This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
    ?? He said twice it should have been a red card and that the TMO "shirked" it.
    That wasn't Horgan, that was Brennan the commentator? (not sure) . Horgan in the studio said one had a reasonable chance to believe he could get to the ball (today), whereas Stander had no chance and therefore has a duty of care to not clatter the kicker

Comment

Ireland making a lot of basic handling errors, making it very difficult for themselves.

Comment

Jackson the real positive from this series. We have a future at 10.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Sport is all the same. Take your chance when it presents itself or pay the price. Ireland in rugby last week prime example.

Comment

FFS

So close
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Schmidt played the bench 10 minutes too late. We had real power to come on and he left it until 70 to play his hand.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                Sport is all the same. Take your chance when it presents itself or pay the price. Ireland in rugby last week prime example.
                Schmidt's reign will ultimately be remembered by what we nearly did. Nearly beat New Zealand. Nearly won a test series down south. Nearly had a cut at a World Cup. Fuck it anyway.

It was lost in the final 15 last week. Great effort from the players today.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

So many positives and yet I'm gutted right now
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Patience, Patience , Lacking when it mattered

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      Schmidt's reign will ultimately be remembered by what we nearly did. Nearly beat New Zealand. Nearly won a test series down south. Nearly had a cut at a World Cup. Fuck it anyway.

It was lost in the final 15 last week. Great effort from the players today.
                      He's had to learn at this level. It's not a straight step up from club rugby. There's so much more to it. He's going to be around at this level for a very long time. I just hope we get the benefit of his experience in time.

What a great series in fairness. Best end of season in years.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        Jackson the real positive from this series. We have a future at 10.
                        Agree 100%. Just shows that 10 is a position you have to mature into. His defence is much better then we have a right to expect also.

Comment

Comment

I prefer this one Shrap from your lads.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              I prefer this one Shrap from your lads.

That's class. He actually got stuck on the line when doing that.

I'm sure someone will do one with him knocking that little kid over when playing rugby, with a tag something like "fuck off Europe!"
                              Last edited by shrapnel; 25-06-16, 17:38.

Comment

Chateau Lagrange is about the only way I've ever drank €50 in an hour. Now to the Teeling's. If I drink €50 of that in an hour I'm in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                  Don't want to pry in to the reasons etc but I would imagine if same is impossible a Court order or some declaration in the absence of the signature must be an option.
                                  As hitch pointed out, I could from Ireland. My son did have an Irish passport as we did the naturalisation process I think it was when I moved in 2002 which was 2 weeks after he was born using the grandparent rule. But when I split with my ex he kept the children's passports and refused to sign for a new one. I knew I didn't need a signature for a British passport so that was what I did.

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                  Ah that's a balls.

Just thinking out loud but any options of citizenship for the kids due to their time living here , or perhaps you scoop your passport and then the kids can piggyback from their mum the Irish citizen?
                                  I was living and working in Ireland for 13½ years and married to an Irishman for almost 4. I left my passport the way it was due to the reciprocal agreement that Britain had with Malta and the benefits there. When we planned this move Brexit wasn't an issue.

As far as I have heard there should be no problems as half of Malta is British and it is one Country that will get an agreement in with Britain anyway.

I really think there should be either another vote or get it stopped as the percentages were too close and 2 Countries voted to remain, seems a bit harsh and would rather see that than another referendum in Scotland for independence!

I don't think it will go ahead but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                    I seem to remember a few bluebloods on here suggesting we grab onto the apron strings of the UK a few years back. Who woulda thunk it eh .
                                    Could end up being an option yet if EU collapses

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    China must be licking their lips. They were winning anyway, but the implosion of their key anglo-saxon geopolitical opponents is that oft-whispered-but-never-seen unicorn dim sum to savour.
                                    Amazing to see that HiSense TV brand being advertised all the time at the soccer being marketed as 'Made in China'. For most of my life that phrase was a synonym for cheap shit.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Amazing to see that HiSense TV brand being advertised all the time at the soccer being marketed as 'Made in China'. For most of my life that phrase was a synonym for cheap shit.
                                      It still is. They're just delusional.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Chateau Lagrange is about the only way I've ever drank €50 in an hour. Now to the Teeling's. If I drink €50 of that in an hour I'm in trouble.
                                            you know, there is something about teelings. I've simply avoided drinking it and I'm not sure why.
                                            I've a growing collection of Irish whiskey in the gaff (hardly touched since the babóg arrived) but never felt the need to add teelings to the mix.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              you know, there is something about teelings. I've simply avoided drinking it and I'm not sure why.
                                              I've a growing collection of Irish whiskey in the gaff (hardly touched since the babóg arrived) but never felt the need to add teelings to the mix.
                                              Ah it's decent. The single grain in particular is very nice. Theyve done a fantastic job of marketing themselves and the tour is very good. Went to school with one of the nephews who did himself in after he was convicted of having some untoward stuff on his computer.

Comment

Pretty boring Euros so far anyway. Lots of teams just cancelling each other out and not willing to take risks.

Comment

Bit of controversy about their ex-rum barrels from Nicaragua.

Comment

Ah it's decent. The single grain in particular is very nice. Theyve done a fantastic job of marketing themselves and the tour is very good. Went to school with one of the nephews who did himself in after he was convicted of having some untoward stuff on his computer.
                                                    what a weird unrelated anecdote.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      Bit of controversy about their ex-rum barrels from Nicaragua.
                                                      What's the controversy?

Comment

What's the controversy?
                                                        Circus protest type argument by the sounds

SPOILER
                                                        Since I'm writing about Teeling, it might be worth bringing up a slightly touchy subject and my own opinion on it. It was brought to my attention on Facebook a few weeks ago that there's some controversy with the barrels that Teeling use. They are ex-rum barrels from Nicaragua, specifically from the producers of Flor de Caña rum, or so I was told. Apparently, the company that owns that brand owns the sugar cane fields used to produce that rum and a number of other sugar based products.

It would seem that at least 20,000 people have died of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in Central America in the past two decades. A number of those would have worked in fields used to produce the sugar used in said rum. The disease is said to be caused by overwork, lack of shade, lack of water etc although no scientific study has proven that. If you want to know more, here's an article in The Guardian.

The Facebook post was pretty heated with people calling for Teeling Whiskey to be boycotted until they stop using those barrels. Someone said the barrels needed to be ditched. I stepped in with what I hope was some voice of reason.

If I can take a step back and look at this dispassionately.
                                                        All Teelings did was buy old barrels from a rum producer or perhaps a 3rd party. Would that be accurate? Or are they in some sort of ongoing deal with Flor de caña?

Can they really be blamed in any way? They are essentially recycling the barrels. Should they be expected to destroy them and buy different ones because of harsh working conditions among sugar farmers?
                                                        Can Teelings really be blamed? Even indirectly?
                                                        I'm not familiar enough with Teelings or how they produce their whiskey to be outraged by this yet.

This got some interesting comments, one of which was that no one suggested destroying the barrels. That's true, no one did but by default it amounts to the same thing. I replied:

it's just someone else suggested they need to ditch the barrels and to suggest that means they would need to ethically destroy them. To pass them on or sell them would be hypocritical if they are ditching them on ethical reasons.
                                                        I won't mention where any of these comments came from but my point was that Teeling shouldn't be held responsible for the treatment of workers in sugar cane fields just because some second hand barrels they use can be linked indirectly to their plight.

It's all very well for us to sit behind our expensive computer screens in one of the richest countries in the world and be up in arms over the plight of the those in less well off countries. The problem is, if you look hard enough, you will find many everyday products have some sort of link to some sort of injustice. The computer, phone or tablet you are reading this article on was likely manufactured or has many components manufactured in a country with questionable labour conditions. You might as well boycott everything mass-produced and just produce everything yourself while living off the grid. You would probably have to build your own tools while you're at it, just to be safe and of course spin your own fibres to produce clothes after you have built your own loom because the manufactured ones probably contain materials of questionable origin.

This has turned into a bit of a rant on the proliferation of PC craziness that has been sweeping across richer countries in recent years.

I'm a realist myself so will not be put off by this and I certainly won't be boycotting Galway Bay because their 200 Fathoms was also aged rum barrels. Can we apply a little common sense to this PC crap please?

Rant over.

Comment

Any streams for the boxing ? The ones on reddit all involve setting up accounts which I would rather avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                            Any streams for the boxing ? The ones on reddit all involve setting up accounts which I would rather avoid.
                                                            literally the first post in the thread

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStrea..._700pm/d4nnsh6
                                                              What time is the AJ fight ?

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStrea..._700pm/d4nnsh6
                                                                Yeah I saw that buts that's asking me to set up an account

Comment

Is it box office? if not use mamahd
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    Is it box office? if not use mamahd
                                                                    Yeah box office

Comment

Comment

Yeah I saw that buts that's asking me to set up an account
                                                                        using acestream?

how are you doing it?

download here

click media--> open acestream content id
                                                                        paste this:
                                                                        feb3ac144dc71044a47500b01ee710a16fcf4793

Comment

Yeah box office
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Perfect tks

Comment

Oh there's Ronaldo. Tossing a coin.

His most significant action of the evening thus far.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Oh there's Ronaldo. Tossing a coin.

His most significant action of the evening thus far.
                                                                                  Do you just pop up when he has a bad game? Never hear from you when he's going well which is 98% of the time.

You are now worse than Droolpeter

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                    Do you just pop up when he has a bad game? Never hear from you when he's going well which is 98% of the time.

Go ahead. Tell me how great he's been in these Euros.

Joke of a player now. The crushed ice thing clinches it.

Comment

Sanches is some animal. 18 years of age. Raw but still.

Comment

Go ahead. Tell me how great he's been in these Euros.

Joke of a player now. The crushed ice thing clinches it.

Comment

I'd say the 10 players on the Portugese team who are actually trying are dying for the coach to take the selfish prick off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post

RDIII only watches the big games, Ronaldo never performs on the big stage.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Pretty boring Euros so far anyway. Lots of teams just cancelling each other out and not willing to take risks.
                                                                                              After the two day break I was really looking forward to today's games,took a bit of maneuvering but booked myself the couch and TV for the day.

It's been utter shit.

Comment

He didn't do a tap in the CL final and he hasn't done anything here.

No doubt when he knocks in his penalty in the shootout, he'll have plenty of energy left for his celebrations.

Comment

No doubt when he knocks in his penalty in the shootout, he'll have plenty of energy left for his celebrations.
                                                                                                  Must be difficult to play in that turquoise kit. It's like something that would have been cool for your jax in the 1980s.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Better than a goal a game for Real Madrid over a sample size of 350+ games

Goals in 2 champions league finals (3 if you count the winning penalty this year)

11 goals in World Cup & European Championships

first player to score in 4 European Championships

2nd overall in all time European Championship scorers

1st or 2nd in World Player of the year every year between 2008 - 2016

Yeah, definitely not a big game player
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Bale was shit today against Northern Ireland. Ronaldo just one goal off leading scorer in the tourney Plus a great assist for nani. Hard for anyone to perform in games like this. Football has gone negative and he's a positive player. He may be a cry baby but still his class is evident to the 'honest' haters. Rakitic and Modric under par today also.

tough after a long season to hit the high spots

Comment

He did get 2 fairly crucial goals the last day.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Goals in 2 champions league finals (3 if you count the winning penalty this year)

I didnt do a great job of portraying sarcasm.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                            Bale was shit today against Northern Ireland. Ronaldo just one goal off leading scorer in the tourney Plus a great assist for nani. Hard for anyone to perform in games like this. Football has gone negative and he's a positive player. He may be a cry baby but still his class is evident to the 'honest' haters. Rakitic and Modric under par today also.

tough after a long season to hit the high spots
                                                                                                            If he's the best player in the world (as he obviously thinks himself to be), he should be dominating these games and dragging his team to victory.

Zidane did it, Maradona did it, Messi did it.

CR7 is more concerned with how he looks in his underpants.

Note he just missed that sitter too.

Comment

Oh look at that assist, should have scored but still can't complain a bout a good save by the keeper.

Comment

33 efforts at goal in this tournament.

2 goals.

Wow.

Comment

I didnt do a great job of portraying sarcasm.
                                                                                                                  My response was more aimed at the egg-chasing types who are confused about what makes a good player

Comment

My response was more aimed at the egg-chasing types who are confused about what makes a good player
                                                                                                                    Ah it's more about his narcissistic bullshit.

It's a team game. CR7 doesn't seem to get that.

Comment

33 efforts at goal in this tournament.

2 goals.

Wow.
                                                                                                                      15 seasons, 673 appearances & 487 goals at the top end of the game

Wow

Comment

Ah it's more about his narcissistic bullshit.

It's a team game. CR7 doesn't seem to get that.
                                                                                                                        The best at anything are a little narcissistic, they have to be to be there. He just doesn't bother hiding it.

Comment

If he's the best player in the world (as he obviously thinks himself to be), he should be dominating these games and dragging his team to victory.

Zidane did it, Maradona did it, Messi did it.

CR7 is more concerned with how he looks in his underpants.

Note he just missed that sitter too.
                                                                                                                          Sitter was saved (semantics)

Best player in the world is a different debate. Your point is he is doing nothing in big games. Not correct.

pray for Doughie.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X