X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Spieth you little divil

Comment

Spieth is class but getting some amount of luck. Back off the tree onto the fairway, hitting the flag,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Oh Spieth you little divil
        Who gave him on here? Had a small interest so hopefully have a sweat on Sunday evening. He can play anyway, regardless of his bit of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Peanut butter
          Do you recommend any particular peanut butter (or make your own)? I've mostly been on lidl mcennedy peanut butter for the last couple of years. I did like Kelkins one, though it was out of stock in my local Tesco for a few months, and I just gave up looking for it.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I see conor mcgregor attended the funeral of some shot dead dub crim this week. All part of the 'game' I guess

Comment

Just finished the Tom Gilmartin book by Frank connelly. Christ

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Was walking home with the kid from the creche the other day and she asked if she could watch Minnie Mouse when we got home. I said we didn't have it, so she goes 'well how about we load it down on the computer?'.

Mad the starting point that kids are beginning with.

Is there some sort of useful pre-coding thing that 3-4 year olds can do, to get them ready for a youth filled with joyful coding? Do realise that coding / coderdojo for kids is a gimmick of the highest order, but still quite like the logic it develops.
                    Scratch is a free programming language and online community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.

Comment

Was walking home with the kid from the creche the other day and she asked if she could watch Minnie Mouse when we got home. I said we didn't have it, so she goes 'well how about we load it down on the computer?'.

Mad the starting point that kids are beginning with.

Is there some sort of useful pre-coding thing that 3-4 year olds can do, to get them ready for a youth filled with joyful coding? Do realise that coding / coderdojo for kids is a gimmick of the highest order, but still quite like the logic it develops.
                      I was just thinking earlier on has any big leap happened in our lifetime that created as much wonder as man flying,man going into space or walking on the moon? Can't think of too many advances like that in my living memory that people will be looking at 50 years later framed on the wall while they are taking a piss. The i-phone? The first tweet? Pffft
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-04-15, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                        Who gave him on here? Had a small interest so hopefully have a sweat on Sunday evening. He can play anyway, regardless of his bit of luck.
                        Do a search on Speith and Solskjaer. Pint of Guinness is all I ask as it was obvious since January. This kid is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          I was just thinking earlier on has any big leap happened in our lifetime that created as much wonder as man flying,man going into space or walking on the moon? Can't think of too many advances like that in my living memory that people will be looking at 50 years later framed on the wall while they are taking a piss. The i-phone? The first tweet? Pffft
                          From Neil Armstrong to Lance Armstrong

Comment

Comment

If John Wick doesn't deliver I am giving up cinema

Comment

That looks interesting, cheers!

Getting to spend a few hours in front of a telly watching man walk on the moon vs the potential of a tablet is so far from being slightly comparable. The reason walking on the moon was so eventful was because it was one of so few actual events. Now everyday brings mega-events. I think. Well maybe Kurzweil thinks and I'm copying the thoughts of his that I've spent an entire 20 mins reading.
                                Give me one 'potential of a tablet' that compares with the "we are on the moon, next stop star trek' example please

Comment

You are completely missing the scale of impact the convergence of technologies that allow the internet and ubiquitous communication to happen.and this is only the beginning.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If John Wick doesn't deliver I am giving up cinema
                                    Enjoyed it, bit of craic.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      You are completely missing the scale of impact the convergence of technologies that allow the internet and ubiquitous communication to happen.and this is only the beginning.
                                      Give me an example aside from.decent people screwed out of an income by people who use the word disruption too much

Comment

Comment

We cant all be coding mates. Tis getting silly.
                                          moaaarrr peanut butter stew (with organic Italian short grain hipster rice), get in me.

Looks top mate. Having cake.

That looks interesting, cheers!

Getting to spend a few hours in front of a telly watching man walk on the moon vs the potential of a tablet is so far from being slightly comparable. The reason walking on the moon was so eventful was because it was one of so few actual events. Now everyday brings mega-events. I think. Well maybe Kurzweil thinks and I'm copying the thoughts of his that I've spent an entire 20 mins reading.
                                          Never happened though.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Its mad just how little this feeds into modern policy. I'd make a random guess, but probably conservative, that 50% of current jobs won't exist in 20 years. 95% won't exist in 40 years. So over a lot of peoples working lives. But how are you (or I) preparing for the fact that our job almost certainly won't exist before we get to retirement? Chaotic, but interesting times ahead as the exponential of the tech curve kicks in.
                                            Most jobs today are already useless. That they exist at all is a form of control

Comment

Comment

Nifty fifty for the vacuum cleaner Iago mate, working well?

Comment

Comment

Most jobs today are already useless. That they exist at all is a form of control
                                                    Can you elabora8 m8
                                                    Edit: Hitch said it.

So mates, sup?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      Nifty fifty for the vacuum cleaner Iago mate, working well?
                                                      Promise you'll take better care of it than sam

Comment

Its not this thing or that. Which is why its so much more disruptive than a single event of man landing on the moon. Its a hundred / thousand / million small things a day. I'd imagine though the development in robotics is the most visual example.
                                                        One of those clone yokes flew over my head in the park yesterday, someone programmed it to curse at people and fly off . I hit it with a rock and got arrested

SPOILER
                                                        for making an obscene clone fall

Comment

Can you elabora8 m8
                                                          Edit: Hitch said it.

So mates, sup?
                                                          Better to have people tied up for 40 hours a week(50-60+ for the retards +a small minority of v productive folks) than 20 + time to think

Comment

Give me an example aside from.decent people screwed out of an income by people who use the word disruption too much
                                                            I'm not saying it's for better or for worse(I expect in the long run better), it just is and its having a bigger, wider and very much more rapid impact than the industrial revolution.

Comment

One thing is certain - the singularity is not near.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

RIP Richie Benaud.

The true voice of cricket
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  Do you recommend any particular peanut butter (or make your own)? I've mostly been on lidl mcennedy peanut butter for the last couple of years. I did like Kelkins one, though it was out of stock in my local Tesco for a few months, and I just gave up looking for it.
                                                                  I really recommend people to make their own nut butters, so easy and they are fantastic. It's essentially blended nuts, so satisfying. For buying peanut butter I just look for the one that has the least shite ingredients health wise as they all taste good to me. Not really an expert on them due to that! That's usually from some health shop but I'm not too picky and would get it from tesco/aldi.

Comment

I don't think companies are in the business of paying people as an exercise in control. They're currently needed jobs, but you can see from finance - where a huge swathe of traders have been elimated almost overnight due to computer trading - you can be just a year or two from gonzo.
                                                                    And what a loss too

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Its mad just how little this feeds into modern policy. I'd make a random guess, but probably conservative, that 50% of current jobs won't exist in 20 years. 95% won't exist in 40 years. So over a lot of peoples working lives. But how are you (or I) preparing for the fact that our job almost certainly won't exist before we get to retirement? Chaotic, but interesting times ahead as the exponential of the tech curve kicks in.
                                                                      It's grand once you embrace it, basically all I've ever been paid to do is click buttons for completely unproductive reasons, I'm not sure what my next button clicking career will be but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Comment

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on economic lecturer v1.0. Say goodbye Hitch. As for Denny he's already been replaced but some companies are a bit backward.

There should be medical diagnosis bots soon, that'll be neat. Doctors are essentially needless, we all are. When do we get to stop working?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                          Out of interest in Lough Erne do you need a licence to fish from your boat?. Does the boat also need to check in at the jetty or can anyone with a boat work away?.
                                                                          Whats Lusty Beg island like do you know?. Id say its the richies mainly that go there?.
                                                                          You need a licence to fish. Game licence and permit for game fish ( trout / salmon ) Coarse Licence for coarse fish ( Pike, roach, bream, perch etc) I have 2 licences and permits for lower Lough for year to fish 2 rods costing £150. Tackle shops sell day tickets.
                                                                          Bring your own boat and launch at any of public slipways free.
                                                                          Lusty Beg for anyone and everyone. Does loads of team work / bonding shite that firms do for their staff as well as weddings. stags. boat users etc. You can access Island on foot from mainland on a short ferry ride free. Its basically a barge pulled along chains.
                                                                          TBH I prefered it years ago when it was basically a pub and a few shacks with all night drinking lol

Comment

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on economic lecturer v1.0. Say goodbye Hitch. As for Denny he's already been replaced but some companies are a bit backward.

There should be medical diagnosis bots soon, that'll be neat. Doctors are essentially needless, we all are. When do we get to stop working?
                                                                            In the future, cans will be the only currency.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                              @tipp86 great win in U21 Munster final tonight stopping Cork getting the 5 in a row. Semi final against the Dubs sat week in Tullamore.
                                                                              Ya it was a nice win. They were missing a good few players so the win was not expected. The Dublin game is a repeat of the minor AI and im sure Dublin will go in as strong favourites.

The underage success really needs to translate into something at Senior level soon.

What are the chances of selling two Aintree tickets before I enter the race course Saturday?
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Nobody has needed to work since the white Russian was invented. Your life is a lie

Comment

Nobody has needed to work since the white Russian was invented. Your life is a lie

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      You were always smaller, DP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        Having a nightmare over on Betfair.

I had two large unmatched bets on the betfair - same market, two win bets on both options.
                                                                                        I wanted to adjust my stake and odds, I couldn't change both together, so I opted to cancel the bets.
                                                                                        Only one of the bets was refunded to my account. At first I thought I was maybe mistaken and I had lost more than I thought recently

But my main wallet now has less in it than the two bets combined. I don't think its possible to use the other wallet for this market.

Anybody ever experience this?
                                                                                        This is still going on 2 or 3 weeks later. Betfair suport are dire. It's like they haven't a clue of anything betfair does

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          This is still going on 2 or 3 weeks later. Betfair suport are dire. It's like they haven't a clue of anything betfair does
                                                                                          Think doug was saying he's in a similar spot.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                            Fuckin A

Comment

How was the old darts chd?
                                                                                              Hows the brain these days?

Comment

Speaking of flights.
                                                                                                Is there anywhere I can get a list of all flights from A to B on a given day.
                                                                                                Long haul, low volume of that matters.

Comment

Bloodline

SPOILER
                                                                                                  I was finding it fairly heavy going for large parts earlier in the season and nearly shelfed it a couple of times. Psycho Danny showed up in full force in an episode last night and I haven't been able to stop watching since. Last couple will need to wait till tomorrow night. Some of the subtext laden conversations between Danny and the family are incredibly well done.

Opr

Comment

How was the old darts chd?
                                                                                                    Hows the brain these days?
                                                                                                    Top class. We broke the top teams 20 odd win streak to get a draw in their shop. Donkathon from here plays for them. Rustled his jimmies about thanking posts.
                                                                                                    Last edited by CHDad; 10-04-15, 03:22.

Comment

I'm not the jimmy rustler
                                                                                                      im the jimmy rustlers son
                                                                                                      and I'm only rustlin jimmies
                                                                                                      till the jimmy rustker comes

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                        One of those clone yokes flew over my head in the park yesterday, someone programmed it to curse at people and fly off . I hit it with a rock and got arrested

SPOILER
                                                                                                        for making an obscene clone fall
                                                                                                        Drone?
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                          Drone?
                                                                                                          DOH. Correct

Comment

@Solskjaer - thought it was you that gave Speith, nice call. Guinness on the way once he completes the job
                                                                                                            Last edited by careca; 10-04-15, 07:35.

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone know of any cash games in the Belfast area? I'm not 100% sure of the whole live poker situation up there.

Comment

Do a search on Speith and Solskjaer. Pint of Guinness is all I ask as it was obvious since January. This kid is the real deal.
                                                                                                                  He was a "you need your head examined" price though don't forget

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                                      He was a "you need your head examined" price though don't forget
                                                                                                                      I didn't say he'd win , isaid he'd win by a few . Anyhoo he:s not 12s now .

Comment

I didn't say he'd win , isaid he'd win by a few . Anyhoo he:s not 12s now .
                                                                                                                        I fancied him as well but didn't back him in the end
                                                                                                                        On Day and Casey though so there's still hope, long way to go yet!

Comment

The Fianna Fail implosion is rather spectacular. The rumours of their demise was seemingly merely delayed. Nothing big today, just more small no-hope stuff.
                                                                                                                          who says there's never any good news?
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X