Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket snob here: this is not real cricket.

I did captain two of the lads playing today when they were young fellas. Obviously taking credit if we win.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The countdown crap is beyond idiotic

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I did captain two of the lads playing today when they were young fellas. Obviously taking credit if we win.
        Gayle and who else?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Gayle and who else?
          KOB and NOB.

Comment

Cowen was the boss and deserves opprobrium. He should have thanked Lenihan for his service and told him he was resigning immediately and go home and spend his last days with his family.

The concept of this even being considered a choice is an abomination.
            I wonder what Cowen fucking does or thinks about all day long? Out of the game at 51 years old.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                I wonder what Cowen fucking does or thinks about all day long? Out of the game at 51 years old.
                Drink and drinking by all accounts.

Although at least he's staying out of sight, unlike Bertie (well, until he got decked in a boozer )

Comment

Ah come impossible for band wagoners like me to enjoy test cricket it's horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                    Ah come impossible for band wagoners like me to enjoy test cricket it's horrible.
                    Limited overs is to test cricket as dutch gold is to Domaine Romanée-Conti. They both have merits of course but there really is no comparison.
                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      It was in English and Economics. The omitted part of his studies somewhat weakening the point being made.

He was also Minister for Industry back in the 80s (according to wiki!), and then leader of the opposition for a long period. Its a very different career experience to being Minister for Children for five years as was the case with Lenihan.

I saw Noonan speak in 2012 in front of the great and the good of international finance. Enda had spoken earlier in the day and had fallen as flat as the Enda pancake normally does. But Noonan absolutely dominated the room. The man has some sort of brilliant charisma and authority about him.

Don't feel the slightest bit of shame about praising him either, as he only has a few years left in politics, and what he has done deserves some credit.

/ might have gone a bit off-track in the above.
                      Didn't realise he did Economics along with English. I have an A1 in Economics from Leaving Cert. Maybe I could be a Minister of Finance?

But I think the efforts you're going to here to make out that Noonan is massively more qualified to be minister for finance than Lenihan was is really the rubbish that I'm talking about:

- neither have an 'appropriate' background for the job at hand;
                      - both are clearly able and intelligent men;

Trying to find a substantive difference here because one if FG and the other FF is a nonsense, sorry!
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

KOB and NOB.
                        What was your greatest strength on the field

Comment

Mooney is pumped for this.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            What was your greatest strength on the field
                            My ability to negotiate the death overs after four sneaky pints of cider.

Comment

What do we need here Kev?

I assume:

<100: boatshoes, we win
                              <150: in great shape, need to hold our nerve
                              <200: eh, an outside chance
                              >200: forget about it, we lose

Am I close?

Comment

I assume:

Am I close?
                                We chased 320 in the WC before against a better team than this.

Comment

I assume:

Am I close?
                                  Keep them to anything below 300 and we are in serious bonus territory and have a sniff

Comment

Picked up this today

and stirred in 2 spoons of this into it warmed for Mia. OMG!!! get some

Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I assume:

Am I close?
                                      No, if we were offered to chase 250, we'd prob snap their hands off.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Decent start although I do fear what Gayle might do if in the mood.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          No, if we were offered to chase 250, we'd prob snap their hands off.
                                          Got yiz.

Comment

Small-ish ground? Looks it.

Comment

Gonna need wickets though. With wickets in hand at the death then they will destroy us

Comment

Very rare these days thankfully. Prob set his line about 45 runs.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Small-ish ground? Looks it.
                                                  Yep 64/65m to the side, 74m straight down the ground

Comment

Comment

First mention of the Irish team having "character".

For those of you playing International Sporting Tournament Cliche Bingo at home remember the key words and phrases here for the Irish are:

"Team Spirit"
                                                      "Comraderie"
                                                      "Scrappy"
                                                      "Wily"

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                        Picked up this today

and stirred in 2 spoons of this into it warmed for Mia. OMG!!! get some

do they do it in tobacco flavor ?

Comment

Woot

Comment

I assume:

Am I close?
                                                            The windiest bowling is very poor . Scotland were 4 runs off chasing down 314
                                                            And we would b a better team

Comment

YES

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                First mention of the Irish team having "character".

For those of you playing International Sporting Tournament Cliche Bingo at home remember the key words and phrases here for the Irish are:

"Team Spirit"
                                                                "Comraderie"
                                                                "Scrappy"
                                                                "Wily"
                                                                Plucky

Comment

Its a difficult one. Made extra difficult by the person sometimes not wanting to admit to their self what is happening.

It's almost unheard of for a major CEO to continue when they are in the terminal stage, because the drugs mess with your mind so much. It would be considered a breach of duty by the board to allow that to happen (well in the US at least).
                                                                  Was Steve Jobs an exception proving your theory? Reminded me of Brezhnev, the way he wouldn't go
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Eh buddy, not so fast, its not that simple.

We're going to need to see some ID.

You will presumably acknowledge that learning economics from a school teacher, and doing economics in UCD probably lead to slightly different skillsets though!

Some brilliant economists have taught and researched in UCD over the years. A lot more so than in any other uni in Ireland.

Not to take away from the idea that a uni degree more than a school education makes you any more qualified to run a country's finances. But he had clearly put in a lot more hours doing numbers than Lenihan. That would have given him the benefit of historical perspective too.
                                                                    Yeah I understand an Economics degree >>>> Leaving Cert Economics.

Nah I still don't think there's any substantive difference between the qualifications of Noonan and Lenihan with regards to their suitability to be Minister for Finance.

Comment

Fucking bang, what a throw!!

Comment

Boom

Comment

Penny the chiweenie and Jujubee the cat actually get along pretty well despite the dachshund factor and the cat having full claws. http://imgur.com/Yo1FNkp http://imgur.com/dtaartb http://imgur.com/r2dqxw2 http://imgur.com/yPoyYNJ Edit: Source video: http://youtu.be/798TTsjf9v0 Cat makes you wait for it even longer...Jukin Media Verified (Original) * For licensing / permission to use: Contact - licensing(at)jukinmediadotcom

heh, has to be a link unfortunately
                                                                          Last edited by mdoug; 15-02-15, 22:40.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Crows understand analogies:

Apart from all the cool stuff they have been found to do, fill containers with objects to raise water level for drinking, put coins in slot machines for food, build tools to solve puzzles, they have been known to see humans throwing trash in the bin and copy the behavior, I guess they could be thinking it must correlate with something beneficial to them and testing it.
                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-02-15, 22:41.

Comment

Jokes about Kevin O'Brien getting sunburn can be ticked off your bingo list Kayroo.
                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I think I deserve another G&T for my contribution to the national cause.

Comment

Bit jealous of the Irish c*nts over there watching.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                        do they do it in tobacco flavor ?
                                                                                        No ya dickhead!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Bit jealous of the Irish c*nts over there watching.
                                                                                          Don't know many who went over for it. Imagine lots of emigres will be at the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Apart from all the cool stuff they have been found to do, fill containers with objects to raise water level for drinking, put coins in slot machines for food, build tools to solve puzzles, they have been known to see humans throwing trash in the bin and copy the behavior, I guess they could be thinking it must correlate with something beneficial to them and testing it.
                                                                                            They're scary motherfuckers imo. It's kind of gas, that humans think they are so intelligent, because they have language and whatnot. Birds are operating on such a higher level all the time, like most of them can fly.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Gayle really taking his time to feel his way in here, if he's at it he can catch up in a few overs but if we can take the wicket for <50 we'd probably be close to favs.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Gayle really taking his time to feel his way in here, if he's at it he can catch up in a few overs but if we can take the wicket for <50 we'd probably be close to favs.
                                                                                                He looks completely out of nick, timing is completely off.

Comment

Ugh. Samuels was gone there with a clean take.

Comment

Cant say I would have thought Sunday Night BBV sport chat would be cricket!

Comment

Careful now

Comment

Windies starting to get their eye in here, need a wicket to break the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                          Windies starting to get their eye in here, need a wicket to break the momentum.
                                                                                                          Game has changed so much. Wickets in hand at the end and against our bowlers it will be carnage

Comment

Great BBV tonight, wp lads.

Lloyd, you're such a cooler dude when you debate with a cool head

Moar of that imo.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Boom - sorry i have to go to bed now
                                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: Lol at "Everybody Hurts" by REM playing as Gayle walks

Comment

Yussssss

Comment

Told ya. He's been really poor all innings.

Comment

Great wicket, giving this a good go but as Kev says the last 10 overs could be painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

This is my all time favourite youtube vid...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 15-02-15, 23:26.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Oh baby. Hold pls

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X