X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up and running. Pretty good going by the ESB tbf

Comment

...Postman just delivered my Water Flosser ultra thing this morning...Seems quite good on first impression, decent power in it so hopeful of good results...only negative I think is the fact that it's not cordless, so having to do it in kitchen but not the worst complaint ever...anyone else use it?...

Comment

He can't win.
        Even if Hilary has a stinker of a campaign he won't win.
        If its close in the polls the last weekend then a network wide ad featuring a 60 second roundup of the best of Trump (pride of place to him slagging off the disabled reporter) will swing it 5 points back to HRC.
        If it comes down to the wire I can even see some Republican senators and governors suggesting their supporters vote for HRC.

Don't worry.
        SPOILER
        I'm a bit worried!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
          Actually, he used "egregious" correctly for emphasis at one point. He's clearly dangerous and represents an incredibly regressive mindset turned political platform. But it's way beyond pointless throwing lazy insults at him when Farage et al just achieved Brexit. This stuff needs to be taken seriously and argued down. You should know that yourself from ranting and raving through continued electoral progression for SF since 1992.
          But like farrage and for the most part, beyond the border question sinn fein, you cannot argue against them because they're is no substance to argue against.
          Trump has no policies, no people and no plan beyond making Trump the biggest brand on the planet.

Seriously, how can you engage with him? How do you persuade turkeys that are slavering to vote for more Christmas because they love the sound of make Christmas great
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              Back up and running. Pretty good going by the ESB tbf
              Someone rang Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Major power outage all over Kerry. ISIS are coming.

Seriously tho a transformer blew in the Tralee power station. Anyone any idea how long it takes to get back up and running? Presume we're looking at the full day without power?
                It should be OK now

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  But like farrage and for the most part, beyond the border question sinn fein, you cannot argue against them because they're is no substance to argue against.
                  Trump has no policies, no people and no plan beyond making Trump the biggest brand on the planet.

Seriously, how can you engage with him? How do you persuade turkeys that are slavering to vote for more Christmas because they love the sound of make Christmas great
                  People aren't rational. Campaigns aren't won on policy. He makes his supporters feel good. That's it. Let's Make America Great again is far more persuasive than "I'm with her".

Comment

Comment

A friend of mine was in kruger last week and they came across a giraffe acting very distressed, driver took a turn towards the direction it came from and they found a young giraffe being torn apart by a few lions while clearly still alive.
                      Ranger said he hadn't seen it before in twenty years on the job
                      Even the lions are getting worse

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

A friend of mine was in kruger last week and they came across a giraffe acting very distressed, driver took a turn towards the direction it came from and they found a young giraffe being torn apart by a few lions while clearly still alive.
                            Ranger said he hadn't seen it before in twenty years on the job
                            What exactly had the ranger not seen on 20 years?
                            I'd have thought that Lions kill giraffes all the time. And everything else on the menu in Kruger.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              People aren't rational. Campaigns aren't won on policy. He makes his supporters feel good. That's it. Let's Make America Great again is far more persuasive than "I'm with her".
                              Same reason why everyone who goes on X-Factor needs a heart string tugging back story that has nothing to do with singing so that people will make an emotional attachment and really hit up the phone lines.

Its all about the shine and polish as Jeb Bush the most credible republican candidate imo found out and I fear the Hillary will also.

Comment

I think that hillary's whole campaign strategy was built around facing Bush or Rubio or someone similar and this is why she has is reeling. I imagine they are telling her that she will kill him the debates where the moderators will keep him in line.

I doubt he will go to the debates and expose himself.

A video of him at a big rally in a car factory in Detroit say "I could have went to talk about what I will do with the Washington elite and stay in a fancy hotel and get driven around town in an imported car but I said no, I am going to Detroit where we used to build the best cars in the world to tell you people how WE ARE GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN."

They will play the clip on repeat on all the stations and it will massively overshadow Hillary's clip of why wont he come talk. Its what he did before.

Very dangerous ground we are on but on the good side I could see him play at being president for about 6 months before he gets bored and gives it to his VP to run while he goes off to do something else.

Giving the largest nuclear arsenal in the world to a guy who's catch line is your fired. Those who survive the great winter may take some solace in the irony...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Outright accusing Hillary of being a criminal.
                                  In fairness it is probably the most accurate "fact" he has come out with during the campaign

Comment

Anyone here use a virtual assistant service? I'd be interested in getting recommendations and feedback on how you work with them etc.

I'm looking for someone mainly to assist on the personal side and with some side hustles so probably only a few hours a week until I see what other areas of my life I can automate and delegate.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Outright accusing Hillary of being a criminal.
                                      As did the FBI Director.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        In fairness it is probably the most accurate "fact" he has come out with during the campaign
                                        When did that ever stop someone from running a country

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                          When did that ever stop someone from running a country
                                          Never and I doubt it ever will. I am also dont think you want a by the book clean as the fallen snow type running things either. Compromise and back room dealings is what international politics is all about - more Machiavelli's prince rather then the prince from snow white.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            Anyone here use a virtual assistant service? I'd be interested in getting recommendations and feedback on how you work with them etc.

I'm looking for someone mainly to assist on the personal side and with some side hustles so probably only a few hours a week until I see what other areas of my life I can automate and delegate.
                                            2p2 might be your best bet for this info

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                So I'm watching Trump's Acceptance speech. You'll hear a lot about how it's short on policy specifics but high on dangerous nonsense. And that's true. But unfortunately I'm starting to think Donald J Trump is the political equivalent of Joe Montana.

It's a great speech from a delivery / connection / passion standpoint. He comes across as strong, caring and funny. And he knows his audience.

In terms of platform it's a Nationalistic, anti - trade, isolationist, anti - immigration, law and order, pity the poor program. Under Donald J Trump America's steel and mill workers are going back to work. Savages Hilary Clinton throughout to lusty chants of "lock her up, lock her up". ���� Also appeals to Sander's voters and portrays himself as an "anti the Washington fat cats" candidate. And it all sounds far more credible than it should.

He strikes me as basically the conservative version of Obama. Very appealing and very much style over substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                  He strikes me as basically the conservative version of Obama. Very appealing and very much style over substance.
                                                  I can't think of any similarities between the two. They might be polar opposites in every way actually.
                                                  Last edited by cardshark202; 22-07-16, 13:45.

Comment

no he didn't. but anyway.
                                                    Did you read the speech? He said that people in similar circumstances have been prosecuted. He essentially just didn't want to be in the position of deciding the next president

But, can we not go back to your illusions of me being a massive racist?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well your only actual vote was in favour of a party who want women to be allowed to die because god. So maybe we don't yet know if you're a racist aswell Ted.
                                                            Lulz

Comment

Comment

Lulz indeed
                                                                Surely if you've ever voted for anyone other than Ruth Coppinger or Clare Daly in Ireland that suggestions holds true?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                  I can't think of any similarities between the two. The might be polar opposites in every way actually.

You don't think they are both charasmatic?

Comment

Comment

Seems Noonan is putting serious consideration on a sugar tax. Now theres a proper tax on the poor. None of that water nonsense.
                                                                      We already have a sugar tax. It's called VAT.

Comment

Comment

Well thats true, but voting for a party recently formed on a platform of wanting Savita killed in name of the holy god?
                                                                          Are you alright? You are like a wasp lately.

Comment

That was some speech. Still reverating in my head. That Hitler propaganda movie Triump of the Will has genuine echos. And i say that as someone who has tried to never Godwin my postings.

words fail me...seriously, I'd typed about swapping the flag and face with another other country, made comparisons to dictators, the parallel of the opening NK scene in the Interview...
                                                                            nothing really captures the unease I get with this
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

words fail me...seriously, I'd typed about swapping the flag and face with another other country, made comparisons to dictators, the parallel of the opening NK scene in the Interview...
                                                                              It's strongman nationalism. That's been his platform all along. 52% of the U.K. Electorate just voted for similar concepts.
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Im not sure about his policies but im sure they are good ones.
                                                                                Christ it will be an awful dull administration if Hillary gets in. There hasnt been a lively president since George Bush Jnr. Obama has just been a drink of water of a president. I want Trump in.

Comment

...

Comment

Ah i'm not, and thanks for asking. Trying to hold together a clearly failing marriage. Its an absolute nightmare. Feel stress at the best of times, but this is something else.
                                                                                    Sorry to hear that, keep the chin up

Comment

Well thats true, but voting for a party recently formed on a platform of wanting Savita killed in name of the holy god?
                                                                                      Do you think I'm Christian Right now? I voted for their tax policies.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Being team USA and pro US citizens is different to what you're comparing him to. His platform is protecting US citizens and giving them a fair fight versus China. Very different to scapegoating minorities.

Comment

You don't think they are both charasmatic?
                                                                                          Might be the only thing they have in common then.

Comment

Anyone here in Insurance?

What happens when your company goes busto (car insurance)?

Comment

Active shooter in a mall in Munich now. Ffs

Comment

All kicking off in Munich with at least one, now appears two terrorist attacks. One at a shopping centre, second unconfirmed at a train station.

Comment

All kicking off in Munich with at least one, now appears two terrorist attacks. One at a shopping centre, second unconfirmed at a train station.
                                                                                                  Hopefully for a change his name isn't Muhammed or something. Funking for Hans or Jakob, Fritz, etc.

Comment

The German police don't seem to have much control of the situation.

Comment

Seen so much "the worlds gone mad" type comments lately. Is it not more a case that we've just lived through an exceptionally harmonious time and it's now starting to return to the norm, peace seems more of an anomaly than turbulence in last 500 years.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Still the safest and best time to be alive by some margin.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          Hopefully for a change his name isn't Muhammed or something. Funking for Hans or Jakob, Fritz, etc.

Looking likely imo.

Comment

Got brought over to Ascot today for a days racing and a celebration dinner for the breeders of winners at this year's royal Ascot.
                                                                                                            Wow!
                                                                                                            Fine dining and an afternoons punting with all manner of Lords and Ladies, Knight's of the garter and Queen's equerrys and wherever you're having yourself. Alongside the representatives of coolmore and the various middle eastern operations a lot of the attendance were actually small Irish operators, do while I wasn't the only one out of my depth , I was certainly the farthest out.

In fairness I'm told I didn't make a show of myself
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Currently at the best little music festival in the country if you can make it its worth the while http://knockanstockan.ie
                                                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                Currently at the best little music festival in the country if you can make it its worth the while http://knockanstockan.ie
                                                                                                                few friends of mine playing down there I think
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is there anything better than Miles Ahead to watch now?
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Is there anything better than Miles Ahead to watch now?
                                                                                                                    Am digging Preacher if you haven't seen it.
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                      Seen so much "the worlds gone mad" type comments lately. Is it not more a case that we've just lived through an exceptionally harmonious time and it's now starting to return to the norm, peace seems more of an anomaly than turbulence in last 500 years.
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      Still the safest and best time to be alive by some margin.
                                                                                                                      Don't listen to these lunatics Dobby; get back under the bed

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                        Am digging Preacher if you haven't seen it.
                                                                                                                        Just watched the first episode. That was fucked up.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Just watched the first episode. That was fucked up.
                                                                                                                          Is that a compliment or a criticism? Can't tell if you liked it?
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X