X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Probably because it wasn't in your OP.

Smacked of casual racism but whatever. Off to the cheese-eating surrender monkeys already!
    No defying international treaties, pushing people off their land and implementing a de facto apartheid regime is rascist. Suggesting that
    there haven't been this many jewish tears shed since Israel was told by the international community that they had to stop shooting palestinian kids playing on beaches
    is just common or garden offensive
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sweat hopping off me here

]
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        How do the BBV feel about Ginseng these days? Havent heard it mentioned in a while. Are people still using it?

I gave up after a week, gonna try again from today.
        Took it for around 2 months. Didn't notice anything different taking it or after.

Comment

What time does the golf start tomorrow?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ugh. Decided I fancied a drop of whiskey tonight, finished off a half shot remaining in a bottle of Jameson's so wanted to open up a bottle of Kilbeggan's I had been gifted about two Christmases ago. It came with a nice tumbler in the box, but this clumsy clown couldn't remove the tumbler without letting the entire bottle slip out of my grasp and smash all over the kitchen floor Gaff stinks of sweet whiskey, yet all I have is a half shot in my glass!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                  What time does the golf start tomorrow?
                  First group at at 12:45 our time. Coverage on sky from 7 but I don't think they can show live until 8.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                        Ugh. Decided I fancied a drop of whiskey tonight, finished off a half shot remaining in a bottle of Jameson's so wanted to open up a bottle of Kilbeggan's I had been gifted about two Christmases ago. It came with a nice tumbler in the box, but this clumsy clown couldn't remove the tumbler without letting the entire bottle slip out of my grasp and smash all over the kitchen floor Gaff stinks of sweet whiskey, yet all I have is a half shot in my glass!
                        thought this was gonna be a bad beat rant about a tongue cut with glass.

Comment

the Royals is some craic

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Chippie here is offering:

1. Batter burger: €2.20
                            2. Batter burger in a bun: €4.00
                            Get a sausage in batter in a hot dog bun
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It's a famously jewish diamond trading area! Assuming you don't associate the UK Independent with the same casual racism this was a link to an article there on it being so. The article itself is incidentally a review of a book written by a jewish person saying how jewish Hatton Gardens is, including the diamond store her jewish grandfather had there.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Chippie here is offering:

1. Batter burger: €2.20
                                2. Batter burger in a bun: €4.00
                                A chippy is a carpenter m8
                                seems to be an English thing to call the chipper a chippy

Chippy or Chipper?
                                What say you BBV???
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Chippy or Chipper?
                                  What say you BBV???
                                  Chipper for sure.

Comment

Chippy or Chipper?
                                    What say you BBV???
                                    A Nindian

Comment

Chippers

Comment

Chipper, I was annoyed by this misuse of vernacular.

and offo can fuck offo.

Comment

Chippers are the nut grimness aul buddies aul pals m8s

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                            Unlucky m8

Comment

I forgot how much I hate the sound of Monty's voice

Comment

Chipper.

Comment

Fucking bored. Kaymer any chance in the golf. Don't follow it at all but looks a price for a german with previous. Gonna back him even if he is dying don't know why I am asking. Any craic m8s?

Comment

The hour from 7pm til 8pm when Sky aren't able to show live golf despite all the major contenders being on the course, and instead interview Monty for the hour in the studio whilst message boards go mental. One of the funniest parts of the tourney that.

Comment

Chippy is confirmed English. Wife looks at me funny when I say chipper. That's something you feed old christmas trees into as far as she's concerned.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        Chippy is confirmed English. Wife looks at me funny when I say chipper. That's something you feed old christmas trees into as far as she's concerned.
                                                        that's what I use the lawnmower for
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Didn't realise it was actually possible to be this bored. Feel like i've read the entire internet.
                                                          Regularly feel this way. Until I discovered 'Stumble'. Pretty cool chrome extension for when your mind is numb.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

lol Tories

SPOILER
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                Yea, I'd agree for a lot of things, avoid Samsung, apple phones etc but think I'll splash out on this.
                                                                Hotukdeals suggesting this as worth a consideration

Comment

Comment

I like the gradual change from the initial chippy to chipper in the post, you have succumb.
                                                                    Health and safety is pretty mad here, in a good way. In the netherlands I frequently nearly walk/cycle into giant pits as they have no protection for roadworks at all. No signs or anything, they just leave it all out in the open. Here there is a bazillion signs, and actually physical barriers/fences stopping you hurting yourself. if you die in the netherlands then i suppose it's pruning their society of people they dont think should live.

Comment

Not sure the chippie vs chipper conversation is getting at the nub of the problem:

- the ridic excess of warning notices in whatever they are called

This is also a feature of photocopier rooms. Have previously noted the crazy amount of warning notices in the work photocopying room. Vague memory says 20+ notices.

There seems to be certain places where warning notices cluster.

Think back to that earlier chippy example. (Airport takeaway near DCU). They had a frayed 'no running' sign (well two of them) on the wall. I'd guess this was the original sign given its agedness.

The first issue here is how serious a problem is running in a chippers that you need two signs to stop it?

But presumably it worked as then they put up two signs that look a bit newer saying 'no sitting' on the window so I guess the people who were previously running marathons decided to be good citizens and sit down. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Why are these people sitting - get out the warning signs Pedro.

And it keeps growing and growing.

They need to condense the number of signs into a singular 'by entering this chipper I agree to following conduct' contract.

I'm not singleing out this chipper, it's a universal feature of them. I think it might be something cultural around Italians, frying stuff all day, and owning a dot matrix printer.
                                                                      Airport Takeaway is probably my favourite chipper in Dublin, won't have a bad word said about it. All be it's about 5 years since I have been there but intend to take a trip to the Northside for a visit soon.

In saying that, looks like other half is being offered a job in Clonshaugh which she will probably take so my visits there may become more frequent.

Really struggling to find any nicely finished apartments in that area which are also in a decent area, trying to rent in Dublin is a pain in the hole at the moment
                                                                      Last edited by digiman; 08-04-15, 21:55.

Comment

Has anyone here ever done pilates? Opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                          I like the gradual change from the initial chippy to chipper in the post, you have succumb.
                                                                          Health and safety is pretty mad here, in a good way. In the netherlands I frequently nearly walk/cycle into giant pits as they have no protection for roadworks at all. No signs or anything, they just leave it all out in the open. Here there is a bazillion signs, and actually physical barriers/fences stopping you hurting yourself. if you die in the netherlands then i suppose it's pruning their society of people they dont think should live.
                                                                          Not so sure it's in a good way. Closing down half of Dame street for the great sinkhole?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-04-15, 22:18.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              it's great, it hurts when I laugh though. (next day)

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                Not so sure it's in a good way. Closing down half of Dame street for the great sinkhole?

Apparently Icarus is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                  it's great, it hurts when I laugh though. (next day)
                                                                                  What's it great for would you say?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                    Airport Takeaway is probably my favourite chipper in Dublin, won't have a bad word said about it. All be it's about 5 years since I have been there but intend to take a trip to the Northside for a visit soon.

In saying that, looks like other half is being offered a job in Clonshaugh which she will probably take so my visits there may become more frequent.

Really struggling to find any nicely finished apartments in that area which are also in a decent area, trying to rent in Dublin is a pain in the hole at the moment
                                                                                    Airport is decent. Have lots of fond memories of pouring out of the Viscount age 16 and scoffing burgers and chips while sitting in the roudabout in Gaeltacht park. It's a good chipper but there's nostalgia involved.

Macaris in Finglas, however, is empirically the best chipper in Dublin. 2nd only to the Roma II on Camden St, which has the added bonus of being in town.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Not sure the chippie vs chipper conversation is getting at the nub of the problem:

- the ridic excess of warning notices in whatever they are called

This is also a feature of photocopier rooms. Have previously noted the crazy amount of warning notices in the work photocopying room. Vague memory says 20+ notices.

There seems to be certain places where warning notices cluster.

Think back to that earlier chippy example. (Airport takeaway near DCU). They had a frayed 'no running' sign (well two of them) on the wall. I'd guess this was the original sign given its agedness.

The first issue here is how serious a problem is running in a chippers that you need two signs to stop it?

But presumably it worked as then they put up two signs that look a bit newer saying 'no sitting' on the window so I guess the people who were previously running marathons decided to be good citizens and sit down. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Why are these people sitting - get out the warning signs Pedro.

And it keeps growing and growing.

They need to condense the number of signs into a singular 'by entering this chipper I agree to following conduct' contract.

I'm not singleing out this chipper, it's a universal feature of them. I think it might be something cultural around Italians, frying stuff all day, and owning a dot matrix printer.
                                                                                      The worst thing about chippers is the Italian burd with the nice arse has more often than not got a bit of a Ronnie.

Comment

Chippy or Chipper?
                                                                                        What say you BBV???
                                                                                        Not confirmed English! I call it a chippy and I am Scottish

I think chipper sounds silly. But I do know carpenter's are called chippy too but is it not spelled as chippie?

Comment

Well the interweb will give you better info but for most sports I'd say having a stong core helps. I used to suffer with lower back stiffness , the ol Pilates cleared it up, which for me is great.

Comment

I did it for a year a few years back. I did enjoy it but did struggle with balance for some of the exercises. Never really felt too much pain after it but I had been doing zumba regular when I started Pilate's.

Comment

...

Comment

It is all about breathing techniques and strengthening your core muscles. Helps with flexibility and balance. It is tough enough hut can be relaxing at some parts too. I found it good for posture as well.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

Things must have changed in 5 years so because the Airport Takeaway have the worst chips ive tasted from an Italian chipper in Dublin and your always waiting an age for the stuff. I've actually said this to someone recently, they look ok but they are absolutely terrible chips and ive gone twice in the last 3-4 months giving them a 2nd chance on the second try. A 3rd chance really because went there on a break during IPO 2 years ago and they were the exact same then.
                                                                                                  If your in Clonshaugh go to the Alpine Grill beside the Ardlee inn. Probably the nicest chips you can get in Dublin and most plentiful, you get too much really!. The Cosy on the Malahide rd used be confirmed the best but i havent been there in years but it cant have got as bad as the Airport in that time.

Comment

lol Tories

SPOILER

worst flash mob ever.

Comment

Airport is decent. Have lots of fond memories of pouring out of the Viscount age 16 and scoffing burgers and chips while sitting in the roudabout in Gaeltacht park. It's a good chipper but there's nostalgia involved.

Macaris in Finglas, however, is empirically the best chipper in Dublin. 2nd only to the Roma II on Camden St, which has the added bonus of being in town.
                                                                                                      Roma II is only up there because you are most likely too drunk to even judge! I've made the mistake of going there sober, could be one of the worst!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Not confirmed English! I call it a chippy and I am Scottish

I think chipper sounds silly. But I do know carpenter's are called chippy too but is it not spelled as chippie?
                                                                                                        English, Scottish, ye are all British so same thing effectively

Comment

Would somewhere like Malahide be worth a gander?

You can rent my city centre place in Spencer Dock from May 30th if you want! The landlord is rather informal so would probably just agree on the spot. We actually met him randomly while we were looking for another place and just got talking to him. Sound guy. Have only spoke to him once in two years, which was last summer after i'd spent the rent money on something stupid involving drink and couldn't afford the rent. Never seen or heard from him otherwise.

Place looks very similar to here. Same building. Except without the duplex feature.

Current rent is €1,400, but I'd imagine he is highly keen to jack it up at least towards the €1,550 point.
                                                                                                          I've had a look at Malahide, I'm currently working in Donnybrook and most likely moving to Carrickmines in mid summer. Neither of those commute sI fancy to be honest, missus doesn't drive is the main problem so need to be somewhere on the 17a or 27b bus routes.

End of May is too late for me now,so would have to rule out your place!

Comment

Do they still serve up chips in newspaper in the UK. I would throw a wobbler if I got my chips served up in a fooking newspaper. LOLbrits

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              English, Scottish, ye are all British so same thing effectively

I just get annoyed at everyone calling us all English. Except when they do something bad/wrong then they get classed as Scottish

Comment

...
                                                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-04-15, 22:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                  Do they still serve up chips in newspaper in the UK. I would throw a wobbler if I got my chips served up in a fooking newspaper. LOLbrits
                                                                                                                  That was only wrapped round the greaseproof paper. The little bag was put down on a sheet then wrapped again in newspapers. Now its fake printed newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    I just get annoyed at everyone calling us all English. Except when they do something bad/wrong then they get classed as Scottish
                                                                                                                    stewart lee, braveheart, william wallace, scotland

Comment

I hate when cunce put your cold can of coke in with your chips.

Comment

Tell me you guys don't do that elbows.

Comment

Chippers should only be considered for a ranking if they serve an onion ring . One large portion of onion fully battered, not the poloesque three or four small soggy rings that have become the norm.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X