Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother and his wife got it done in the UK a few years back, said it worked out cheaper for them. Might be worth comparing prices at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
      Dunno if I've asked before but anyone here gotten laser eye surgery before?

Wondering if it is worth the extra ~1500 to go to a proper eye clinic vs a place like eye express etc?
      Like others have said, in my opinion it is all about getting it done with whatever provider makes you feel most comfortable. I used Optical Express and would have nothing but good things to say about them. The reason I used them was my sister had previously used them and my mother had used one of their founding consultants 30 years ago ( pre laser ).

It totally comes down to personal opinion and what makes you feel comfortable. I had it done 2 years ago and would highly recommend it for quality of life.

Comment

Friend of mine, older guy, got it done in Tunisia for 700 quid total about 12 years ago and has been fine since. He's 59 now and still ok

Comment

Is there any miracle cure like laser treatment that replaces reading glasses?

I can see everything else perfectly but need +2 mag for reading any text.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Is there any miracle cure like laser treatment that replaces reading glasses?

I can see everything else perfectly but need +2 mag for reading any text.
            optilase give this:

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What kinda eyesight do you guys have that want it done/got it done?

I don't wear glasses often, need it for the likes of subtitles or reading from afar basically. Still considering getting it done. I see hugely clearer with them but can't be bothered wearing glasses.
              It's less if your eyesight is already at a better starting point?

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              BeardCheck: Day 8 - nope, still nothing of note.

Could I maybe have girly levels of testosterone? How long does it normally take you all to grow a beard to the level that someone would look at it and go 'yep, that's a beard'?

By a week ye should be a hairy man beast I'm afraid. Gonna need beard attempt pix.

Comment

If I want to ask the mods/admins/owners of IPB a question (basically ask for permission to post something), is there a unified mailbox to contact? I'm not even certain of the specific posters to get in touch with (always fuzzy on who's who around here ), but would like to follow whatever procedures are in place.

Comment

I'm -2.75 in both eyes, and have been at this level for ~3 years.
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                    If I want to ask the mods/admins/owners of IPB a question (basically ask for permission to post something), is there a unified mailbox to contact? I'm not even certain of the specific posters to get in touch with (always fuzzy on who's who around here ), but would like to follow whatever procedures are in place.
                    PM Icarus obv.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      myself and Mia ate Spinach for the first time today , dunno what to make of it. very wet and sloppy with no real taste. Mia said it was like seaweed.
                      Here Michelle

Baked Cannelloni

Ingredients

8 cannelloni tubes
                      A few basil leaves, torn
                      2 level tbsps grated Parmesan cheese*

For the Filling:

225g fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
                      225g fat-free natural cottage cheese
                      Freshly grated nutmeg
                      1 egg yolk
                      Salt and ground black pepper

For the Sauce:

425ml passata
                      Pinch of sugar
                      1 garlic clove, crushed
                      Salt and ground black pepper

Method

To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander, pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the liquid.
                      Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
                      Mix the passata, sugar, garlic and seasoning together and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.

Oh and it is 1 syn per serving and is lovely.

Comment

Send on business plan please.

Pm is fine though

Comment

PM me/Kev/Lloyd/Danny or use the contact us link on the homepage, although I'd say only I'd see that.

Comment

I'm only -1.75 need glasses all the time though, don't really mind wearing glasses to be honest but will look into it anyway
                            airport, lol

Comment

There was a debacle recently in the Uk with one of those big chains. The company sold a lifetime support thing as part of the deal, went busto and reformed under a new trading name. People who financed were left paying money for support they couldn't make use of, they had to pay the "New" company to correct stuff they were still paying the old company for.

Went for a consultation years ago in Dublin, i am -9.5 and -10.5 so Mr Magoo would be helping me cross the road without my contacts. The consultant near the end casually mentioned a 93% success rate, KThxBye and give me a call when its up nearer the 99% please.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I have very bad astigmatism and am ineligible for laser eye sugery :-/
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                  There was a debacle recently in the Uk with one of those big chains. The company sold a lifetime support thing as part of the deal, went busto and reformed under a new trading name. People who financed were left paying money for support they couldn't make use of, they had to pay the "New" company to correct stuff they were still paying the old company for.

Went for a consultation years ago in Dublin, i am -9.5 and -10.5 so Mr Magoo would be helping me cross the road without my contacts. The consultant near the end casually mentioned a 93% success rate, KThxBye and give me a call when its up nearer the 99% please.
                                  -10.5 is impressive. Wp.
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    I'm only -1.75 need glasses all the time though, don't really mind wearing glasses to be honest but will look into it anyway
                                    Hmm, I'm -1.0 I think, not sure what the numbers refer to but these minuses seem bad

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Hmm, I'm -1.0 I think, not sure what the numbers refer to but these minuses seem bad
                                      Minus is short sighted. Plus is far sighted.
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

When i was going to opticians as a child, the assistant would give me some frames to try on with clear plastic lenses in them. "Are you happy with how those look Conor?" "How the hell would i know i cant see a thing?!!" swiftly followed by a clip on the ear by mum or dad.
                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Did all you speccy 4-eyes get beaten up a lot as kids?
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            You should probably get your eyes checked. Maybe you just need reading glasses.
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Good for a few laughs
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

grapes can't be healthy can they, they taste too good

I never wore glasses to school, so when I was taking down stuff off the board my notes looked like random words thrown together, my teacher went mad at me
                                                  I'm sure I would have been beaten for being such a nerd if I wasn't full height and weight at like 10-12.
                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-09-14, 13:53.

Comment

I would love to get my eyes fixed but I am an absolute coward.
                                                    I have the problem that I need glasses for TV and driving and when I am on my comp, reading etc I have to remove them.

If I wear contact lenses I have to hold my phone as far away as I can hold just to read the damn thing. So frustrating.

I am -3.00 in both eyes.

Comment

Thumbs up for Hellocanvas.ie, excellent service and quality product. Solves a lot of birthday/Xmas present dilemmas too.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

New €10 yoyo notes out this week

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Good to know. I thought I was getting a weird knock off the first time I got one of the new fivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Good interview with hotspur here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29314400
                                                            He expected a pro yes poll but only ever got 1/4? he should have snaffled the 1/2 that was available

I staggered it in the hope that the odds would improve closer to the time - they didn't. The best I got was 1-4.

Comment

Wheres all the mcgregor hype? Only know its on because of setanta spamming me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Good to know. I thought I was getting a weird knock off the first time I got one of the new fivers.
                                                                First time I used the new fiver in Yo Sushi either me or the cashier commented on it and the woman behind me waiting to pay chimed in that her husband had helped design it. She may just have been giving it the Veronica Vast Vagina.

Comment

only wearing glasses 2 years at most.
                                                                  It was weird though, first time I tried them on, I discovered the world is actually in HD, took a bit of getting used to.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      only wearing glasses 2 years at most.
                                                                      It was weird though, first time I tried them on, I discovered the world is actually in HD, took a bit of getting used to.
                                                                      Haha same as me, when I put them on I just said "and now it comes in HD" or I'd go cycling in my "new HD experience"

It's actually a ridiculous change.

I actually like my kind of blurred vision sometimes, it's quite relaxing compared to HD, however you see and remember things a lot more in HD mode.

Comment

Sometimes you dont need to speak the language to get the message if the song is powerful enough
                                                                        Pretty amazing stuff

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          Who's the lady towards the right of the note? Looks religious, but surely not.
                                                                          Europa
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Reading Europa's wikipedia article - Man, the ancient Greeks really enjoyed kidnapping women. It's lke a hobby of theirs.

he mythographers tell that Zeus was enamored of Europa and decided to seduce or ravish her, the two being near-equivalent in Greek myth. He transformed himself into a tame white bull and mixed in with her father's herds. While Europa and her helpers were gathering flowers, she saw the bull, caressed his flanks, and eventually got onto his back. Zeus took that opportunity and ran to the sea and swam, with her on his back, to the island of Crete. He then revealed his true identity, and Europa became the first queen of Crete. Zeus gave her a necklace made by Hephaestus[20] and three additional gifts: Talos, Laelaps and a javelin that never missed. Zeus later re-created the shape of the white bull in the stars, which is now known as the constellation Taurus. Some readers interpret as manifestations of this same bull the Cretan beast that was encountered by Heracles, the Marathonian Bull slain by Theseus (and that fathered the Minotaur). Roman mythology adopted the tale of the Raptus, also known as "The Abduction of Europa" and "The Seduction of Europa", substituting the god Jupiter for Zeus.
                                                                              Zues was the fucken uber-douchebag. What use does an ancient greek demigoddess have for a javelin that never misses? It's the olde time equivalent of Homer gifting Marge a bowling ball. What a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Wheres all the mcgregor hype? Only know its on because of setanta spamming me.
                                                                                Gutted I likely won't get to watch it before having the result spoiled due to being on holidays. Really strong fight card top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                  New €10 yoyo notes out this week

I'd buy that for a dollar.
                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I think the diagonal letters ruin it.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                      I think the diagonal letters ruin it.
                                                                                      I hate the way they wrote the Italian word for an Astronaut in big grey letters too.

Comment

Anyone else fancy admitting that they have never heard of Europa?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                          I hate the way they wrote the Italian word for an Astronaut in big grey letters too.
                                                                                          Ffs. Those shnaky Italians walking around with their fancy space money
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            Thumbs up for Hellocanvas.ie, excellent service and quality product. Solves a lot of birthday/Xmas present dilemmas too.
                                                                                            Jesus, that is the most positive post you have ever made.

Il have to get one,even though I have no need

Comment

Nah I'll bask in the warm light of a false sense of superiority.
                                                                                              Not like that cold moon Europa anyway.

Comment

Maybe its me but...

My brothers birthday tomorrow so i said id send him some credit for the i-store, i looked for a way to buy an electronic voucher but it seems impossible without having iTunes, feck that.

So, wife has an iPad, logged in through that and selected buy gift cards, all info stuck in and notice it says the credit can only be redeemed in the country it was purchased in.

Apple in 2014 wont allow me to send store credit from Ireland to Australia, never came across something so utterly ridicules.

Again, maybe its just me.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                  Anyone else fancy admitting that they have never heard of Europa?
                                                                                                  I thought it was Champions less talented sister.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Yesterday's wordle

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                      Jesus, that is the most positive post you have ever made.

Il have to get one,even though I have no need

Lol, do I come across negative?
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        Lol, do I come across negative?
                                                                                                        Quite counter positive language there dude.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                          Yesterday's wordle

nice,you using wordle itself or one of the new custom ones?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            nice,you using wordle itself or one of the new custom ones?
                                                                                                            Used wordle, only heard of it today (IN COLLEGE).
                                                                                                            I had to delete a pile of the main words as they were stuff like 'quote, thanks, join, avatar' etc, probably still a few lurking in there. I'm sure some bright spark could create something to just grab the correct content.

Comment

This is amazing, Nordie rage starts young

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                Good interview with hotspur here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29314400
                                                                                                                Crazy he was layed that amount, have my doubts that it's real. I could get only get peanuts on.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                  Yesterday's wordle
                                                                                                                  Go back and paste every post minus usernames and signatures in BBV into it. This is shoddy work. Btw threw in your posts in BBV over last 2 days, here is yours:

Now if a good 6 months of data were in there I presume tea would be the biggest word. But what of others? Here is a fiendishly difficult game, match the poster and word...

Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  CHD
                                                                                                                  MDoug
                                                                                                                  Rasta
                                                                                                                  VforVendetta

Chelsea
                                                                                                                  Tie
                                                                                                                  Bet
                                                                                                                  Steak
                                                                                                                  *____*

Comment

Anyone here know of a pub in Irishtown with a pool table or two? Heading there shortly but have an hour to kill so wouldn't mind a nice new pub and pool

edit: found one called oil can harry's, will be going there unless a better suggestion comes in
                                                                                                                    Last edited by mdoug; 23-09-14, 17:33.
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      Go back and paste every post minus usernames and signatures in BBV into it. This is shoddy work. Btw threw in your posts in BBV over last 2 days, here is yours:

Now if a good 6 months of data were in there I presume tea would be the biggest word. But what of others? Here is a fiendishly difficult game, match the poster and word...

Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      CHD
                                                                                                                      MDoug
                                                                                                                      Rasta
                                                                                                                      VforVendetta

Chelsea
                                                                                                                      Tie
                                                                                                                      Bet
                                                                                                                      Steak
                                                                                                                      *____*
                                                                                                                      I think people should spoiler their answers for the above.

Comment

Joint venture between myself and Damo: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-intimacy.html

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone here know of a pub in Irishtown with a pool table or two? Heading there shortly but have an hour to kill so wouldn't mind a nice new pub and pool

edit: found one called oil can harry's, will be going there unless a better suggestion comes in
                                                                                                                          Mount Street? Hardly Irishtown?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X