X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Vardy does what he wants.

Comment

Ridiculous amount of dead wood in this Chelsea side.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Will swap squads with you ��

And managers too come to think of it

And sure, might as well go the whole hog and swap owners while we're at it!
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Seemed like Hazard just didn't want to play. It's hard to imagine he was injured. Do you honestly think Mourinho will still be manager there at the start of next season? It seems like the players don't want to play for him, or some players at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            At least Trippie played curling unlike us other vicious beasts who enjoy the brush sweeping technique from our armchairs
            I can't recommend it enough. If you ever get the chance it's well worth the time and money. Immense pleasure to be derived from curling the last rock into the house stopping your opponent scoring big.

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
            I genuinely would be more concerned for the long term health of a child of mine pursuing Rugby than MMA as a hobby/profession.
            This. I saw two players in school paralysed and have had countless serious injuries in the last few years. Shameless brag though i'm off to work for the Crusaders end of January.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gavin O'Rourke still in also - €921,540 up top for the win!
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Buh Bye Jose

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                    Will swap squads with you ��

And managers too come to think of it

And sure, might as well go the whole hog and swap owners while we're at it!
                    No ty, a new manager and re-energised players and we will be the better club again.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Seemed like Hazard just didn't want to play. It's hard to imagine he was injured. Do you honestly think Mourinho will still be manager there at the start of next season? It seems like the players don't want to play for him, or some players at least.
                    Players won't play for him tonight. It's shocking how childish this performance is. Half hearted shite. He's gone in the morning I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Jamie Vardy does what he wants.
                      And Mahrez it seems

Comment

If Mourinho gets sacked Chelsea fans will just be calling for him again once they see him win a few trophies somewhere else and they've gone through 2 more mangers in 3 years (they'll more than likely win something during that time as well).

Concentrate on the cups and let him clean house in the summer, he can start doing it in January. Or can he actually only do it at a club for a few seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                          If Mourinho gets sacked Chelsea fans will just be calling for him again once they see him win a few trophies somewhere else and they've gone through 2 more mangers in 3 years (they'll more than likely win something during that time as well).

Concentrate on the cups and let him clean house in the summer, he can start doing it in January. Or can he actually only do it at a club for a few seasons?
                          Have to get the players motivated and playing well again in a new regime, then we can keep the better ones and get more money for the tools who need to be moved on.

His time is up unless he radically changed his tactics from tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Aussie politician sent out the cutest ever family Christmas card

All the parents here can, or soon will, identify with this, I certainly have a few along these lines

SPOILER
                            You can just imagine the 30 mins of pleading, shouting , begging and bribing that preceded the ah fuck it just take the photo mate.

Comment

Have to get the players motivated and playing well again in a new regime, then we can keep the better ones and get more money for the tools who need to be moved on.

His time is up unless he radically changed his tactics from tomorrow.
                              Who's gettable at the moment, will Ancelotti go back?
                              Would they be crazy enough to let Terry have a crack at it?

Comment

Aussie politician sent out the cutest ever family Christmas card

All the parents here can, or soon will, identify with this, I certainly have a few along these lines

SPOILER
                                That's our youngest for sure. She likes doing a selfie but don't dare ask for a family photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                  Who's gettable at the moment, will Ancelotti go back?
                                  Would they be crazy enough to let Terry have a crack at it?
                                  Try get Ancelotti or Hiddink til end of the season. No chance they would let Terry do it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Newbie & Flushdraw would love Mauritius. Theres a village called Arsenal with a lot of places painted red and Arsenal jerseys & gunners logo everywhere. Passed through it and thought i was seeing things.
                                    Spent my honeymoon in Mauritius, didnt see this place though. did they have the lobster as an extra or did it come with the all-inclusive deal?
                                    Last edited by newbie2; 14-12-15, 21:40.

Comment

In the space of a 1-2 miles . 1st guy does a 3 lane last minute dash for the M50 South at the Red Cow in front of traffic. Car behind screeched to avoid collision. Further down at the long mile road/N7 lights some cunt in his white car/van drives through a mature red light (ie red for a few seconds ) and nearly hits a cyclist, then further down at the Star another dope was driving on the path with the arse of his car halfway out blocking the traffic. None of these incidents involved my car but it was like they were putting on a show for me tonight. They shouldn't do any more drink driving adverts. There should be a 'Don't drive like a fucking idiot' advert. A copper would have claimed his penalty point targets for the quarter tonight.

PS. LOL CHelski, shower of cunts

Comment

Comment

Was in a shop buying something earlier, and some oulwan in front of me was buying 2 x dog biscuits that came to €3.98. She asked if they do cashback, and was told yes, but it will cost 25c because her transaction was under €10.

She pulls a medal for her dog out of her bag and says she bought it this morning, can she use that to bring the price up lol.

She asks the girl if she can wait while she goes and finds something else to bring it up to the price. She comes back after about 60 seconds with 1 more dog biscuit, and is told that it's still not enough and she'll still be charged! She then thinks for about 20 seconds and asks her to take for 8 of the dog biscuits (the girl says 6 will do...) which brings it up to €11.94 and she got to save the 25c.

There's about 10 people in the queue now and she says to the girl 'I hope my dog likes these this time because she didn't last time'

Comment

Mauritius is probably majority Hindu with a lot of Christians and I'd expect a small minority Muslim population.
                                            Fairly sure the banks at least close for Christmas holidays there.
                                            Quite a lot of Muslims there actually. Had to go a few times for work.

I had a Muslim driver on one trip, we got on well and he invited me to his house for tea. The wife rolls out in the full headgear and he introduces me - "this is my wife X, this is my friend from Ireland Mr Raoul". Without thinking, I stuck out the hand and said 'howarya'. She dissolved into giggles and fled the scene, never to be seen again. He gently explained to me that any inter-sex touching was seriously verboten and I was lucky her brothers weren't there.

Quare folk. Damn hot place. Nice beaches. Spicy food. The expats living there couldn't wait to get out.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

WP LOL. if someone could resize please.

Last edited by 6starpool; 14-12-15, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                How's the donating going tonight?
                                                Chipleader...and Chris pike to my right
                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

@solks horse called Clyne won today 2/1. presume you had the xmas bonus on it! !

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                    @solks horse called Clyne won today 2/1. presume you had the xmas bonus on it! !
                                                    I am without employment at the moment due to a paternal development in my life. Maybe next year if the horise is not in a kebab shop with Jennies Jewel (ooops too far ?)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      I am without employment at the moment due to a paternal development in my life. Maybe next year if the horise is not in a kebab shop with Jennies Jewel (ooops too far ?)
                                                      We should start an early morning poker club. Play for nappies and drink gripe water. Plenty about here.

Comment

We should start an early morning poker club. Play for nappies and drink gripe water. Plenty about here.
                                                        Gripe water went to shite, when they removed the alcohol imo
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

How ya holding up there big guy ?

Comment

Bunglecunt

Comment

mad cunce

Companies in South Korea are getting their staff to take part in their own pretend funerals to make them appreciate life.
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Asians are 100% an alien race that's a close relative to humans that got here and fucked up so were stuck.

Comment

Africa or GTFO

Can African cuisine become the next craze in London and Paris? The BBC's Peter Okwoche has been testing its appeal.

Like this post to commit to a 4 figure buyin.
                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Last Call for interested parties in the DFS investment proposition.
                                                                    Executive Summary available for interested parties. CEO appointed.
                                                                    EI will match what we raise. New York Angel investors on board.

Pitching for further round of investment at ICE 2016.

Whatever your opinion of me you really shouldn't miss the boat...

Comment

Catching up with The Simpsons there. Good episode.

Comment

Both sides of the violent sports argument have merit. On one side the competitors are willing participants and there are many things to admire about the training and skill required, on the other hand in this modern mostly post violence era, a sport where the objective is to injure your opponent is ethically dubious at best. What is certainly outrageous however is a lack of understanding and empathy for someone else points of view. Some of the posts on both sides were really painfully ignorant IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                          coffin ritual and fake laughter... yeah they're definitely killing themselves soon.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Catching up with The Simpsons there. Good episode.

Lol, any investment from IPB would be a very small, token investment. I really don't think you're in a position to comment.

Comment

Love this gif

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                ... a sport where the objective is to injure your opponent is ethically dubious at best.
                                                                                This is a common argument, but it's not based in reality. Injuring your opponent is not an objective. Ideally it's a clean knockout stoppage or submission. There's no benefit to injuring someone in the process imo. Injurys do happen of course, as they do in all contact sports.
                                                                                A situation where somebody might intentional try to injury someone is possible. but such fighters are generally shunned from the sport. And prob no more common so than similar instanced any other sport where.

Comment

Thought something was off with my laptop since it has never gone to sleep mode since I got it, 20 minutes going through settings and it doesn't hibernate until 360 minutes of inactivity!!! As if anyone could sleep for that long straight!
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Emergency nurses successfully bribed before the GE.Cue every PS union demanding the same.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      This is a common argument, but it's not based in reality. Injuring your opponent is not an objective. Ideally it's a clean knockout stoppage or submission. There's no benefit to injuring someone in the process imo. Injurys do happen of course, as they do in all contact sports.
                                                                                      A situation where somebody might intentional try to injury someone is possible. but such fighters are generally shunned from the sport. And prob no more common so than similar instanced any other sport where.
                                                                                      Only problem with your point here is that a 'clean knockout' is an injury. And the objective is to injure someone enough so that they can't fight on. If you open a cut on the face, you would target that area as it's a weak point and will hurt more or whatever. That's an injury too you know. That's intentionally trying to injure someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Emergency nurses successfully bribed before the GE.Cue every PS union demanding the same.
                                                                                        Fair play to Doran, the only thing they needed to do to solve the whole over stressed understaffed ED crisis was to give the nurses two more days holidays ... genius
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

From the weekends fights:

The point is that the above behaviour is absolutely abhorrent in every situation imaginable, it is precisely the type of activity that as a race we are trying to remove from daily life, but here it is celebrated. Arguing that Rockhold is not trying to actually injure Weidman here is really making a far fetched leap of semantic logic. He is pounding a fellow humans face with his fists. Whatever your personal opinion on the subject is, holding the belief that this is not something to be celebrated should be respected, and not dismissed as some sort of wacky luddite drool.

Edit, I appear to be the luddite as I can't embed that video

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                            I genuinely would be more concerned for the long term health of a child of mine pursuing Rugby than MMA as a hobby/profession.
                                                                                            Can someone explain the reasons for this?
                                                                                            I played rugby for over 20 years and was lucky maybe with injuries only 2 concussions
                                                                                            one off my own man.
                                                                                            Im thinking if i done mma for the same length id have a lot worse injuries.

In rugby your goal is to score points not knock out the other guys though physically dominating opponents does have a part.
                                                                                            Mma sometimes fighters dislocate others joints break arms if they wont submit when in a hold which is pretty disgusting.
                                                                                            Flying knees and elbowing someone unconscious is also pretty horrible.

Comment

Injuring your opponent is not an objective. I.
                                                                                              LOL, and to think I was taking you seriously

Comment

Any recommendations for a quality office chair? Happy to spend a few quid on something decent if its value
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Will need to do quite a bit of research into this, but my wife now has her contract for her fintech data scientist position. The job will probably last about two years before the startup either burns through its cash and closes or, hopefully, from a share option perspective, makes a trade sale exit.

All her IT skills are self-learned through her PhD; initially Python and now some of the more modern languages.

What would be her best approach to get some formal recognition / certification of her skills, as she'll probably need this to get a decent position afterwards? I guess simply having a PhD which uses the languages and a presumably glowing reference won't actually be sufficient, if she hasn't even done an IT undergrad.
                                                                                                      DCU introduced an MSc in Big Data this year. Others will follow soon enough. I'm planning on doing the course at some point.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Surely injuring opponents is part of most sports, players are targeted all the time in gaa, rugby, NFL etc.

The ground and pound element of mma has always made me a bit uncomfortable, how rockhold weidman fight wasn't stopped earlier on sat night is beyond me. Jacare fight could also have been stopped at end of first. If refs won't step in to stop fights after 'enough' punishment then maybe it shouldn't be part of the sport

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                          Any recommendations for a quality office chair? Happy to spend a few quid on something decent if its value
                                                                                                          Depends how much you want to spend, I' sitting in a herman miller aeron which would cost over a grand I imagine (some places here sell them second hand I think online, they would be much cheaper) and that's as good as it gets. On the other end of the spectrum i have this and it's perfectly good for €69 http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/c...-art-20196812/

Will need to do quite a bit of research into this, but my wife now has her contract for her fintech data scientist position. The job will probably last about two years before the startup either burns through its cash and closes or, hopefully, from a share option perspective, makes a trade sale exit.

All her IT skills are self-learned through her PhD; initially Python and now some of the more modern languages.

What would be her best approach to get some formal recognition / certification of her skills, as she'll probably need this to get a decent position afterwards? I guess simply having a PhD which uses the languages and a presumably glowing reference won't actually be sufficient, if she hasn't even done an IT undergrad.
                                                                                                          Don't know if there are any certifications that matter really, the SCJP etc for java are the only ones that come to mind. She should try and get good at open or two of the languages she is working in, experience and demonstration of projects suing the code will be good. The main way people show off their skills otherwise is a portfolio of personal projects on github (I don't because fuck coding outside of work), phd might help more than you imagine if there is a lot of coding.

Comment

Fight and flight are an essential part of our makeup. Why do fights break out every day in offices, schools, pubs and streets round the world? The drive to fight in us, like the wasps sting, is by design, indisputable.

However we a much smarter than Mr. Wasp. We can recognise the triggers and control the urge to violence. This process is complex involving lots of juices and synapse. Resulting behaviour is unpredictable and subject moral debate, sometimes self-control other times self-abandon. Safe, respectful, stable, nurturing relationships and environments through childhood can lead to ‘good results’ here.

Sporting competition is a hallmark of civilisation and freedom. It can be a controllable release valve for aggression and fight. Sport is dangerous. Boxing ranks behind horseback riding, cheerleading, gymnastics, American football, hockey and others in terms of how dangerous it is to participants. I gather MMA is safer to the participant than all of these. Participants appreciate the dangers associated with their sports going in, whether it’s a bad tackle, a fall from a trampoline or getting pounded on the ground.

Fans respect how difficult it is to achieve excellence in a sport. They celebrate the climax of the contest with shouts, cheers and fist pumps. Photos of soccer, MMA, GAA, motor racing, horse racing, insert sport here fans in ecstasy would all look pretty much the same.

Watching an MMA champion excel against a worthy opponent, considering all the work and talent that goes with it, is naturally celebrated.

Watching some guy getting his head kicked in on the street is naturally sickening.

We should not deny or be afraid of what we are.
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Boxing less dangerous than cheer leading don't care what stats you show that's rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                On the subject of Office Chairs, anyone remember the FreedMan Chair from KickStarter?

Looks like it was defective, and investors / customers / people have been dicked over as deemed to be unsecured creditors.

Interesting article on Kickstarter start fuck ups here - http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...mment-63591775

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                  Can someone explain the reasons for this?
                                                                                                                  I played rugby for over 20 years and was lucky maybe with injuries only 2 concussions
                                                                                                                  one off my own man.
                                                                                                                  Im thinking if i done mma for the same length id have a lot worse injuries.

In rugby your goal is to score points not knock out the other guys though physically dominating opponents does have a part.
                                                                                                                  MMA sometimes fighters dislocate others joints break arms if they wont submit when in a hold which is pretty disgusting.
                                                                                                                  Flying knees and elbowing someone unconscious is also pretty horrible.
                                                                                                                  Probably a view formed from personal experience more than any sounds statistical evidence tbh. Have had a close friend suffer sever back and neck injuries from the sport,he was extremely lucky not to be paralysed,whilst a colleague of mines brother wasn't as lucky and ended up with a permanent disability as a result of neck injuries sustained whilst playing amateur rugby.I don't think anyone can argue its not a pretty severe sport on the body and particularly at the more competitive levels, the toll its taking on some professional players will only be evident in years to come IMO.

Im not an expert on MMA by any means but most martial arts teach ways to defend yourself and evade attack etc. That said i just watched that link from HJ there and that is pretty savage, doesn't sit well with me watching that.

Comment

Nothing I've ever seen in MMA is worse than what Calum Clark did imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Nothing I've ever seen in MMA is worse than what Calum Clark did imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxfOcZrxuHU
                                                                                                                      Remember that and instead of winning the match he got 32 weeks suspension should have been way more. It's a fairly isolated incident of violent dangerous play.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                        Surely injuring opponents is part of most sports, players are targeted all the time in gaa, rugby, NFL etc.
                                                                                                                        getting injured is a part of most physical activities but it is not the point of them and the rules are designed to protect the people involved.

That video HJ linked is shocking, the little bit I watched... was that type pummelling going on long?
                                                                                                                        I don't care what anyone says IMO, anyone who thinks that is something to be enjoyed as a spectator sport is sick in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                          Remember that and instead of winning the match he got 32 weeks suspension should have been way more. It's a fairly isolated incident of violent dangerous play.
                                                                                                                          It wasn't 'dangerous play', it was a horrible cunt being a vicious cunt.

Should've been fucked out of the sport altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X