This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Ah check in is sorted, just meant getting through security and down towards the gates. No bag drop because we'll just have cabin luggage. No kids, just me and MrsF. Was thinking 10.30 myself so that sounds good, ty.
    Just on this, MrF surprised me with my Valentines present early to make sure I had everything I wanted organised.

We fly out Thurs morning as he said and that night we have tickets to Cirque du Soleil. Staying at a mystery location in Knightbridge (Mr FD keeping shtume) On Friday evening we have a reservation for "Dinner by Heston Blumenthal" I really can not wait. Super excited about the trip and it sounds fantastic.

Have another day in London to do the tourist thing and then fly home Sunday morning.

What a man

Comment

What a brillant Ad, love it

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
        Just on this, MrF surprised me with my Valentines present early to make sure I had everything I wanted organised.

We fly out Thurs morning as he said and that night we have tickets to Cirque du Soleil. Staying at a mystery location in Knightbridge (Mr FD keeping shtume) On Friday evening we have a reservation for "Dinner by Heston Blumenthal" I really can not wait. Super excited about the trip and it sounds fantastic.

Have another day in London to do the tourist thing and then fly home Sunday morning.

What a man
        sausagesface.gif
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

For any casual darts fans, why not enter the IPB Premier League Predictions thread here

We kick off on Thursday, and entry fee is only €25 and that will give you an interest in all 78 matches over the coming weeks. Plenty of bragging rights up for grabs as you get the chance to take on Finkel on his home turf, and give CHD and Kev a run for their money on the arrows. You can even bring down our own Armani 'JimmyMaGee' Jeans. Why wouldn't you want to get involved. You will just need to enter your predictions for the 5 matches every Thursday and that's pretty much it!

Even if you don't follow darts, it's still worth a punt, so get involved!

Final BUMP for this. Starts tonght at 7pm

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Jaysus, how is it 2pm? Just sitting down to start work and noticed the seeming vanishment of 2/3rds of the working day.
              Time does fly at times. Got up at 11am, breakfast,quick read of paper, bit of grocery shopping locally, then drove into town and bought a frying pan, came home and made an omelette in new pan, cup of tea and a surf on net placing a few bets. Kids home soon and things will get really busy then.Almost time to light the fire ffs!

Comment

The missus and I have a romantic valentines day lined up as well. We'll get settled early for a day of drinking and watching sport in a pub in Lanzarote.

Doesn't get any more romantic than that I think you'll find.

Comment

I'm having valentines day on sunday when the food gets delivered.
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Realised I had my fly open all day, including for annual review. Impactful play paid off.

Comment

Comment

Romantic Valentine's evening planned with my true love... Sport.

17:00 Ireland v France 6 nations
                          17:30 crystal palace v Liverpool FA Cup
                          19:00 Waterford v limerick hurling league
                          21:00 Kilkenny v Cork hurling league.

The missus and first born, loves 3 and 2 respectively may be about the place too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              The missus and I have a romantic valentines day lined up as well. We'll get settled early for a day of drinking and watching sport in a pub in Lanzarote.

Doesn't get any more romantic than that I think you'll find.
                              You're in London at he same time as us. Might see you rambling around drunk that weekend too

Comment

I expect we will be hearing a lot more from this Derry based kid

SOAK is an 18 year-old singer from Derry, Ireland with a stark and alluring sound.

Heres a version of the song that NPR are featuring done when she was just 15

http://www.bandwidthsessions.com/soak*SUBTITLES ADDED!*A session with the wonderful Derry musician SOAK - filmed in Mussendun Temple as part of the ni2012 se...

Like Bandwidth Sessions on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bbandwidthhttp://www.bandwidthsessions.com/soakA session with the wonderful Derry musician SOAK...

Nice track from Glastonbury this year
                                SOAK perform Be a Nobody at Glastonbury 2014.For more exclusive videos and photos from across Glastonbury 2014, go to the BBC Glastonbury website: http://www...
                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 12-02-15, 16:28.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

He is an american craig David but can't sing.
                                  I'm angry now that people have made this guy what he is.
                                  Who here listens/bought this talentless cunce shite?

Need to go kick things now.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Noob ticket question.

Promised the sister a Bruce Springsteen Crokers ticket for her birthday. How do you find out when they go on sale? Nothing on the ticketmaster website.
                                    His agent said they were false rumours and that he won't be gigging this summer.

Comment

Noob ticket question.

Promised the sister a Bruce Springsteen Crokers ticket for her birthday. How do you find out when they go on sale? Nothing on the ticketmaster website.
                                      Best of luck keeping that promise !

Aint happening dude, was never a Bruce gig in croke park this year
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Toxic orange cloud spreads over Catalonia after chemical

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

One of the top producers of his generation tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              Entirely possible that a gambling operator would think that sipping Remy Martin on a yacht is the nut life. I would say that to think that satisfying a craving for expensive brandy or having a luxury yacht etc. can lead to contentedness is to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of desire. Like the IRA, it doesn't go away you know.
                                              I read about a study that says that money in fact does buy happiness, with no fall off in the correlation as wealth increased to obscene levels. Must dig it up if I can...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                At least one of ye has to get the meat fruit starter and the tipsy cake desert...they're amazebags.

I'm skipping valentine's shite this year. Mrs. is 30 shortly after so we're going to Monaco for the weekend for her b'day. Debating whether to go all out and get the chopper from Nice to Monaco...200 euro for 7 minutes is obscene though.

Comment

Comment

Hitch could be the new aiken promotions. There 8s still a chance he can pull this off.

Comment

It wasn't so much that money buys happiness but that reduces the risk of sadness and anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        One of the top producers of his generation tbf.
                                                        For who? His stuff is muck.

Comment

Comment

Found this pic while clearing up the phone and thought it was just class. New homescreen on the phone.
                                                            Attached Files

Comment

More money is almost exclusively good on all dimensions is what modern research shows. Except for developing gout.
                                                              Not denying that, just adding that an absence of sadness and anxiety is the definition of happiness.

Comment

For who? His stuff is muck.
                                                                There's no accounting for taste but take your pick , MBDTF is one of the best albums from the last few years (imo).

Jay-Z thinks he's a genius, who are we to argue!

[Chorus:]Lucifer, dawn of de morning! I'm gonna, chase you out of EarthLucifer Lucifer, dawn of de morning...(I'm from the murder capital, where we murder fo...

Comment

More money is almost exclusively good on all dimensions is what modern research shows. Except for developing gout.
                                                                  True DAT.
                                                                  Solid gold shoes offer little comfort when you cannot wear them
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is there any chance a bookie would accomodate me if I strolled in and asked for odds on a nag to win the 2017 Gold Cup?
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Making those of us who will be fighting for the last card in Spar look a bit bad there, FD
                                                                      Beautiful roses in lidl hitch right now only 19.99,see a few chaps buying them.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Is there any chance a bookie would accomodate me if I strolled in and asked for odds on a nag to win the 2017 Gold Cup?
                                                                        I'll give you 20/1 now
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          I'll give you 20/1 now
                                                                          20/1 to get there surely

Comment

What's wrong with Craig David?

Also you are very wrong. Kanye's first few albums and work on jay z's stuff is genius.

Comment

Kanye's the greatest artist of our generation.

You can argue otherwise, but there's no point as you're wrong.

Comment

...

Comment

Forced to pokerstars.eu now, wtf is this shit about.. , been around long? hope the sunday millions are still the same
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Saw some post about getting broken into.

When I was about 9 my sister and I had stayed out at my aunties house and the next evening the folks came to collect us. When we got back the chain was on the front door and they couldnt get in. My dad went round the back and the door was open. The mess inside the house was unreal. This was only a couple of weeks before Christmas as well.

The only presents under the tree were ones for relatives so they were gone. Santa gifts prob up loft. My bedroom was ransacked too and they took my jewellery from it. I was gutted.

Later that evening my dad got called to the station, a guy was found wandering about a rough area with a suitcase that matched the description of the one stolen. He had to be held back when he saw the guy, he was going to kill him!

Everything returned but the jewellery which was mine and my mums that was taken.

After that I hated going up the stairs on my own, had to get someone to go and put the hall light in before I would go up and had to leave a light on in the bathroom and my door ajar. I was terrified of someone coming back and it was a horrible experience. The guy who did it was a junkie and just after stuff to sell. He prob did that with the jewellery I suppose. He hadnt even opened the wrapped presents lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Forced to pokerstars.eu now, wtf is this shit about.. , been around long? hope the sunday millions are still the same
                                                                                      Happened me last week with stars/FT. Seems to be no difference whatsover. All my settings etc transferred over automatically and it was all done within 30 seconds.

Comment

Happened me last week with stars/FT. Seems to be no difference whatsover. All my settings etc transferred over automatically and it was all done within 30 seconds.
                                                                                        I had to uninstall my anti-virus software to actually get stars after 2 months without it.
                                                                                        Restarted computer then installed stars, reinstalled anti virus, rebooted computer... to be told I had to upgrade to eu stuff.... and all over again. Lol.
                                                                                        Shipped the darts money there by the way, cheers for that.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Not denying that, just adding that an absence of sadness and anxiety is the definition of happiness.
                                                                                          Not sure where you got that from. It's not a definition of happiness I have ever come across in any field.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              Not sure where you got that from. It's not a definition of happiness I have ever come across in any field.
                                                                                              Typo, I was going for isn't as it happens.

Comment

If you're connecting through an airport, but actually don't want the last leg and want to get off in the 'connecting' airport, can you request to collect your bag once you land or what's the story?

Comment

Fairly impressive that an economist, Wolfers, has solved the money = happiness conundrum though. Have ye got any other problems you'd like awesome economics to solve?
                                                                                                  The sample of earners of $500k+ surveyed was eight. Why so small?
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 12-02-15, 19:29.

Comment

I started watching Hannibal recently, Hannibal is exactly how I imagine Hotspur to be IRL for some reason. Dodgy crowd them physiotherapists.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      If you're connecting through an airport, but actually don't want the last leg and want to get off in the 'connecting' airport, can you request to collect your bag once you land or what's the story?
                                                                                                      If ya get to an airline desk quick there's no reason they couldn't pull your bag
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Or if you know earlier don't see why they can't check it in to first destination
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          If ya get to an airline desk quick there's no reason they couldn't pull your bag
                                                                                                          Cool ty. Want to go to Edinburgh on the way back from Vegas instead of Dublin. Dub -> Vegas -> Dub is €520. Dub -> Vegas -> Edinburgh is pushing €1.5k. Was just going to book a one way london to edinburgh and ditch the london to dublin flight but don't want to lose my bag!

Comment

Or if you know earlier don't see why they can't check it in to first destination
                                                                                                            So I'd just ask in Vegas for them to check it as far as London only?

Comment

Cool ty. Want to go to Edinburgh on the way back from Vegas instead of Dublin. Dub -> Vegas -> Dub is €520. Dub -> Vegas -> Edinburgh is pushing €1.5k. Was just going to book a one way london to edinburgh and ditch the london to dublin flight but don't want to lose my bag!
                                                                                                              Unless there's a airline policy, which would make no sense, you should be good
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

So I'd just ask in Vegas for them to check it as far as London only?
                                                                                                                Yep, half the time when they get lost that's what they do anyway.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Unless there's a airline policy, which would make no sense, you should be good
                                                                                                                  I'd like to think they'd have to accommodate me, alternative for them is I don't arrive at the gate for the final leg and they've to scramble to get my bag off in case it has a bomb or something!

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Things really taking off for Mick since he befriended me on linkedin.

Comment

Careful.

Friends did this when they flew Dub -> Cincinatti -> Chicago.

End goal was to get to Lexington Kentucky.

Ohio clearly much closer so they just didn't get on the last leg of the flight. Their bags were held and they were told they weren't allowed leave the airport in Cincinatti. Ended up having to wait in the airport for 5/6 hours for the next Cincinatti -> Chicago flight before renting a car to drive back the same route!

Might have changed since (2009) but I'd want more assurance than that from a guy who pretends to work in the airport!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X