This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Going to take on a December run challenge to try and get out and run 30 minutes every day for the month.
    I have only been running 2 - 3 times a week but usually for over an hour , not sure if its doable for me but I'm going to give it a spin.
    Got this going fairly smoothly so far, half way through it and 100K on the clock.
    Loads of foam rolling and massaging the glutes with a cricket ball is keeping the legs feeling good. Except for the effort of getting of my arse and doing it it feels a good bit easier two and a half weeks of running 6K each day doing a few longer runs each week.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

this has prob been posted before but this is one of the many reasons I wouldnt watch a poker channel on twitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffz65Ci6NPA

same guy playing live - a few here could relate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPuKggAiR0

Comment

Mellor, Is farting a vauable tool in the ol wrestling. I for one have submitted on many occasions during sibling wrestling matches when the ol egg sambos are let off. It's the ultimate weapon imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Injuring your opponent isn't the only way to win. ... but it's a little insulting to suggest that I'm either lying about, or unaware of, my intentions.
          Obviously we have different ideas of what the word injure means then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            I completely understand that view. My dad was the same at one point.
            Ah Jasus Mellor, would you not let it die for a while. I've probably watched about 90 seconds of MMA so far, and am certain it's not for me. It was only the 'gay' jibes that even got me to watch that much.

Pretty sure SP is mostly being devils advocate on this, as on most things.
            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 16-12-15, 23:03.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                I agree, the MMA stuff is crowding out our ability to talk about rent CERTAINTY
                Messed up any discussion of slapping kids too
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

How could you slap a kid though? What a horrific thought - that you can do to a kid that which you would be arrested for if you did to an adult! Thankfully we were the last generation to experience it. I'll still look resentfully at my mother over Christmas dinner though, as every year.
                    Scanger kid - Fucccck oooof
                    Mudder - SLAP
                    SK - I'm reporrrting you to the garrrda Sioncooooonrna
                    Mudder - Go ahead you little bollix - SLAP
                    Judge - FML

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Wife had issues too, the thing kept getting stuck in a reboot loop, could be stored but would reoccur and the gap between instances kept getting shorter and now the child gets it to shut him up.
                      Mine had the reboot loop problem. Eventually it was sent away and battery replaced and no problems since. The last thing I thought was causing all mny problems was the battery.

Comment

How could you slap a kid though? What a horrific thought - that you can do to a kid that which you would be arrested for if you did to an adult! Thankfully we were the last generation to experience it. I'll still look resentfully at my mother over Christmas dinner though, as every year.
                        The Irish mammies seem to be a brutal lot. None of us got the type of beatings yoiu guys seem to have got. The odd slap on the bum was it. Nothing that would make me resent my mum.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                            did it take 10 goes to finally convince him?
                            Ten different times, different guys, some guys were maybe repeats though

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                            Mellor, Is farting a vauable tool in the ol wrestling. I for one have submitted on many occasions during sibling wrestling matches when the ol egg sambos are let off. It's the ultimate weapon imo
                            I'd be lying if I said I haven't heard a air bomb being squeeze out when pressuring on somebody stomach.

Obviously we have different ideas of what the word injure means then.
                            None of them were ever injured. I've no idea what "idea" you have in your head.
                            Do you consider Judo in the Olympics to be an attempt to injure?

TBH, I'm happy to drop it. As Collie said, your playing devils advocate or being obtuse for the sake of it.

@Hitch
                            TIL ad hominem is a dodgy argument criticism
                            I think he means, it's a just a criticism and not an actual argument.

In that ad hominem approach is only dismissing the argument. Basically saying you aren't going to waste your time with poor source. It's not actually refuting any aspect of it. If it's genuinely a false argument, then the fact of that can be dismantled regardless of source.

But it's clearly a valid choice.
                            For example. That Brennans bread funded research stating bread in a good source of protein, or a Coca-Cola funded softdrink study. Not worth the effort.

Comment

You are making it sound like a little slap is the same as a closed fist punch.

If you gave an adult relation a little tap on the back of the legs you wouldn't get arrested.

You're as bad as SP for the exaggerations at times.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    this has prob been posted before but this is one of the many reasons I wouldnt watch a poker channel on twitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffz65Ci6NPA
                                    You'll find that not 1 single channel that has more than about 5 viewers is in any way remotely like that clown! There's some really good players with varying degrees of success and annoyance (e.g Elky!) that twitch regularly! I watched Jaime Staples Final table the Sunday Warm Up, Big $109 and Nightly $162 for combined cashes of about $33k in the space of a week and Assassinato shipped €12k the same week. He's a nutjob but charges $200 an hour for coaching and once you got over all the bravado, he's a class player. Plenty of other top players too, with jcarver being the most popular pro player that does it (in terms of viewers)

Most people would rather watch paint dry than twitch, but if i'm playing a session or doing a bit of work and there's nothing on the box, i'll fire up twitch and see if anyone decent is on it. I'll bump into a lot of them at the same tables while they're twitching so it's also interesting to hear their thoughts on you and see what they had in certain spots against you. I like it

Comment

Got this going fairly smoothly so far, half way through it and 100K on the clock.
                                      Loads of foam rolling and massaging the glutes with a cricket ball is keeping the legs feeling good. Except for the effort of getting of my arse and doing it it feels a good bit easier two and a half weeks of running 6K each day doing a few longer runs each week.
                                      I have been jumping in and out of the C25K program for the last year and a half, i get as far as the 8min runs and fall back off the wagon for a few weeks, rinse and repeat.

last Friday i ran the 5KM, the longest distance i have ran since i learned to walk.

33mins on a treadmill, next goal is sub 30min.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I got my share of slaps as a kid, but nothing that really hurt, mostly just stopped me doing what I got slapped for. There was certainly no resentment then or now to my mother.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The bold part highlights the issue with any discussion. Everyone bases their view of a "slap" on their own experiences. The people who don't have an issue with are likely thinking of a light smack on the ass. If you genuinely think a "slap" on an adult would get you arrested, then you were probably a victim of child abuse.

IMO there's nothing massive wrong with a light slap on the ass. It's the threat/fear of a slap that's a deterrent, not the actual slap. But no doubt some kids where wholloped. Beating children was always illegal. The recent change hasn't altered that. However, if the change prevents parents beating the shit out of their kids under the guise of "it's just a slap", then it's a worthwhile loss imo.

Sadly, that probably won't happen. And the only ones who'll stop doing it are the ones where weren't doing any harm.
                                              Last edited by Mellor; 16-12-15, 23:55.

Comment

Comment

I actually had to not go to school for two weeks due to my mother hitting me in in the head with a sweeping brush and waiting for the scar to kinda-heal. But talking to people in school afterwards that type of stuff wasn't too uncommon.
                                                  Ah ffs, i had forgotten getting a belt of the toilet brush and getting a few stitches after leaving skid makrs on the bowl. Bury those feelings deep boy...
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

There is a ridic amount of people, including a lot I work with, who have no time for their parents though. A girl i had lunch with today was saying as much. What a horrible outcome to your 18+ years of taking care of someone.
                                                        Well to balance that out, I know of almost no one who has complained of that type of thing, not that it often comes up in conversation.

Obviously anyone who gives a child more than a little smack on occasion is wrong, and I know there are lots of parents out there who do that and I hope that they can actually be prosecuted now.

Comment

Was i the only one hoping the other guy had pocket 9's in the video BubbleKing posted? Fucking running round the room like. Least now i know what the cunce are doing when I'm being slow rolled

Comment

Mellor these nightly recaps of yours are full of good sense!

Are you still with that girl you had the problem with a while ago or moved on? All working out well?
                                                            Yeah still together. Sorted out for the most part, always the danger that a drunken bender with dig up those hatchets., It's easy to be sensible at 11am on a Thursday. Less so at 4am on Saturday night.

Comment

jayz, some of you guys were not just slapped ye were battered. I got nothing resembling that kind of thing . I guess da mudder saw us bashing each other and thought
                                                              let them get on with it I've work to do. If something dodgy was done (eg eating the bit o kipper left in the fridge for her supper) and she didn't know who the culprit was. It was slaps all round, mere clatters that only hurt if they caught your ear (that ringing) or a stray finger got in your eye. I was ratted on many times and had to use my skill and judgement to deflect the accusation back on the accuser resulting in slaps all round again.

Nothing soothes the pain of a clatter better than knowing you took one of the rats down with you. (worth it for a kipper). As for resentment. To a man/woman we think she was a headcase and she is/was idolised so perhaps she did ok. Ironic thing is , if anyone one of us slapped one of her grandkids, she'd slap the lots of us again.

Comment

Google Beethoven doodle.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                  jayz, some of you guys were not just slapped ye were battered. I got nothing resembling that kind of thing . I guess da mudder saw us bashing each other and thought
                                                                  let them get on with it I've work to do. If something dodgy was done (eg eating the bit o kipper left in the fridge for her supper) and she didn't know who the culprit was. It was slaps all round, mere clatters that only hurt if they caught your ear (that ringing) or a stray finger got in your eye. I was ratted on many times and had to use my skill and judgement to deflect the accusation back on the accuser resulting in slaps all round again.

Nothing soothes the pain of a clatter better than knowing you took one of the rats down with you. (worth it for a kipper). As for resentment. To a man/woman we think she was a headcase and she is/was idolised so perhaps she did ok. Ironic thing is , if anyone one of us slapped one of her grandkids, she'd slap the lots of us again.
                                                                  My mother wouldn't even think about slapping any of her grandkids. Well, they are all bigger than her now, but the point stands.

Comment

Ask BubbleKing about the horror we endured in school.

If I ever see any of the ginger cunce who inflicted these torturous punishments on us I will murder them on the spot with pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      @fellow cat people,
                                                                      Are those toys with cat nip inside them a wee bit cruel?
                                                                      Last night Ghost () spent an increasingly frustrated 2 hours trying to bite her way through the exterior to get to the cat heroin inside, seems almost unfair that's it a game the cat can't win.

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                      Is there really only 4 pubs in Greystones?

SPOILER

a wee bit too big and too lazy to resize
                                                                      Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      Best place to buy and sell shares for a complete noob?
                                                                      Pokerpiper recommended degrio iirc, got a hot tip there m8?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

oh yea, regarding the pubs, has that place just got 1 or 2 pubs and is fucking small? less impressed by that. Town where I grew up had 26 pubs and maybe a population of 4-5k at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          Ah ffs, i had forgotten getting a belt of the toilet brush and getting a few stitches after leaving skid makrs on the bowl. Bury those feelings deep boy...
                                                                          Didn't bother making my bed one morning before heading out to school. Came home to find the entire bed, mattress and contents of my wardrobe at the bottom of the stairs. Never a dull moment lol.

Comment

Got whacked with a stick as well as slapped as a kid at home. At school from teachers I had blackboard dusters threw at me, caned, head banged off desk and locked in room and whipped with a tv flex as well as usual caning and ruler sideways on the knuckles.

Did me no harm but only slapped one of my kids once and when I was about to do it on another occasion I saw terror and fear in their face and I stopped and felt soo bad and never done it since.

Do feel that if you have to resort to violence you have lost control. Withdrawing of privileges such as TV, computers and chores etc is best. Have had defiance but calmly removing these items when they at school and insisting on compliance to house rules does work.

My kids will never forget my motto of 'MR D' ........Manners, Respect and Do as you are told.

Would never judge anyone else how they raise/ bring up their kids but for me I dont want to see that fear of me from my kids ever again.

Comment

awesome.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

awesome.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

There's a monkey sanctuary in Wicklow.

Wicklow is the best county.

Comment

its the best w county be far

Comment

What is the bbv verdict on this nutribullet lark? Does smushing things to a pulp detract from the nutritional value?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                        anybody been to Lisbon? Is it ok for a long weekend? Or is there a little town nearby lisbon that would be better? If not there then where else?
                                                                                        Yes, it's very nice and ideal for a weekend. Good food and nightlife.

Go to Porto instead though and tell.me about it.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            anybody been to Lisbon? Is it ok for a long weekend? Or is there a little town nearby lisbon that would be better? If not there then where else?
                                                                                            Enjoyed Lisbon - can't recommend this http://lisboaautentica.com/en/passei...ronomic-lisbon highly enough. Fantastic evening walking about the town eating a drinking. Probably not the ideal thing if you have someone in the group who is not an open minded diner though.

Comment

OK, even after factory reset phone is being a twat, so OP2 ordered. What are the best USB type c adapters or cables to get that don't cost a fortune or are unsafe? I like having plenty of charging options.

Comment

That Beethoven thing was great.

Was walking around town last night jsut have a walk and look at all the lights etc, saw the spire is a lightsabre for the star wars release and snapped a pic. Was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  OK, even after factory reset phone is being a twat, so OP2 ordered. What are the best USB type c adapters or cables to get that don't cost a fortune or are unsafe? I like having plenty of charging options.
                                                                                                  other charging option: for my LG G4, i bought a QI sticker (£1.5) and a QI charger (£2). works great!

Comment

So the bbv consensus seems to be a yes vote for Lisbon.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Comment

Anyone seen the Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          Yeah, found it to be quite a relaxing city. Lots of great food, it's cheap and the local beer is light and easy to drink.

We tend to walk a lot so it was great for that and has a good metro system. We stayed on the water in alfama which is the historic old district full of alleyways and annoying cruise ship walking tours

Comment

I for one say NO to lisbon.

Comment

Lisbon - Elephanto Blanco Club

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                I for one say NO to lisbon.
                                                                                                                But if asked again might you say yes?
                                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Mathematicians are awesome

Shinichi Mochizuki may have come up with a vital mathematical result – but despite a workshop dedicated to it last week, hardly anyone can grasp it

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Can I use it to go get a Star Bar instead?
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                      But if asked again might you say yes?
                                                                                                                      Oh well now that I think about it YES!!

Comment

it's still a new market.
                                                                                                                        I just ordered a few from amazon about a fiver each

Comment

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X