Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit, this is insane stuff, has there been media coverage of this that has slipped by me?

Rio is hiding poor people.See Part II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BRTlHFpBUSubscribe to our channel! http://goo.gl/0bsAjOThe 2016 Olympics are set to ...
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Holy shit, this is insane stuff, has there been media coverage of this that has slipped by me?
      No-one cares to be honest, and its not particularly unusual. CPO-ing the properties of the poor, moving them to the suburbs and upgrading the land to sell fancy apartments or build roads/rail whilst enriching a chosen few is one of the traditional aspects of the Games. It happened on a smaller scale in Stratford, and on a much grander scale in Beijing and probably at every other Olympics also.
      /cynical.

Comment

Brazil is a dodgy as fuck at all levels. Stuff like that will be low on the list of shit that happens during/due to the Olympics.
        Last edited by Mellor; 01-08-16, 06:04.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_zM7koJy8
          Didn't realise this sort of stuff is even news.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            Nice one Tipp

October 21st-26th - up to €160 per night excluding resort fee. So long weekend. Do all the resorts charge a 'resort fee' ?

I would like to stress that's it's not for me - I'd have no bother splashing the cash for me and the missus.

Edit 2:

just looked on trivago and there doesnt seem to be that much on the strip for that price. What's the mirage / treasure island like?
            Stayed at the Mirage in 2012 and enjoyed the stay there,the rooms were nice enough and liked the "Japonais" that was inside the downstairs. There was a little zoo out the back! odd lol. But would stay there again.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              what harm would that do him?? Things have gone too far when a lad can't go for a burger and chips. Players sacrifice enough as it is.
              Seriously
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                No-one cares to be honest, and its not particularly unusual. CPO-ing the properties of the poor, moving them to the suburbs and upgrading the land to sell fancy apartments or build roads/rail whilst enriching a chosen few is one of the traditional aspects of the Games. It happened on a smaller scale in Stratford, and on a much grander scale in Beijing and probably at every other Olympics also.
                /cynical.
                South Africa WC was also a prime example. Dread to think the shit the Russians are up to for their WC.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Seriously
                  Yes. Are you really complaining that a lad went for a fecking burger?? Sure there was a few Kerry players at a function for the local 7 a side competition on Friday night. A trophy presentation night and they were drinking a few bottles. Nothing wrong with it imo.

Comment

Hotwire could get a good deal in that price range in Vegas. Hardly gonna be badly let down by any of the hotels on strip in fairness, we got Cosmopolitan on hotwire a few years back for a few quid less than that
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Can't really get my head around Kodi, any pointers on what I should be doing?

Comment

Can't really get my head around Kodi, any pointers on what I should be doing?
                        Get Exodus for all your streaming needs, bit like Netflix but way more content.

Only got it last week myself, but a YouTube tutorial is all you need.

Comment

www.tvaddons.ag is a great starting place.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/ also

Comment

What's a Kodi?
                            ELI5, if needed

Comment

Some good reads here - https://electricliterature.com/donal...d7a#.hugsyr1b9

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

NJM soccer is the best I've come across for Sky Sports and BT, perfect quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                  Get Exodus for all your streaming needs, bit like Netflix but way more content.

Only got it last week myself, but a YouTube tutorial is all you need.
                                  Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Cheers lads, wasn't so difficult afterall. Holy jaysis though, I see now what you were all talking about. Mind blowing.

Comment

Cheers lads, wasn't so difficult afterall. Holy jaysis though, I see now what you were all talking about. Mind blowing.
                                    Can you sideload apps onto the TV ?

Stuff like showbox, mobdro, apps that are not in the playstore.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

mobdro is woeful on a big screen. not worth it if you already have kodi

Comment

Yes, afaik. Spotted a YouTube demo vid for it last night.

It's absolutely incredible. Would deffo recommend the investment. It cost €2250, not a whole lot when you think it will easily last a decade.

Actually, I'm gonna cut right back to the bare basic package on Sky, just for the bedroom, so will actually save about €5k over the lifetime of the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          mobdro is woeful on a big screen. not worth it if you already have kodi
                                          Yeah, I mirrored my phone to it last night for the golf and it wasn't great. Watchable though.

Comment

€2,250 is value?
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                €2,250 is value?
                                                Yep. For me anyway. Currently paying Sky €65 p/m, that will drop to €20 ish, and I have vastly more viewing options now. If the TV lasts me 10 years I'm roughly €2700 up. Value.

Comment

Yes. Are you really complaining that a lad went for a fecking burger?? Sure there was a few Kerry players at a function for the local 7 a side competition on Friday night. A trophy presentation night and they were drinking a few bottles. Nothing wrong with it imo.
                                                  Nothing wrong with drinking a few beers 2 nights before an ai quarter final???
                                                  I'd imagine Fitz would fuck them off the panel if he found out.
                                                  Were they first teamers or squad players? Surprised to be honest.

Comment

Thank fuck I'm not an adult.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah, I mirrored my phone to it last night for the golf and it wasn't great. Watchable though.
                                                      I picked up a few now tv boxes fully loaded for family and in laws. Pretty much anything and everything covered with a lifetime sub to aftermath plex server
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        I picked up a few now tv boxes fully loaded for family and in laws. Pretty much anything and everything covered with a lifetime sub to aftermath plex server
                                                        There's definitely cash money to be made sorting out all this stuff for people like me. Got my head around kodi today thanks to that link Emmet posted, the shit I was looking at last night on YouTube about setting it up had me bamboozled though. I'd happily pay someone €100 to come out to the house and sort everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                              Nothing wrong with drinking a few beers 2 nights before an ai quarter final???
                                                              I'd imagine Fitz would fuck them off the panel if he found out.
                                                              Were they first teamers or squad players? Surprised to be honest.
                                                              Lucky he wasn't there so. We're literally talking a couple of bottles. 3 max. They arrived after me and left before me and I was only there just over 2 hours cos I had work the next morning. It's not like they were on the lash on Saturday night. It's bad if fellas can't go to a local function with their mates for a couple of hours and a couple of bottles after everything they sacrifice for a bloody game.

One was James, other was Fionn. Fionn actually played a couple of games in the 7 a side comp. Oh the horror. James was "manager" of his team due to just coming back from injury obvs.

I don't see the problem with a bag of chips or a couple of bottles. These are young men sacrificing more than they should be.

Comment

Yes, afaik. Spotted a YouTube demo vid for it last night.

It's absolutely incredible. Would deffo recommend the investment. It cost €2250, not a whole lot when you think it will easily last a decade.

Actually, I'm gonna cut right back to the bare basic package on Sky, just for the bedroom, so will actually save about €5k over the lifetime of the TV.
                                                                I purchased a new BBQ the weekend that she knows nothing about yet, doubt id get away with a TV also.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Anybody here able to write scripts? I need a super basic one done and am clueless
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Teas?
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                      Anybody here able to write scripts? I need a super basic one done and am clueless
                                                                      Is it for a sit com, or a movie?

Watching the Dick Van Dyke Show for the first time ever. Really surprised at the quality https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dick_Van_Dyke_Show

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                        Teas?
                                                                        Chilli garlic chicken fried rice. Washed down with marks and Spencer's vino and cherryade also from marks. Thought it might be nice was rotten. Back to the cherry coke.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

car chase in LA has been going on for over 2 hours, dudes car is gona run of of juice pretty soon.

The California Highway patrol is chasing a suspect who refused to pull over when driving erratically. Scroll down for livestream. Facebook Comments
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Teas?
                                                                            Chicken Balls, chips, rice and curry sauce.

Wbu m8?

Comment

Teas?
                                                                              Snackbox, few beers, box of pringles. Have a big football match tomorrow and sacrifice enough.

Comment

Villa 3/1 to get.... promoted? Have they changed their entire squad?

car chase in LA has been going on for over 2 hours, dudes car is gona run of of juice pretty soon.

http://breaking911.com/watch-live-no...e-los-angeles/
                                                                                Lol 2nd one today, good banter in LA at the moment
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Teas?
                                                                                  Got through a 20 pack of easi-singles sprinkled with aromat (wife away so slim pickings).

By the time I realised i was hungry i couldn't wait the half hour for a take away delivery so had a few of them. 30 mins later i regretted not phoning but figured it was too late so had some more. 30 mins later i regretted it again. Never ending circle....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Got through a 20 pack of easi-singles sprinkled with aromat (wife away so slim pickings).

By the time I realised i was hungry i couldn't wait the half hour for a take away delivery so had a few of them. 30 mins later i regretted not phoning but figured it was too late so had some more. 30 mins later i regretted it again. Never ending circle....
                                                                                    Slightly less embarrassed with my fish fingers. Though they were completely shite, and still hungry afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      Slightly less embarrassed with my fish fingers. Though they were completely shite, and still hungry afterwards.
                                                                                      I hear ya. Currently eyeing up the stash of Ella's Kitchen baby foods. One is called Sunday Chicken Roast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        I hear ya. Currently eyeing up the stash of Ella's Kitchen baby foods. One is called Sunday Chicken Roast.
                                                                                        The bolognese one's not bad.

Comment

Three in one
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Back after our semi final win, Derry 0 1 Limerick still unbeaten this year and on to the final v pats or rovers. 1st time in Brandywell such a shithole. 2 boys were last out after the celebrations.

Tallaght tomorrow for champions league...
                                                                                            Attached Files

Comment

It really baffles belief that the Syrian situation is almost 5 years ongoing now. Surely some of the powers that be could foresee how it was/is playing out. Its impossible not to feel for a majority population suffering at the hands of two idiotic sides when you see the likes of Aleppo completely decimated. It's truly staggering.

Few bits on Twitter today with the barbaric militants gloating over the Russians. Spoilered for graphic details, but like how do you deal with this type of mentality...

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 02-08-16, 00:35.

Comment

Lucky he wasn't there so. We're literally talking a couple of bottles. 3 max. They arrived after me and left before me and I was only there just over 2 hours cos I had work the next morning. It's not like they were on the lash on Saturday night. It's bad if fellas can't go to a local function with their mates for a couple of hours and a couple of bottles after everything they sacrifice for a bloody game.

One was James, other was Fionn. Fionn actually played a couple of games in the 7 a side comp. Oh the horror. James was "manager" of his team due to just coming back from injury obvs.

I don't see the problem with a bag of chips or a couple of bottles. These are young men sacrificing more than they should be.
                                                                                                Maybe Keane can fill us in better but I'd imagine there would be a strict no drinking ban 2 or 3 weeks prior to a game. Obv they don't enforce that for the craic but must feel there is a benefit to players not having g 2 or 3 bottles 2 nights before a big game.

On sun after the gave the players were all having a few in Jury's. They were prob told to have one night of it and that's it til after semi final. That's the night to let the hair down no t before the match

Comment

Just on android boxes, i lost 3 hours of my life trying to set up the MAG254 to the TV package, was done with their support and the blasted thing still wont work. Her last comment was go back to the supplier

Anyone here used the Mag?

Comment

I purchased a new BBQ the weekend that she knows nothing about yet, doubt id get away with a TV also.
                                                                                                    Last weekend of August good for the IPB BBQ ole?
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                      Maybe Keane can fill us in better but I'd imagine there would be a strict no drinking ban 2 or 3 weeks prior to a game. Obv they don't enforce that for the craic but must feel there is a benefit to players not having g 2 or 3 bottles 2 nights before a big game.

On sun after the gave the players were all having a few in Jury's. They were prob told to have one night of it and that's it til after semi final. That's the night to let the hair down no t before the match
                                                                                                      I don't know whether they have or not tbh. Personally can't see any way two or three bottles of beer two nights before a game could make the least difference.

Comment

72 page football season pullout is in todays Racing Post - official signal of the start of the season imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          I don't know whether they have or not tbh. Personally can't see any way two or three bottles of beer two nights before a game could make the least difference.
                                                                                                          +1 million. Must be like living in east Germany for I tercounty players,can't have a beer or some chips without some busybody running g off to tell the Gestapo.
                                                                                                          2-3 beers 2 nights before a match is going to have zero impact,the night before sure,but making an issue of lads having few is just totalitarian puritanism. Power to them,is it not fucking enough we all have to be metrics driven automatons in our work lives now,why does everyone want to inflict it on sportspeople too

Comment

GAA ruining socail lives since the 1800s.

Comment

Any word on who the politician kicked out of independence and arrested for drunk driving and assaulting gardai is? Must be a former td\senator by the sound of it

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                Just on android boxes, i lost 3 hours of my life trying to set up the MAG254 to the TV package, was done with their support and the blasted thing still wont work. Her last comment was go back to the supplier

Anyone here used the Mag?

jaysus, that looks like a pain in the hole to set up. Can you put kodi on it?

I use kodi with the Pulse CCM build and ivue TV guide. Works a treat.

Comment

Ah Dublin Bus, guy to my left overwhelmingly smelling like liver. Guy on the right side of the bus trying to sneakily take pictures of people with his shutter sound on, big rapey head on him.

I'll take my chances with the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    +1 million. Must be like living in east Germany for I tercounty players,can't have a beer or some chips without some busybody running g off to tell the Gestapo.
                                                                                                                    2-3 beers 2 nights before a match is going to have zero impact,the night before sure,but making an issue of lads having few is just totalitarian puritanism. Power to them,is it not fucking enough we all have to be metrics driven automatons in our work lives now,why does everyone want to inflict it on sportspeople too
                                                                                                                    Cheers m8s. Nice to see some common sense

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      Last weekend of August good for the IPB BBQ ole?
                                                                                                                      Do you think you would have any holiday wine left by then ?
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        I worked with an intercounty team 2 seasons ago. Final game after getting knocked out of the championship, head nutritionist turned around to the manager and says I think I'll let the lads have a few chips.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                          I worked with an intercounty team 2 seasons ago. Final game after getting knocked out of the championship, head nutritionist turned around to the manager and says I think I'll let the lads have a few chips.
                                                                                                                          Don't tell Tipp86 hear that. He'll fear the worst for the entire team

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X