This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    That plus one of the teachers in the creche who is smoking and seems to inadvertently use the most sexually laden terms. Last week she managed to work in 'its amazing what you can do with a tongue' into the conversation while staring directly at me with a sly grin and licking her lips slowing with her tongue. She keeps doing that type of thing, but i'm 110% certain its just some quirk. Disconcerting though.
    Movie: "From Dusk 'Till Dawn" - pretty much happens like this but just cut out some parts in the middle... makes me LOL, he plays a great character in this r...
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anybody got that ipb beers picture by the Phil lynott statue from two Christmases back? Stick it up or pm cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
          Holy fuxk made a joke post to Ian Poulter on Twitter and he hit me with an excellent comeback, now I'm getting dozens of notifications off lads having a go at me. Some cabbages out there
          That lad dave burned you hard. Did lol at Elephant man head though. wp.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              100% legit and free. Excellent site. The wife learned a few python courses on there and is now doing phenomenally working with startups* through blending that with her PhD topic. Think her courses were taught by Caltech, or some other world top 20 uni. Can imagine it would be much worse if done in an Irish uni, where it would also cost a fortune.

Actually I'm thinking of ditching 'teaching' altogether - telling the students to take one of the courses online (example: the financial theory course taught by this year's Nobel Prize winner in economics which is free ), and then we use class time to work on cases. Traditional teaching can't survive the MOOCs.

*two: so just barely deserving of a plural!
              There's a €40 fee to get a cert at the end of it, which I'm not really interested in, but I do feel a little guilty not ponying up given what I'm getting.

Watched the first few vids just there and already have learned a great deal.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Damn wanna watch that movie again now.

Comment

Who's thicker here? The woman who wrote the essay or all of the people who liked and are commenting supporting her?

3 look like they did nothing wrong here.

Woman's argument against 3 Ireland

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 26-04-15, 00:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Has anyone done a course on it?
                        According to my email search I have done:
                        Game theory
                        Buddhism and modern psychology
                        Soren Kierkegaard - Subjectivity, Irony and the Crisis of Modernity
                        Positive psychology

Though the Buddhism one is the only one I stuck with, where stuck with is watching the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                          Wow $500, doubt if there is a way around it mate.

Did you buy/lease a car in the end, I remember you mentioned you probably wouldn't need on out there.
                          No I didn't, my workplace moved back into downtown LA and I I have only a 10 mins to walk. Unfortunately I also managed to pick up a g/f that lives in the OC so do rent a car every 2nd/3rd weekend for trips away. All in all working well enough...
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                            jaysus times have changed. Chanel's friend and boyfriend just called to collect her in a 151 BMW . I said to her whats yer mans name that drives the beemer, so she gave it to me so i could check on FB. Fine bit of stuff lol only 20. I says to her " maybe time to drop himself and move on to better things "

yum lol

SPOILER
                            jesus wept
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              I'd be just as keen to hear what Buenos Aires is like or has he moved on to somewhere better/different.
                              Well I'll try be brief:

I'm still in Buenos Aires. I've been back an forth from here since 08, and returned here again last August. It's a great city really. I never get bored here. It has pretty much everything I would want. Weather for the most part is nice and warm/hot. I can play football any day of the week, as much as I want. The timezone is perfectly suited to grinding poker, as I can work throughout the day til early evening and still have time to myself/go out and meet friends or whatever. It's a massive city so there are so many options, always new things to check out. It has the best steak in the world(imo). At the very least the best in terms of your average steak is amazing. It's a little lacking in terms of international cuisine, but there are still some very good options here. Nightlife again is full of different options, depending on what you fancy. It has gotten a lot more expensive over the years, but for an expat you can still live very well here on a small amount of money. Also Buenos Aires is definitely up there, if not the best when it comes to women. Like the average here would probably be a stunner in Ireland. Very easy to get around the city too, especially all the areas I would be going to. Buses/subway are like 30c a journey, and a taxi would set you back a few euros on average. And there's a fuckton of all forms of transport.

As for poker, well since I came back here, in the last 5ish months, I have been focusing entirely on HU NL. I've been working to improve my productivity and get the most out of my time while grinding. The thing is since I have moved to HU, it involves sitting and waiting on tables across a range of limits(currently from 100nl up to 600nl) on a tonne of sites. Whilst I would mostly try and play fish, I have to battle some regs to establish dominance, in order to get the best tables to maximise my hands against the fish.
                              In the couple of years preceding this, my motivation for poker waned substantially, and I was kind of going nowhere. I was very uncertain about whether I should try make a change or try refocus my attention and try refind my love of the game. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I had a spell of poor results, mainly down to lack of work ethic and not putting any time in to studying. So kind of just floated along. Bit of a waste really. I think money came too easily in the years before that, that I kind of expected things to click back but I really had to work at it.

So now I'm putting more hours in than ever, but nowadays in poker if you don't put in the hours you have no chance. I would say 100nl now is tougher than 1knl like 4 years ago. I would also say though in these times, most of the best players have mental game coaches, which wouldn't have been the norm 5 years back. Everyone is a lot more professional about the game now, and that's probably the biggest thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                @Hitch, have you watched any of this years 'Louie'? I'm still loving it, though finding twenty minutes way too short. Also, are people still watching 'Mad Men'? Think I lost interest more than a year ago, though I will watch the last few.
                                New season (bar first episode) is fantastic, slightly biased though as I never thought it weakened as a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Just discovered Coursera via StumbleUpon.

Has anyone done a course on it?

Signed up for a six week course on music production. Just bought a home studio set up, usb interface and mic but have no real clue how to get the best use of DAW software. Have Pro Tools 10 and Ableton which was bundled with the interface, there's a myriad of features that I'm eager to learn about, this course is exactly what I'm looking for.

Is there a catch? Is it totally free?
                                  Never used it but just had a look through some of the courses. This one in particular is by a highly respected lecturer in the field I work in, so I'd be very confident that it's a good site. I see quite a few other courses I like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Anybody got that ipb beers picture by the Phil lynott statue from two Christmases back? Stick it up or pm cheers
                                    I've posted it in this thread before if you want to go searching.
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                      I've posted it in this thread before if you want to go searching.
                                      Cool cheers, found it.

Comment

Is there a quick way in cmd or elsewhere to view the IP addresses of all devices on the network?
                                        Actually thinking it that might not work, i set up a second router but after a factory reset I can't access it through its default port and it's broadcasting a broadcom ssid that I can't access either.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Is there a quick way in cmd or elsewhere to view the IP addresses of all devices on the network?
                                          Actually thinking it that might not work, i set up a second router but after a factory reset I can't access it through its default port and it's broadcasting a broadcom ssid that I can't access either.
                                          Try "ipconfig /all" in cmd console. Not sure it will help though, as you say.

Edit: Actually on a re-read, "ipconfig /all" probably doesn't even do what you need either.

Comment

I learnt something new today. Pulling out and sticking in HDMI leads with a TV with both it and output device turned on is something you're not supposed to do. Something for me to ponder on the way to the shop to buy a new TV. Broke the only HDMI port on an (old) TV due to recently switching connections between media box and tablet in this fashion.

We need new kinds of fairy stories to teach children these sorts of things for the modern world.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                For a list of active clients, download netscan, put in your IP range and it will give you a list of IPs, hostnames and mac addresses. https://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/

If you want to see what device has a DHCP lease (been given an IP address), you need to log on to the router and view it there. Alternatively you may have a server (windows/linux) managing DHCP and giving out the IP addresses

EDIT: Just on the router issue, stick a network cable into it and your pc/laptop. Open cmd and type ipconfig and press enter. The default gateway is the IP of the router. Use that to log in. Google the model of the router and its default admin login.
                                                Last edited by coillcam; 26-04-15, 13:31.

Comment

Oh great, Falcao is on. That's this game over. All aboard the Chelsea bus!

Comment

lolunited

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      lolunited
                                                      Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as lolerpool though.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        Oh great, Falcao is on. That's this game over. All aboard the Chelsea bus!

Comment

Lol defending. Sure don't worry about the man running through. Just stop.

Comment

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as lolerpool though.
                                                            louie van lol

Comment

louie van lol
                                                              lol

Comment

Fabregas 1-0 please.

Comment

Ronnie's not looking strong here
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jesus sat Nav
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

Could come in handy when we're on strike next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                            need a lift fri morn. cunce

Comment

need a lift fri morn. cunce
                                                                              Not unless you have a plane, cos I'll be in the south of France.

Comment

Why are you guys on strike?
                                                                                Fair play im guessing like the teachers you heroic lot have the passengers best interests at heart.

Comment

Don't be a cunt with that I have work them days
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                    Why are you guys on strike?
                                                                                    Fair play im guessing like the teachers you heroic lot have the passengers best interests at heart.
                                                                                    Cos we can.

Comment

Per mertesaker fg
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Was waiting for #9 in harolds cross earlier for 35 minutes with no bus(meant to be every 20) and honestly thought the strike was today and the website just wasn't working.

Dublin Bikes > Dublin Bus imo, just need to buy a new card.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The Trains and the Luas will still be running.

Looks like we'll be off for 2 days

Comment

That is a peno and probably a red.

Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              That is a peno and probably a red.

Standard.
                                                                                              Defo a peno, 100%. Head to cheek too which looks absolutely painful as fuck!!!

First one was a dive though
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Comment

Cos we can.
                                                                                                  Was genuinely interested as i regularly get the bus and seem very often to be the only one who pays many use passes disability etc.
                                                                                                  People CAN do lots of things does not mean its the right thing to do i hope it gets the reaction it deserves off the bus travelling public.

Comment

Jesus Christ.
                                                                                                    Cliffs? Not watching the game.

Comment

People CAN do lots of things does not mean its the right thing to do i hope it gets the reaction it deserves off the bus travelling public.
                                                                                                      Any suggestions? Keen to register my disapproval.
                                                                                                      I have an exam at 9.30am on Friday. Top exam prep ahead.

Comment

Cliffs? Not watching the game.
                                                                                                        We should have had 2 penalties. Oscar knocked out then Fabregas fouled. He books Fabregas.

Arsenal could have had one too just now.

Comment

We should have had 2 penalties. Oscar knocked out then Fabregas fouled. He books Fabregas.

Arsenal could have had one too just now.
                                                                                                          You make it sound so clear cut

None of them were penalties for me (Fabregas being the closest)

Comment

Don't be one of them...

They were clear cut penos. Chelsea should have had 2. Arsenal 1. There is contact right in front of the ref and he bottles it so books Fabregas. It is unreal. Joses fault for making a big deal of it a few months back.

Comment

Jesus christ. I just saw the Oscar one! Shocking. His arms didn't even work after the collision.

Comment

Dives by both players

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                  Dives by both players
                                                                                                                  Yeah, keep never even touched Oscar. Crazy dive

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah, keep never even touched Oscar. Crazy dive
                                                                                                                    If anything it should be a free kick to Ospina, Oscar threw himself at the keepers' fists.

Comment

The Fabregas one was a total dive. Zero reason for him to fall over there.

Comment

Worst thing about the Oscar one is that he was clearly out. Shouldn't be on the pitch.

Comment

Was genuinely interested as i regularly get the bus and seem very often to be the only one who pays many use passes disability etc.
                                                                                                                          Sorry Mick, I wasn't trying to be smart.
                                                                                                                          Basically the Government want to put 10% out to tender. We can tender for these routes too, but if a private operator wins the contract then the drivers will have to move with the route. We want clear assurances from the Government and the NTA on what's going to happen to their terms and conditions and also the pension schemes that they are in.

It's called TUPE. (Transfer of Undertakings and Protection of Entitlements ).

Big thread on Boards here http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/94902718

Also see the RTE links below.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X