Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiz is on in grand social tonight 5star if ye wanna tag along, same goes for others. Bittabanter
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Maybe he was just perving on your page a lot recently

Comment

A tad racist. Meh.... robbed from Facebook obvs

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          Quiz is on in grand social tonight 5star if ye wanna tag along, same goes for others. Bittabanter
          Sadly I can't as we're in Torquay now. It really is a bit dilapidated and in need of a good coat of paint in general.

Comment

Is there a Fawlty Towers tour?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Is there a Fawlty Towers tour?
              Nothing to tour unfortunately. It was never filmed here, the place it was based on has been demolished, and the actual building in the series was elsewhere and had to be demolished years back as well.

Comment

I'm having a Waldorf salad for dinner tonight Dom, in your honour. Actually am.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Celery, walnuts, apples grapes. In mayonnaise. If memory serves?

Sounds awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Screwdriver to wash it down?

Comment

Working from a client conference room for the last few weeks. Air conditioning is set at "fucking freezing" temperature between 8am to 3pm forcing one to wear woolly jumpers and gloves. It then turns off automatically and the room then get bloody roasting, so the jumpers, gloves and shirts come off, leaving one to work in light t-shirts. Obviously there doesn't seem to be an on/off switch so we have no control over this.

Another month of this shit to look forward to
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Sounds awful.
                          It's pretty awesome tbf.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            I had thought that food and dioralyte before you went to be reduced the absorption rate and speeded up your metabolism of what is already in your system.
                            A big feed before drink might slow the absorption rate. The if drink is already in your system is not going to go anything.

Dioralyte, strong coffee, big feed, cold shower, a few neurofen etc in the morning might make you feel better and better able to drive. But you BAC will be the same if you'r pulled over.

I usually go with the 2 units in the first hour, 1 unit per hour (government/police advised rate). But it feels wrong when you are looking at an extended session. Drinking 6 bottles at a birthday party over 6-8 hours is supposed to be fine. but'll get funny looks walking out jangling your keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              Do you mean you don't understand the reason for the price difference between the two houses? Not sure if I missed the point. The Clondalkin one is quite a bit out of town whereas Crumlin is much closer - I don't think I'd fancy the Clondalkin one to be honest

When you say, commute-able spots, how much of a commute are you looking for?

If you are on a Luas line or nearby the commute should be fairly easy and in other areas, there are very good bus services, where others aren't great

If you are looking for areas that are walkable / cyclable then it's a totally different kettle of fish altogether
                              I'd rather, in order, cycle, LUAS, walk, train/dart, bus, drive when it comes to a commute.

Literally just trying to get a feel for the market again, haven't lived in Dublin for 6 years now and it seems likely that all of my old haunts are out of price range.

I'm just finding the price disparities mental in some cases, that a similar house can be worth €100k more (well, asked for) because it's 3 bus stops closer to town. And also balking at all the houses that are for sale that are nowhere near 'move in' condition.

I'm guessing the market being a bit thin is making me see far more of these than I necessarily should be seeing though?

Comment

Sounds awful.
                                You should visit Brixham, either drive or get boat from Torquay harbour.

I hear the weather is decent though?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  You should visit Brixham, either drive or get boat from Torquay harbour.

I hear the weather is decent though?
                                  Yesterday was dull and drizzly, but today is nice so far, but still a bit cloudy. Shorts on about to go out. Doing a boat, train, bus thing tomorrow probably.

Comment

Whoops, accidentally wrecked somebody at work.

Him: "Have a read of this, what do you think?"
                                    Me: "It's terrible English, it can't have been written by a native speaker"
                                    Him: "I wrote that, it's a document for the NSA"

"What I really meant was..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Whoops, accidentally wrecked somebody at work.

Him: "Have a read of this, what do you think?"
                                      Me: "It's terrible English, it can't have been written by a native speaker"
                                      Him: "I wrote that, it's a document for the NSA"

"What I really meant was..."
                                      Had a similar one yesterday when someone asked me is annual leave the amount of holidays we can take.

Since she works in HR I presumed that it was another one of the stupid questions people ask HR so laughed and said what numpty asked you that.

Bit of an awkward silence in the room while she clarified that she wanted to know before one of the guys saved me by pissing himself laughing and calling her a muppet.

Comment

Fantasy Football back open for sign-ups, league thread is in my signature. Last year we had 12 separate winners of prizes making us not just the orginal but still the best value for money competition on IPB.

Don't make me spam you!!
                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

So the 3 bankers got sentenced to 3.5, 2 and 2 years.

Since the maximum sentence was 10 years what about their crimes or lack on contrition has lead to them getting 1 third and 1 fifth sentences.

I cannot imagine we will ever have a situation where the sums will be as large and the crimes committed over such a long period of time so this will be the worst crime of its sort that we have or will have brought to court.

I expected this to be the sentences with the guys out in a year anyway but it is pretty disappointing that the max wasn't passed down even if I was surprised that they actually got convicted in the first place.

Comment

Yesterday was dull and drizzly, but today is nice so far, but still a bit cloudy. Shorts on about to go out. Doing a boat, train, bus thing tomorrow probably.
                                            Best thing about Cornwall is the surfing dude!! get those wetsuits on and off you go!

Comment

Since the maximum sentence was 10 years what about their crimes or lack on contrition has lead to them getting 1 third and 1 fifth sentences.
                                              All for white collar criminals doing time but in this case they had the tacit approval of the Regulator. Also none benefitted personally from the fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                They are 'common law offences', so no min/max set out in statute. Judge has all ready ruled that 'Green Jersey Defence', i.e. extent they thought they were acted with approval of Financial Regulator or otherwise for the good of the country, will be a factor in mitigation.

So ball park, sentences between three and five years. Take off around 2 years for the green jersey element. Remainder will be dispensed with for prior good behaviour, being valuable members of their local community blah blah*

*hoping that setting out it like this will bbv the prediction entirely
                                                Close enough guess, given lack of comparative data.

I expected this to be the sentences with the guys out in a year anyway but it is pretty disappointing that the max wasn't passed down even if I was surprised that they actually got convicted in the first place.
                                                See above - common law offences.

Would expect them to be out in year or less too. Prisons overcrowded with .. eh .. real criminals.

Comment

Yipee, 2 weeks hols to look forward at. Said we would stay at home this year and take the boys (9 and 13) around Ireland so its up to the brother in law in Sligo on Saturday until Tuesday so herself can have some time with her sister. A bit of shopping in Dublin on Wednesday so I booked us in for Tuesday night and then to Ballyheigh in Kerry for the rest of the week.

Not sure yet when to tell her that on Monday night we (me and the boys only obv) are going to Derry City v Limerick (cmon the Super Blues) in the semi's of the league cup. Champions league in Tallaght on Tuesday to support Dundalk and Thursday a trip to Cork V Genk , great to have boys so that I can blame them...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    Best thing about Cornwall is the surfing dude!! get those wetsuits on and off you go!
                                                    Given that I can't swim, I think I'll give it a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      I'd rather, in order, cycle, LUAS, walk, train/dart, bus, drive when it comes to a commute.

Literally just trying to get a feel for the market again, haven't lived in Dublin for 6 years now and it seems likely that all of my old haunts are out of price range.

I'm just finding the price disparities mental in some cases, that a similar house can be worth €100k more (well, asked for) because it's 3 bus stops closer to town. And also balking at all the houses that are for sale that are nowhere near 'move in' condition.

I'm guessing the market being a bit thin is making me see far more of these than I necessarily should be seeing though?

The market is crazy. I'm so lucky not to be in it at the minute. Although I am currently paying a mortgage on a house I don't live in that I can't rent out while paying rent to live elsewhere - ideal situation really

A friend of mine is looking to buy at the minute and she has said it's a nightmare - last house she went to view, there was over 100 people to look at it. Even allowing for the few tyre kickers, that's still a ridiculous amount of people interested in a house

You probably know most of the below but these are options that I would look at

Cycle - Drumcondra, Glasnevin, Phibsborogh, Marino, Ranelagh, Rathmines, Harolds Cross, Kilmainham, up either side of Houston station (north and south of Liffey), Stoneybatter
                                                      LUAS - Milltown, Dundrum, Stillorgan, Sandyford, Drimnagh
                                                      Walk - IFSC, Grand Canal Dock, Smithfield, Appartments along the quays
                                                      Train - Out Blanch way - Think they have a train into Connolly
                                                      Dart - Killester, Raheny, Bayside, Sutton
                                                      Bus - Clondalkin, Lucan, Terenure, (general areas around these)
                                                      Drive - If you are working in the city centre, you don't want to drive, you will lose the will to live

Comment

I've been saying for the last couple of years that I'd give my kingdom for a car with cruise control because long trips down the country without it are a serious pain in the nuts.

Little did I know all along that you can get it added to your car for ~€100. Had the job done last week by a guy in Clane, only took two hours and works perfectly.

I had no idea this was possible for such a small outlay, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          I've been saying for the last couple of years that I'd give my kingdom for a car with cruise control because long trips down the country without it are a serious pain in the nuts.

Little did I know all along that you can get it added to your car for ~€100. Had the job done last week by a guy in Clane, only took two hours and works perfectly.

I had no idea this was possible for such a small outlay, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is in the same boat.
                                                          I'd no idea that was possible either, when I was buying recently I turned down what looked the best value in terms of miles / age by over 10% solely because it didn't have CC.

FFS!
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            I'd no idea that was possible either, when I was buying recently I turned down what looked the best value in terms of miles / age by over 10% solely because it didn't have CC.

FFS!
                                                            I figured it might be valuable info alright! It certainly seems to be a breeze for VW and Audis anyway.

This is the guy who did it for me - http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-acce...ontrol/2721914

Comment

The guy I've been referred to to pull my tooth can't see me until 4 weeks from now, and thats just for a consultation...WTF?
                                                              Will get to find out of codine addiction is a thing or not

Comment

The guy I've been referred to to pull my tooth can't see me until 4 weeks from now, and thats just for a consultation...WTF?
                                                                Will get to find out of codine addiction is a thing or not
                                                                Why the wait? Surely any walk in dentist surgery could do it on the day?
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Why the wait? Surely any walk in dentist surgery could do it on the day?
                                                                  It has to be a surgical extraction, the tooth is well rooted and tight between two others and besides the crack in it is solid and healthy. Consultation first is to decide what kind of anesthetic to go for.

Comment

It has to be a surgical extraction, the tooth is well rooted and tight between two others and besides the crack in it is solid and healthy. Consultation first is to decide what kind of anesthetic to go for.
                                                                    Hmmm, must be really deeply rooted. In my day we just tied a string to a doorknob, you modern kids and your anesthetics
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

In fairness SP's dentist also gives a haircut and is a dab hand at the leeches
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Had a similar one yesterday when someone asked me is annual leave the amount of holidays we can take.

Since she works in HR I presumed that it was another one of the stupid questions people ask HR so laughed and said what numpty asked you that.

Bit of an awkward silence in the room while she clarified that she wanted to know before one of the guys saved me by pissing himself laughing and calling her a muppet.
                                                                        Speaking of dumb questions -

When I was working at the hostel in Vietnam, I was on the desk for a stint and I was asked some very strange ones.

My personal favourite -

"How long would a 20 min walk take if I'm a fast walker?".

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          Not that anyone had their doubts but you gave yourself away there riggs
                                                                          Another top read m8
                                                                          Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                          Speaking of dumb questions -

When I was working at the hostel in Vietnam, I was on the desk for a stint and I was asked some very strange ones.

My personal favourite -

"How long would a 20 min walk take if I'm a fast walker?".

15 minutes.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

T20 blast competition makes for great entertainment and is full of decent betting and trading opportunities.

Its amazing how a game as conservative as cricket has been able to adapt ro the real world. They stand in stark contrast to the GAA who have failed miserably to leverage the initial success of the qualifiers to improve the All Ireland series from being the shambles it is year after year.

Comment

I know nothing about the GAA, but it seems self evident that they should just do a league - playoffs structure like the American sports, starting in March and running to September.

Institutionalised people go on about 'the magic of the championship' but it's terribly organised and terribly marketed to the casual sports fan.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                I know nothing about the GAA, but it seems self evident that they should just do a league - playoffs structure like the American sports, starting in March and running to September.

Institutionalised people go on about 'the magic of the championship' but it's terribly organised and terribly marketed to the casual sports fan.
                                                                                It's a woejus competition, could possibly not be any worse.

Comment

Interesting to hear someone who's into it think the same. I thought all you culchies loved it :-P

Comment

Kevin Bridges Live At The CommonwealthRecorded at the Theatre Royal in Glasgow as a light hearted prelude to the Commonwealth Games 2014 that was held in Sco...

Don't know what it is about Kevin Bridges, but even his bad jokes make me laugh.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dS5vx2DPto

Don't know what it is about Kevin Bridges, but even his bad jokes make me laugh.
                                                                                      It's cos he's class m8

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        It's a woejus competition, could possibly not be any worse.
                                                                                        Actually have to disagree with you there to an extent. The provinces level stages are woeful to be sure. But once it get past that stage then i think it is decent enough. You are probably referring to the scheduling of them though, which is a different story.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dS5vx2DPto

Delivery innit.

Comment

Woodford Reserve is a fanatically straightforward simple caramel bourbon.

It's close, but a winner over Maker's Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                              Delivery innit.
                                                                                              No one doing straight comedy is close to being as consistently funny as Milton Jones

Not a big fan of live comedy but I might try to get out to see him tomorrow night

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

No one doing straight comedy is close to being as consistently funny as Milton Jones

Not a big fan of live comedy but I might try to get out to see him tomorrow night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-A63tM-1c
                                                                                                Im off to Bill Burr Tuesday, looking forward to him.

I can relate to his anger.

Fuckin Horseflies thought of me as xmas dinner today, was cutting the grass in shorts and had to change to long pants, cunce.

That wasnt a bit ^
                                                                                                Last edited by oleras; 29-07-16, 23:05.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-A63tM-1c
                                                                                                  Jones is Twitter (but killing it)

Bridges is Medium.

I expect that you wont understand this.

If I was a terrorist, I could have killed them all.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 29-07-16, 23:16.

Comment

Life and how we react to it is a strange beast. My coaching mentor and person that has made the biggest impact on my recent life next to my wife is heading off to start coaching Bath next week. I find it fascinating how one person can make such a difference through what they percieve to be inconsequential actions. It makes me want to be a truly great person and influence others the way I have been.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Trippie; 30-07-16, 07:21.

Comment

I was actually going to ask you if you were going with him Trippie. Seemed very coincidental that you were asking about moving back to Europe just as he was announced.

Bath is some city too!

Comment

I was actually going to ask you if you were going with him Trippie. Seemed very coincidental that you were asking about moving back to Europe just as he was announced.

Bath is some city too!
                                                                                                        Probably the following season, a short fat irishman who never played at a high level is a hard sell to an owner expecting immediate results in a country filled with talented coaches. I've an offer in portugal as a technical director which gives me opportunity to stamp my vision on a programme and gets me back in europe. Then the plan is to get a skill coach position at bath. They have a vacancy at academy level but i've got zero chance at that.

Comment

Chadley/david/riggs, we doing the same comp again this year or what's the story? someone make a thread m8's
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Trippie, could you have explain a little about your Career? It sounds fascinating

Comment

Last Chance U is very good. I have only seen the first one but getting good reviews.

Last Chance U is a 2016 documentary series produced by Netflix showcasing the 2015 American football season for East Mississippi Community College. The series will debut streaming online July 29, 2016.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Virgin now blocking most pirate bay proxies
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  1337x work ?
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    torrentleach open for registration, use the invite code- KICKTHATASS
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tough place to keep an account though, unless you donate.

Comment

Some wifi and a KevIRL sighting, both for the first time in two weeks.

What's been happening in the real world hereabouts?
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Very little indeed! 1 page a day or so of posts.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X