside Dublin beside one of my friends in a very idyllic location. It's reasonable enough, and once Trump scoops I'd be practically mortgage free and probably retired by 35. Different life choice (assuming I avoid any extra burdens along the way!).

Comment

Comment

Any word who the Irish boxer who failed the drugs test is?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Katie Taylor. huge levels of G.o.D in her

Comment

Don't suck me in Gill!! We have a cot and we're thinking of some sort of kiddie bed with rails. I'm staying out of it from here. She likes sleeping on a cushion anywhere like her old man from what I can see...
                                      Ha ha I wasn't! I was going to say if it was a standard cot get the toddler bed for sure, especially if little miss V will have a sibling If it was a cotbed and no plans to add then convert the cot! we had a 3 in 1 which became a lovely couch for her room once she was out of it. Was well worth the money, but we knew she was the last so it was an easy decision.

How old is Little Miss V?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                        Sadly not. Male boxer.

Comment

How the hell would he know? Stop getting him involved!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            I LOL'd

Comment

In Laws are headed to Rio tomorrow. So much talk of getting a ticket for a Katie Taylor fight for a long time. That bye means they won't be around for the quarter (in Llha Grande) and won't be back for Semi.
                                              No doubt the final will be absolute extortion.

Comment

Still getting great use out of that towel, it's been round the world with me at this point lol
                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  For all my protestations about never leaving Dublin or buying, I'm giving serious consideration to a place outside Dublin beside one of my friends in a very idyllic location. It's reasonable enough, and once Trump scoops I'd be practically mortgage free and probably retired by 35. Different life choice (assuming I avoid any extra burdens along the way!).
                                                  Might not want to count the Trump cash quite yet - If he continues to alienate the armed forces votes - big republicans and high turnout blocks then he is sunk.

He was doing well with them I imagine when he was talking about invading everywhere and standing a US flag in every corner of the middle east but I am pretty sure that this will have changed massively now.

Comment

micheal o reilly

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      Thats a serious amount of time to be leaving the suspense build
                                                      Need a few months research this time.

Although just got soaked despite presence of said umbrella. Next model must meet criteria of 'cover from sideways rain'.

Comment

Ha ha I wasn't! I was going to say if it was a standard cot get the toddler bed for sure, especially if little miss V will have a sibling If it was a cotbed and no plans to add then convert the cot! we had a 3 in 1 which became a lovely couch for her room once she was out of it. Was well worth the money, but we knew she was the last so it was an easy decision.

She's coming up on 11 months. I'm ignoring the rest of your kind advice as I'm staying out of it - just like I tried to on the car seat discussion, the recent baby clothes discussion and a myriad of other stuff...too much choice...

Let me just stick to pensions, investments and buying a low maintenance house that is near good schools, has parks and friends nearby will work from a lifestyle perspective and I won't lose my shirt on...

Comment

Might not want to count the Trump cash quite yet - If he continues to alienate the armed forces votes - big republicans and high turnout blocks then he is sunk.

He was doing well with them I imagine when he was talking about invading everywhere and standing a US flag in every corner of the middle east but I am pretty sure that this will have changed massively now.
                                                          When are the debates? Will be well worth staying up for, mainly for entertainment value.

Comment

When are the debates? Will be well worth staying up for, mainly for entertainment value.
                                                            Not sure when they will kick off but hopefully will be serious entertainment. Still not convinced Trump will attend.

He is presumably smart enough to know he will be called on his bullshit this time round and it is tough to hide in a one on one debate.

His main advantage is that he is not part of the political machine so he can turn up at an abandoned steel works on debate night and say "those Washington fat cats wanted to have a night talking about what we could or might do but I wanted to come show you guys how I will make America great again, I alone know what needs to be fixed and how to do it, wasting time discussing the problems that politicians like Hilary created I want to talk about the future and how I will make America great again.

It will get repeat play on all the news networks and stop him getting roasted. We will see and Obv I hope he goes to the debates

Comment

Dundalks next CL game will be at the Aviva. Nice to see the FAI raping their slice of the pie

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Dundalks next CL game will be at the Aviva. Nice to see the FAI raping their slice of the pie
                                                                Dundalk will make more too.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                  Dundalk will make more too.
                                                                  Yeah I know but not much more compared to what they will get from UEFA. Just think it should have been kept in Tallaght. Smaller stadium, better atmosphere and a sell out. Aviva won't sell out

Comment

Yeah I know but not much more compared to what they will get from UEFA. Just think it should have been kept in Tallaght. Smaller stadium, better atmosphere and a sell out. Aviva won't sell out
                                                                    Dundalk wanted it in the aviva
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

It will sell out against Celtic. They will sell more tickets against the other 4 playing out of Lansdowne than Tallaght. Can't remember if they are at home first but if they are away first and get a result they will come close to selling it out.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Dundalk wanted it in the aviva
                                                                        Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                        It will sell out against Celtic. They will sell more tickets against the other 4 playing out of Lansdowne than Tallaght. Can't remember if they are at home first but if they are away first and get a result they will come close to selling it out.
                                                                        Fair enough.

Can't remember who said it but it'll be like a home game for Celtic if that's the draw.

Comment

2am our time September 27.

Comment

Not sure when they will kick off but hopefully will be serious entertainment. Still not convinced Trump will attend.

He is presumably smart enough to know he will be called on his bullshit this time round and it is tough to hide in a one on one debate.

His main advantage is that he is not part of the political machine so he can turn up at an abandoned steel works on debate night and say "those Washington fat cats wanted to have a night talking about what we could or might do but I wanted to come show you guys how I will make America great again, I alone know what needs to be fixed and how to do it, wasting time discussing the problems that politicians like Hilary created I want to talk about the future and how I will make America great again.

It will get repeat play on all the news networks and stop him getting roasted. We will see and Obv I hope he goes to the debates
                                                                            He'll fillet her imo.

Comment

He'll fillet her imo.
                                                                              He needs to

Trump is down 11 points in Pennsylvania, nine points in Michigan and an astounding 15 points in New Hampshire, each a state his campaign has designated a must-win

Comment

Although just got soaked despite presence of said umbrella. Next model must meet criteria of 'cover from sideways rain'.
                                                                                Sorted!

Comment

Trump won't debate like a normal politician. He'll ignore questions, just bluster on about having great people , having done great things in life life, achieved great things, and that he'll make America great again without giving any specifics, same as he has in the past while using soundbites like crooked Hilary, and using the word great a lot, and most Republicans won't give a crap about anything he says or does. He could say that he wants to execute all gay people, imprison all Muslims, and ban anyone non-white from entering the country at all and he would still get 45% of the vote easily. Saying bad things about the military at all is his biggest mistake so far, but because it is about a Muslim it matters far less to people who were going to vote for him anyhow.

He doesn't give a crap about the rules, he won't adhere to anything like a normal politician will. His VP dude is the political one trying to say the right things after he says the wrong things, presumably being told to by the RNC. I still don't think he'll win, but I really would not be very sure of that.

Comment

Anyone know any bookie having a diving special:China to win every event?

Comment

Just copped RTE news now showing Olympics soccer

Comment

He'll fillet her imo.
                                                                                        Will depend on the moderators - he won't have as much freedom to babble as he did in the republican primary debates

Comment

Trump won't debate like a normal politician. He'll ignore questions, just bluster on about having great people , having done great things in life life, achieved great things, and that he'll make America great again without giving any specifics, same as he has in the past while using soundbites like crooked Hilary, and using the word great a lot, and most Republicans won't give a crap about anything he says or does. He could say that he wants to execute all gay people, imprison all Muslims, and ban anyone non-white from entering the country at all and he would still get 45% of the vote easily. Saying bad things about the military at all is his biggest mistake so far, but because it is about a Muslim it matters far less to people who were going to vote for him anyhow.

He doesn't give a crap about the rules, he won't adhere to anything like a normal politician will. His VP dude is the political one trying to say the right things after he says the wrong things, presumably being told to by the RNC. I still don't think he'll win, but I really would not be very sure of that.

At this stage Trump backers(me) won't even get a decent run for our money.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                            Doesn't really matter, if Trump wins money will be fuck all use to anyone... tinned food and guns will be the only currencyworth anything.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Doesn't really matter, if Trump wins money will be fuck all use to anyone... tinned food and guns will be the only currencyworth anything.
                                                                                              It's like you forget that he's a reality TV star.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                Looked like the race was over after the Republican convention; leading the polls, winning in Nate Silver's model, price tumbling on bf, also evidence of a shy tory/Bradley effect, so lead was likely bigger than it looked.

Obv a lot less bullish now, but it's not over.

Comment

Yanks are a really stupid race of humans. People forget this.

Comment

Looked like the race was over after the Republican convention; leading the polls, winning in Nate Silver's model, price tumbling on bf, also evidence of a shy tory/Bradley effect, so lead was likely bigger than it looked.

Obv a lot less bullish now, but it's not over.

At this rate I think he's more likely to drop out of the race than become President. Hopefully he'll get a bit of cop on from somewhere though.

Comment

Paul Manafort just needs to keep him in check for three months, you might be underestimating how disliked Hillary is.

Comment

No I definitely realise that part, but lately Trump is doing a great job at trumping(arf) her in those stakes. Frustrating because a slight bit of cop on from him and he'd have a great chance.

Comment

Cassidy in preacher is also Woody in This is England. How did I not notice that ?

Loved it by the way, very easy to just accept the scenario and roll with it.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Paul Manafort just needs to keep him in check for three months, you might be underestimating how disliked Hillary is.
                                                                                                            How much money do you have riding on Trump winning? It's baffling how pro Trump you've been the past several months. Hillary will be pretty terrible but Trump is a lunatic; an absolutely disgusting disgrace of a human, and it would be terrible if he managed to win. I don't think he has much hope though really now. Will be a great achievement if he keeps it close. He's more likely to drop out before the election than he is to win imo. I don't like Hillary at all but clearly the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                              How much money do you have riding on Trump winning?
                                                                                                              I'll collect over 100k on him winning.

It's baffling how pro Trump you've been the past several months.
                                                                                                              I'd endorse Johnson way ahead of Trump.
                                                                                                              Trump is a lunatic; an absolutely disgusting disgrace of a human, and it would be terrible if he managed to win
                                                                                                              Dispatching 16 experienced well-funded candidates despite the the best efforts of the party elite; running a close election versus such a well-established figure; with no money and no experience, raising an extremely likeable grounded family, running a successful business empire for years; it's impressive work for a lunatic imo.

He's pure genius. It's kinda disappointing more can't see it. He's a raving buffoon who had no chance of winning the nomination, and yet was leading the race last week.

Comment

Him calling for Russia to find Hillary's emails was great. Clearly a joke. And actually led to Hillary's campaign releasing a statement saying that Trump was looking for Russia to hack classified information. This is after Hillary had been saying that the 30k deleted emails were just personal email.

He's a genius. The only lunatics are the ones that believe he's a idiotic misogynistic racist planning on building an actual wall. It's the best reality show on TV.

Comment

I miss old BBV , I manged to drink a bottle and half of red tonight . No work till 11am. absolutely pissed, the one fucking night Mia had a right posh friend over and me half twisted

no news really , typing out of complete boredom , job is grand but newbie on board ( very competitive ) so three of us there now , my wages now kinda short ( hitman on route obv) im trying to think of something else to give out about , but hey im happy and have no complaints . just let me type and be happy , #lifeisgood

oh and was thinking about my buddy Hitch, hope u ok bud
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

The media have jumped the shark on this campaign.
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

For fans of Seinfeld, this is really something:

New York Magazine energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations on the news, politics, style, and culture that drive the world forward.

Comment

Heading to Galway for the weekend. ..... anything recommended that I should be going to. ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X